• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I have another question - I think I'm branching Snowfall out in too many directions. Sure, the party could use a "netrunner" and a Glitter Boy pilot since Daisy's Player isn't with us, but I think I'm moving Snowfall in a direction I don't think I meant for him to go in. I really ought to keep him magically-oriented. What if we get a Player sometime who looks at Snowfall and thinks, "Where the heck am I supposed to fit?"

In that spirit, Sherwood, would you mind if I swapped out the computer-based Skills for something (almost anything) else that's closer to Snowfall's persona?

Also, in the past, you've let us swap out Skills for Tattoos; does that mean Terra and Snowfall can do this now before we get deeper into the story?

What about Eron? Can Sil swap out Skills for him with something else?
I have no objections to you making some changes to your skill list.

As far as getting more mystic tattoos, Snowfall can do so, but this is where Terra has a problem. The max tattoos you can have before you are considered a Tattooed Warrior with the bonus of being an MDC being is six, and she already has all of them. If she were to get any more, it would boost her power level quite a bit, and as it stands she is already a tough opponent with her Automations. That is the biggest reason why I came up with this current adventure run in order to throw her into the mix without her extra toys. The only way that Terra could get more tats is if she were to take a sizeable amount of downtime and basically shift her character class to a Tattooed Warrior of some kind (with the associated xp chart), and she would then lose the ability to get any new Automations, and you may even lose the ones you have now; something that cannot be done in this current story arc.

Psychie Psychie IF you are truly interested in getting more tattoos, with all the benefits and limitations of them, you do have the Chaing-ku dragon that you saved that has the ability to add more to her. It would entail some serious discussions with Psychie to see if she would even want to do this.

Finally for Silanon, if you want to swap around a few skills with your level up, you can.

I had not considered the option of changing my character class, but now the idea is in my head, I can't shake it. If I were to do this, would I be able to keep at least one of my Automations? I would pick the Battlelord one over the Earth Thunderer if I had a choice. My only concern is that right now, Terra is a real tough customer, and adding the extra tattoos would make her even tougher. I don't want to overbalance the game.

As far as the new skill rule, I do get to add a one. I'll have to see what I'll get.

As I said, Terra may lose her ability to operate the Automations completely. As it is, she's tougher than her Earth Thunderer one, and if we turn her into an MDC being naturally with the extra tattoos, that power boost would be even greater.

I would say yes. The only change might be the reduction/elimination of your Automation control ability.

Also, if you do this, you would be able to retrain the skill-slots that you spent to boost your Automation control range for another skill or tattoo. I wouldn't want to screw you over and have you lose those slots.

I'll have to think about this, with plenty more questions coming up. I like the idea of adding more tattoos, but I also like the Automations. Lots to think about.

Not like we're in a rush right now - don't think a "long downtime" will come anytime soon, realtime-wise. We have a mission, after all. We probably don't have anyone aboard who can fix Eron's armor, do we?

The npc driver, Eric Foss, has some armorer skills, so you can get it patched up by him.

That'd be nice - I foolishly didn't use the Glitterboy armor in the last fight, so Eron's old armor suit is in single-digit territory if I'm not mistaken. I mean, he's an mdc being, but I might want to have a bit more protection than that.

Do we have a second driver so that he can get it done on the way?

If you want him to work on your armor, you can have someone else drive for the short time he'd need to work on it. Or, you can take some time before you leave the Badger to go inside the Coalition base.

That'd be nice - I foolishly didn't use the Glitterboy armor in the last fight, so Eron's old armor suit is in single-digit territory if I'm not mistaken. I mean, he's an mdc being, but I might want to have a bit more protection than that.
Its not like we had any issues taking down the Aishwarra. We are total badasses!

Indeed we are! The coalition's going to need a brilliant gm to even stand a chance... oh crap, we have Sherwood...

Thank you, Sherwood!

Well, he's not wrong! =)

Sherwood Sherwood I just realized. I don't know the answer to this - are you allowing second martial art systems?
Yes. It will take you putting several skills towards it, though. Probably 3 or 4 in order to get a second style.

Very cool! Next time I have Ninjas and Superspies in front of me, have to sit down and look at the details.

What I've got in my head is this (just me thinking out loud and sharing. Feel free to comment.
Snowfall is very proud to be Japanese. When I first created him, he was lousy in Japanese martial arts (he had the wrong mentality toward the discipline Japanese systems often demand). Now that he's 8th level, I have to ask myself, "has that changed since he has adventured with Terra's Terminators?"

Let's see. What systems would be exciting for him?

Zanji Shinjinken Ryy it's a terrific Japanese sword-fighting system, but it I have had so many Characters who have used it, I don't think I want it for Snowfall. Besides he's not really a samurai. Worse still, I can't think of a realistic alternative.

Hey! Snowfall would make a really fun ninja, wouldn't he? But I feel choosing the Ninjutsu system outside of a Ninjas and Superspies game is kind of a waste of skills. Sure you get lots of Weapon Proficiencies, but the without the Martial Art Powers and added skills, he might be better off just choosing those individual skills if he wants to be ninja-like. And, probably most importantly, he does not have a heart of an assassin.

