• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Hi everyone! Just a speck in the wind here, fluttering into this forum after a bit of a pushed upon hiatus, with an idea I've been itching to try out. Ideally, I'd be looking for a partner that can take on the role of two characters to fulfill the plot line typed below, however, I'd be open to two separate partners as well.

Expectations/Rules:

- Please Please Please be able to be at least Semi to Fully Literate. I'm not asking for novela style posts but I'd love to have at least a good couple of paragraphs to work off of. Mistakes are fine, I'm not a stickler for that nor will I be examining your grammar. As long as the material is good and understandable, that's fine with me.

- Humans and Fantasy/Mythical Creatures share this world so you're free to choose whatever creature you want to play as, of course, you're also more than welcome to play as a simple human as well^^!

- I am fairly busy so I can't always promise to post every single day but semi-frequent posting would be ideal. I'll try to let you know ahead of time if I'll be gone for a little while, I'm hoping for the same in return.

-Anime/Artwork style pictures please.

-Feel free to DM me directly if interested.

Return of the King

They were lovers. They were inseparable. Chosen by a great prophecy descended from the stars themselves. Three constellations brought together to form a bond unbreakable by time, distance or death. They were meant to be together always. Their souls intertwined beyond even the thought of separation. Even the smallest fragments of their individual souls converged and unified into one entity.

They were chosen by the stars....yet a great evil would not be deterred. With great claws and darkness boiling at its core, it tainted one of these great souls with a madness incurable even by the Gods themselves. So great was the taint that the world shook and trembled at every loss of control this soul had for the darkness that tore and shredded at its edges. So toxic was its power, that the soul in its grasp twisted and morphed beyond regonition. So terrible was the burden brought upon by this evil, that a choice was made. One that bore the fate of the world at its core.

The Mighty Dragon Antreas. Guardian of the Seas and Skies. Indomitable Protector of the Humanity and Mythical Creatures alike....Would be sealed for all of time at the bottom of the Seven Seas. For the survival of the world and all who lived upon it, his soul would be locked away until the end of time and with it, the corrosive evil that had darkened it so. The Great Dragon Antreas would be proclaimed dead to the world. His realm and his people would be urged to seek a new King to guide and shelter them, and his lovers......his lovers would play a crucial role in his disappearance, for only they would be strong enough together to lock away what was once their Charismatic and Kind Lover, their Sword and Shield, their True North, their King.

Many years have passed since the day of the great sealing. Years of lasting peace has laid claim to the world of humans and myth birthed creatures as well. Times have showed no signs of danger and the people of this world have lifted their voices to the stars every night and every morning in joyous relief of their extended tranquility....However, this peace proved to be ever fleeting and ever more so fragile. The years of mercy they were given were but a small gift by the Great Darkness. A darkness that had not yet finished causing misery, death, and chaos. A darkness that once again reached out to destroy the peace of the creatures left without their Guardian.

Five centuries after their Great Guardian was sealed away, the earth has begun to tremble and shake again. No longer are the winds filled with the sounds of laughter and joy, but in turn with fear, grief, and pain. The once beautiful and lush world, has begun to give way to the taint of evil. Crops have grown weak and died, animals have given into strange diseases or vanished without sight. Humans grow weaker and more physically fragile with every passing day and the mystical creatures that share this world with them, have grown weary and fearful. Songs no longer fill the skies, misery now lays a heavy claim on the inhabitants of this realm, and fear for what the future may hold under the hold of this monstrous evil is what plagues the survivors of the first and second waves of death....However, not all hope is lost. In the face of such unspeakable odds, a council had been formed and a decision has been made.

This world needed their Protector...now more than ever. His lovers, so lost and but shells of who they had once been, need their mate like a moth needs its flame. While there is fear that their Guardian may not be the Great King they had once known, while knowledge of the darkness that taints his soul is shared by many....what choice do they have but believe he will be able to fight to protect them? That the love between his mates and he will prove strong enough to save his soul in a way that was once doubted. That this time around, the Great Evil that caused their Protector to be sealed, would be forced to cower and flee in the face of their King's return.

Screenshot_20220729-141302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220729-141310_Chrome.jpg

Name: Antreas

Called: Antreas The Great, King Antreas, Guardian of the Seas and Skies, The Great Protector.

Species: Celestial Dragon

Title: King of the Realm

Physical Appearance: Antreas is a breathtaking specimen of a Dragon. Beautiful does not even begin to cover the ethereal appearance of not just his human form, but that of his Dragon body.

As a human, Antreas is impressively tall and broad-shouldered. Long waves of silver/white hair cascades in proud waves down his back. Often left unbound, his hair seems to give off a beautiful sheen when the warmth of the sun's rays traces gentle fingers through it and breaths light into it. Flawless dark tan skin stretches over a powerful build of compact muscle that leaves no stretch of hesitation as to how physically powerful this man is. Vibrant amber eyes peer out through long golden lashes with an intensity that could put the sun to shame. And golden, celestial tribal markings claim portions of this Great Dragon's skin from his forehead, to his shoulders, to his chest and down his back. They are markings of his position as King of not just the Humans he protects, but as King of the creatures of myth as well.

When touched upon by the stain of madness that has claimed a portion of his soul, Antreas eyes take on a ungodly glow of true wickedness. His skin turns a shade darker and his horns, most of the time hidden when he chooses to take on a human form, are displayed with intentions to bring fear into the souls of all who see him. Long, arching claws protrude from where his fingernails would be and the edges of his Celestial marks start to bleed to black.

Personality: Antreas was known for his charismatic and ever patient temperment. Despite his deep, booming voice, a voice brought forth by the truth of the great beast that he is, Antreas was not one to intimidate or suppress his people. Powerful as he is, this Dragon had always measured his words when he addressed his people and sought to bring forth more comfort and reassurance to a fretful heart, than dismay. Protector of the entirety of the Realm, Antreas took his duties seriously and spared no expense to ensure the safety of every creature brought under his care. He would have gladly sacrificed his body in order to see to the survival of his world.

Towards his lovers, Antreas breathed to life a new meaning of love. His tenderness and affection for the "two halves of his heart", as he often called them, was immense and undeniable. There was never a raised voice nor raised hand when tempers were high or misunderstandings were escalated. This dragon always sought to resolve their issues with calm of mind and love, never forgetting to remind his mates of his love for them and his willingness to fix whatever insignificant nuisance that might have caused the start of occassional light arguments. Antreas was an affectionate lover, never hesitating to pull his mates into his arms or simply reach out to touch them in passing. They were his gems. His very soul. The light that filled his being and fueled his motives. When his soul was stained by darkness, that very taint began to chip away at the man he was. He grew darker, less tolerant. More inclined to violence than peace. No longer did he smile gently or offer kind assurances to those around him...instead he scoffed at their misgivings and found amusement in their anxieties. The two souls that had once meant the world to him, became nothing more than obstacles in his way and a harsh word was always just a breath away from leaving his lips in their presence. Though Antreas struggled to withhold his growing bloodthirst and writhing temper, at least towards his mates, his determined proved to be to weak to halt the fury that escaped him when he realized the whispered intentions of all in the realm to seal him away.

The Great Protector did not go silently into his sealing. He fought and raged against any who dared draw close to him, claws tearing through limbs and bodies without a care in sight. Blood soaking the ground and livid roars ripping through the air in the midst of such a dreadful battle. It took the combined forces of his lovers to weave a spell strong enough to immobilize him and another, this time heartbreaking, spell to force his eyes to close and his consciousness was sealed away as he was locked away into the deep bosom of the Seven Seas.

Screenshot_20220729-145541_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back