• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I can see Terra's place being a combination of brew house and sushi bar, given the input of Snowfall and his Chinese influence.

Oh! And concerning "Terra's" (bar), I have yet to make use of Snowfall's Cooking and Brewing Skills? Both he and I are wondering if, back when the bar was being put together, might Psychie Psychie have minded his offering of those skills? He may be Japanese, but Snowfall has been all over this Megaverse (GM discretion). I can only imagine what he might be able to put on the menu! Especially if "Terra's" was to, ahem, stand out a little from the other bars in Eris Nova? Just putting it out there! =)
lol I had no idea that I was opening up such a can of worms for you by calling Inari female. I don't even remember why did that; I guess it just seemed to be a female-sounding name to me.
That does sound cool. If Snowfall doesn't want to do all the prep work himself, I'm sure that the foxiest of Inari's messengers can help us hire and train the right sushi masters to make this place rock!

lol I had no idea that I was opening up such a can of worms for you by calling Inari female. I don't even remember why did that; I guess it just seemed to be a female-sounding name to me.
Oh, it's perfectly fine, bud! You know me. A brain like mine is often filled with energy and I like having a positive place to put it - why not there? I had a good time with it! =)

I can see Terra's place being a combination of brew house and sushi bar, given the input of Snowfall and his Chinese influence.
If you don't mind the correction? =) Sushi is Japanese. Not Chinese. That's dim sum! And properly made dim sum? Oh, it rocks the house! I'll take properly-made sushi or dim sum any day of the week! Heh heh! =)

That does sound cool. If Snowfall doesn't want to do all the prep work himself, I'm sure that the foxiest of Inari's messengers can help us hire and train the right sushi masters to make this place rock!
If sushi is indeed what Terra would want? Sushi is just seaweed, rice, and whatever you like inside of it (always fresh. Always. Walk into a sushi bar, stand at the bar, and inhale. If you can smell the fish? Leave. I'm not kidding.).

As for Terra's, though! Ahh... While Snowy is definitely influenced by Asian culture (especially Chinese and Japanese, but he's no stranger to Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, etc.!), he has spent 7 centuries as... basically a message-delivering tourist! Inari says, "Please deliver this message here for their eyes only." Snowfall bows, "As you wish." And then he's off to Inari-knows-where! Or maybe he's delivered for other Japanese gods and people in Inari's name or in demonstration of what it is to be favored by her? Wherever Snowfall goes, he feels he is an ambassador of Inari and a protector of Japan.

In my head, Snowy has a huge love of culture! Inside, Mr. Hyper Fuzzy is exploding with the notion that three Greek Gods are about to whisk Terra's Terminators away to meet a fourth (Hephaestus). While we really haven't roleplayed his love of cuisine and culture (and really, how many nom-stop should we making in a cursed magical pyramid, Mechanoid battlefield, burned farm, monster lair, or secret Lone Star complex, right?), he's quite the lover of traveling and exploring!

Add to that his love of cuisine and Terra might have her pick of all sorts of great food and brew anywhere in the Megaverse that Sherwood says "yes" to! Think about it! What do Cosmo-Knights order when they go to the bar? How about the Wolfen in Palladium Fantasy when they brew at home? Do Rifts Australian noms and brews hold up well against Rifts Germany? How about England? Can we throw Boston in there or any other place you can think of?

That's what might be served at "Terra's" and what I'm offering for Snowfall to teach the staff how to produce. Even the microbrewery(ies) she's mentioned might have origins in places even Atlanteans in Eris Nova would be blown away to try! Let's see another bar, even here in Draco Amicus territory, beat that! I say, if you're going to own a bar, let it be bad-ass! =)

P.S. As always, these are just my thoughts. Most of all, I want you to do what you desire! =)

I, being an ignorant American, did not know that sushi was Japanese while dim sum was Chinese. But the original idea of the place having the Asian flair sounds fun to me. Yes. Lets make it happen like that.

Sushi and dim sum are delightful! Get out there and try sum! (See what I did there?) =)

Rykon Rykon Could Snowfall get these five spells from Zeph? Which spells would Zeph like from Snowfall?

Level Three: Fingers of the Wind
Level Six: Magic Pigeon
Level Seven: Invisibility (Superior)
Level Eight: Luck Curse
Level Eight: Power Weapon

Psychie Psychie Would Terra like Speed of the Snail from Snowfall? If we have two or more casters who can throw that on a big team of bad guys, that's going to be a lot of bad guys shaking their fists at us... in slow motion. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Re: The Elemental Runes we have.

