• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood I remember the general outline you provided before for Snowfall, but I would like to make a Lore: Demons & Monsters (91%) check to see what Snowfall specifically knows (does he know what Terra knows about the Vampire Intelligences, etc.), please?

Snowfall rolled much better than Terra, so you also know that each Vampire Intelligence is able to create a master vampire, a being bent on making more vampires to anchor the Intelligence in this dimension. Also, the Intelligence has the same resistances to damage as a normal vampire and the same weaknesses, too. You can literally drop a nuke on one and it would shake it off with a minor tan to it, but a squirt gun of plain water can burn it.

Another thing that Snowfall would know is that the Intelligence is capable of jumping back to its home dimension if it is in true danger of getting killed, making it that much harder to take one out.

How are there poison resistances by chance? Maybe not damaging types, but perhaps paralytic ones.

I had assumed as much. That's a shame. They are one of few opponents I could think of that I can rely on not wearing air filtration systems.

Zephiron readies himself to take on any passengers before casting any spells or powers he needs to stay inconspicuous and keep eyes on the werecats.

Using the spell Invisibility: Simple, and the Enhanced Perception power prior to take off in order to follow along without drawing a lot of attention.

Rykon Rykon Heya Rykon! What specifically does Enhanced Perception do, please?

It is a psi power, added in one of the issues of the Rifter. Here is its full description:

Range: Self.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 10
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks.

Purr Purr Just a quick note: all of the added psi powers are listed in the Lore tab with the full descriptions if you are ever curious to see them.

Sherwood Sherwood Thanks, bud! I think I remember when you first added that information, but since I don't play a psychic, I forgot it was there. I appreciate the heads-up! =)

Sherwood Sherwood
Heading out after the four werejaguars, I am guessing that Daisy will be riding/carried by Zeph, and Terra and Snowfall will be flying on their own?

Snowfall would like to transform to Fox form and ride on Terra's shoulders, but I'm the kind of player who tries to remember to ask before he just plops his character down on the shoulder of another (and so I've asked Psychie via Conversation). =)

Sherwood Sherwood

Snowfall would like to transform to Fox form and ride on Terra's shoulders, but I'm the kind of player who tries to remember to ask before he just plops his character down on the shoulder of another (and so I've asked Psychie via Conversation). =)
Thank you for your discretion in asking her first. I doubt that she will say 'no', but it is always good to ask!

Short note: I'm keeping up with reading, just didn't really get to the point of posting myself, unfortunately. I'll hopefully be able to get something out there at some point. Feel like the natural thing is actually to stay at the fortress so that it's not completely vacant, but that's not very interactive - haven't spent too much time on considering alternatives thus far, though, I'm afraid.

Take all the time you need. I have seen in other games you have posted that you have had some time issues keeping you from getting posts up, but you don't need to worry about this game here. Shaona can stick around the fortress and plumb the depths of information it has and keep watch while the others make contact with the tribe.

Thanks, folks! I'll try to get something out there over the weekend - hopefully more to come, then.

I try and keep the full write ups of spells and powers on the character sheet. Pasting them over into IC posts quickly becomes a huge hassle on a phone though.

As for landing on shoulders, Daisy was free to swat at Zephiron or speak up. I mostly just did that to make Daisy look like an "American" hero. The suddenness of it does fit with the character's childishness as well.

Sherwood Sherwood

I've been meaning to ask a communications-related series of questions involving Snowfall (but, thanks to my ADHD and recent events, I've been as distracted as a virgin at a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and if you haven't been to one, they call you a virgin). =)

1. Does Snowfall benefit from magical items while in non-human forms? I.e. Can he activate his Atlantean Communications Crystal and All-Seeing Helm in Human form and still benefit from them in Fox and Cloud form or is he just wasting P.P.E. while in those forms?

2. Who can Snowfall communicate to while in Fox Form? As an animal, I would think Daisy and Zephiron, but not Terra or Shaona?

3. I get the feeling he can only communicate with other spirits while in Cloud form? So that's Zephiron only?

4. (Not communications-related) Are you comfortable with Snowfall asking the tribe (name? Or do they just go by Jorge's Tribe or did I miss it? With the days I've been having, I wouldn't be surprised! Hah!). Let me start over. Are you comfortable with Snowfall asking the tribe if, as reward, they could use their shape-shifting magic to provide Snowfall with that fourth Chibi form he's wanted since he started in the game? I'm not looking for a form with new and unusual abilities, but rather a form that he can run around that combines some of the abilities he has as a human (opposable digits, speech) and fox form (combat abilities, animal senses, etc.). Sherwood, are you O.K. with something like that earned in-game?

