• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'll leave that up to Dann, as I dont want to negatively impact his character's send off.

Oh, have no worries there, good Rykon! That part of the game is moving along just fine (thanks)! Sherwood and I have hammered out most of the details (if I have it straight, Gradicus leaves with Brazamal and after the hunt and battle with Granthar is done, if Gradicus survives, he returns to his family in their home dimensions and does his best to live the life denied him before the Splugorth made him their slave). =)

Purr Purr I don't see your 2nd variation (party changes) happening for Shaona; it's the opposite of what's the character about, at least for me. Just wanted to put that out there. You already said that you see problems there - so just thought I'd mention that I agree with that.

Rykon Rykon Got a few things that come to mind that'd make working with Shaona easier or much harder - be it for a tweaked Zephiron, or a new character to your liking if you think that's the way to go. It's not a complete list, just things that came to my mind just now; note that none of the characters in the game satisfy all of them, and that's a good thing - we want diversity, after all. Maybe read it like this: If a character doesn't have most of the avoidable stuff and shares a few areas of the things she's all about, then I'm certain that we'll find a way to make it work.

Things to avoid: Support of the coalition, hatred for mages, not respecting the freedom of others, restricting knowledge, being evil, any claim of leadership that isn't well-earnt in her eyes, taking things as they are without changing them for the better (whatever 'better' means)

Things that'll make it easier to work with her: Enthusiasm for either magic or tech (respect for both is all the better), support of mages, fighting for freedom, seeking knowledge, sharing knowledge, having relatable ideals (not the same as hers; see Gradicus with a different, but respectable way of life), doing good deeds, speaking your mind and allowing others to do the same.

Note that Zeph covers a few of these things already - so there'd be potential, I'd say. The problem, from Shaona's standpoint, is mostly due to the youth of him; he does not qualify for half the things she respects, and the other part kind of gets overshadowed by his demeanor. I personally believe that an older version of Zeph could build up a lot of synergy with her; I see trouble getting there, though.
And... that's the moment where you posted while I was typing. I'm slightly lazy today, so I'll just post this anyway; maybe just take it as input for a new character instead, then.
No suggestions occ-wise from my end; think most things can work.

I am not at a point where I see the character changing soon and it not coming across as forced for convenience. Every thing I had read indicated that he shouldn't tolerate associating with a character like Brazamal. Outside of their mates, Dragons are recorded to hate and avoid each other all across their text. Having him be as cooperative with him as he has thus far has been a real stretch for me because of that. Especially in light of the feedback loop of character interactions.

I don't see a reason for him to want to be near Brazamal. Neither himself nor the party have had much in the way of positive interactions as well. "Salvage" is rather charitable for what would have to take place. I'd rather not bring myself to such brute force narratively and mentally as to pretend he'd be both a good fit and a believable character to play.

Good points all. I think we are very likely to do business with Brazamal in the future (if all goes well with Granthar). But I don't get the impression Sherwood runs a world where dragons cannot get along at all. Sherwood is a GM to take the fun over the rules of the book (which is the very spirit of Palladium role-playing if you ask me).

Take my Snowfall for example. A Fox Spirit R.C.C. from Mystic China who is in fact a Kitsune, a martial artist, and Tattooed Voyager O.C.C.? Not to mention a long-time messenger to one of the oldest and greatest spirits in all of Japan? To me, that's a "Wow!" right there!

You've probably read my recent post concerning Snowfall having strong issues with Wolf-spirits. It states in the Mystic China book that Wolf and fox spirits are enemies (as wolves hunt and kill foxes). Well, Sherwood never once came to me and said, "Your character has to live in a never-ending state of fear whenever Daisy comes walking around the corner because she's a Dog Boy Wolf-breed." No way!

So maybe work with Sherwood to see what his rules are regarding dragon interaction? While rules are rules, the designer of Palladium rules (Kevin Seimbeida) has stated many a time that if you don't like the rules, change them (in fact, as far as I know, he only has one adamant rule and that was last posted to my knowledge back in the 1990s and hasn't been written as an absolute since)!

