• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There was not, I believe - but it's the assumption at this point, given that it'd fit in very well with the coalition's goals. But since Lone Star is where we're headed, we'll probably find hard proof there - or see that it's different from what we suspect.

I am following a hunch here. We are looking for some kind of 'bio-weapon', and the Aishwarra eats magic users. What a perfect thing for them to turn to, right? I could be wrong, but I am thinking that this is connected.

I am following a hunch here. We are looking for some kind of 'bio-weapon', and the Aishwarra eats magic users. What a perfect thing for them to turn to, right? I could be wrong, but I am thinking that this is connected.
There is still the issue of your trip to the Lone Star complex to complete, and if this Aishwarra is what you think it is, it might be the Omega Project that the Coalition is working on. What better weapon to use against its hated enemies of the magically powerful DBees and mages of the world? If so, this is a real threat to the safety of the world and not just the magic using individuals of the land.
Not me, good lady. In my experience? When GMs say things like this? I strongly believe it is the GM informing us we know something in-character (usually as an effort to drive the story forward in a direction the GM kind of needs us to go in and there's nothing wrong with that). If Sherwood says we made some connection we didn't make ourselves, our Characters still made the connection.

So, at least for this PC, it's "boom-done" and Game On! =)

Well, dang - first I didn't have much to say, and then I kinda lost track of the rp - and suddenly, it's been a month since my last post. Crap, thanks for the tag - I'll see if I can get into the right mindset.

Sure, Sil! I'm looking forward to what you post next with Eron. =)

Did I forget to give you guys some xp for taking down the Aishwarra? I'm looking back over my posts and I don't see any points given out for your win.

So lets fix this! Everyone gets an additional 5,000 xp. Check your various xp charts to see if any of you level up, and if so, make sure you apply your bonuses to your sheets before you move out.

Purr Purr Silanon Silanon Psychie Psychie

Thanks! That's enough to pull Snowfall up to 8th level! Hooraaay! =)

How about you, Psychie and Sil?

Will do! I have to take care of Sil's new Character in Sharseya, then I'll get to this and keep everyone here in the loop (along with other improvements like Tattoo choice, Skill, etc.).

I forget why, but I was looking forward to 8th level with Snowfall. Guess I'll find out when I'm leveling him (probably later today)! =)

Yeah!

(I just looked up "smile fox" on GIF and this came up. Cute!)

good day love GIF

I do not level up until I hit 75,201 for 9th. But I'm now closer.
Wow. Snowfall needs 10,000 xp on top of that to get to the same level, but you know what? It's a small price to pay to play... The Foxiest Messenger of Prince Inari! 8D

fox GIF

Wheeeee!

It is lucky for you guys that Terra had the presence of mind to have the Techno Wizard upgrades of the sound suppression and the chameleon cloaking systems, because it has allowed you to be able to slow down and have a couple of different Coalition patrols pass you by without incident and not get spotted.
Hooray for our Psychie! She saaaved us from being spotted by da bad guys! =)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? I think I've run into a few snags with Snowfall's Character Sheet. Got your GM cap for Rifts on?

First, the easy stuff:
Dice rolls required
+1D6 M.D. for reaching 8th Level
+1d6 to Chi/I.S.P.

* * *​

Second, if memory serves, you allowed the replacing of a Tattoo when one levels? If so, I'd like to replace Dimensional Portal (Crossing Ley Lines with an Open Rift) with Dimensional Teleport (Silhouettes of People Inside an Opened Rift), please?

* * *​

Third... ack! I think I've screwed up Snowfall's Skills. As in my own games, I thought we added one "Other" Skill every level (and purchase Skills at Dweomer when able). I went looking at your Character page and lo and behold, that rule is not there.

Skills learned after 1st level
2nd level - Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: 76% (+5%)
3rd level - Mythology: 76% (+5%)
4th level - Running
5th level - Boxing
6th level - Swapped for Negate Magic Tattoo per Sherwood.
7th level - Computer Operation: 56% (+5%) (Swapped from Create Magic Items per Sherwood)
7th level (purchased Skill from Dweomer #1) - Computer Programming: 46% (+5%)
7th level (purchased Skill from Dweomer #2) - Computer Hacking: 36% (+5%)
8th level -

So for Skills post-1st level, what's the reality here as far as the books are concerned? Rather slim.

The Tattooed Voyager gets One Additional "O.C.C. Related" Skill at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12. No additional Secondary Skills after 1st level.
The Fox-Spirit gets one additional Secondary Skill at 8th level and another way out at 15th level. No "Other" Skills (that's part of the R.C.C.).

3rd Level (Tattooed Voyager) - Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: 81% (+5%)
6th Level (Tattooed Voyager) - Mythology: 81% (+5%)
7th Level (purchased from Dweomer #1) - Running
7th Level (purchased from Dweomer #2) - Boxing
8th Level (Kitsune) - Swapped for Negate Magic Tattoo per Sherwood.