Sherwood Sherwood

I've been meaning to ask a communications-related series of questions involving Snowfall (but, thanks to my ADHD and recent events, I've been as distracted as a virgin at a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and if you haven't been to one, they call you a virgin). =)

1. Does Snowfall benefit from magical items while in non-human forms? I.e. Can he activate his Atlantean Communications Crystal and All-Seeing Helm in Human form and still benefit from them in Fox and Cloud form or is he just wasting P.P.E. while in those forms?

2. Who can Snowfall communicate to while in Fox Form? As an animal, I would think Daisy and Zephiron, but not Terra or Shaona?

3. I get the feeling he can only communicate with other spirits while in Cloud form? So that's Zephiron only?

4. (Not communications-related) Are you comfortable with Snowfall asking the tribe (name? Or do they just go by Jorge's Tribe or did I miss it? With the days I've been having, I wouldn't be surprised! Hah!). Let me start over. Are you comfortable with Snowfall asking the tribe if, as reward, they could use their shape-shifting magic to provide Snowfall with that fourth Chibi form he's wanted since he started in the game? I'm not looking for a form with new and unusual abilities, but rather a form that he can run around that combines some of the abilities he has as a human (opposable digits, speech) and fox form (combat abilities, animal senses, etc.). Sherwood, are you O.K. with something like that earned in-game?
He wants to be Shippo?

2acbe6de7c0a6e86ad173350eb1a2f0e.jpg

I don't know who Shippo is. Please explain? =)

He's a young fox demon from the Inuyasha anime. I didnt watch much of it. Only an episode or two as it came on tv.

Oh! If he's a demon on TV, he is probably not a demon in the true Japanese mythological sense (those fuckers are terrifying if roleplayed right, by the way; I had a good time in a Rifts campaign I ran that involved Rifts Japan. Good times!). If this Shippo is the fun-loving sort, then he and Snowy have that in common. =)

Hmmm. Tough questions. Let me say that I will let you use the various magic items in fox form, but not in your cloud one, needing a physical body to be able to interact with the item in question.
Any telepathic or magic-based communication would work, but otherwise, you are stuck with only basic communication with Daisy. I don't see how Zeph would be able to speak fox, but if I'm missing something, let me know.
Again, I'm thinking that you would be stuck with only magic or telepathy communication except for other spirits, and once more, Zeph is out for this one.
So let me be clear on this one. You wish to add the were-jaguar form to your character sheet? Would it be just the full on jaguar, or some blending of the animal and human form?

Hmmm. Tough questions. Let me say that I will let you use the various magic items in fox form, but not in your cloud one, needing a physical body to be able to interact with the item in question.

You will let him activate them outside of human form? That's generous! Thank you. Per Mystic China, the Fox Form cannot use weapons or tools at all. Then again, if you didn't know that, I don't mind a retraction for the sake of game balance and fairness.

Any telepathic or magic-based communication would work, but otherwise, you are stuck with only basic communication with Daisy. I don't see how Zeph would be able to speak fox, but if I'm missing something, let me know.

Here's my take on it. Zeph is a dragon. Snowfall is a spirit, not an animal. His fox form is only a body. Snowfall can definitely speak with Zeph unless you say otherwise. Per Mystic China (page 54), I summarize the following: "Fox Form: Chi is concealed while in this form. +3 to Dodge. Cannot speak human tongues but can see and talk with any ghosts, demons, dragons, spirits, or other entities of Pure Chi."

In my head, Zeph isn't speaking animal; he's speaking spirit (though in my Rifts games, dragons are close enough to the animal-world and therefore can speak freely with them). Disclaimer: my point of view largely comes from the Mystic China and Rifts Japan books where matters like these are discussed more often than in their Western counterpart books. Of course, I'll respect whatever you're comfortable with.

Again, I'm thinking that you would be stuck with only magic or telepathy communication except for other spirits, and once more, Zeph is out for this one.

O.K.. Mystic China doesn't mention much about communication with anything while in his Pure Chi (Cloud) form. Thanks!

So let me be clear on this one. You wish to add the were-jaguar form to your character sheet? Would it be just the full on jaguar, or some blending of the animal and human form?

No, no, no. Not were-jaguar. Were-fox, if you will. A blending of human and fox traits (plus the cute). Basically this! =)

This with white fur and one tail unless you don't mind him having nine tails. I'll go into detail about that if you are interested. =)

And why? In part because I like a "Crinos" form (if you don't mind the Werewolf: the Apocalypse jargon); a form that can do some things as a human and some as fox, but neither quite as well as those forms in particular appeals greatly to me). It's a goal I've had for him. Also because it's so freaking cute! This is Kaerri's doing somehow (I enjoy cute things more because of her influence, so she gets all the credit for that! =)).
Cute Kitsune by Zozoark at Fur Affinity dot com.png
(Image credit: Zozoark at FurAffinity.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back