But yeah! This is the Palladium Megaverse! Isn't just about anything supposed to be possible?

I agree across the board there Silanon Silanon . An older Zeph would be easier to work with. The inherent petulance of childhood is a huge obstacle to overcome. The journey it would take to reach mutual respect would take a great deal of time though. Many obstacles would still remain though. He doesn't demand leadership per se, merely the decorum of respect for his capability and willingness to participate.

Purr Purr I have no doubt in Sherwoods mastery and willingness to work with players. The issue is with what I am willing to do. I have a personal disgust with choosing to play a race/species and personally disregarding their lore to make it fit what I want to do when was established actually makes sense and appears to be well reasoned.

Last edited:
Whatever happens, I say let's not (ever) get too serious. I say we remember the big reason we all play these games - To Have Fun!! Laugh and have us some more good times! You want some fun? I have some fun right here in my pocket in the form of Richard Pryor. =)

"Richard Pryor vs. Hostile Audience" Not Safe For Work... vulgar as only Pryor could be - and funny as heck! Listen to the crazy stuff that comes out of his mouth! =)

I agree across the board there Silanon Silanon . An older Zeph would be easier to work with. The inherent petulance of childhood is a huge obstacle to overcome. The journey it would take to reach mutual respect would take a great deal of time though. Many obstacles would still remain though. He doesn't demand leadership per se, merely the decorum of respect for his capability and willingness to participate.

Purr Purr I have no doubt in Sherwoods mastery and willingness to work with players. The issue is with what I am willing to do. I have a personal disgust with choosing to play a race/species and personally disregarding their lore to make it fit what I want to do when was established actually makes sense and appears to be well reasoned.

Rykon Rykon Yeah, I hear that. I don't mean to disregard the entire lore, just tweak it so that Zeph can somehow work with our party and the dragon our party has all his worked with. Otherwise, isn't the entire concept shot?

I can't help but keep wondering - is there not a solution that doesn't involve you rolling up an entirely new character and ditching one that you like?

I mean, it's one thing if you found another concept that you liked even more than this one. But to replace a character you like just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But on the other hand, perhaps you've always wanted to be... Captain USA!

"Dom DeLuise as Captain USA" from Cannonball Run =)

(Here's the whole ridiculous and funny story if you'd like to see it. The legend of heroic Captain Chaos. Spoiler Alert for the movie Cannonball Run)
"Captain Chaos scenes from Cannonball Run" =)

Rykon Rykon I want to make sure that everyone in my games enjoy themselves, and the fact that you are wanting to drop Zephiron makes me feel as if I have missed an opportunity. But, let us try and move past this and see if we can't come up with a character that will fit in well, and will be fun for you, too.

The big question is, what kind of role would you like to have in the party?

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? Is my interpretation of Supernatural Strength wrong? Do I need to make adjustments to Snowfall? (Sorry to ask again but part of my brain is hooked on this and I don't think it will let me alone until I have found the right answer.)

Hey Sherwood Sherwood ? Is my interpretation of Supernatural Strength wrong? Do I need to make adjustments to Snowfall? (Sorry to ask again but part of my brain is hooked on this and I don't think it will let me alone until I have found the right answer.)
The way I want damage done with a melee weapon while using Supernatural Strength is: You add the damage done by your Strength to the damage of the weapon(s) used, so if you have a weapon that does, for example 1d4x10 MD, and your Strength bonus would do another 4d6 MD from a normal hit, you will have to make two different damage rolls to get your full effect.

Yes! Thank you!

(That moment when your in-game GM helps you with your out-of-game mental saving throw = 8D )

I think I might have asked about something similar with Daisy. Sherwood Sherwood

Would that include mechanized strength of the Glitterboy wielding the Dragon Thunderer?

I don't believe that the robotic strength of the Glitter Boy provides a lot of damage; something like a d6 MD on a punch. But yes, that will add to the damage.

