• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Re:dux

Having his body caressed in the darkness, to the accompaniment of a tuneless threat, gave Lull a sickening feeling. The image of whatever it was touching him was impossible to view, and its outline was hardly discernable through his sixth sense. He stepped away to throw his boot, and whatever-it-was stepped with him.

It was, somehow, so distracting that Lull barely registered the Zamantria... although his adrenaline reserves were so drained at this point that its form coming towards him did not scare him at all. It tired him out, it fatigued him. Death's jaws, and he was forced to step away from them.

Only when it was almost atop him did Lull actually register the Zamantria. Its course changed so suddenly Lull missed it in a blink, but then his body was being left alone. Mercifully.

He moved away immediately, feeling now a lot less confident than he had been; the loss of a boot, of one boot, had wrecked his mind. That was all he had. He could have been wandering around naked for all he cared, and felt completely confident if he was wearing both boots. Now he had one, he was lopsided, unstable, unsure. What would be the first thing he stepped in? Blood? Vile slimes? Oil? Phlegm from one of these... sparking creatures? How would losing one shoe help him to find Lois?

He'd take the other one off and use it as a weapon, then. Fine. So be it. Only he couldn't because Cody was next to him again. Telling him in a strict tone to move. As if Lull wanted to stay there in the first place.

"What the fuck do you expect me to do?! Every time I run I'm screwed, every time I don't run, I'm screwed! You said you'd take me to my sister and I don't fucking see her, you reprobate! Fuck you, I'm sick of this," Lull shook Cody off, now completely oblivious to the Zamantria and the creature, and simply bellowed his sister's name into the darkness.

Probably a bad move, he admitted to himself. But there was only so much pain he was willing to go through.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Mmmm what a deliciously rotund man. Luce licked his lips excitedly. He'd been correct in choosing to follow this trail after picking up on heavy footsteps soon as they caught his attention by pure happenstance. Not as heavy as many of the creatures down in the crater so had to be fresh blood. Or rather in this case, fresh supplies and lot of them. Not many came down prepared but this fool. Well, he could call his type a mile away.
The only true concern was another who had been dragging him around for possibly some time now? It was impossible to tell seeing as he arrived quite late to the scene. Real big brute. He'd have to crank his stun baton up high and try and go after him first if things went wrong.
Sticking to the shadows Luce followed them around quietly. Solely focused on his goal. Watching and waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Which did not take long with this motley crew. Particarly the man he had his eyes set on.
Clearing his throat he finally let his presence be known. At least, more to the large man now shouting his angst out into the dark.
"Lois?! D-did you just say Lois?" He feigned the shock and surprise with ease. Letting his forte for acting come forward. "How do you know her?!"
0stinato 0stinato Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

( MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf Pai Chan Pai Chan )

This man was now being irrational and had to be incompacitaed. Cody's left hand clenched into tight fist as he took a step towards Lull. He would knock him out for his own good. Just as the mammoth of a man pulled his fist back another voice chimed in.

Cody spun to face the new comer, aiming his weapon at the man's neck. "Halt," He said low and calmly, as to avoid grabbing the attention of the two creatures fighting in the dark, "I am a Project Black, Elite Solider. Before we have a friendlly chat we should get out of here."

He focused on the zamtria fighting the creature with one of his many eyes. The beast didn't seem to be fairing well from what he could tell in the dim light. The constant pounding of flesh and grunts could be heard radiating from the pair.

"If you know of a place we can reqroup, take us there, Now" HIs finger perched on the trigger with a half press.

In an instant, Lull's already-tar-black surroundings vanished. None of that mattered. His body swung round of its own accord, tensed and wrenched into action. Whoever he'd just saved from whatever was unnecessary, his swimming mind told him to focus on one thing and one thing only...

He stepped forward, ferociously grasping at the shape in front of him. There is the head, there is the neck, there are the shoulders, there is my chance.

"You c.unt!" Lull grabbed anything he could get hold of, using the weight now in his hand to launch himself at the new arrival. "Who the fuck are you?! What do you know of her?! Where the fuck is she?! Tell me!"

He was having none of it. To hear a voice question his - his! - relation to Lois so casually, how dare he. How do you know Lois, how do you know Lois! That wasn't the question. No, there were answers in that statement. Two surfaced. One made Lull tremble, and the other made him furious:

Possibly, this man, child, boy, creature, knew where Lois was, and knew her, but had left her alone somewhere.

Or:

Possibly, this man, child, boy, creature, did not know Lois, and was simply using the name Lull had shrieked into the blackness in order to... to... control him? To do something, certainly.

There was a hidden motive here. But that was as far as Lull's thought went.

"You better tell me exactly where she is, or I'll rip your head from your shoulders and spit in your neck, do you understand me?!"

At this point, Lull didn't doubt his own strength - he could do that if he wanted. Even if it was delirium, he could do that.

If he wanted.

