• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Character POV Narratives

B
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

-

Jeda Teq

The Cyborg Planeswalker
Character Narratives on how the view the city around them.
Feel free to post your own character narratives!

---VC Travel Guide---​
Welcome to Voltaic City. (Volt City) Also known as the city of colors! This is due to our wonderful neon lights. No, not the lights on the buildings but the lights of our beautiful denizens. You'll find no greater melting pot of culture han Volt City! Everyday is an
adventure!
---------------------​

---------TOM---------​
Welcome to Volt City. Best known as the Br0ken City. At least that's what those who live here call it. It's a statement on how our city
is ever changing and always underconstruction or repair. It feels like noone these days can get their point accross without creating some
kind of explosion. The next always bigger than the last. Some of us, like me, have just come to find it as ambient noise.

It's not all doom and gloom though. On days like this, when the sun is shining bright and the sky is so blue, you can forget about your
worries and just have a decent walk in the park. Until... A cyber criminal uploads his Data Ghost into your phone and he tries to black
mail you and you end up being arressted. Hey at least you have insurance for this kind of thing right?

Welcome to Voltaic City
---------------------​

--Cruxious Bredlat---​
Welcome to Votaic city. Much like man kind it is as filthy as it is beautiful. Founded from the pockets of the short sited. Built by the
labor of the less fortunate. Developed by puppet masters who strings have long been cut.

This city, no, man kind is doomed without proper guidance and evolution. Too often have I seen it. Men and woman who are co-dependant on
artificial bodies. Willingly offering pieces of themselves to simply replace them with obsolete versions of inperfect tech. To offer
one's soul is to forefeit their humanity. For what is a human without free will? Nothing more than a machine.

I, Cruxious Bredlat, will usher in a new era for mankind. For the betterment of the people. For the betterment of the world. However, I
cannot do this alone.
---------------------​

--Alexander Indigo---​
Welcome to Valhalla. For a Data Ghost there is only one truth. We are mere copies of person. So why pretend to be human? We are not slaves to our programming. We are masters of what we choose. So let's drop the charade and be what we are. Unless you choose to cling to those human memories. Then that's who you are.

There is no afterlife for us, remember that.
---------------------​

---------H2O---------
Welcome to... hell. We cannot die. Our brothers are gone. We are alone. Our love... they reject our love. Share our love.
---------------------

Voltaic City--or as its residents prefer to call it--Volt City. It's your standard metropolis filled with all types from your drug dependent low life to your privileged figures who get a kick out of watching their lesser try to reach the pedestal they stand on. But there's a lot in between. Volt City isn't all just black and white. There are grey areas and even colors the human eye can't comprehend. Running to the cops won't ensure salvation and often the black market is about as often used as the nearest grocery store.

But the city isn't all bad. If you can make it out of the rusty and worn down part of the city, filled with the homeless and hopeless, then Volt has quite a breathtaking aesthetic. Neon lights, sky scrapers, and the type of energy only found in the most influential cities. It's a hub for all kinds. It's where many businesses have located themselves, big, small, and everything in between. From commercial companies to tattoo parlors, internet cafes, and dance clubs. You'll be sure to find anything that is suiting your needs, above or underground.

It's no short on people and things that are modified. And I'm not talking about tattoos or piercings. Cybernetics have come a long way. So far that there are people who are willingly replacing their limbs with cyber-enhanced prosthetics. And this goes beyond a hand or a leg. There's technology that will replace everything but the brain. People, if you can even call them that, walking around in a shell. It's hard to tell what is an android and who is a cyborg. Some people go around in this state so long they lose their humanity. They begin to think they are better than everyone else. Top of the food chain. And then that's when these high and mighties start to punch down. And then they have to be, painfully, reminded their place.

If someone is wronged they don't call on detectives to solve their problem. They call on people like me. Someone that will do just about anything as long as it pays enough and doesn't fall outside of our morals. And our morals aren't they deep. The better the merc the more they will cost but the higher the chances that they will complete what they've been asked. Flexibility works as well. Some mercs refuse to get involved in politics or won't hurt women and children. That's also why I'm sought after. No one knows my limitations. And if person comes up to me with an outrageous request to test what I may or may not do often end up in the hospital or at the bottom of the docks.

Through all the work I've done the living situation in this city can be considered very comfortable. I live like one of the privileged but I don't consider myself one of them. I earned my place. I wasn't born into it. That's why I scare them at parties. Why I catch their stares. Why some of them keep their distance. If nobles aren't known for anything else, it's how fast their word travels. Some are curious about me and others are intimidated. But they all try to stay on my good side as if it would do any good if they became my next target...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back