• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well, that at least means that there's only one way forward for Shaona, for now. Is there anything I can say about the portals, with Lore: Magic, perhaps? Not a Rifter, but maybe there's something to note?

Daisy was gonna return the money she didnt spend for not doing 20 mil worth of work.

Hard to return the money with your boss gone.

Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. Here's where I am and where I could use some help, please. (Disclaimer: I'm tired, but I think I need to type this out before I go to bed so I can get it out of my head for a little while and sleep well. Rawrf.)

I think I need help resolving the following matters (or at least hints as to what we're supposed to be doing?):

1. Is this right? As I understand the situation, our team is now separated from Brazamal and Granthar. They disappeared through Snowfall's Rift which "fluxed" and changed destinations then closed before any of us could enter it. So... that leaves our characters at the Mechanoid's base along with all of our Dweomer and other allies including Snowfall and the Atlantean crew. Yes?

2. If the above is true, what is the state of the Mechanoid threat? I get that we are in out-of-combat time, but does that we succeeded in ending the threat or are we about to fight more Mechanoids and this is just a break before more show up? If we're done, I say we should at least look for loot.

3. Gradicus would not leave Brazamal or the team under these circumstances. I mean, who could go off and retire in comfort when someone you respected and admired just went through a Rift locked in mortal battle with an enemy they've lost before to and now they have no back-up, right? As far as Grad's concerned, Brazamal (perhaps for the first time) needs all the help he can get, especially since Granthar was (last Grad saw) so explosively-angry as to probably kill Brazamal if given the chance. And now it seems he's got the best chance ever. If this is all true, how in the heck am I supposed to retire Grad under these circumstances?

4. Snowfall has entered the game along with 6 Atlanteans (per a previous conversation between Sherwood and I, these guys and gals are from Clan Draco Amicus, right?). From the way things were explained, Snowfall's purpose was to get these 6 here. Now that they're here, now what? I take it they're here because Gradicus sent a request for help from his fellow Atlanteans. Snowfall (as per Conversation) is assisting this clan because Snowfall's boss (Inari from Japan) requested it. This same sense of duty is supposed to get Snowfall to join the PCs. But the whole reason Snowfall and the Atlanteans came here was to help against the Mechanoids. If the Mechanoids are still a threat, then what?

5. Brazamal and Granthar just vanished through a Rift none of us even got a look at - how in the Megaverse are we supposed to even start to look for Brazamal? We're on a Nexus Point, right? Doesn't that mean the Rift could literally have gone anywhere? I don't think Snowfall has any powers that can help. Does someone else?

6. Is this the part where we get xp or does that come later?

I don't mean to sound frustrated; there have been plenty of cool things happening too (Shaona making Granthar angry, Grad making Granthar angry, Snowfall's arrival, everyone in the team beating up all kinds of bad guys). I don't feel comfortable posting in-game until I understand the overall situation better. Plus, I can't be the only one with questions here.

I'm off to bed now. Have fun, folks! =)

You're cretainly not the only one with questions - just happened that before, I was in a similar position where I really needed to go to sleep myself =) Back on my feet and refreshed, now, though, so let's share a few thoughts.

1.) That is my understanding, though the Atlanteans have not really made a move yet - and I don't think Snowfall was spotted by us yet, or did I miss that?
2.) From my understanding, the main fortress still stands, though the defenses seem to be limited if Psychie can just walk throug the wall without much resistance. It is yet to be seen what shooting the conduits has accomplished, apart from, potentially, influencing the portal. I'll check that with my telemechanics once it's something that's even potentially in Shaona's mind - right now, it isn't. Also: Loot!
3.) That's a damn tough question; can't see a good solution to that right now, but I'd trust Sherwood to have something in mind. At least immediately, it does not look like Grad is supposed anywhere apart from where the team goes (which'd be Bramazal).
4.) I assume the Atlanteans will help us out when we try to storm the main fortress - which probably puts Snowfall in a position to do the same? Your worry is that the team runs off to save Bramazal, whereas Snowfall plans to stay with the Atlanteans, right? That'd be huge problem indeed. Of course, our group has its own, natural charm to get him to overthink that decision, but this would be another 'trust Sherwood' thing in my eyes right now. Or did I miss your point?
5.) Shaona has no idea about portals, at least not on a deeper level than someone who can already open them. One of the magic forms they explicitly can't learn, I believe. So our best bet would be Bramazal's mages, but the dragons could be anywhere from my understanding. Which is bad, the multiverse is pretty large, I believe...
6.) Probably after the main fortress is done? My guess is that this story arc is not quite over, and it'd be weird to suddenly pick up psionics that would've been a major help five minutes ago...

Now, apart from the confusion, let me add that I really liked this scene from Shaona's perspective. Lots of magic to do, finally an opportunity to put her psionics to good use, etc. Great scenes, too, just a tactical fail with one particular Glitter Boy because we didn't quite know what kind of battle to expect.

A few questions of my own:
a) The Atlanteans did nothing thus far, right? Like, they stepped through the portal, saw dragons roll through it, and likely scratched their heads? Or did I miss something? I'd assume that Snowfall should go first before they do anything, but I was slightly confused about their whereabouts yesterday night.
b) There was something else, I swear...

Huh, didn't realize anything was going on in this thread. Whoops.

I concur with the general sense of confusion. Given the nature of the character I'm playing, I can't say that's a complaint. So I'll just stick to what it seems like the character should be doing and trust everything thus far has a purpose unless it's decided we need to back up a little bit.

1.) That is my understanding, though the Atlanteans have not really made a move yet - and I don't think Snowfall was spotted by us yet, or did I miss that?