Axeykins Axeykins Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Last edited:
"Now now no need for that sort of thing." Luce carefully flicked the safety off of his baton as he raised his hands in the air. "I agree and will comply that we sh-" The tiny man fell back as the full weight of the fat one hit him like a ton of bricks. It was easy to be tossed around when you were thin as a toothpick and vertically challenged. Even more of a shock was the feeling of hands holding onto him firmly via the neck.
"Hoooo there big fella. You could at least pay for it first." He mused. Before quickly clearing his throat to a more, correct and friendly and calming frequency. Something to try and ease the mind. "There's no need to get violent so fast. I only ask as I've met a Lois down here before. She's spoken of family before and it's an awful big coincidence to simply hear her name screamed to the rooftops. Not in a place like this. Curiosity getting the best of me I couldn't help but to investigate for her." He shrugged. Trying to shift to a position where he could breath easier. "Why don't we get out of this area first like that fellow suggested and off of my throat so we can talk easier eh? Whatdya say?"
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq 0stinato 0stinato

He wasn't near fast enough to avoid this one aimed directly at him properly. Nor did he see it in time. The bright flash of it screwed with his sensors. Sending them into a frenzy as they struggled to adjust from the pitch black of their surroundings to near bright as day as the bright ball of whatever the hell it was nicked his shirt. Rather than some simple flame as he expected this stuff stuck too him. It felt heavy like some sort of slime at first, then he felt the burning. Oh god how he felt the burning.

Letting out a loud scream he immediately attempted to brush off the flames like anyone would do in such a situation, but oh how bad of an idea that was. It only seemed to make them spread further and even some onto his hands. None of his other injuries mattered anymore as the poor man desperately tried to get rid of the burning in one of the most frantic and fear filled flaming strip teases of his life. Running off deeper into the darkness of the abyss around them in reckless abandon.
Pai Chan Pai Chan MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf Jeda Teq Jeda Teq
1520066468360.png
Charlotte was thankful for Sisceal saving her life but then whatever creature fired at her turned its attention towards the man. He wasn't hit directly but the projectile still nicked his shirt and caught fire. It was then that Charlotte looked on in surprise how the man seemed to react. All of the basics of what to do when on fire seemed to fly out the window. He just screamed and ran around like a fool. Sure, it would likely cause a distraction for the immediate threat but it might also attract others.

Charlotte pulled out her combat knife and quickly made her way towards Sisceal. She whipped her hand across his face just to give him enough shock to stop him from moving for a second. The girl then quickly cut at his ablaze shirt and then tore it off from him before throwing it to the ground. Before the fabric even hit the ground Charlotte already had her hands back on her weapon and scanning the area for anymore movement, waiting to blow away whatever was trying to harm them.

As Sisceal bolted and scream the creature underground burrowed behind him through the soft dirt. The moment Sisceal stopped it poked its slender nose out from the ground and pulled it's torso out. The creature resembled a large mole with lizard like features. It was hard to see in the dark until the skin under its neck began to glow orange and swell. Using its large forelegs it lifted its head up prepping for another shot.

Pai Chan Pai Chan Axeykins Axeykins

The slender bipedaled creature jumped over the lizard and slammed its foot ontop of its head. With a loud thump the snarls of the zamantria was silenced as its jaw was forced shut as it it the ground. Standing on its head the mysterious creature grabbed the organ metal fins of the lizard and began to pull at them. One in each hand.

Panicked the zamantria began to unleash uncontroled electricity. Flashes of light began to light up the area and arc through the creatures body. However it seemed unphased. Its grip on the fins grew tighter and it began to let out an ear splitting scream.

The intensity of the noise dropped Cody to his knees holding his head to dampen the noise. His hearing augmentations were amplified the noise in his ears.

Suddenly the screaming and flashes of light subsided with the grotesque noise of flesh being ripped apart. The slender creature had pulled the fins from the Zamantira's back. It then took one of the fins and shoved the narrow end into the back of the Zamantria's neck. It then looked at the trio. Small arcs of electricity still arcing on its body, highlighting its sillouhette.

Cody's head felt numb and dazed. Everything seemed to go completly silent and his eyes were still adjusting from the sudden change of light.

0stinato 0stinato Axeykins Axeykins

View attachment 407874
Charlotte was thankful for Sisceal saving her life but then whatever creature fired at her turned its attention towards the man. He wasn't hit directly but the projectile still nicked his shirt and caught fire. It was then that Charlotte looked on in surprise how the man seemed to react. All of the basics of what to do when on fire seemed to fly out the window. He just screamed and ran around like a fool. Sure, it would likely cause a distraction for the immediate threat but it might also attract others.

Charlotte pulled out her combat knife and quickly made her way towards Sisceal. She whipped her hand across his face just to give him enough shock to stop him from moving for a second. The girl then quickly cut at his ablaze shirt and then tore it off from him before throwing it to the ground. Before the fabric even hit the ground Charlotte already had her hands back on her weapon and scanning the area for anymore movement, waiting to blow away whatever was trying to harm them.
( MahoganyLeaf MahoganyLeaf too)

"Don't you fucking play with--"

Some horrendous shriek split Lull's brain in two. For seconds, he was disorientated; falling, landing, being pulled apart and having his body forced back together again, inside out, in space, beneath the sea - where? Where? - and then he was back, knelt on top of some humanoid shape. Sudden sparks of light lit up the person, though colour was difficult to make out. Lull just about realised the shape and identity of the weapon in the man's grasp, and it was a rather threatening one.

