• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reboot of Nightmares of the Second Age [Forum] [Dice]

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I ran a game for a while that involved a bunch of First Age Exalts waking up in the Second Age and trying to rebuild the fallen Solar Deliberative that went fine for a while then slowly fizzled. Right now, I'm pondering a second go of it, hopefully with a solid bunch of players that would be up for a long term nation building game.

Crunch wise, you would be starting off as Established Solars, Lunars or Sidereals from Dreams of the First Age with the 2.5 errata. No Infernals or Abyssals are allowed, since they are relatively new creations in the Second Age. If a person wants to run a Dragon Blood, I'll have to tweak their numbers to make them compatible in power level with the Celestial Exalts. I will not be using the TAW rewrite for the Lunars, and will probably be implementing a fixed Xp Chart to give everyone an equal footing so that the Solars do not run wild with power and leave everyone else behind.

Once I see if there is sufficient interest, I'll post the chargen details.

You are all approached by a Sidereal that the First Age is about to implode. He tells you that the only way to save the Deliberative is to let the treacherous Exalts involved in the overthrow realize that they need the Solars, and he hides you all away in stasis to be reawakened in a few hundred years. Problem is, a few hundred turns into a few thousand, and the nicely laid plans to have you restore the Deliberative hits a brick wall and you now are faced with the trials of the Second Age.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]*ponders trying her Fae once more*
What rules would you be using for the Fair Folk?

[/QUOTE]
I would have to come up with rules to boost the Fair Folk in a fair manner to the rest of the group, but so long as everyone else has no problems dealing with a First Age Fae, I have no objections

Considering my First Age Lunar will have been "The Watcher on the Wall" Who kept the Fae at bay in the North.... Hm. I could just change him, butt..

Just in case I wasn't clear, you would all be starting off knowing each other, after all, you have all been Exalted for upwards of 150 to 200 years.

Well, it seems like @Teh Frixz has changed her mind about the Fae, and is now leaning towards a Lunar. So, the Watcher on the Wall idea from @SephirothSage could work.

And there is no rule saying that there must be a certain mix of Exalts. If everyone takes a Lunar or a Solar, that's fine. Having a mix can give some advantages to the party, though.

Hmm, think I might go Endings "dark clerk," to borrow the Discworld term. Or a Battles who is focused on bringing people together at exactly the right time.

<nods> Always a useful thing to have; a good spy network. You'll need to build it up, since your old network in the First Age will have been long gone.

I'll get started working on the character, he should be up sometime tomorrow. Any other traditional house rules I should know about? Free excellences/ox-bodies/sorcery spells/whatever?

I always give a free spell of the appropriate Circle of Magic or Necromancy when you get the Charm. I'm going to repost the rules for chargen for each kind of Exalt so everyone can see what to work with shortly.

Excellent! Also, we seem to have five players already, shall we get the board up, now that ST can do that on their own? :D

Just a reminder- One...

If you could link me to the place where the Lion was Archived? I'll have to change his Backstory- and someone get's him as a Lunar Mate with a full five dot's in Bond, By the way!- but that's about it. And I hate working stats.

I'm in again. Either as Rose or another character if you'd prefer I cut back on the whole "All shall love me and despair" thing.

Can I play a Solar in this? Dawn preferred, but I suspect Esbilon is already a Dawn.

Alternately, I already have a First Age survivor Twilight concept going in another game...

I would very much like to play, if there is room and if you'll have me.

I have an idea for Eclipse Merchant Prince and I've always wanted to play him as building a massive commerce empire.

First off, here is the character creation rules for Solars, Lunars and Sidereals. I'll make up one for Dragon-Blooded if anyone chooses to play one of those. Please note that everyone starts off with the same number of Charms, and a limited amount of Background points.

Solars

Starting Solars get eight free dots in Abilities from their Celestial Training: one dot in Bureaucracy, Presence or Socialize, Lore 2, Occult 2, Ride or Sail at 1, and two dots allocated among Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown.

Each Caste gains free dots in the following Training Abilities in addition to the dots gained above:

Dawn: Two dots in Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown, one dot in Ride or Sail, War 1

Zenith: Bureaucracy 1, Performance 2, Presence 1

Twilight: Craft 1, Lore 1, Medicine 1, Occult 1

Night: Two dots in Investigation or Larceny, one dot in Archery, Martial Arts, Melee, or Thrown, Stealth 1

Eclipse: Integrity 1, Linguistics 1, one dot in Ride or Sail, one dot in Bureaucracy, Performance, Presence, or Socialize

Established Solars have one or two centuries of experience in dealing with the cutthroat politics of the Deliberative and life in Meru.