As it is almost the holiday, I am not going to push anyone for posts until later in the week once everything has settled down once more. We can have Zephiron leave during this down time, and see if Rykon Rykon wants to come up with a new character (hopefully you will; I like having you in my games!).

Also, I'm going to award you guys your xp for the fight now, along with a holiday bonus. I'll put that in the Character thread for ya.

Hey Rykon Rykon Message me or ask here if you want a hand with anything! =)

Woohoo!

D. Rex D. Rex Your experience point counter reads "Exp: 32600/26500." So that's enough for you to raise Daisy a level, right?

So I noticed after i recorded it. One more of my dumb question lol.

I just have to remember to do the level up stuff if any.
Well, you get to boost your skill percentages and get a d6 for hit points at the very least. Then you should have some benefit from your HtH Skill to add to your character.

What Psychie said plus... please see Sherwood's Character post? He is also taking from Pathfinder - we get to place a single Attribute point into any one of our character's Attributes every 3 levels. =)

Alrighty - sixth level, here I come! I'll update the character sheet over the next few days, whenever I find the time to scroll through the different psionics I might want to pick up.

Sherwood Sherwood Would you please roll 2d6 for me? (1d6 for M.D.C., 1d6 for Chi). =)

Is the skill Pressure Point Control Tactics allowed in this game? I remember Cap'n choosing it in one of your Robotech games and I think it would be neat for Snowfall to have given his Eastern background and medical education ("Oh, this pressure point martial arts stuff? Just think of it as acupressure with a twist. Yeah really!") =)

For anyone interested... =) Snowfall's level 6 goodies. How did you improve your character? =)

Increased P.S. by 1 (6th level Sherwood Character bonus)

Decreased P.P. by 1 (noticed math error and corrected)

Selected "Other" skill for 6th level - Pressure Point Control Tactics (unless Sherwood says otherwise)

Selected Dimensional Voyager Tattoo Power - Red Lightning Bolts/Impervious to Energy

Asked Sherwood to roll d6 for M.D. and Chi

Added 6th level advancement bonuses from skills, martial arts, and Fox Spirit R.C.C.

For anyone interested... =) Snowfall's level 6 goodies. How did you improve your character? =)

Increased P.S. by 1 (6th level Sherwood Character bonus)

Decreased P.P. by 1 (noticed math error and corrected)

Selected "Other" skill for 6th level - Pressure Point Control Tactics (unless Sherwood says otherwise)

Selected Dimensional Voyager Tattoo Power - Red Lightning Bolts/Impervious to Energy

Asked Sherwood to roll d6 for M.D. and Chi

Added 6th level advancement bonuses from skills, martial arts, and Fox Spirit R.C.C.
Here are the die rolls you requested.
MDC: 2
Chi: 2

Sherwood Sherwood Two questions for our good-time-giving Game Master.

1. Do Mega-damage creatures gain M.D. from selecting Physical skills? In other words, do the "+1d6 to S.D.C." become M.D. or is there no benefit whatsoever?

2. (This one is a bit deeper.) Snowfall has a Dimensional Teleport tattoo that allows himself and up to 200 lbs. of gear or people to travel with him. However, I did not take into account Terra's 3 automatons when I chose this.

There is another dimensional tattoo, I don't remember the name, that allows a two-way transport that's not based on weight via a Rift. However, it costs 400 P.P.E. to cast (plus, if memory serves, 1d8+4 temporary P.E., but that's not a worry).

Now, I think you are more familiar with Rifts magic than I am. My character is not going to have that much personal P.P.E. ever. P.P.E. batteries or something he doesn't have, and I cannot count upon the team being near a ley-line or a rift in order to get more energy to cast this.

So, can others donate P.P.E. the way the NPCs did in Brazamal's company? Otherwise, how is the spell supposed to be cast?

Lastly, if the answer turns out to be feasible, do you mind me swapping these tattoo spells out? I cannot imagine casting this spell with Terra's automatons in the group, but if that's the way it must be (unless Snowfall is able to come across that tattoo some other way), I'll respect it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back