Sure, it might look like an adult toy of some kind, but it had the potential to kill. Though, to be honest, it didn't scare him further. Cody could kill him. The two beasts fighting could kill him. His own body could kill him.

None of the threats of death got into his head though; the noise had brought out fear in the big man. Breathing was hard, and he was sweating badly all of a sudden.

Lull moved sideways, away from everything as much as he could, and slowly raised himself to his feet. The lack of one boot didn't help the feeling of uncertainty. He suppressed the desire he had to be sick, swallowing hard and putting his hands to his face.

All he wanted was Lois.

"Take me to her, just take me to her. Take me to her now," he said, though he was convinced he was saying it to himself more than anyone else. "Take me to her. Take me to her. Tell me she's okay, prove she's okay, let me take her back. She's not yours. She's not fucking yours. Just take me to her."

He should have brought Ema with him, that was his mistake. Should have persuaded her down into this hellpit with him. She was just as bad at keeping a level head, but she had weapons training, fury and rage on her side. Lull had the fury, and sometimes the range, but he was not so level-headed in his execution. Would Ema just barrel into someone and demand to know where Lois was? No, she'd at least look to see if he had a weapon first.

Be more like Ema, he thought. Judge a situation.

He forgot that as soon as he saw Cody on his knees, seemingly slightly dazed too. Lull marched over, raised his foot and slammed it into Cody, not caring where he hit. Unfortunately, Cody's body was not only strong, his armour was too, and Lull hardly did anything. Still, it wasn't damage he was trying to do - it was a kick out of principle... a desperate attempt to regain some control. He couldn't control the zamantria, he couldn't control whatever the thing was on top of it, the man who knew Lois' name had a weapon, and Cody was... vulnerable for a second. How could a man resist?

"Get the fuck up, on your feet, come on, cockbreath, get up! Do your fucking job!"

Axeykins Axeykins Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Sisceal continued to scream as his seared flesh stung. Swiftly sticking his hands into the soft dirt t extinguish the last of the flames as soon as his shirt was cut loose. It was the only way to suffocate the flames of the sticky substance form the creature that had coated him.

He was helpless when the beast reared it's ugly head again. There was no way he could get to his gun again in time let alone pick it up with how much they still burned. "w....we have to run. There is no way we can face these things in the dark! Hell, we don't even know if bullets will do anything to them!"
Pai Chan Pai Chan

