• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silanon Silanon I will allow you to pick up Boxing with your next skill. It won't help in this particular fight, but it will not be long before you guys level up once more.

There is also a spell called Magical Adrenal Rush. It is available as a level 8 spell, and I do know that Terra has it. You can learn it from her on your next down-time.

Range: 100 feet (30.5 m); line of sight, self or one by touch.
Duration : One melee round per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Forty-Five
This powerful spell produces a magical rush that puts Juicers to shame. PS is raised to supernatural equivalent (punches and kicks do M.D.), the character gets two additional melee actions/attacks per round, speed is increased by 5 0%, fatigue has no effect, and the sorcerer is impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain and Horror Factor, as well as able to endure triple the normal damage to his body, and is +3 on initiative, + 1 to strike and dodge, and + 1 on all saving throws while the enchantment lasts.
The spell does have consequences, however. Once the enhancement wear off, the once hyped-up character feels so tired and weak that he is barely able to move for 1d4 minutes. During this period reduce attacks per melee round, speed, skill performance and all combat bonuses by half. After this "down" time, the character returns to normal (minus the effects of normal fatigue or any damage sustained in combat).

There is a Physical Psi power called Enhanced Reflexes that was put out in one of the issues of the Rifter. I don't know if you have any psi powers, but if you do, it is a good thing to get.

Enhance Reflexes
Range: Self.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 10
When a psychic uses this ability, he greatly enhances his mind-body connection, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time. This power allows the psychic to be more agile and aware of his body. For the duration that this power is in use, the psychic gains the following bonuses: +1 attack per melee, +3 on initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Alrighty, just had to read up on that kickboxing version... I mean... what the hell? I've thought often enough that boxing, in the way it's used here, is quite a silly skill - so what's kickboxing 6.0, then?

Sherwood Sherwood Thanks! I'm actually not sure if Shaona should pick up Boxing from a narrative stand point, but actually having the option is great. The spell you mentioned sounds way more like the way how Shaona should get more attacks, I feel - so thanks for pointing that one out, I'll grab it if Psychie lets me. I mean, 45 is a high cost if you're using the actions mostly to cast more spells, but I can always take my trusty gun or smash a few robots with my staff. Now that I think about it, that spell might be one that's worth putting on my armor at some point - I'll see about that.

About the psionic abilities: I actually do have psionic powers, for example the telemechanics - but I don't think Technowizards have ways to pick up new powers. That said, since I use them rarely, this power would be the perfect fit. In the beginning, you offered a way to learn new psionics, I believe - I'll try to dig that one out from the depths of 128 pages of ooc and see if it helps me out. You know, there are a few other psionic powers that look interesting, to say the least - so it'll be worthwhile to search either way =)

I will allow you to buy that psi power if you want to, using a skill to purchase it, much in the same way I'm letting Psychie to increase the range of her Automation control power with skill purchases.

So, first of all: Sherwood, you fooled me. You posted while I looked through the old pages - so your post showed up right in there, and I actually thought I'd managed to find it, just to see the "posted 1 minute ago" that really didn't fit with the 'posted in october 2018'... by the way, october 2018 - heck, a lot has happened since we met in Bramazal's mansion...

Still found the old version,
I will let those with psi abilities be able to switch out their OCC Related skills as you level up with a new ability, on a one-for-one basis.
Surprisingly, that's basically what you just wrote - good news, everyone, our gm apparently knows what he's doing =) Are you fine with allowing all new skills (including secondary skills) to be used, or do you want to stay with the old version?
Also: Awesome, thanks. With 6th level, I'm getting 2 new occ related skills, so that's good timing.

Psychie Psychie Thanks!

Last edited:
D. Rex D. Rex We certainly have to adjust our tactics to your Glitter Boy - with the way how the entire team but you tends to dive right into combat, we're pretty much wasting your fire power to cover our backs. Not quite sure if the absence of Gradicus alone will do the trick, probably not; we'd be probably better off fighting more defensively, now that we pretty much have the range advantage by default.
Lol no worries there. I made my bed, and now I sleep in it.

Terra had a good plan. But that was before the glitterboy squad rendered her not all that impressive, with their own strategy. And that we had decided to storm a base. Had expected a lot more battlefield resistance that required the long range support.

So I'll pretty much just twiddle my thumbs for the rest of the fight. Because if dragon does poke its head out, then the glitterboy line will also fire. And that will make a lot quicker work of the dragon than I'm sure Sherwood intended.

My only regret being that Balmazar wasted 20 million credits. And that I feel useless just standing there doing nothing. With no actions that would set me apart from any other random person the team meets. The sort of NPC that is used for a moment then forgotten, and no real reason to pay attention to. With any of the other NPCs of more value to bring along. Lol and would look even stupider if I ran there, and by the time I got the fight would be well over.

While mostly just annoying, on my end, it does create the challenge of why she would continue to go with the group, being just a person that fired three shots from a mile away during what was supposed to be a major conflict.

Clarification; the annoying bit being I made the rp sin of being boring. Putting myself in a position that facilitates that.

And it twas my fault and mine alone, I should add.

Surprisingly, that's basically what you just wrote - good news, everyone, our gm apparently knows what he's doing =) Are you fine with allowing all new skills (including secondary skills) to be used, or do you want to stay with the old version?
I'll let you use any of the skills to buy more psi powers. Also, the complete list of the new powers that were not in the RUE book is listed in the Lore tab of the game already.
While mostly just annoying, on my end, it does create the challenge of why she would continue to go with the group, being just a person that fired three shots from a mile away during what was supposed to be a major conflict.
I must add here that this fight would have gone a lot different if you guys had not 1) gotten the Glitter Boys from New Haven to come along, and 2) had the forethought to cast the Immunity to Energy spell on everyone. That used up a lot of PPE, but it has saved you all from getting pounded on hard by the Mechanoids.

I will not be sorry for ruining your plans. I like my character, and I don't want to lose her to a big fight like this.

Same - the only regret is that we didn't plan ahead for the change in difficulty for the first part of the battle, and thus placed our Glitter Boy too safe.

Also, the complete list of the new powers that were not in the RUE book is listed in the Lore tab of the game already.
Thanks for the hint - I didn't even notice that you added all that stuff there.

Hooray! I think Snowfall's final draft looks good! If anyone is a fan of Big Trouble in Little China (the cool 80s movie), take a peek in there! I also have a "Notes to Self" spoiler in the bottom for things I've updated. =)

Me, too. I actually used that film as a background for a Vampire; the Masquerade game where I said that the nasty critter at the end of the movie was a Gangrel. Lots of fun with him.

Seriously, I love that movie clip in Snowfall's character sheet. All these years, I haven't gotten the Special Edition so it's on my Christmas list! We shall see... =)

O.K. I did the movie justice and put in two clips (for the whole 5 minute scene that I can't seem to find anywhere else on YouTube). =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back