• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reboot of Nightmares of the Second Age [Forum] [Dice]

My idea for Golden Principle (the name is subject to change at the moment), is a cutthroat businessman who probably won't get his own hands dirty much but will do what ever it takes to eliminate the competition. His Motivation is to build a commerce empire that rivals the Guild (in my original idea, this one may not know that much about the Guild in order to rival it). He is a business man but he is also a sailsman; he takes an active role in his business.

There is nothing that he will sell, from slaves to weapons to drugs to architecture. If it can make him money, he is going to sell it. He will lie and cheat if necessary, but he will get what he wants and he will sell it back at twice the price. But the goal is to build and rule the world of commerce in Creation.

I can work with that.

But, for now, it is time for bed. Lets see what the morning brings us, shall we?

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]My idea for Golden Principle (the name is subject to change at the moment), is a cutthroat businessman who probably won't get his own hands dirty much but will do what ever it takes to eliminate the competition. His Motivation is to build a commerce empire that rivals the Guild (in my original idea, this one may not know that much about the Guild in order to rival it). He is a business man but he is also a sailsman; he takes an active role in his business.
There is nothing that he will sell, from slaves to weapons to drugs to architecture. If it can make him money, he is going to sell it. He will lie and cheat if necessary, but he will get what he wants and he will sell it back at twice the price. But the goal is to build and rule the world of commerce in Creation.

[/QUOTE]
This sounds very much like a second age concept to me. First Age solars do not want to rival anything, they want to rule something. That said, taking over the Guild would be a worthy goal, and one that would be very beneficial to the Circle's general tasks.

Also, the fixation on buying and selling and making a profit is very much a scarcity world point of view. Established Celestials in the First Age very much live in a post-scarcity world. If we want something short of a Directional Titan, we buy it. We are so mind blowingly rich that only the 0.01% of the world's current population have any realistic hope of imaging it.

From a practical point of view, I really like your character, but if I may be so bold as to make the suggestion, I think you should try and rethink his past in a First Age setting, without changing his MO in the Second Age much.

I'm as interested as I was the first time, so I would love to get back into this, either with Aurora or another character instead. I wouldn't mind tweaking Aurora a bit actually, change some things there and there, particularly toning down the insane DV of hers.

Oh! Hey! Want to still be Solar Mates, or pass me off to some other Solar because we didn't do much ICly with em?

I would like to keep the bond actually, and in fact incorporate it more into my backstory this time to make it more story-worthy.

Awesome, let's discuss some ideas in PM shall we? I think I'll end up adjusting some things in Aurora's backstory to fit the Lunar mate.

Hm. Since Aurora is a Dawn Caste, I'd rather not compete with her. I'll instead submit Numen Satori, a Twilight Caste engineer, who was terribly disappointed by the Exalts of the First Age and their constant cockblocking of her idealistic plans. However, her goal in any Age is the same: to build a better world. She hopes that her fellow Solars will be amenable to discussion, since they're all Sleepers like her.

Mechanically, her focuses are engineering and medicine (with a side dish of sorcery and wyld shaping); if this game were a 4X-type simulator, her faction would be the knowledge-focused one that would seek the protection of someone else with more economic and military savvy while they spread their brand of education, terraforming and enlightenment throughout creation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sherwood You haven't actually commented on any of us who have expressed an interest in rehashing one of the characters from the original game. Do you find this a good, bad or neutral idea?

So far, I was just waiting to give everyone that is going to be expressing an interest to have the chance to do so without giving any kind of preferential treatment to those that were in the first incarnation of the game. That being said, I have no objections to seeing some of the same characters from the first run. If I had no one from the first run, I'd just pull out the very same game and see how you respond to it. Since there are several of you from the first run that are expressing an interest, I may end up changing the location that you start out in to make a new run for everyone.

So did I, but the spyware I have installed on his computer says otherwise! That, or rpzone tells me as much when I press his mailed cat.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]I think Sherwood fell asleep. :tongue:

[/QUOTE]
And yes, I did crash for a few hours. I had to take care of a hungry puppy and some kitties that were demanding their breakfast; that's the only reason why I'm up right now.

So, the people that have expressed an interest and the Exalt types that they have said are:

@Lord-Leafar with a Solar Dawn Caste,

@Skari-dono with a Solar,

@Silent Wayfarer with a Solar,

@JayTee with a Solar,

@Esbilon with a Solar, and

with a brief mention from

@ehmygirl about her and @Captain Hesperus, although Cap hasn't posted about this himself.

Did I forget anyone? Eight is the upper limit to the number of players I'd like. I will give everyone a little bit of time to solidify up their offerings and let some people with actual lives away from this site to see the game idea before locking in on any one character at this moment.

For the solars, I think we can further specify the Castes

@Lord-Leafar with a Solar Dawn Caste,

@Skari-dono with a Solar Eclipse,

@Silent Wayfarer with a Solar Twilight,

@JayTee with a Solar Night,

@Esbilon with a Solar Eclipse.

So it seems as if the Zenith spot is open. I might just switch Rose around, as she could easily fill that spot as well with only minor alterations, and that way fewer toes are stepped on :)

Don't suppose there happens to be any room left? I'd like to try my hand at this if so. Something solar, still deciding on what caste. Likely either Dawn, Zenith, or Twilight. Are multiple castes allowed in this game or just one each for a perfect circle?

*Crosses fingers hoping this one doesn't die too*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back