• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reboot of Nightmares of the Second Age [Forum] [Dice]

Nevermind. I didn't check the errata for DotFA to see the extra bp. My bad. We will go with the 35 as is listed in the errata. I'll go edit the chargen post I made.

Sherwood said:
Where do you see 35 bp for Established Solars? In my copy of DotFA, it says 15 bp, but the 2.5 errata changes that to 18 for everyone. You can start with various Artifacts and Manses as you wish with your 10 Background points you are getting and any bp you spend on them.
The updated version of Lords of Creation, page 16: "Bonus Points: The Established Solar has 35 bonus points to spend."

Scroll of Errata, page 145: "The Established Solar begins with 9/7/6 Attributes, 45 dots of Abilities after Training Abilities, 30 dots of Backgrounds, 35 Charms, five dots of Virtues, and 35 bonus points."

The reason I asked about Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply in particular is that they represent assets and support in the First age, but they can be leveraged to acquired resources that could be useful in the Second. So they're very much in a kind of blurred area between things like Backing (which clearly makes no sense to have), and Familiar (which makes perfect sense if the Familiar in question was frozen along with us).

Esbilon said:
The updated version of Lords of Creation, page 16: "Bonus Points: The Established Solar has 35 bonus points to spend."
Scroll of Errata, page 145: "The Established Solar begins with 9/7/6 Attributes, 45 dots of Abilities after Training Abilities, 30 dots of Backgrounds, 35 Charms, five dots of Virtues, and 35 bonus points."

The reason I asked about Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply in particular is that they represent assets and support in the First age, but they can be leveraged to acquired resources that could be useful in the Second. So they're very much in a kind of blurred area between things like Backing (which clearly makes no sense to have), and Familiar (which makes perfect sense if the Familiar in question was frozen along with us).
The Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply Backgrounds are allowed up to 3. Any higher and you would be garnering too much attention as you try to hide away that much money/artifacts/etc, and your fellow Exalts would be wondering what you are doing with that much bling.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]So... 35 BP and able to raise BGs to 5 without BPs? :D

[/QUOTE]
Yup. First Age characters are the shizzle.

Sherwood said:
The Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply Backgrounds are allowed up to 3. Any higher and you would be garnering too much attention as you try to hide away that much money/artifacts/etc, and your fellow Exalts would be wondering what you are doing with that much bling.
Cool :)

A minor point of order; to buy an artifact at rank N, we need Arsenal/Panoply at N, and Wealth at N+1, so can we buy Wealth at 4 and still avoid the worst scrutiny?

I think he said a free spell with each circle.

Also, still wondering about ability caps for non-solaroids. Are just gonna use Solar errata and say they can raise to five w/o BP?

Lets not artifacts N/A. That's just bat country. The party is already the equivalent of walking reuseable nukes.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Lets not artifacts N/A. That's just bat country. The party is already the equivalent of walking reuseable nukes.

[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone talked about artifacts N/A. I used N as a stand-in for an unspecified integer. I may have been damaged by excessive amounts of physics in my life.

Salary 3, plus a thousand years of back pay. Once I'm done being censured for going AWOL, I'm gonna fill a swimming pool with cashola.

Which, seeing as Creation uses metal money or ambrosia, could either be painful or orgasmic.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]Totes sweet. Also, I plan to invest in crafting; are you unifying Craft, or did I miss that houserule?

[/QUOTE]
More stuff I missed. Yes, we are going with a unified Craft skill, and your more esoteric fields can be bought with Specialties with no limit. For Sorcery, I did post that with each purchase of either Sorcery or Necromancy you get a free spell of the appropriate Circle.

Esbilon said:
Cool :)
A minor point of order; to buy an artifact at rank N, we need Arsenal/Panoply at N, and Wealth at N+1, so can we buy Wealth at 4 and still avoid the worst scrutiny?
Hmm. I will say no, because if you want a level 4 or 5 Artifact, you can buy it separately with your bonus points and leave the Arsenal/Panoply/Wealth for your future minions.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]"So, as you can see, my sidereal captains the Five Metal Shrike. It's all outlined in this 200-page backstory."

[/QUOTE]
Um, no. lol

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]I think he said a free spell with each circle.
Also, still wondering about ability caps for non-solaroids. Are just gonna use Solar errata and say they can raise to five w/o BP?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, we are using the Solar ability caps to make sure that the other Celestials are on line in power with the Golden Boys and Girls.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Salary 3, plus a thousand years of back pay. Once I'm done being censured for going AWOL, I'm gonna fill a swimming pool with cashola.
Which, seeing as Creation uses metal money or ambrosia, could either be painful or orgasmic.

[/QUOTE]
Why not both? It hurts so gooooood.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Salary 3, plus a thousand years of back pay. Once I'm done being censured for going AWOL, I'm gonna fill a swimming pool with cashola.

[/QUOTE]
Are you trying to be Scrooge McDuck and dive into a moneypool?

@Sherwood How big is this cryo place, and where is it? Unless we have a big communal elsewhere storage unit I'm not sure how or where everyone is gonna store these backgrounds.

Sherwood said:
Hmm. I will say no, because if you want a level 4 or 5 Artifact, you can buy it separately with your bonus points and leave the Arsenal/Panoply/Wealth for your future minions.
I think you missed my point. In order to get artifacts 3 freely from APW, we need A and P 3, and W 4. Otherwise, every Artifact purchased will reduce our W rating by 1, and we'll need to buy it up continously.

Action Replay] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7773-sherwood/ said:
@Sherwood[/URL] How big is this cryo place, and where is it? Unless we have a big communal elsewhere storage unit I'm not sure how or where everyone is gonna store these backgrounds.
Cache Eggs full of Cache Eggs. It will be beautiful.

See, Ironically, my biggest Background, is this massive fuckhuge Manse that I have the Hearthstone for, the network it's linked to, and Lunar Power Armor.

Action Replay] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7773-sherwood/ said:
@Sherwood[/URL] How big is this cryo place, and where is it? Unless we have a big communal elsewhere storage unit I'm not sure how or where everyone is gonna store these backgrounds.
The location you are hiding in has been altered to be bigger on the inside than on the outside thanks to Wyld shaping, Solar magic, and a nod and wink from the Maiden of Secrets.

Esbilon said:
I think you missed my point. In order to get artifacts 3 freely from APW, we need A and P 3, and W 4. Otherwise, every Artifact purchased will reduce our W rating by 1, and we'll need to buy it up continously.
Hmmm. I suppose I'll let you get the Wealth at 4, then. Its only money, and you can stockpile trade goods in various forms for a while. Does that help?

Hadn't thought of it that way, but, yes. Very accurate way to describe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back