Your thoughts? Is there something I'm missing? It looks to me that I'm going to be axing all the computer skills (not that I mind doing it; fair is fair). Plus, axing the computer skills evens it out nicely (5 Skills total). He could then give his super-codebreaker to someone like Eron or Terra?
New "good" Netrunning cyberdeck (+20% to Computer Skills, acts as Codebreaker, wireless range of 25 meters, shielded against EMP and fully encrypted).

* * *​

Oh. One more. Fox Spirit R.C.C. starts out with 3 Attacks per Round at 1st level, but Tai Chi Ch'uan starts with 2. Which should I be using, please?

Last edited:
First, the easy stuff:
Dice rolls required
+1D6 M.D. for reaching 8th Level
+1d6 to Chi/I.S.P.
I got a 4 for your MDC, and 3 for your Chi/ISP. Now let's roll up the sleeves and get some storytelling work done! Bring on the questions!
Second, if memory serves, you allowed the replacing of a Tattoo when one levels? If so, I'd like to replace Dimensional Portal (Crossing Ley Lines with an Open Rift) with Dimensional Teleport (Silhouettes of People Inside an Opened Rift), please?
The Dimensional Portal tat has not come into play so far, so I don't see an issue with you swapping out the one and picking up Dimensional Teleport.
Third... ack! I think I've screwed up Snowfall's Skills. As in my own games, I thought we added one "Other" Skill every level (and purchase Skills at Dweomer when able). I went looking at your Character page and lo and behold, that rule is not there.
The house rule of getting a new skill each level is one that I did not pull into this from the start. I had not noticed that on your character sheet, so I have to thank you for being honest and bringing it up yourself - even if it makes you lose skills. Kudos to you, my friend.

In order to keep things fair, I will either have to give everyone a skill per level and replace their current skill progression, or on the other hand have you dump those computer skills you were talking about. Hmm. I like the one-per-level house rule that has been used in not only your game, but in Psychie's games, too. I probably would have gone with that house rule from the beginning if I had thought of it waaay back then when I first rolled this game out, so let's go with it.

Silanon Silanon and Psychie Psychie The two of you will probably get another skill or two that you can pick for your characters. Check it out and let me know what you go with.
Oh. One more. Fox Spirit R.C.C. starts out with 3 Attacks per Round at 1st level, but Tai Chi Ch'uan starts with 2. Which should I be using, please?
Go with the Tai Chi 2 attacks per round starting out, please.

Ok! Any other questions from anyone?

Sherwood Sherwood
The Dimensional Portal tat has not come into play so far, so I don't see an issue with you swapping out the one and picking up Dimensional Teleport.
Thanks. Now that Snowfall is 8th level, I think Teleport is a better choice than Portal (the big factor being the weight limit Snowfall can take with him - basically, everyone except Terra's kids and the Badger with its personnel). We have to find a way to shrink the kids (or make them much, much lighter). Party goal! =)

I had not noticed that on your character sheet, so I have to thank you for being honest and bringing it up yourself - even if it makes you lose skills. Kudos to you, my friend.
Integrity is part of my life; I don't think I can live any other way really. =)

Hmm. I like the one-per-level house rule that has been used in not only your game, but in Psychie's games, too. I probably would have gone with that house rule from the beginning if I had thought of it waaay back then when I first rolled this game out, so let's go with it.
Terrific! =)

I have another question - I think I'm branching Snowfall out in too many directions. Sure, the party could use a "netrunner" and a Glitter Boy pilot since Daisy's Player isn't with us, but I think I'm moving Snowfall in a direction I don't think I meant for him to go in. I really ought to keep him magically-oriented. What if we get a Player sometime who looks at Snowfall and thinks, "Where the heck am I supposed to fit?"

In that spirit, Sherwood, would you mind if I swapped out the computer-based Skills for something (almost anything) else that's closer to Snowfall's persona?

Also, in the past, you've let us swap out Skills for Tattoos; does that mean Terra and Snowfall can do this now before we get deeper into the story?

What about Eron? Can Sil swap out Skills for him with something else?

Go with the Tai Chi 2 attacks per round starting out, please.
Of course! Whatever fits your game best.

If I'm not mistaken, Eron's getting 8th level with that additional xp - which means, amongst other things, a new insanity. Which means a lot of thinking on my end, probably. I'll see if I can get to it one of these next few days!

If I'm not mistaken, Eron's getting 8th level with that additional xp - which means, amongst other things, a new insanity. Which means a lot of thinking on my end, probably. I'll see if I can get to it one of these next few days!
Oh boy! What could be next? =)

Next up is a phobia, I believe - gotta find something that shows up, but doesn't screw up the entire group. I'll have a look what's possible there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back