• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Reboot of Nightmares of the Second Age [Forum] [Dice]

Did everyone jump on this while I was asleep. *sad panda*

If there's any chance, I want to do a Solar.... probably Twilight or Night.

Basically what I thought when I saw the alert then 3 pages already, @Blackadder . So a question for @Sherwood what essence does the character generation start at? I haven't seen it mentioned. I don't have any amazing character concepts off the top of my head as this is spur of the moment but I'll try to get something in within the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my friend brought this up and showed me the link. Don't suppose you've room for another lunar to add to the party do you?

@Sherwood has said that this will not be first-come-first-served, so everyone has an equal chance.

@Blackadder[/URL] . So a question for @Sherwood what legend does the character generation start at? I haven't seen it mentioned. I don't have any amazing character concepts off the top of my head as this is spur of the moment but I'll try to get something in within the day.
Chargen rules are here.

EDIT: I see that Sherwood is not actually using regular Established Solar chargen rules, and has not listed a starting Essence for them, so things are in principle up in the air. I would guess that we would start at Essence 4.

Also, since you are limiting the number of backgrounds we can take, does that also mean we cannot take Wealth, Panoply and Arsenal this time around?

Would we be using Solar BP costs?

Additionally, were Sidereals stuffed in the stasis box as well? And, if so, do they still suffer Arcane Fate, since they wouldn't have actively participated in breaking the Mask?

Well I'm gonna be a bit slow at finishing Aurora 2.0, but her main concept is still there, badass ice queen warrior and general of the North, ready to kick ass in the 2nd Age as she did in the 1st, with the notable of exception of changing her weapon of choice and the ridiculous DV from her first incarnation.

Haha I know right? But I bet Sherwood will have more fun throwing baddies at me that pose a real threat to Aurora.

I'm torn between Crystal Chameleon and Violet Bier of Sorrows. >_>

Are Sidereal starting ability dots without BP limited to three or by their essence?

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]Haha I know right? But I bet Sherwood will have more fun throwing baddies at me that pose a real threat to Aurora.

[/QUOTE]
That's what perfect attacks are for!

In all seriousness, I see what you're saying. Some kind of gentleman's agreement between ST and players as to the level of optimization might be beneficial to everyone. But to be fair, there aren't a lot of thigns out there that are supposed to be able to threaten a 200 years old Dawn Caste in single combat.

Esbilon said:
That's what perfect attacks are for!
In all seriousness, I see what you're saying. Some kind of gentleman's agreement between ST and players as to the level of optimization might be beneficial to everyone. But to be fair, there aren't a lot of thigns out there that are supposed to be able to threaten a 200 years old Dawn Caste in single combat.
Don't worry, I'm not gonna go and put a bullseye on Aurora's forehead (that's what Eclipses are for), but she'll still be a tough nut to crack.

Holy moley! Go to sleep for a few hours and teh thread explodes!

I've not spoken to my @Captain Hesperus about it but if we do this, then we'll probably do a Solar/Lunar bonded pair (how original, right? :) ) Something we've kicked around a bit was me being something like a Zenith who is so non-combatitve and the Lunar who is a fighting Changing. But we'd have to discuss it methinks.

One more question: can we raise backgrounds to 4 without spending BP, as per the Established Exalt rules?

Edit: I lied. Are there any forbidden backgrounds? (Backing, Allies, Celestial Manse, &c?)

I thought I had posted in the CharGen rules that everyone starts with Essence of 4, and I forgot to say that we will be using Solar costs for bonus points.

@Blackadder, @Varna, and @Action Replay - you still have a shot to get into this. I have not yet set up the board; will probably make it up later today or tomorrow, just depends on how lazy I feel.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]One more question: can we raise backgrounds to 4 without spending BP, as per the Established Exalt rules?

[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Regarding the essence, I was actually asking about abilities as it relates to Essence. Because Established siddies says "The most dots you can have in any Ability is five or an amount equal to the character’s Essence (whichever is higher)."

Yeah. You start with E4, and with the bonus point costs from the Solar chart, you can raise it up to as high as 6 if you go that route, letting you raise your stats and skills to 6, too.

[QUOTE="Unbridled Originality]Are there any forbidden backgrounds? (Backing, Allies, Celestial Manse, &c?)

[/QUOTE]
Any Background you have will need to be able to survive the two millennia of your down time in stasis. For example, you could have an Ally of a loyal Dragon Blood that went into stasis with you, but Command of some thousands of troops would be too much to hide away. Celestial Manse is good to go so long as it is under 3 dots. Any higher and there is too much competition for them among other Sidereals and gods.

Right, but I'm asking about ability limits, because base chargen sidereals are limited to 3 without BP, and Established Siddies are limited to 5 or their essence. I'm not asking about essence levels, lol.

What about using Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply to start with an ungodly amount of artifacts? And what about manses, are there limits to our ability to have those?

I would like Rose to get her Sign of Chaos V again if that's possible. This was a 5 dot Oramus manse watched over by a fearsome guardian.

And at the risk of sounding greedy, is there any particular reason we're starting with 18 bp rather than the 35 that is standard for Established Solars?

Esbilon said:
What about using Wealth, Arsenal and Panoply to start with an ungodly amount of artifacts? And what about manses, are there limits to our ability to have those?
I would like Rose to get her Sign of Chaos V again if that's possible. This was a 5 dot Oramus manse watched over by a fearsome guardian.

And at the risk of sounding greedy, is there any particular reason we're starting with 18 bp rather than the 35 that is standard for Established Solars?
Where do you see 35 bp for Established Solars? In my copy of DotFA, it says 15 bp, but the 2.5 errata changes that to 18 for everyone. You can start with various Artifacts and Manses as you wish with your 10 Background points you are getting and any bp you spend on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back