"Playing? I swear to you that my only intention is to h--

h̛̼̱̣͙̜̹̫ͣͦ̓̒̓͑̂̍̓́͠͠ê͌ͥ̿̔͆̇ͣͣ͑͌̒ͤ̾͏̸̡̨̻̰͈̲̮̜̭̪͇̱̟̗̮͉͔̗l̷̛̰͉͕̟͍̩̦͖ͩͨ͂̅̎̊͊͂̓ͥ͒̇̀͢͢ͅṕ̡̯̘͙̥̼̄ͨ̃̇̾͛̅ͬ͆͗ ̷̴̣̟̙̯͔̹̙̯͚̞͔͍̺̜͔̊͗ͣͬ́̂ͩ̒̿͢͝ͅy̡͎̥̪̯͍̞̯̿ͥ͆ͦ͌̀̐ͭͬ̌̃́͡͡o̪̟̻̲̙̥̗͈̟̭̰͚̗̙͇̭͋̐̑ͬͬ̑̒̔ͦ̌̀͢ͅư̷̧̤͈͇̮̳̻͎̞̺̪͕̓̓̇̀͂ͪ̾͐̿ͨͮ̆́̐́͡.̎ͥ̾͒͛͂̐ͦ͌̃͒͌̀̑̚҉̢͔̘̰͉͍̱̳͈̫̺̫̱̹̟̟.̨̛̹̺͇͉̲̬̜̜̫̋̈́ͩ͐̽͑ͭ̃̓ͧͯͩ̏͊̀.ͦͤ̔ͥ̽̑̄̔ͦ̃̀̍̀ͪͫ̄͛͏͎̬̟̟͖͖̰͕̱̤̝̝̩͘ͅͅ.ͮ̏̌͗ͪ͐͊͂̈͛̏̚͏̗̮̙̬̩́͠͞ͅ.̸̛̠͓̤͔̮̗͖̦̥͎͎͉͕̖͙̪͇̺̙ͧ̀͌̅̐͐́̕͠Ḙ̶̢̨͉̪̺͖̲̣̖̰̱̫͉̘̹̆̍̄̊͑̽ͦ͒͛ͮ̇̒̓̆͆̽͑̚͞͞Ŗ̗̳̩͔̟͇̮̭͉̓ͣ͒͒ͥ̚͢͡͝͝R͕̟̲̭͚͛͆̈͊̎̓̒̓̋͛͟ͅͅƠ̴͍͎͙̥͔̯̲͚̹̲̟̲̝̞̠̰͕̂̆ͫ̿̆̒̉̄ͮ͊̓͌̀͘͝R̴ͮ̀͒̇ͭ̇ͧͧ̏̀̅̀̆̃̓̆҉̢͏̖̱͉̻.̵̄̆ͩ͌ͧͧͬ̀̑͗͂͢҉̘͔̥͈͕̦͈̖̘̻͈̹̠̩̤͢ ̵͍̜̗̹̮̦̼̙̼̈̑̔̑̎̓̄̆̐̄̈̇̂͆̊̈ͮ̕͠͞͡E͙̘̳̦͎̭̦̬̱͎̤̗̪̊ͧ͂̌ͣ̉̚͢͠͠͡R̔̏ͬ̊ͧ́̃̆́̓̏̿͊͗ͮ̍̕͟͡҉̮͖̳̀ͅR̵̹̜͔̪̺̫̗̹̭͖̗̦̭̲̼̞͎ͫͪͤͭ́̂̾̌͋̒̿͑͊̔́ͦ́͜͜O̴̳͔̯͚̻͂ͥ͛̈̓̂́ͯͨͮ̈́̽ͮ̋̆́ͪ͡R̵̴̸̸̬̳̝̭͚̿̏̽̚͘,͑͑ͬ̾ͣ̅̄̒ͭͤ̄ͪ̾͛ͦͬͯ͑͏̸̱͉̳͓̙̤͉̰̼̮̰̬̩̹͓͔̰̦ ̷͓̯͓̖̮̟̭̺̻̹̄̔ͪ̓ͦͫ̉̓͗ͭ̀m̅̍̈́̎ͨ͋͂̊ͮ̌̚̕͏̶̲̰͖̤̣͓̜͍̥͢͞ụ̸̗̟̬̙͎̲̟̘̻̬̳̬̤̰̯̻ͯͯ̌̀̑̃̊ͭ̀͢͢͜ļ̴̷̣͔̭ͩ͊̽ͩt̎̐́͆͏̼̮̗͕̳̳͘͢͢i̧ͧ͐ͫ̐̍͗̈ͫ͗̒͛͂͛̿̇́̚͘҉͓͇̬̫̗͖͔p̸̛̱̦̙͕͍̫̺͖͇͓̼̦̖̠̰̰̯̩̉ͩ̇̽ͪ̿̂̓ͪͯ͊͋̆̆̏̍ͣ͐͡͡ͅl̊̈́̅ͩ̅̑ͤ̄́̅҉̨̞̟̣̣͈͍̜̠̤͘͟͟ȩ̛̛̮̲̲̳̼̖̹̥͔͉̰͎͚̞ͬ́͆̈ͮ͋̉̐ͤ̊̆ͤ̏͗̓̓͆͊ͅ ͦ̇̽ͮ͛̾ͭ͡͏̡̦̯̦̤̩̝̳͍͚̥̘͓̯̠̱̰͡s̢̥̖̝̭̲̘̳̩̣̮͈̠̭̹̳̬̖͎̃̐ͩ̔̃̌̕͞͞ͅy̷̲̦̺̳̘̮͖̺̥͓̖̓̌ͫ̓̐̾̌̈́ͭͣ̀͡s̶̛ͫͩ̓̈̐̉̔̄̽͛̌̐͜҉͚̪̙̘̦̦̳̹̙̙ͅt̴̪̺̹͔̪̪̹̐̽̆ͨ̍̐͋ͦ̃ͥͦ́͢͞͠e̵̿ͬ̈́̃҉̮̜͖͈̰̗̪̠͢m̸̧̨͔̩̟̠͔͚̥͚̝̪̣͔̣̫͎̦̑ͮͭ̿̈̐̓̌͐ͩ ̲͔͉̺̿̌͂͐̈́̇ͮ̎̓͟f͎̘̪͓̮͓͉̂ͦ͗ͦͨͧͪ̇̇̊̎̄̎͂̕͡ȧ̵̙̩̰̻̹̤̱͕̫̻͇̞̟͔̩̼̝ͭ͛̈ͣ̾ͪͨ̇ͥͯ̽͌̐̚̕͝͞i̷̷̫̗̲̟͈̲̱͚̭̠̠̺͎͎͔̼͐ͦͯ͛ͨ̃̓̈́̚͠͝ͅl̉̔ͫͭ̈́̓̄͋́͏̡҉͔̭̹͕̩̲̭̪̰͉̥̪̬̼̯ͅư̢͖̥͇̰͍̫͙̱̲̱͚͔͙͍͛̊ͭ̉̿ͥͭͨ̇ͥ̿ͧͬ̇́ͪ̃͊́̀ͅrͧ͂͐̑̎̈́҉̴̺̳̞̻̬̫̟͍̼͉̥̰͕̠̦̻͡͞e̋̒̾́̅ͪ͌̊̽ͬ͌̅͊̍̂̏̉̚͏҉̨̞̖̝̪̮͖͚s̃͑ͦ̑̚҉̝̲̪͔̝̯̬̞͔̲͕̦͙.