• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sherwood Sherwood Do you want Gradicus to stay with Brazamal from here on out or is he staying with the group?

Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon @Vaneheart As Snowfall said, I think it's wise to not split up the party and gather everyone before we go in, preferably with fresh castings of Energy Immunity spells. What do you think?
Lol Daisy doesnt know much but everyone is inside. This goes inside. And the fighting has seemingly stopped.

Methinks she will likely continue inside, unless her doggy senses start tingling or notable protest is presented.

Lol Daisy doesnt know much but everyone is inside. This goes inside. And the fighting has seemingly stopped.

Methinks she will likely continue inside, unless her doggy senses start tingling or notable protest is presented.

Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. I am officially confused again (sorry). I thought Terra were "nearly done carving a opening in the" sealed door? Where is everyone?

Isn't it like this?
Main fortress, sealed door - Terra, Snowfall, Daisy.
Rift generator - everyone else in the team including Brazamal (who is on his way out).
Outside - all of the other forces that came with us.

Yes?

Sherwood Sherwood O.K.. I am officially confused again (sorry). I thought Terra were "nearly done carving a opening in the" sealed door? Where is everyone?

Isn't it like this?
Main fortress, sealed door - Terra, Snowfall, Daisy.
Rift generator - everyone else in the team including Brazamal (who is on his way out).
Outside - all of the other forces that came with us.

Yes?
You are correct. That is the current situation.

Then I misunderstood things when it was mention that access had been given.

In that case! She'd basically just be waiting there to do that when opened.

Lol and I thought I was still outside. But no worries. Wouldnt much change her reasoning.

It's proving rather difficult to integrate/humble Zephiron without having much history with the current cast. Doing my best to play to both the lore as I understand it and the sake of the table's enjoyment. Feedback would be appreciated.

I, as the player, am not actively trying to make things difficult, for what that's worth. Just trying to get the character, and party, to figure out where he fits in despite that by all implications of the lore, Brazamal and Zephiron should probably be somewhat hostile to the idea of their current working relationship. I understand that's mostly my doing for choosing this R.C.C though. Hindsight and all that.

It's proving rather difficult to integrate/humble Zephiron without having much history with the current cast. Doing my best to play to both the lore as I understand it and the sake of the table's enjoyment. Feedback would be appreciated.

I, as the player, am not actively trying to make things difficult, for what that's worth. Just trying to get the character, and party, to figure out where he fits in despite that by all implications of the lore, Brazamal and Zephiron should probably be somewhat hostile to the idea of their current working relationship. I understand that's mostly my doing for choosing this R.C.C though. Hindsight and all that.
Maybe we can find a way to humble him? A rude awakening to this rough and tumble world that couldn't give a flying fuck if the Coalition spent a decade trying to genetically engineer one to do so. A series of misfortunes to Rip his head out his butt so forcefully that [redacted for the sake of RPN guidelines] and in turn starting learning a new way.

I mean to a certain extent. From my own understanding of his statblock, I haven't had him make statements he couldn't back up or pick fights he couldn't provide a significant contribution to. That melee damage rating is disgusting combined without how unbelievably tanky he can be. Not even counting how nasty his secret weapon (Luck Curse) is, provided it isn't resisted.

That may just be my own understanding of the numbers at play though.

I mean to a certain extent. From my own understanding of his statblock, I haven't had him make statements he couldn't back up or pick fights he couldn't provide a significant contribution to. That melee damage rating is disgusting combined without how unbelievably tanky he can be. Not even counting how nasty his secret weapon (Luck Curse) is, provided it isn't resisted.

That may just be my own understanding of the numbers at play though.
That's what you get for min/maxing :p

Still, we do need a way to keep him from making enemies within the group. I know Daisy wont put up with it for long. Any ideas?

Incoming brainstorm! Duck! =)

Well, it is tough to integrate any character who believes themselves the clear superior/better than everyone else in the party they are trying to join. Zeph has started off on the wrong foot with Grad with his demanding, shouting, and sheer arrogance. Grad, having taken part in killing dragons before, sees no reason to take any such crud from a 2-month old (plus, after a week in-game, his dragonhide boots and dragon-fang knives might be ready for pick up in Dweomer).