Maybe it is time the finally create that Western fencing Martial Art system I've wanted to create over the years? I do think Snowfall has the heart of a swashbuckler (I am reminded of Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler from the X-Men).

But creating doesn't mean that it'll be welcomed here. Time to ask Sherwood!

Hey, Sherwood Sherwood ? If I wrote up a western fencing martial arts system, would you consider it for play here? I know you guys like the Jeet Kune Do 2.0 that I wrote up.

Its not like we had any issues taking down the Aishwarra. We are total badasses!
I don't think the Aishwarra disagrees! =)

Last edited:
I'll have to think about this, with plenty more questions coming up. I like the idea of adding more tattoos, but I also like the Automations. Lots to think about.
Psychie Psychie One of the reasons I've kept Snowfall's Dimensional Portal tattoo around so long is because of Terra's boys. The Dimensional Portal tattoo serves well if we want to go cross-country from a ley line nexus or pyramid, but it's not big enough for the Badger and crew.

If I had to use either Dimensional Portal or Dimensional Teleport, the automatons would be left behind because of their sheer weight unless we found some way to reduce the weight (extra-dimensional pockets like bags of holding?). Dimensional Teleport, now that Snowfall is 8th level now, is strong enough I think to take our current party and gear to safety.

Also, having played Gradicus, if you have any questions about what it was like to play a Tattooed Undead Slayer, let me know?

Sherwood Sherwood When you say "tattooed warrior," is that what you're referring to? Terra becoming an Undead Slayer?

Sherwood Sherwood When you say "tattooed warrior," is that what you're referring to? Terra becoming an Undead Slayer?
Basically, yes. There are other types of Tattooed Warrior OCCs, but that is probably what we will be dealing with if she makes the change.

Sherwood Sherwood ? If I wrote up a western fencing martial arts system, would you consider it for play here? I know you guys like the Jeet Kune Do 2.0 that I wrote up.
A simple way to 'make' a new, western art like that is to take Zanji Shinjinkin Ryu and just edit the wording to say it is a western style instead of the eastern one. But if you wish to give a go of making up one from scratch, be my guest.

Basically, yes. There are other types of Tattooed Warrior OCCs, but that is probably what we will be dealing with if she makes the change.
Man, what a decision to make! Either be a one-woman wrecking crew (depending on the tattoos chosen; to this day, I adore Gradicus's Smoochie!) or continue to be the ring-leader of the terrific "I'm With Stupid" demolition team! Either way, we as PCs win out, for Psychie gets to play something she really wants to play! What could be better?

Psychie Psychie If I may, I honestly hope you play what your heart desires most and leave the game balance and mechanics to Sherwood's trustworthy skills. As with Eron (almost wrote "Eros!" Ooh baby! Ha ha!) and Snowfall, Sherwood will guide us (like when I asked if Snowfall should be using the Fox Spirit R.C.C. or Tai Chi for Attacks per Round). Being a good and decent GM yourself, Psychie, you're doing the same for us when you're in the GM seat. Still, what tickles the "Cookie Monster in you?"

"To thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare.

A simple way to 'make' a new, western art like that is to take Zanji Shinjinkin Ryu and just edit the wording to say it is a western style instead of the eastern one. But if you wish to give a go of making up one from scratch, be my guest.
And speaking of being true, congratulations, dear Sherwood! You have just provided me the motivation to draw up Western Fencing (maybe based on HEMA fencing rules)! While the lifelong RPer in me thinks the idea of just name-swapping for Zanji is both lazy and really neat, the lifelong martial artist in me cringes at the very thought (of being untrue to both Western fencing and Zanji Shinjinken Ryu). I just can't bring myself to take this easy road when instead I can create something new and maybe lasting. The greater the challenge, the bigger the rewards, I suppose?

I'll restart my research for Western fencing and add it in Robotech: Broadsword for use there. If you like it, as with Jeet Kune Do 2.0, please give me credit here, and we'll add some panache to my favorite Rifts PC - Smoochie (that was a joke!), er, Snowfall! Hee hee! =)

And speaking of being true, congratulations, dear Sherwood! You have just provided me the motivation to draw up Western Fencing (maybe based on HEMA fencing rules)! While the lifelong RPer in me thinks the idea of just name-swapping for Zanji is both lazy and really neat, the lifelong martial artist in me cringes at the very thought (of being untrue to both Western fencing and Zanji Shinjinken Ryu). I just can't bring myself to take this easy road when instead I can create something new and maybe lasting. The greater the challenge, the bigger the rewards, I suppose?

I'll restart my research for Western fencing and add it in Robotech: Broadsword for use there. If you like it, as with Jeet Kune Do 2.0, please give me credit here, and we'll add some panache to my favorite Rifts PC - Smoochie (that was a joke!), er, Snowfall! Hee hee! =)
Oh, dear. I've created a monster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back