͓̘̩̫̋̽̃̍͢ ̧͙̲̫̗̲͈̮͔̦̖̜̞͕̗̮̞̻̋̆ͦ̈̉ͣ͛ͯ͐̐̽ͮͫ̀̚͢ͅS̡̮̣͚͈͔͍̟̬̐͑̋̌ͥ̅̈̚͢o̵̧͖͕̬̹͎͙ͣ̽͗ͮͩͥ̊̾̄ͩͯ̇̋͑ͫ̏̀́̕f̷̧̧̜̘̱͓̊̑̿̎̍̄ͥ̎ͯͤ̓͋̓̍̄̈́̚͠t̑̅ͣ̌ͬ͗̓ͮͨͧ͟͠͝͏͏̟̩͉̪̭͙̫̫͓̟̙ ̋̿̓̂̃̅̒̃̈ͤ̑̕҉̫̫̲̝̮̩̹͖̱̟̥͖ͅŕ̵̢̢̧͓̝͚̬͕͓̙̠̗̱̲̱̮̦̓̊ͥ̈̇̐̚̕e̓̌ͨ̊̓̽͏̧͚̱͙̳̝͉́b̧̧͇͙̪̰̱̰͈̺̖̗̰̀̍̐̈ͮ̋͛ͤ̿̓ͭ͐̄͝o̴͉̥̥͖̤̦̳̭̖̒̎͒̃͆̍̎̐̈́ͨ͂͊͠ͅơ̦̮̟̤͚̞̻̮͈̖̣͔̤͓̺̲̞̪͊ͬ͌ͬͭ͘t̶ͩ̓͊ͤ͋̓̌͌̊͐̃̆̑ͥ͗͛͗̆҉̴̧̝̜̲̫͓̹̦͎̟͎̤̪̗̪̟i̪̺͎͚͇̟͍̣̝̪̘̫̺͖̠̫̼̍ͣ̑̐́͟nͯ̀̎̈́̕͏̖͎͖̻g̵̴̢̥̝͔͓̗̫̩̤̫̣̾̌ͦͣ̈͆̑́̚͘ ̸̡̻̗̬̤͓̺͎̭̭̬ͤ̄̉̊̐ͤ̈́ͯ̐ͫ̔͛̆̃͆̀̀̀p̵̧̧̙͕̬͖̮̬͈͈̭̲͉̱͔̱̳̄͐͒̏́̑͌̇̐̏̉ͥ́͝͠ͅr̺̼̝̺̞͇̯̫̼̺̲͕̩͇͖̠̥̋̓̊̈́ͩ̎̽̽͆͐̌̈́͢ó̶̞͈̠͈̠̼̘̳̳̟̺̮̲̼͙͕̼̯̇͛̋ͅt̟̬̗̦̮̤̹̱̥̳̳͎͚̦̻̬͍͕̮́͛ͪͣͤ̚͝ó͚͙͖̬ͨ̒͗̚̚̕͢c̨̼̘̫̱͙̟̺̭̯ͬ̃̐̿͆̇̽͐́o̵̶̵͓̪͍̮̟̱̤̝͕̎̂̂͑̄̐̅͘͝l̸̨̨̥̣͍̳̤͎̝̺̬͎͎̻̖̱͙̩͓̹͉͐͛ͤ̊̓ͤ̅́̀ś̡̛͓̭̣̤͐͒̆͘ ̧̙̗̖̫̮̘̥͚͖̱̤̩̠̘̗͔͈ͣ͋ͬ͊ͣͭ̇͞ͅi̴̡̝̤̫͎̦̟̜͎͒̓ͣ̈̽̎̽̒ͧͪ̽̃͂̚͟͢ņ̰̥͖̠̠͔̼͔̟̦̬̬̪ͭ͒̍̃ͪ̀ͯ͆ͫ̾ͭͭͨ͐ͫͦ̿̍́͘͟͡ͅi̷̢͙͚̫̭̭̝̖̟̩̪̼͖͈̹̯̤͎̐̔ͬͤ͛ͯ̐̿̀͗͋ͥ̑̾́̕͜ͅͅt̡̗̱̦̒ͩ͆͒̈́̂͐ͪ̋̃̆̓͋̔͆̀̀̕i̡̮̣̰̠̯̦̼̪͌͊̚͘͜͠͡a̧͚͍̰͎̭̙̟͎͕͖ͫ̎͆̒ͭ̂̈́̎̈́̌̿ͧ̏̐̒̏͗̅͢͜͝͝t̷̿̃̂ͯͥ̍̂́ͬ̄ͬ͗ͦ͒͠҉̟̯̭̹͕͎̝̥͖͔̯̥̜͍̯̦̣͘͢e̡͉͈̜̱̟̯̪̠̰͓̰̟̥̭̫̪̓̌̓̓͗̆̂̍̀͒͆̆͊͐ͭ̄͐́̀͢d̷̢̡̞̩̼͚̯͕̹̩̼͙̩̜͋̾͗ͪͮ͛ͥͪͧ͂͟ͅ.͊̿̎̊́͏̨͈͇͖̗͉̼͢.Oͤ͌ͩ̄ͤͬͤ͐͊ͮ̆̾̈ͤͩͪ́͏̢̞͈̲͉̘͙̭̙p̷̡̠̲̝͖͖͓͎̗̘̖̲̬̩̜̤̺͖̈́̋̋ͥ̑ͤ̕̕t̐ͮ̈́̿̌̎͢͏̸̣̹̘̲̱̠̠̳̣̹̭̟̳̀͘i̶̡̨̩͔̞̣̞̭̹̹͉̝̟̬̇̊̽͌͗ͭ̓ͤ͂̓͌̌ͦ̇͂͌́̚c̨̛̼̺͚̹̱̠͍͉͉̮̥̝ͨ͒̃̈́ͪ͆́͢a̶͈̤̗̫̬̘ͤ͋͌̋̈́ͣ̓͗ͫͪ̏̎̓͌̀̀͡l̢̧̳̘̮̩̑̐̊̂ͧͪ͆̄̽ͫͪ͂͛͂̓̒.̛̛̝̦͚̞̰͈̙͍̤̞̬̼̭̿̇̿͂ͦ̇̔̇̈ͮ̑̏̓̄ͫ͒̈́.̶̣̼̟̻̬͖̳͙̟̌ͪ͋ͤ̍͛͌͛̉́͘͢.ͦ͊͑͌͐͒́̒͏̸́͝͏̲̠̪̘͔̠͇A̶̶̡̡͓̦͕̬͈ͩ͗̃͋ͤ͛̽̊ͪ̈͛͐ͣ̔̓ͪͨ̐͌́ͅuͦ̂̎̃̃͐̄̒̂ͮ̃͌͊҉̷̧̣̩͇̙̣̗̜̪͉̤͍̠̘͎͇̀d̵̶̴̔̋̈́ͭ͏̹̼̜̤͡ḯ̓̌̓̽͆ͦ͗҉̜̠̤͉͕̱͙̻̞̬̜̠̲̖͓ơ̄̉͒̂̇̅̆̍͑̏͂̓̀͡͏̞̞̪̮̼̠͇