Snowfall, on the other hand, is far too busy with delivering his services to Terra to have yet interacted with Zeph. We'll see how that goes.

* * *​

Concerning Zeph's melee math, I believe, has a major flaw in it? Sherwood Sherwood Of course, the GM is free to correct me (it's his game after all).
In my understanding of Palladium rules, having a high Supernatural Strength Attribute provides the character with one mathematical bonus, not two. I believe Zeph is using two?

As an example, a character with a Supernatural Strength of 20 performs 1D6 Mega-damage on a full-strength punch. A character with a normal P.S. of 20 causes (attack type) +5 S.D.C. as their bonus. For Supernatural Strength, the character does not perform 1D6+5 M.D. per hit; just 1D6 M.D..

Also, Zeph's halberd does 1d4x10 M.D. per strike right?

So how is Zeph doing "2d6 x 10 + 61" with his rune halberd? That is more damage than Daisy can do with her Boom Gun (Daisy mean damage = 105 M.D. vs. Zeph mean damage = 131 M.D.)?

Shouldn't the math be (Supernatural Strength damage) + (Rune Halberd damage) only? Because I believe if we're taking both Supernatural Strength bonuses, everyone in the group should be doing a noticeably-higher amount of damage (at least in melee). Right?

* * *​

Well, as my uncle always says at the card table, if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

O.K., I just have to say this - I can't stand cheaters and I have literally stopped my tabletop games in mid-session to kick them out of my house. I don't mean to accuse you, good Rykon, of cheating. The problem pretty much lies with me and an incurable brain disorder I live with (I need my rules). So, guys and gal? If later on down the road, we wind up with a PC who joins us and seriously tries to cheat, don't be surprised if I take action, and if necessary, remove myself from the game (not that it would be necessary because I have strong faith in Sherwood in that he wouldn't let such behavior screw his game). Cheating is just one of my big buttons and always has been. This is not to be confused with just plain messing up. Say, if a player new to the rules makes mathematical mistakes, I'll lend a hand in trying to help. =)

* * *​

Concerning Zeph's behavior, I would appreciate it if the character made himself somehow a little more party-friendly for lack of a better term? At this stage, I really feel there isn't any way our party would realistically take someone like him in. I want you to have fun, Rykon, but I'm really glad you've asked here in OOC for advice. Give me a moment and I'll try to think of some?

Last edited:
Well, logic suggests either Zeph changes his attitude, our party changes their attitude, or a bit of both, yes?

1. Zeph changes - If Zeph changes his attitude to be a little more party-friendly (say, takes interest in the party's prior adventures or who they are as individuals), then they can have something in common to share and have fun with. =)

2. Party changes - If the party changes their attitude to do as he demands, well, that's great for Zeph but I really don't see the rest of our characters (many of whom who have been active adventurers longer than Zeph has been alive) doing that in a reasonable fashion. Plus, I think PCs in general will find their fun diluted as suddenly Terra (our apparent leader) gets kicked to the wayside as we all bow down to Zeph. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I wonder where the fun will go for all of us (good Rykon included)?

3. Compromise - My character Snowfall is open to people who appear open. In other words, I can control only one character (mine, of course), and I would really like for Snowfall to approach Zeph and perhaps take an interest in Zeph. Zeph is, after all, a newly-born Western (winged) dragon of royal lineage. O.K. But what else? Zeph, on the other hand, having very likely never met anyone like our characters, might return with curiosity instead of arrogance. Perhaps there is something Zeph is looking for out there in the Megaverse and our characters can help him? I like compromising and I think it would be fun for our characters to learn about one another. It's definitely better than our current situation (which we can fix together). =)

Rykon Rykon What do you think, Rykon? Everyone? What are your thoughts? =)

A series of misfortunes to Rip his head out his burt so forcefully that [redacted for the sake of RPN guidelines] and in turn starting learning a new way.

D. Rex D. Rex Ha ha! I just want to say, "Thanks, D. Rex, for following RP Nation's rules!" I just love how you put that! =)

Alrighty, first of all:
Sherwood Sherwood Shaona meant to take a look around in the dome; that much electricity has to be used somewhere, and she'd bge interested in that if it might influence the main fortress. Anything out there that I can use, or shall I just rejoin the group's affairs?

