• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I was somewhat joking at the earlier comment about being an Atlantian, but the more I think about it, it might be a interesting idea, especially if epiphany plays a Blind Warrior Women. We could all have some kind of link to Atlantis, as either a Atlantian or some race that was a slave of the Splurgoth. It could be the reason we are all going back; we have personal knowledge of the tyranny of the Splurgoth.

What does everyone think about that?

And you run into a crazy old preacher along the way whom decides to join you as you root out this "evil"? Lol

First of all:
hqdefault.jpg

I meant to say this earlier, but somehow I forgot. Heya Psychie! Heya Pips! Nice to meet you, Orikanyo and Dano!

Always a pleasure, Dannigan. :)

Pips, perhaps you and Sherwood can come to a compromise regarding your character's race? if you were to play the blind Warrior woman, for example, would it be possible to just take the bare minimums of the elements that make that race what it is?
And finally, after a bit of pondering, I guess I can allow said compromise for Epiphany Epiphany . If you want to play a Altarian, use their stats and racial powers but you don't have their gear and skills; those will be replaced by the Mystic Warrior OCC. Fair enough?

Dannigan, great suggestion, thanks for making it. Second of all, appreciate the option and the willingness, Sherwood!

To be clear, mechanically I'd be using the Altarian statblock for Attributes and Natural Abilities (and Penalties). Otherwise, everything else is Mystic Knight (like HP/SDC, Skills, Gear, etc.). Altarians and Mystic Knights both have minor psychic powers with a little overlap; if you're fine, I'll just use the Mystic Knight's set (and round off what she doesn't have that other Altarians would have with levels). Nifty!

I did look at a bunch of other D-Bees but ultimately I liked the idea of a link to Atlantis. Which I could do with an Atlantian I suppose but since we have someone playing one, I'd rather leave that niche to them and there's some really interesting (to me) internal story/drama to be had with playing someone who's lived their whole life in North America facing the prospect of going 'home' where the whole rest of her race is, while grappling with that society seeing Altarians as slaves vs. how that society perceives Atlantians. And coming from a White Rose Mystic Knight background, with their history of good arising from evil, there's some really neat symmetry and they've always looked like a fun OOC to play that I've never gotten around to.

Or I may be overthinking it, what can I say, I just enjoy the 'role' in the roleplay as much (or more) than the rolling. ;)

Interesting. I would not be against that. I would have to make a few changes to Dano's sheet, but it would be for the better of the character, not worse. I want to make sure that everyone would be ok with this.

I was somewhat joking at the earlier comment about being an Atlantian, but the more I think about it, it might be a interesting idea, especially if epiphany plays a Blind Warrior Women. We could all have some kind of link to Atlantis, as either a Atlantian or some race that was a slave of the Splurgoth. It could be the reason we are all going back; we have personal knowledge of the tyranny of the Splurgoth.

What does everyone think about that?

I'm not against it. I'm just still having a crazy time nailing down an Atlantean character concept. =)

And you run into a crazy old preacher along the way whom decides to join you as you root out this "evil"? Lol

Dano, I can't wait to run into your character. Preacher: "Jesus saves!" Atlanteans: "Whom?" Heh! =)

Dannigan, great suggestion, thanks for making it.

Sure! Glad to be of help. =)

Or I may be overthinking it, what can I say, I just enjoy the 'role' in the roleplay as much (or more) than the rolling. ;)

That, I think, is the very essence of roleplaying. =)

Interesting. I would not be against that. I would have to make a few changes to Dano's sheet, but it would be for the better of the character, not worse. I want to make sure that everyone would be ok with this.

I got lost somewhere. (ADHD strikes again!) Change to Dano's sheet? What change is being made to his preacher if the rest of us choose to become Altanteans or Blind Warrior Women?

Plus, what does Dano think? (I didn't see his alert for a vote in there.) =)

Dano Dano it sounds like you would be an Atlantian too. What do you say? You could be preaching about the good old days back before the isle was taken over.

Oh. Why couldn't Dano's preacher be a captured human slave who survived on faith?

Dano Dano Do you want to continue to be a human, an escaped slave from the monsters of Atlantis, looking to help rescue more true believers? That can be a good hook for why you are going on this trip.

Dano Dano Do you want to continue to be a human, an escaped slave from the monsters of Atlantis, looking to help rescue more true believers? That can be a good hook for why you are going on this trip.
Makes sense to me... although I'm not sure how I would react to the anti-monster... lol

What if they started the game already knowing one another?

Another good idea. The two of you are in the run together from the slave pits.

A fire and brimstone preacher and an anti-monster... this sounds like the start of a bad joke....but somehow I'm getting flashbacks to the movie 'Solo'....

I'll go ahead and post a quick house rule for our Undead Slayer Purr Purr Since you are supposed to be able to add more Tattoos as you level up, I don't want to handcuff your character if you are stuck somewhere and are unable to get away for long enough to find someone capable of applying a new set to you. So, what we'll do is say you already have many more tats than on your sheet that are dormant, and as you gain in strength, they activate and become useable. That way you can level up normally.

That is a convenient solution for all involved; the alternative being we spend our gaming time chasing down people who can apply them just for the sake of my character's benefit... *barf* =)

I'll go ahead and post a quick house rule for our Undead Slayer Purr Purr Since you are supposed to be able to add more Tattoos as you level up, I don't want to handcuff your character if you are stuck somewhere and are unable to get away for long enough to find someone capable of applying a new set to you. So, what we'll do is say you already have many more tats than on your sheet that are dormant, and as you gain in strength, they activate and become useable. That way you can level up normally.

Maybe my character could imprint a "tattoo" to Purr Purr that would provide him with some "divine strength"?

Sherwood Sherwood What are your thoughts concerning martial art systems? I am trying to work up an Atlantean character concept and knowing would help.

Dano, that is a kind offer, but I think I like Sherwood's solution. For what would happen if you decided to change characters?

That's one yes vote, and since Psy suggested it, that makes two. What about Orikanyo Orikanyo and Purr Purr ?
I'm playing an anti monster whos face would make children and their mother's cry.

I don't really care as long as things are made interesting, and in truth, not sure i'm keen of slave stories but if it's a good way to work him into setting...

Never been fond of the "once a slave" thing, always seems to hamfisted and easy of a route to pull but thats just me.

Well, what about if they both had friends they tried to save? They failed and their friends became slaves? The preacher and Anti-monster, at the very least, wish to discover their fate?

That way, your characters never know the lash of a whip and have whatever background Sherwood approves?

remind me why they must be tied together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back