• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reboot of Nightmares of the Second Age [Forum] [Dice]

Sherwood said:
Hmmm. I suppose I'll let you get the Wealth at 4, then. Its only money, and you can stockpile trade goods in various forms for a while. Does that help?
It does! :)

I'm not sure if I'll get Arsenal this time around, it doesn't really make much sense for a social-spec, and I didn't really get to use my combat skillz last time around.

Since we were from the deliberative, do we need to take the extra background dot to make things with a repair cost self-repairing, or is it just assumed we have the self-repairing versions, since it was naptime during the shogunate?

Just to make sure: is there anyone wanting to take a Dragon Blood as their main character? I'm not referring to a Follower/Ally, but as a PC. If so, I need to know soon.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Since we were from the deliberative, do we need to take the extra background dot to make things with a repair cost self-repairing, or is it just assumed we have the self-repairing versions, since it was naptime during the shogunate?

[/QUOTE]
You'll need to do some basic maintenance on your gear, but I'm not going to focus on that to excess. Don't worry too much about repair efforts. It may come up as a Plot Device later on.

I would love to take one as a Follower to replace my lost influence and followers from back when. I take it I can't have my Army still around, for example, all Terra-Cotta Style- so I'd replace that, and I wouldn't have Political Influence no more- so replace that.

So I might in fact take an Ally/Cohort Lt. Or something.

@Sherwood Got a character concept together. Pillar of Thunder is a zenith solar born in the south. Exalted through use of presence by shouting down a dragon blood governor in the midst of nearly flooding a city through use of The Lap. Shouted him down in a thunder storm long enough for the solar who ordered it to come to their senses out of limit break. As the first age went sideways she and her lunar mate (Varna's character) decided to wait out the inevitable result and rebuild a more stable and functional deliberative. She really didn't like the first, but maybe a second could be worked out...very carefully. Her reaction to the second age is less than cheery but if a dream turns to a nightmare and all you have is a shovel, start digging.

That's the short summary anyways.

Interesting. I'm making the forum now. It should be ready to receive character submissions shortly.

How do you feel about Allies that would have survied the ages without going into stasis with us? I'm thinking in particular about Celestial Gods, Demons and Lunar Mates.

Of course, it's hard to say how someone responds to a friend they knew for a few decades 1500 years ago showing up again.

My character concept has changed. She's still a killer secretary, but now her backstory can pretty much be summed up with; "We need a Sidereal to stay with those we place in stasis and protect them." "Send Atropos." "But...but she's such an asshole!"

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]My character concept has changed. She's still a killer secretary, but now her backstory can pretty much be summed up with; "We need a Sidereal to stay with those we place in stasis and protect them." "Send Atropos." "But...but she's such an asshole!" "Exactly."

[/QUOTE]
While this could potentially be fun, and makes a certain degree of sense; have an asshole in a group is rarely fun for the players.

It's more of a "holy shit, she is far too boisterous" than actual "insults everyone and PVPS" It's just, she doesn't really fit the "I know more than you do" image of viziers.

Oh wow, we're up to, what? 12 possible players? I might have to withdraw, then. I have a hard time focusing in games with more then 5 people, they get a little too nuts for me :(

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]It's more of a "holy shit, she is far too boisterous" than actual "insults everyone and PVPS" It's just, she doesn't really fit the "I know more than you do" image of viziers.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, ok. Looking forward to seeing what you mean in detail :)

JayTee said:
Oh wow, we're up to, what? 12 possible players? I might have to withdraw, then. I have a hard time focusing in games with more then 5 people, they get a little too nuts for me :(
Sherwood says it's just going to be 6-8 players, which isn't that many more than the original game, and you focused quite well in that one :)

Sherwood all I can say is that you sir, are the man. This went u what--12 hours ago and already you have 6 pages on the interest thread!!!! Impressive. This is what I get for sleeping, lol.

That said, can I get on the waitlist?

Hello!

I was informed by one of your other players that you were considering allowing faerie characters. If so, I'd love to get the chance to play a wyld thing in a group of solars! Concept wise, I'm thinking I took the long way to the second age -- a faerie who was bound by a solar in the first age, who survived the usurpation and has been hiding out ever since. Since the terms of the binding were technically never lifted, I'm still obedient to the old masters, but 1000 years is a lot of time to change, so I'm not quite the fawning servant I may have been before. RP wise it should put me on even footing with the others, and I can make faerie mechanics work in a party of solars (even if I certainly won't be the most powerful PC).

I have a few more details in mind, but does that work as an early concept?

I'm also looking forward to using my favorite siddie trick: Avoiding the Truth Technique, paired with sarcasm. "Yeah, I'm totally here to kill you, your boss, and, hell, everyone in your entire organization."

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]I'm also looking forward to using my favorite siddie trick: Avoiding the Truth Technique, paired with sarcasm. "Yeah, I'm totally here to kill you, your boss, and, hell, everyone in your entire organization."

[/QUOTE]
Lol don't steal my thunder--I have that in your game.

Esbilon said:
Sherwood says it's just going to be 6-8 players, which isn't that many more than the original game, and you focused quite well in that one :)
Huh, I must have missed that in the HUGE EXPLOSION OF POSTS that happened between when I went to bed and now. I'll withdraw my withdrawing, then. :tongue:

Sherwood said:
I have not yet decided on what criteria I'll be using to make my selections, but I'm willing to go with 6-8 players for this. It is not a 'first come, first served' basis, so those that see this thread later on are not out of luck.
On that note, Sherwood, have you decided what your criterion is?

Sherwood said:
I thought I had posted in the CharGen rules that everyone starts with Essence of 4, and I forgot to say that we will be using Solar costs for bonus points.
@Blackadder, @Varna, and @Action Replay - you still have a shot to get into this. I have not yet set up the board; will probably make it up later today or tomorrow, just depends on how lazy I feel.

Yes.
I'm a little confused. So does that mean me make our pitches when the board goes up?

>Playing a character with Pillar in the name

>Awakening from thousands of years of sleep to be unleashed upon the world as part of an ancient plot

>Over the top and silly world

Y'all better pray I don't wake up before the others or there will be jojo references like nothing else.

Esbilon said:
On that note, Sherwood, have you decided what your criterion is?
I'm going to play it by ear, see which submissions talk to me. Which makes it really hard, since this is a group of really good players here, and as much as I'd like to pick everyone, I have to draw a line somewhere.

Blackadder said:
I'm a little confused. So does that mean me make our pitches when the board goes up?
The board is up now, you should be able to see it. Go ahead and post your character and we will see who gets in the final mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back