Secondly: The upcoming assault. I'm running a little low on ppe, but I've got enough for a few energy protection spells if you want 'em. Should at least be able to protect the frontline of our group.

Thirdly, and maybe most importantly: Our young dragon. I see trouble between the prince and Shaona on the horizon. He's a dragon, and thus far 2/3 of those in the story have been exactly the kind of foes she's fighting non-stop, with Bramazal being the lone example of one that earnt her respect. So that demands some hesitation, at least. More importantly, though, everyone who claims to be superior is on her list of people to keep an eye on. She follows Bramazal's guidance after years of knowing him and following his wisdom. She respects Gradicus for his strength, but moreso for the dedication to a good cause and the wise words he brings with him. Terra somehow, sneakily, made it to a leadership role, and she's doing great thus far, following the Atlantean way of life; but if she suddenly begins to bark orders, that'd not end well (so don't do that, please) - and that's someone Shaona knows quite well by now. You know, she doesn't like people who tell her what to do, or people who think that they're a tier above the others.
Meanwhile, Zeph has thus far shown to have mostly his own course in mind, not some higher goal that she could respect. You know, even this is about his own pride, not about the fricking evil dragon as far as I read the posts. He certainly lacks the wisdom to earn her respect that way, and seemed quite ignorant in sight of technology before; which is half of what Shaona's involved with. For now, Bramazal's trust in him can cover those 'flaws' in her eyes. They're here for a specific job, and she'll do the best she can, even riding the dragon. But long-term, that ain't gonna be enough. And I feel like I have very little wiggle room myself, trying to adjust, because she's simply a free mind who respects a lot of things that Zeph, at this time, simply can't offer, given his youth.
So I'm a little worried here. Maybe some of the other characters can bridge the gap a little (mostly looking at Snowfall, perhaps Terra though I'm not sure how that'll work out, if at all), but I don't think Shaona can do that. Not saying I won't try, I'll certainly do that - but I think it's a tall order.

O.K., I just have to say this - I can't stand cheaters and I have literally stopped my tabletop games in mid-session to kick them out of my house. I don't mean to accuse you, good Rykon, of cheating. The problem pretty much lies with me and an incurable brain disorder I live with (I need my rules). So, guys and gal? If later on down the road, we wind up with a PC who joins us and seriously tries to cheat, don't be surprised if I take action, and if necessary, remove myself from the game (not that it would be necessary because I have strong faith in Sherwood in that he wouldn't let such behavior screw his game). Cheating is just one of my big buttons and always has been. This is not to be confused with just plain messing up. Say, if a player new to the rules makes mathematical mistakes, I'll lend a hand in trying to help.
Rest assured that statement is merely a joke. I assure you, anything I've done wrong up to this point has been done in ignorance. Even in the case of Zeph's damage, I specifically ASKED for clarification because something seemed off. This is now the first correction I've seen for that, so I'll definitely keep that in mind moving forward. I'm doing my best to assemble competent characters that at least provide meaningful contributions to party goals, but Palladium is still a new system to me. Rifts especially has some facets not yet experienced. In the future, please continue to call these mistakes out. I might never learn what the actual rules are supposed to be otherwise.

As for Zeph himself... I wasn't aware the poor reception was to this extent, though I could sense it was getting worse. As I said, I don't intend to antagonize other players. I just have an extremely hard time seeing such a terribly young child with such immense magic powers, with Royal literally in his breed name to be anything short of a snob and a brat until they actually experience some kind of growth. Because I'd rather not drag the process out any longer with this level of frustration here Sherwood Sherwood I'd first like to give my apologies to the group at large, but I'd like to request that we immediately remove the character from the group. I can go back to the drawing board and assemble something more measured in the meantime while you guys wrap up this adventure.

We can have Zephiron join Brazamal and Gradicus on the hunt for Granthar if you wish.

I am sorry that things have gotten out of hand with Zeph, and I most certainly wish to keep you in the game in one form or another.