1. I'm not certain.

2. That makes sense. =)

3. Right! It bears repeating: "I am confused but hopeful." =)

4. Yours are thoughts I had not considered, Sil! Thanks for your perspective! My question here is linked with 3. - how am I supposed to switch characters? In Snowfall's draft, I had Snowfall delivering a message to Gradicus from his family which in turn convinces Grad that it is finally time to forgive himself his gladiatorial past and rejoin his family (effectively retiring him). Sherwood asked that I not use that because he had another way of getting Grad out and getting Snowfall in. I don't know what that is. I also brought up the idea that Snowfall is here to help the party out (especially Terra) because of a request made by Inari (basically, Snowfall's god) for Snowfall to help Terra's clan. Sherwood seemed to like that, but I'm not certain on how to get that ball rolling now that Gradicus's situation is up in the air. I don't want to play two characters but nor do I want to swap my characters under anything less than true circumstances.

5. Yeah. Perhaps we're supposed to rely on Olsen, Brazamal's Ley Line Walker?

6. Agreed, but Palladium is like that. No training. Suddenly, you're a Jedi when you were a Padawan five minutes ago. It's convenient, but weird to me.

Your question - that's how it appears. Like you, I'm having fun too - just ready to get the epic search for Brazamal on... somehow. =)

As Zephiron leaps forward towards the rift, it flickers and slams shut! The young dragon skids to a stop as you can see that your foe is gone.

With the disappearance of the two dragons and the fluxing of the rift, the Atlanteans on the platform move away from the rift so they don't get sucked back into it.

Wait. Is the Rift open or closed, please?

"It would seem that we have missed this party. Have you found the Overlord and defeated it yet?"

That answers the "are we done with the Mechanoids" question. Moar fighting! =)

O.K.. I guess I'll be the one to ask - are we supposed to leave Brazamal to his fate for now and go after this Overlord guy instead?

I'm seeing a lot of questions and some answers but not enough to clear up the confusion that seems to be clouding us.

At this point, I don't think we have the means and knowledge to find Bramazal - so I'd say getting rid of the mechanoid threat is probably the play. Not that Shaona would like that option all that much - but there's no point in trying to find our dragon while the world is overrun by the damn machines. As a side remark: If we go after our draconic friend when we're done, we'll need someone who can open portals for us - which is, if I'm not mistaken, something that Snowfall can do. Now that doesn't quite solve the riddle how we'll be able to leave Gradicus behind, but it's at least something, right?

It is, but I still feel kind of lost in the ether here. Well, when in doubt, ask the good guy running the game.

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? You've been sort of quiet here in OOC. What's your take on all this? How do we get back on track?

Alright, I'll drop a spoiler here to put everyone's mind at ease.

Brazamal is going to come back soon. His foe, Granthar, will escape and run from him, and Brazzy will come back to see if Gradicus would like to go on a dragon hunt with him to back him up. If this is successful, it will remove Grad in a way that does not (I hope) conflict with anyone's alignment or personality of their characters, and then we just have the introduction of Snowfall into the team.

I don't want to act on player knowledge, but has anyone communicated about how Brazamal vanished and the arrival of the other Atlanteans?

Shaona made a comment, but I don't know if it was just out loud, or if she did call it out on the radio.

Brazamal is going to come back soon. His foe, Granthar, will escape and run from him, and Brazzy will come back to see if Gradicus would like to go on a dragon hunt with him to back him up.

Now that's a reasonable solution Grad can fly with (literally)! Thanks, bud!

As for Snowfall joining the group - how's this for an idea? What if (I love those two words!) Snowfall was sent to aid Terra? Here's how.

Snowfall has been asked by his lord Inari to aid Clan Draco Amicus. While using his gifts to aid them, he is asked to deliver a message to Terra's family. Upon reaching their home, he finds out they are worried about Terra and they ask Snowfall to assist Terra for a time?

Such an act of service it is not unheard of among the lands of Japan where Snowfall comes from. Snowfall accepts the offer, is sent to Ryoga's Atlantean team and transports them to our current situation. Snowfall finds Terra and explains, being sure to include to her the knowledge that his services have already been well-paid for (they gave him a box of food!).

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

How does this work for you?

Cool! I'll post (hopefully soon) to that effect then. =)

I don't want to act on player knowledge, but has anyone communicated about how Brazamal vanished and the arrival of the other Atlanteans?
The comment was meant to be on the radio, for exactly that purpose - cut things short because a long report didn't seem in order situation-wise, but I figured it'd probably be followed by a few question by others. Sorry for not making that obvious in the post!

Also: Thanks for the little spoiler, Sherwood Sherwood - helps out a lot.

The comment was meant to be on the radio, for exactly that purpose - cut things short because a long report didn't seem in order situation-wise, but I figured it'd probably be followed by a few question by others. Sorry for not making that obvious in the post!

Also: Thanks for the little spoiler, Sherwood Sherwood - helps out a lot.
Thanks for clarifying that! I was waiting to post before finding out what Terra knows.

Sherwood Sherwood
Enter Snowfall Your MDC is down by 100 points from earlier fighting, and you can have any of your tattoos active that you wish. Just make sure you mark off the PPE from your character.

Is this taken from his magical defenses (Invulnerability tattoo) or his personal M.D.C. which leaves him with only 67 M.D. left?

Sherwood Sherwood

Is this taken from his magical defenses (Invulnerability tattoo) or his personal M.D.C. which leaves him with only 67 M.D. left?
Take the damage from your Invulnerability Tattoo. You guys went into this ready for a fight, and had your defenses up.

Thanks, Sherwood! =)

And thanks everybody who has been putting likes on Snowfall's posts here. Makes me feel good! Talk about a warm welcome! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back