As the horrendous shrieking of the beast tore through the air and light levels fluctuated severely without warning, his voice grew distorted and disgusting. Haunting noises of the 56K sparking from his parted lips as he gripped the ground tightly in pain. His blackened out eye flashed to life with lines of code and static as his worn down systems were unable to keep up and thus overloading. Forcing them into a temporary state of recalculation and rebooting to keep up.

Luce fumbled around to find the others near him as slowly but surely his vision returned to him first. Set to be one of the first systems to be fixed in case of emergency situations such as these. After motor skills of course but those were more finely guarded against sudden minor system shocks.
0stinato 0stinato Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

1521703721468.png
"w....we have to run. There is no way we can face these things in the dark! Hell, we don't even know if bullets will do anything to them!"

Even as Sisceal spoke Charlotte kept her eyes darting around looking for anything moving. The creature had a flammable projectile. So it was something like a dragon. Something that held a combustible ability. That meant if it formed the heat from within itself then Charlotte's eyes should be able to see the heat source using her cybernetic eyes. Even if she only saw the creature as it spit the projectile, as long as it was within her field of vision she's get a shot.

It was moments later that Charlotte got her wish. The creature came out to fire another shot and a bright orange shape appeared a little to her right. It was a good distance away. At least out of any type of melee range. But Charlotte had a gun.

The girl shoved Sisceal out of the way and then immediately went to a crouching position. Just as the molten liquid flew over her head she fired at the beast. The screeching of the creature meant she hit her mark. The shape wasn't moving anymore and Charlotte carefully walked towards it. She had to get a look at what they were facing.

"It's down." Charlotte called out to Sisceal as she knelt down to inspect the creature. It looked reptilian in some sense. But it was hard to make out its color in the dark. Also the gunfire seemed to rip a good chunk of it to hell. It was a small creature which meant the bullets from her RCP would do more damage. It seemed to have some type of hard coating but Charlotte didn't think it'd be anything to worry about unless there were larger, adult, versions of it.

"I agree to getting out of here. I'm sure the noise we made drew attention. And we'd be lucky if this is the worst we'd have to face down here. But something tells me this is just the start. Let's move." Charlotte went back to following the trail she was originally on. She hopped to not come across to much opposition that would take the kind of firepower that her primary weapon gave. She didn't have tons of ammo for that. She had her pistol that used thermal clips. It fired a type of plasma-like ammunition but nothing compared to reliable hard shell rounds.

It was likely the closer they got to finding what Charlotte came to this forsaken hole for the more dangerous the place would become. And if they made it, what was Charlotte going to do with Sisceal? He already seemed like dead weight due to his actions a crises situation. Charlotte would probably have to put him down. Even if he did save her from taking a direct hit by that molten projectile. She didn't know if her employer would like it if an outside party knew what she had come down for. Charlotte would just have to try and keep it a secret. If he found out? Well, Charlotte knew what to do.

The metal fin scraped against the ground as the tall being moved towards Cody and the two civilians. Bright sparks of electricity arching randomly on its body contrasted the dark of the night. With each step it swayed side to side.

"Get the fuck up, on your feet, come on, cockbreath, get up! Do your fucking job!"
A light tap on the chest and rude words helped pull Cody back to reality. He shook his head and propped up to one knee, "You Idiots, we need to mo..." His words were silenced with a metal fin smacking into the back of his head. Cody's massive body went limp and flew through the air like a rag doll, landing about twenty feet away.

Before Lull stood the very being who saved him from sudden death a few minutes ago. It extended its hand to caress his cheek once more. "Beau-alkdfj TI-ful!"

0stinato 0stinato Axeykins Axeykins

Sisceal clenched his eyes tightly and gripped the sides of his head. Trying to close himself off from the world around them for a moment. Even if brief he needed a moment to escape. Collect himself. Taking in a deep breath he opened his eyes and quickly stood. Nodding in agreement and not spending one more second waiting to see what was going to happen next in this death trap.

