• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Reverse Isekai Bullshit

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Tentative interest check for a casual RP idea:
  • Player characters are a party of powerful fantasy warriors
  • They're tracking down an evil wizard or some shit idk
  • Bitch-ass coward wizard runs away to another world
  • Other world is mundane Earth, duh
  • Wizard turns out to be stereotypical evil.... CEO? Principal? Some excuse to wear a three piece suit idk.
  • We break into a museum at some point and steal a diamond that turns out to be a magical artifact
  • For maximum weeb bullshit the fantasy warriors might be high school or college students
Inspirations:
  • Enchanted
  • Samurai Jack
  • If I listed the anime I watched you would judge me more than necessary and my reputation would never recover.
  • A really old fantasy high school RP I used to run
The Wizard, the Egg, and the Internet

UPDATE: A non-binding survey to figure out what kind of group we're working with

Last edited:
I would be pretty interested in this! Obviously would love to talk about what kind of character I'd make too! :ghost:

I'm interested, though just sorta lurking for now~

I'm interested, but will also lurk for now!

Whoah! More interest than I expected, lol. I'll whip up a thread.

While I'm working on this, was there anything specific anyone wanted to know about?

I asked a question earlier
RIP, didn't mean to accidentally overlook it! Your characters will have their magic powers, but they will not be as potent, at least not without the Plot Device. While your character is in possession of the Plot Device, their powers will work as they normally would in the magic world.

Interesting. I'm in, if you'll have me.

Idea: Let's have the portal spell take us to a Walmart, and like the medieval barbarians our characters are, they will begin hitting TVs displaying ads for World of Warcraft, because of the orcs in aforementioned ads.

Interesting. I'm in, if you'll have me.

Idea: Let's have the portal spell take us to a Walmart, and like the medieval barbarians our characters are, they will begin hitting TVs displaying ads for World of Warcraft, because of the orcs in aforementioned ads.
Oh no! We're surrounded by the enemy!
Defend yourselves!!

*tum, thuf, crash, crash!!*

Cue an angry Walmart employee angrily screaming

Oh no! We're surrounded by the enemy!
Defend yourselves!!

*tum, thuf, crash, crash!!*

Cue an angry Walmart employee angrily screaming
The Walmart employee will have a mop with a red shaft, which we will mistake for the Red Spear of Bloodshed and him for one of our greatest foes: Malkith the Destroyer, known for sucking the souls of a thousand virgins. Needless to say, we will proceed to surround him and beat the ever-living shit out of him. By the time the manager comes out from the back, all he'll see is one of his employees, lying on the floor with broken bones, twitching and whispering: "C-call the ambulance."

The Walmart employee will have a mop with a red shaft, which we will mistake for the Red Spear of Bloodshed and him for one of our greatest foes: Malkith the Destroyer, known for sucking the souls of a thousand virgins. Needless to say, we will proceed to surround him and beat the ever-living shit out of him. By the time the manager comes out from the back, all he'll see is one of his employees, lying on the floor with broken bones, twitching and whispering: "C-call the ambulance."
Ohhh that poor minimum-wage guy, he didn't deserve this ^^'

What genre do you want this RP to be? What country or city this will take place?
I was going to do an American city, a fictional one to avoid getting bogged down in the detail of real-world locations. I'm also trying to go for a more lighthearted adventure, at least in the beginning. I think it'll be an interesting juxtaposition to your characters, who are going to be some of the most accomplished warriors from this fantasy world and therefore will be, you know... assassins and shit with heavy backgrounds.

I have a character in mind already. She will not be able to deal with the situation of being in a new world at all and i think that is beautiful.

I have a character in mind already. She will not be able to deal with the situation of being in a new world at all and i think that is beautiful.
Excellent!

For anyone else yet who doesn't have a character in mind, I'd suggest picking an archetypical tabletop RPG class and going from there - paladin, cleric, bard, wizard, druid, etc. That's what I did for the villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back