• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
ok so in another game that im in im thinking about making a millenium driud, and making him a complete pasifist he wont engage in any violence at all, he thinks that it is his role to protect not hurt, so if he sees someone geting hurt he will step in and take the beating for them but he will not fight back. what do you guys think of it?

ok so in another game that im in im thinking about making a millenium driud, and making him a complete pasifist he wont engage in any violence at all, he thinks that it is his role to protect not hurt, so if he sees someone geting hurt he will step in and take the beating for them but he will not fight back. what do you guys think of it?
First thought: This really depends on the other characters and the story - extreme worldviews can quickly get your character in a spot where it's damn hard to find common ground with others. It's probably possible to run something like that, and I've tried myself on similar ideas before - but you always need to keep in mind that it's not only about your character, but about everyone elses' as well.

so far we have a bunch of sexualy driven juicer clones (npcs, and yes its a long story) we have a baby dragon, a necromancer, a sucubis (npc) a wilderness scout that seems to want to kill everything one minute and then be diplomatic the next, and we also have a clown the wants to do nothing but mess with everyone.

I might be wrong, but that really doesn't sound like the most pacifistic group out there - hard to tell, though. Perhaps ask your fellow players and the gm for feedback? They'd be the best ones to say: I really don't think that this is gonna work out. Especially the gm should be able to tell you if he thinks that he's going to be able to bring you in situations where that worldview can shine without being a nuisance for others.

Somehow, I managed to misread Sherwood Sherwood 's post; not my day. Adjusted my post slightly, nothing essential changed - one or two sentences should make more sense now, though.

Sorry for that - is there any way you could leave your speech in your post, perhaps on the beach? Liked that part, personally, I didn't mean to accidentilly interrupt character interaction.

its fine, ill add the little speech when our characters meet up on the beach ill try to sneak it in there. one of the advantadges of having mythology, my character knows more about the legends of the old world. yay.

Think you could just have sneaked it in now, since Blake's driving down to the beach as well - but it's your call, of course. Don't forget to add it later, doubt that many others will mention the old stories. You got something unique there, use it :)

(Disclaimer: Apologies in advance, friends. I've had an extremely busy Real Life recently and I'm just plain flat-lined for energy right now.)

Same for me - together, we'd probably be able to get that thing to work, right? (Please... Gradicus needs to shoot the bad guys with that thing, or we're toast...)

Silanon Silanon That last line made me laugh out loud! I've had one heck of an early, busy day today and it was nice to come home to humor. Thanks a bunch, you! *gives you cookies*

First thought: This really depends on the other characters and the story - extreme worldviews can quickly get your character in a spot where it's damn hard to find common ground with others. It's probably possible to run something like that, and I've tried myself on similar ideas before - but you always need to keep in mind that it's not only about your character, but about everyone elses' as well.

DraconianWarrior DraconianWarrior Re: Non-Sherwood Rifts game. Once again, I find myself completely in agreement with Silanon's thoughts here.

I also believe is about everyone's fun. If even one person isn't having fun, it affects me and makes me want to pause the game until a reasonable solution is found. I mean, who hasn't been the "odd one out" at a social event while everybody else is having a good time? I don't like being that guy and I don't seeing it in anyone else.

So, yeah! Talk about it. What sounds like fun for you might actually be fun for everyone, but I see a possible road towards character abuse here - your character might go from being the peaceful sort that most folks can respect to the bullet-sponge meat-shield PCs hide behind when the lasers and spells start flying. While it might sound neat in the beginning, I think it's a rare party of players that would not work a character concept like yours to their advantage. And that's when your fun might be endangered. (Party: "Hey, Draco! Get your butt up there and tank that Splugorth!" Draco: "Uh, but I don't want my character to die.") Be careful, Draco. =)

Dano Dano Dang it. I really wanted Gradicus and Trent to have a decent chat before we set down, but it looks like that is not to be... Now we're headed into the action and it's clearly a bad time to not be on yellow alert. Are you cool with our characters having that chat? If so, how do we go about it? Sherwood? Do you have any ideas?

If you guys want to do a spoiler or a 'Earlier in the Day' thing, then you can have the conversations between you without a problem.

Sherwood Sherwood Copy and thanks.

Dano? That all right by you or do you have something else in mind?

At the moment, I'm too tanked to post in my own games or anyone else's. I need to go back to bed. But tomorrow is another day! Move the story ahead; like Pips, don't let me hold anyone up. I'll post when able. Have a good night, everyone! =)

Purr Purr I'd rather not skip something like this. If you want to do an 'earlier in the day' spoiler we can. Or we leave it as is and try to find time to talk when we aren't running for our lives.... lol

dann. the best part of the game that it would be accurring in is that we meet irl and play plus we are all freinds so we usually always have fun. i hope everyone has had a great thanks giving.

Question to the vehicle owners in the group - does someone have enough space to store my motorcycle away until I need it? Completely forgot that I have one... and I'd rather spend travel time alongside the other characters instead of riding away on my own.

as dano said we both have room, as for accessibility im not sure, all i wuld have to do is open the back of my trailer and you could probably drive it out. i have no idea about how the betty's storage area is located or accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back