"D...don't move so fast." He huffed and puffed as his legs struggled to keep up with her. Skin burning around his spinal cybernetics as they strained to keep up adjustments. "Please tell me you know where to go now? or have some vague idea. Don't care if it means following you around like a lost puppy or doin whatever it takes. I just wanna go home, back to my little girl, quit the force and move as far away from this goddamn mess of a city as possible. This whole town is nothing but a bomb waiting to go off and take everything with it." He walked in silence for a moment. "So....exactly what kind of agent or officer are you? Never seen you around the offices or any scenes. Hell, I've only caught glimpses of people in your type of uniform here and there across the city and get death stares for lingering too long. Who are you exactly?"
Pai Chan Pai Chan

Last edited:
"F̕ͅF̸̛͚̱̰̖͍͉̩͡ͅF̜̙̺͚̩U̸̱̳C̵͎͖̹̙͔͔̣̯K̙͖̤̰̯͍̕ ̷͕̗̭̗̰͢O̶̷̥̙̬̰̘F͚͈̦͠F̤̯̼̬͚̳̹͘!̶̧̻͕͚"

With the flick of a switch he let loose the safety on his baton. Bringing the thunderous rod to life with a loud
snap. He couldn't tell who this freak was causing issues now but he was damn tired of it. And not going to let them ruin his chances of making a profit out of this.
Gaining a good bit of speed he charged at the large target, wile aiming at the even larger one harassing them now. Whipping his baton around in his hand and jamming it forward into whatever nook or cranny he could find through the dark and distortion.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq 0stinato 0stinato

Nothing was making much sense, and it seemed even physics had abandoned the crater. With Cody's body being flung who-knew-where in the darkness, Lull's only protection was lost in the darkness. Some faint impulse assured Lull the man - man? - was alive, but that was nothing to be reassured about. He barely had time to turn his scowl elsewhere before his face was once again molested by the tall creature.

His body seized up at the touch, so unnatural it felt against his skin. What was there to do against this? It claimed he was beautiful, in some distorted way, so Lull could only assume it could see in the dark. In fact, everyone here could see in the dark... except him. Well, he had something they didn't and it was his only means of survival by now. With an impulse came a reflex. Faster than the eye could process. He didn't move for a few seconds while the hand touched his face but, as his breathing slowed, his mind quickened. Agitated muscles caused his body to tremble, with only his scowl staying static.

And speaking of static...

A snap, a flash, a threat.

Lull's body jerked away, his mind only catching up after the fact. Electricity, some powerful, concentrated energy, quick as a curse, snapping and cracking in one split-second. And Lull had no doubts that electricity could rend a man's body in half, if it was treated right.

But he was on the ground, he'd stumbled in his body's haste to leap away. With the crack came a flash of light, a snapshot of the darkness. Cody had a rifle. He just had to get to it.

That was it, it was the man's baton, that's what it was. Still too close. Still far too close. Lull pushed himself away and up, with only his reflexes to thank that the baton was not--

His right hand shot spiking bolts of agony through his mind. He'd stumbled, that was true, and he'd fallen, all his weight going to his hands as he went to save himself. He'd fucked his hand. One reflex had got him initially out of the way of the baton, another had seen his hand in agony.

He kept moving, forcing all his effort to his legs. Get out of range of that baton, he might still go for you if he thinks you're a threat.

But his hand, he had no idea what he'd done to it. His palm was the area of the most intense pain, a piercing pain, a dirty, jagged pain. He did not scream, but he hissed, he grunted, he forced his hand between his left arm and his torso. It worsened the pain, and soon there was the blood staining him, but it was stable.

Lull's body was honed against pain. He could see through it, he had the spacial awareness to keep going despite pain. But he'd never experienced something like this before. Shock attempted to grapple him, all his head was doing was telling him to stop. It was imperative he didn't though. Even if the blood and the pain would do him in, even if his own sweat stung the wound just to add more shit to the pile.

His mind swore. His body took steps.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Axeykins Axeykins

1520066468360-png.407874

Charlotte kept walking as Sisceal spoke. There were only two things that were spinning around her thoughts at the moment. One was wondering how many unknown creatures lurked around the area. If they were small like the one before then there wouldn't be too much to worry about as long as she kept her eyes focused for any temperature changes. But if there were other abnormal creatures with different methods of attacking their prey then that would be a problem.

The other thought was whether or not she should shoot the man and continue on her way. As they were walking, it became apparent that Sisceal was having a hard time keeping up. And he showed he wasn't much good in a combat situation.

As the two continued on Charlotte ignored his questions. She rather focus on any potential threats than distract herself with answering. After a little while Sisceal stopped and the two walked in silence. Going down one tunnel here, and making another turn there. Then he questioned who she was and she instinctively stopped walking. He nearly walked into her when she turned to face him.

"The reason you get those death stares is because you ask too many questions. You're too curious. In my line of work that can get you killed." Charlotte then slowly started to circle Sisceal and looked him over while she did so. "I'm here for a reason so of course I know what I'm doing and where to go." When the girl got back to the front of Sisceal she looked up into his eyes with a fierce stare.