1. Must the weapon be magical to use a Rune?
2. Could Snowfall mount the Medium Acid Rune he's got onto his TW Chainsaw?
3. How about his Medium Lightning Rune to Fragarach?

EDIT: Would you mind including the answers to these question in your Lore section with the Runes, please?

That'll look even more impressive while a hyperactive Crazy jumps around, so I'd approve of that plan.

Eron has always had an adventurous sense of style! =)

Style is part of his job description. I mean, he could've been a simple soldier, but why would you do that?

Sherwood Sherwood Re: The Elemental Runes we have.

1. Must the weapon be magical to use a Rune?
2. Could Snowfall mount the Medium Acid Rune he's got onto his TW Chainsaw?
3. How about his Medium Lightning Rune to Fragarach?

EDIT: Would you mind including the answers to these question in your Lore section with the Runes, please?
1. the weapon does have to be either a TW weapon or otherwise a magic weapon of some kind. Simple weapons like vibroblades or SDC weapons of a non-magical nature will not work.
2. As long as it is not a ranged weapon and has some kind of magic base to them, yes you can.
3. Yes, that will work.

I'll update the post in the Lore section with the stones now.

Last edited:
Purr Purr Silanon Silanon Rykon Rykon Psychie Psychie

I am wanting to make sure that everyone is ready to move forward before I do any more IC posts to advance the story. How is everyone's character coming along for the level boost and spell swapping? Do anyone have any questions that need to be answered? Comments or concerns?

Psychie Psychie Would Terra like Speed of the Snail from Snowfall? If we have two or more casters who can throw that on a big team of bad guys, that's going to be a lot of bad guys shaking their fists at us... in slow motion. =)
I'll happily take it. I have a feeling that it will come in handy in our future.

I am wanting to make sure that everyone is ready to move forward before I do any more IC posts to advance the story. How is everyone's character coming along for the level boost and spell swapping? Do anyone have any questions that need to be answered? Comments or concerns?
Just getting my spell list finalized, but I'm ready to go anytime.

I'll happily take it. I have a feeling that it will come in handy in our future.
Hooray! Enjoy! =)

I'm still plugging away; my data is complete, I just have to enter it.

All my questions are answered at the moment (I just came up with more!). What are the circumstances around Zeph returning to Terra's Terminators? How'd he get here in Eris Nova (or are we meeting him wherever we're going? That is, before we are whisked off by three Greek gods who need us elsewhere?

I don't want to RP that old trope where "Oh, he's been with us the whole time, see, just in the background, yuh know!" No thanks. We've got to be able to do better than that. But what?

Update! Spells and Runes have been added. As far as Character leveling is concerned, Snowfall's ready to go! =)

All my questions are answered at the moment (I just came up with more!). What are the circumstances around Zeph returning to Terra's Terminators? How'd he get here in Eris Nova (or are we meeting him wherever we're going? That is, before we are whisked off by three Greek gods who need us elsewhere?
My original thought was that Zephiron would have arrived on Eris Nova with Lord Brazamal about a month ago, giving you all the needed time to be able to swap spells back and forth, before the elder dragon had to return to Dweomer for his responsibilities there. At this point, he was running a little late to the party when the three gods revealed themselves to Snowfall, Eron, Morrolan and Terra, and he can now come running up and is seen by the others.

Obviously, at this point you then bring Zephiron up to speed on what the plan is, and the five of you can all set out together.

Works for me. Didn't touch the next level yet, that's too much of a bother on a phone. The plan is to get to that this weekend - I'll be back at home late on Thursday, so that's kind of when things go back to normal.

I'm in a similar boat to Sil timeline-wise, this week is a bit busy for me. I'm gonna try to make time to catch up on a bunch of reading and number crunching here soon.

Just to give you guys a bit of advance notice, the next step of the adventure will be you getting some goodies from the gods as an advanced payment to help you live through your quest. You will be given the choice of either a rune shield or a suit of armor that will be forged for you by Hephaestus, so it will be more than a simple suit or shield. Once everyone has gotten caught up and we have an IC post from Rykon Rykon to get Zeph into the game, we'll move on and you can get your stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back