Attributes are 10/8/7

Abilities: After noting all Training Abilities, the Established Solar gets 20 dots to divide among her Caste and Favored Abilities, then 35 more dots to spend as you see fit. You still get the four free dots of Specialties in the 2.5 Errata.

Backgrounds are limited to what you can bring with you from the First Age, and as such you only start with 10 dots to spend.

Charms: The Established Solar gets 30 Charms, at least 12 of which must come from Caste or Favored Abilities.

Virtues: You get 7 dots to divide among your Virtues which can be raised to 5 without spending bonus points.

Bonus Points are 35 as the 2.5 Errata.

Lunars

Lunars get eight free dots in the following Abilities: One dot in Bureaucracy, Presence, or Socialize, Lore 2, Occult 2, one dot in Ride or Sail, and two dots allocated among Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown.

In addition, each Caste gets the following:

Full Moon: One dot in either Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown, Resistance 1, Survival 1, War 1

Waxing Moon: Performance 1, Presence 1, Socialize 1, Survival 1

Half Moon: Investigation 1, Presence 1, Survival 1, War 1

Waining Moon: Larceny 2, Stealth 1, Survival 1

No Moon: Craft 1, Lore 1, Occult 1, Survival 1

The Established Lunar is a few centuries old, and is typically a powerful warrior, regardless of caste.

Attributes: 10/8/7, +3 additional dots to allocate among Caste and Favored Attributes

Abilities: After noting all Training Abilities, the Established Lunar gets 10 dots to divide among his three Favored Abilities, then 30 more dots to spend as you see fit.

Backgrounds are the same as the Solars with 10 points to spend.

Charms: the Established Lunar gets 30 Charms and Knacks, and must have at least five of each, and 10 Charms must come from Caste or Favored Abilities

Virtues: You get 7 dots to divide among your Virtues, which can be raised to 4 at this stage without spending Bonus Points.

Essence: You begin at Essence 4

Bonus Points: 35, as per the 2.5 Errata.

Sidereals

You get 8 free abilities from Celestial Training: one dot in Bureaucracy, Presence, or Socialize, Lore 2, Occult 2, Ride or Sail 1, and two dots allocated among Archery, Martial Arts, Melee or Thrown.

Journeys: one dot in Athletics or Survival, Linguistics 1, Martial Arts 1, one dot in Ride or Sail

Serenity: One dot in Craft, Medicine, or Performance, Martial Arts 1, Presence 1, Socialize 1

Battles: Two dots in Archery Melee or Martial Arts, War 2

Secrets: One dot in Awareness or Investigation, one dot in Larceny or Socialize, Martial Arts 1, Stealth 1

Endings: One dot in Awareness or Dodge, Martial Arts 2, Stealth 1

Attributes: 10/8/7

Abilities: After noting all Training Abilities, the Established Sidereal gets 18 dots to divide among your Auspicious and Favored abilities, then 28 more dots to spend as you see fit.

Backgrounds are the same as the Solars and Lunars at 10

Charms: Starting out you get 30 Charms, at least 10 must come from Auspicious or Favored abilities

Colleges: 14 dots to spend among all the colleges, and at least seven of those dots must be placed within the five associated with the character’s Maiden

Virtues: 7 dots to divide among her Virtues, which can be raised to 4 without spending bonus points

Essence: You start at Essence 4.

Bonus Points: 35 as per the 2.5 Errata

All purchases of Sorcery or Necromancy Charms give the character one free spell of that Circle.

No Flaws. You have been an Exalt for the past 200 years; what flaws could you possibly have that you haven't dealt with already?

Merits are going to be ok'd on a case by case basis.

The Backgrounds of Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply are limited to a maximum of 3.

I will be using a fixed Xp Chart that I'll post in the Character's tab once I make up the board.

I have not yet decided on what criteria I'll be using to make my selections, but I'm willing to go with 6-8 players for this. It is not a 'first come, first served' basis, so those that see this thread later on are not out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Skari-dono]I would very much like to play, if there is room and if you'll have me.
I have an idea for Eclipse Merchant Prince and I've always wanted to play him as building a massive commerce empire.

[/QUOTE]
You are welcome to give me a submission, but remember, you have been in stasis for the past few thousand years. You will need to build your empire from the ground-up. You'll have plenty of things to work on, I promise.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]Can I play a Solar in this? Dawn preferred, but I suspect Esbilon is already a Dawn.
Alternately, I already have a First Age survivor Twilight concept going in another game...

[/QUOTE]
Either one is fine with me. Just give me a summary of a character idea; no need to go into too much work until I know who's in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back