There's always the option to send him back to Bramazal's manor instead; if that's the best thing we can come up with, we'll find a good way to get Zeph out of there cleanly. Just wanted to add that there's no frustration on my end, don't know if my post read too much like that. Think he's a decent ally for a single battle like now, I just see trouble ahead if there's not a change in the near future. Personally, I'm in lack of ideas what kind of changes could Zeph close enough to the rest of the group, so switching characters might indeed be the way to go. Certainly want to have you aboard!

I appreciate the requests to stay. I'll need to take some time to think on what I'd like to try that will be a better fit for this team.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Rest assured that statement is merely a joke. I assure you, anything I've done wrong up to this point has been done in ignorance.

Rykon Rykon Buddy, you already get my benefit of the doubt (mainly because of our roleplaying time in Psychie's game together). =) I don't think you are a cheater at all or we wouldn't be having this conversation. I like you, Rykon! I like roleplaying with you, too. Your Alan (in Psychie's game) is a true and believable character as are the posts you craft for him. Just saying. =)

In the future, please continue to call these mistakes out. I might never learn what the actual rules are supposed to be otherwise.

If it is indeed a mistake. It might not be. Sherwood has a vast amount of Palladium experience and he approves every character prior to play, so... it's all good there - I just don't know which math we're supposed to be using. For all I know, Rykon, yours is correct. Only the GM can say for certain. I need to be open to making changes if it is. Sherwood Sherwood Is my interpretation wrong? Do I need to make adjustments to Snowfall?

I appreciate the requests to stay. I'll need to take some time to think on what I'd like to try that will be a better fit for this team.

Any suggestions are welcome.

What about my earlier recommendations? Might those help?

Well, logic suggests either Zeph changes his attitude, our party changes their attitude, or a bit of both, yes?

1. Zeph changes - If Zeph changes his attitude to be a little more party-friendly (say, takes interest in the party's prior adventures or who they are as individuals), then they can have something in common to share and have fun with. =)

2. Party changes - If the party changes their attitude to do as he demands, well, that's great for Zeph but I really don't see the rest of our characters (many of whom who have been active adventurers longer than Zeph has been alive) doing that in a reasonable fashion. Plus, I think PCs in general will find their fun diluted as suddenly Terra (our apparent leader) gets kicked to the wayside as we all bow down to Zeph. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I wonder where the fun will go for all of us (good Rykon included)?

3. Compromise - My character Snowfall is open to people who appear open. In other words, I can control only one character (mine, of course), and I would really like for Snowfall to approach Zeph and perhaps take an interest in Zeph. Zeph is, after all, a newly-born Western (winged) dragon of royal lineage. O.K. But what else? Zeph, on the other hand, having very likely never met anyone like our characters, might return with curiosity instead of arrogance. Perhaps there is something Zeph is looking for out there in the Megaverse and our characters can help him? I like compromising and I think it would be fun for our characters to learn about one another. It's definitely better than our current situation (which we can fix together). =)

Rykon Rykon What do you think, Rykon? Everyone? What are your thoughts? =)

Rykon Rykon I don't think it's fair to you to have to ditch a character you like over something that can be changed. I mean, what if Zeph were just toned down a notch or two (and by that I mean his snobbish personality, not his statistics if indeed they're not correct)? Would you enjoy playing a Zeph that were perhaps more childlike in his curiosity and less domineering? Prideful for certain, but more open to working with a team? I don't think it is right for you to change characters unless you aren't having fun. Zeph's personality is (sorry, I can't think of a better word for it!) "salvageable". Don't you think?

I am not at a point where I see the character changing soon and it not coming across as forced for convenience. Every thing I had read indicated that he shouldn't tolerate associating with a character like Brazamal. Outside of their mates, Dragons are recorded to hate and avoid each other all across their text. Having him be as cooperative with him as he has thus far has been a real stretch for me because of that. Especially in light of the feedback loop of character interactions.

I don't see a reason for him to want to be near Brazamal. Neither himself nor the party have had much in the way of positive interactions as well. "Salvage" is rather charitable for what would have to take place. I'd rather not bring myself to such brute force narratively and mentally as to pretend he'd be both a good fit and a believable character to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back