• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rykon Rykon Oh, O.K.! I think I see where you're coming from now.

Concerning the Walking Fortress, I have the Mechanoids book but I have purposely not peeked into it because I don't want to know what the fortress can do. For all I know, the darn thing can float. I'm still amazed when I see submarines and aircraft carriers and somehow they float (and one day I want to learn how they do it)!

Concerning the redirection of Ley lines, Snowfall is able to redirect an open rift on a ley-line at some cost to his magical reserves. Here are two powers from his Tattooed Dimensional Voyager O.C.C.. Feel free to check out the Tattooed Voyager tab on my character sheet if you are interested.

12. Rift Teleportation -- Take self and 20 others from a ley line nexus point to another nexus point. See page 222 of Rifts Ultimate Edition and page 176 of Secrets of the Atlanteans. Cost: 100 P.P.E. (or 50 P.P.E. and 4 P.E. points) "Two Pyramids Connected by a Rift"

13. Redirect Rift -- Temporarily subvert an existing Rift or Dimensional Portal at a stone pyramid to another dimension familiar to the Voyager. Cost: 50 P.P.E. + 1d4 P.E. points + 25 P.P.E. per additional person. "Open Rift with a Small Pyramid in the Rift"

Ok so they are specific abilities/powers that have to be chosen...

Based on some research, I could potentially acquire a few abilities here and there on Zeph but it would have to be at much higher levels.

I get the impression a large part of whether or not a character can do such things is determined by one's O.C.C...

I get the impression a large part of whether or not a character can do such things is determined by one's O.C.C...
I saw spells for interacting with rifts and ley lines in the magic section of the Rifts Ultimate book. So I'm assuming it's something a spell caster can learn to do, but not something they just inherently can do. Each of the spells was pretty high level, so it'd either require reaching a high level (for a Dragon Hatchling) or finding a teacher.

I just figure getting sent off course by others attempting to manipulate a rift might get Zeph interested in learning how to handle such things for himself.

Heya folks! It's been about a week since folks have posted (myself included). I get the feeling we're on our way to a game plan (fix the hull, march the Walking Fortress out of here), but I'm still not certain as to what's going on. What are your opinions?

I could've sworn that I replied here - obviously not. Pretty sure we all agree on the "fix the hull, then escape towards the ocean"-plan, the part after that is where I'm uncertain. As mentioned ic, I'm in favor of contacting our allied mages from a secured position so that they can open another portal to evac us. We can walk all the way instead, or decide on a nearby location that's of interest, and not too dangerous as to risk the fortress by getting there.

Hi! Want a good laugh today? O.K. Challenge! Turn this up, listen two these two laughing, and try not to bust up laughing yourself. Good luck! (The Snowfall in me made me do it!) =)

"The foxes that go HEHEHE"

Dear D. Rex, last I checked you were doing your RPing from a smartphone so I do my very best to look past typos, however this one just made me chuckle!

Hastily, between her nose and the vision blondes within the Glitterboy, she scanned the horizon from her perch.
(bold mine)

Is Daisy having a blonde moment then? Ha ha! =)

Dear D. Rex, last I checked you were doing your RPing from a smartphone so I do my very best to look past typos, however this one just made me chuckle!

(bold mine)

Is Daisy having a blonde moment then? Ha ha! =)
Well, she's actually a ginger.

But my phone phone lives its autocorrect. Even when I do spell things correctly.

But my phone phone lives its autocorrect. Even when I do spell things correctly.
(bold mine)

It most certainly does! All kidding aside, I'm glad that you're able to provide such good roleplaying from a smartphone! =)

(bold mine)

It most certainly does! All kidding aside, I'm glad that you're able to provide such good roleplaying from a smartphone! =)

It took me a great amount of practice.

I lost net and wanted to play with friends, so I figured text would do. That was back when phones had buttons and had to press it several time to get the letter you want.

Really learned how to cut the crud out of posts and how to get simple things across without being long winded about it.

Not that my writing shows that anymore. When I got a smartphone, I got lazy at how much easier it was to type, now i can be long winded again.

Basically just boils down to: take your time, cut the prose, trust the usefulness of properly executed vaguery.

You also really learn how nice some things are you took for granted before.

Like spaces between paragraphs. And breaking up large blocks of text to make them easier to digest (on smart phones even simple paragraphs look big).

And a cut and paste. I really miss having a mouse to do cut and paste.

I bet! What game are you running? Weren't you running a Star Wars game awhile ago?

Re: Star Wars. Rackelfratz. Live and learn though, right? It bites sometimes, but if you come away with some good lessons, it bites a little less and makes one grow a little more.

Re: Exalted. Cap'n has a background in Exalted. I've played Scions (via Sherwood here on RP Nation) once. I hope you all have a great time! I would inquire about joining except that my RP plate is (wonderfully) full! =)

On a d20 roll, it grants you an extra 1d6. On a d100, you still roll the d6, but each number gives you a +5 to your roll.

Sherwood Sherwood Another question, and REAL stretch.

Vampires are hurt by sunlight.
Sunlight is light that comes from the sun.
The sun is essentially a big ball of plasma.

Ergo, vampires are hurt by light generated by plasma.

In conclusion, following such logic, would a vampire shot in the face by a plasma launcher react like he just had his face grinded against the sun? And misses still melt off their faces from the plasmas radiant light?

Nice try, but no. A plasma blast does not count as sunlight as far as supernatural creatures go.

When Dragon Thunderer whines about being used as a carving knife to make all that wood ammunition, I'm going to tell him it's your fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back