"If you want any chance of making it out of here and to your kid then I'd suggest you pick up some slack because right now you have me to worry about as much as any creature lurking about. The only reason I haven't put a bullet in you is because you'd make for a pretty good distraction if something attacked us again."

Charlotte broke eye contact as she stepped back and looked Sisceal up and down one last time. "What's wrong with you anyway? You seem to be slowed down by something."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

H2O
Luce's baton slammed into the large humanoid's body. There was no give. The the patch-worked cyborg nearly crashed into his target. The beast of a man pulled his hand back and swung it with great force. Wind swooshed by Luce's face as the fist stopped mere centimeters from him. An awkward warmth radiated from the hand and tingled Luce's cheek. The dim red glow in in the right eye socket of the creatures visible skull flickered and turned green. "Lu...Lu, S-sorry. N-nev..er... Land. Lu-Lu" The jagged pole in its elbow shot out. Despite the shock surging through its body the beast of a man seemed to move unhindered. In one quick motion his fist raised into the air and brought his elbow down towards Luce's head.

Axeykins Axeykins 0stinato 0stinato

Cody
Dirt stained his teeth and his tongue was tainted with the bitter powder. Regaining consciousness he could feel his heart thumping. For the first time in a long time the massive man felt the flight of the fight or flight response. He rose up to his knee holding his head. His ears were still ringing from the impact. He made sure to grab his weapon off the ground before getting up.

The soldier moved quickly but quietly. Making his way behind Lull and placing a supportive hand on his back. "Keep moving. We can't save your friend if we're both dead." he whispered.

0stinato 0stinato

Outer Ring - Charlotte and Sisceal
Charlotte broke eye contact as she stepped back and looked Sisceal up and down one last time. "What's wrong with you anyway? You seem to be slowed down by something." About twenty yards behind the injured man and approximately four yards up something shimmered in the ambient light on top of a pile of rubble.

Pai Chan Pai Chan

"It's my job to ask questions and seek answers. I'm a detective, which is also why I've seen people like you around some of the sites we've been at." He admitted. With how she was eyeing him down and general attitude it was safe to assume that no matter how he presented himself the risk of getting shot was high. Hell she even admitted the only reason she hadn't already was to keep a meat shield nearby.

"Oh how nice of you." He grumbled. Making sure to return the look she had been giving him. "I can pull my own weight just fine. If you'd give me a minute to recover. It's not exactly easy to spring back from being beaten and tossed into this crater you know? Then on top of that attacked by those things back there." He tucked his throbbing hands under his armpits. "Everything hurts, my cybernetics are damaged and I've got no idea where I am or much before meeting you two officers down here. So it would be much appreciated if you gave me a damn minute to try and find some semblance of composure." One could almost see the attitude dripping from his tone. "Look, I'm not incompetent and I've taken bullets and blades and God knows what else in the past and kept going. Try to take me out already if you think I'm going to be nothing more than a hindrance! But I can guarantee I'll be of some use as a second set of eyes or backup. Or do you really think you can make it through this mess all on your own? Trained as you may be, if the rumors of this place are true even you won't make it far."
Pai Chan Pai Chan

That warmth. That disgusting, familiar warmth. It made Luce freeze in his tracks. Staring up wide eyed at this thing only inches away from him. Horrific shadowed images dancing across his mind coming into focus. The object of all his nightmares made corporeal again.
"No. N-no. Get...get away from me." He breathed in anxiously. His breath hitching in his chest. This couldn't be real. This beast was supposedly long gone. Nothing but a fairy tale. The aging star fumbled backwards. Barely saving himself from a direct attack to his head, but nowhere near avoiding feeling the near full impact of the blow. Sending his circuits into a flurry storm of errors and blackouts as it knocked the wind out of him entirely.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Outer Ring - Charlotte and Sisceal
"There is a time and place for your questions. Do it in the wrong place and you turn the heads of the wrong people." Charlotte nodded her head as Sisceal explained what he had gone through. But she didn't like the attitude he was throwing out. It was like he forgot she could simply shoot him and leave his screams of agony as a distraction. But if what he went through was true then maybe the man needed to vent. So Charlotte stayed silent and listened. After he asked his final question Charlotte took a moment to think. Then she unholstered her side arm and aimed at him.

"Actually, I do. I wouldn't have taken the mission otherwise. I went into this with a solo mindset. I believe I could easily proceed as so. Much like your questions you should also watch your tongue based on who you're around."

Charlotte fired three rounds. They all went past Sisceal and there was a screech in response.

"Because I'm the girl with a gun." Charlotte looked around quickly. "I believe we've overextended our stay. I hope that brief rest was enough because those creatures won't allow much longer." She tossed a syringe at Sisceal. "It's adrenaline. Take it and get a move on." The girl turned around and continued down the path they were on at an accelerated pace. With these things being able to come out from almost anywhere Charlotte needed her full attention on where they were going and couldn't afford to divide it on the injured man. She just hoped she didn't just waste any of her supplies. That syringe had saved her life a few times when she thought she wasn't going to make it. Maybe now she wouldn't have to worry about any dead weight or being slowed down. At least for a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back