• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Q & A

B
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

-

Jeda Teq

The Cyborg Planeswalker
There is a ton of lore behind broken, and since this HP has mostly new players at the moment I would like to help them get a grasp of what the world is like. Also feel free to post a question.

There have been four stories so far in the Broken universe.
Br0ken
Br0ken: Diamond City /Coal City
Br0ken - A new Chapter
Broken - Re: dux

The original Br0ken and Diamond city take place before the time skip. A new Chapter and Re: Dux are the current ongoing stories and take place after the time skip.

Most of the events that take place in the series happen in a City State with no name. It's located in the northern part of what used to be the US. A few key locations in the city are:

The Red Light District - Located in the south of the city - This is the slums of the city where there a lot of black-market activity. Currently the police force is working hard to clean up this area. The Elephant team has proven to be very successful.
Little Italy - Located in the western part of the city - Before Martial law was implemented this area used to be ran by the Italian mob. Currently it resembles a ghost town with a few homeless people squatting about. Occasionally seedy characters will do business here.
The Crater - Located a little ways away from the outside of Little Italy - Created by an unknown event that caused a great sink whole which swallowed up part of the city. Now it's marked as the grave site of the terrorist H2O. It's currently guarded by walls and Project Black Solders.
High Class Suburbs - Located a couple miles east of the main portion of the city.

i guess I would like to know a bit more of what the crater is like where everyone is exploring. That way i can write and describe the setting with a bit more accuracy. I'm getting several images in my head from other's post from tunnels to something like an old torn down city.

Pai Chan Pai Chan
The Crater was created by a sinkhole that swallowed a portion of the city. So it is correct in thinking that it's like an old torn up town. There are three layers to it. On the top buildings are knocked over, leaning on each other, all in all everything is a crumbled mess. Thanks to the bomb that went off in it a lot of the smaller debris was pushed to the outer ring of it. Over time the bottom has become like a bowl, speckled with broken buildings.

There are tunnels that were apart of the sewage system. If a character were to climb the outer walls they could get to pipes that are still connected to the active sewage pipelines, but they all are blocked off. The second layer, under the crumble city part, is the maze of damaged pipe work, and below that is the source of what caused the sinkhole.

I hope this answers your question. Is there anything I can clarify on?

just one more question. is the city in the sink whole a large city with tall buildings and such. or a smaller city.

Tall buildings.
None of the buildings are upright though, also remember to account for damage and degradation.

yeah, i expect that. i mean for the buildings that are ruined. a 2 story building being in ruins would write different than a 80 story building being toppled over would write.

sorry i haven't typed in a little bit. was waiting to see where everyone was going to so i could see where i could collab. work is leaving me exhausted tonight and tomorrow because of the boxing match is getting us a lot of customers. so all i can do right now is just brainstorm ideas with people until sunday night probably if saturday night doesn't wear me out.

ah thanks. that's a good help. i'm think i'm safe in assuming that most of them, if not all, have been brought down or snapped in half when the ground gave way. oh and how deep would you saw the majority of this sink hole is. in terms of stories? the better i can picture everything in my head the better my writing flow is. that way i don't pause mid paragraph and try to force a picture into my head and lose my train of thought on what i was writing before. and I was thinking on having Charlotte stumble across your character? the guy that is sent down to retrieve people and return them to the surface. (bad with names still [just read that his name was Cory]) that's my brainstorm at the moment.

Pai Chan Pai Chan
Roughly 300 stories deep.
Those two meeting would be fine wiith those two meeting. It would be interesting to see their interactions.

i've started writing my part but i'm really tired so I'll be writing the rest later on. i don't want to give you guys something half-arsed. and I have trouble keeping my preferred writing style when i'm tired anyway. so just give me less than 24 more hours and i'll have something up.

oh, and something that could make it longer and worth the extra waiting; is there any type of people or anything in the sink hole? like feral people or beast?

There are beasts and creatures that live down there. Like the young zamitria that Lull had attack him. Not all have a unique ability like them though.

As far as people go, there is no community. Needless to say it is possible to come across remnants of what used to be a community before the blast. Homeless people used to live down there. For story purposes there are a couple survivors, but they'd be hiding for the most part.

Also there is vegetation down there. Specifically in places where the light would touch when the sun's up. Plants like vines, small bushes, a little bit of grass. Mostly plants that can survive in not so ideal conditions.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq
Speaking of them lizards...

Is there anything you can tell me about the behaviour of the lizards that I don't already know, just so I can be on the same page as you in terms of their actions? I don't want to assume something that isn't true about them.

(Also asked this on Discord so no need to answer it twice!)

0stinato 0stinato
They are called Zamtria. The ones that Lull ran into were babies, and he just left their nursery. In most cases they're friendly to humans. They communicate with sight, sound, smell, and electricity. When they gleat it's a form of marking with scent. To most people its scentless. They have a life span of 18yrs. While young they're pack creatures but as they roll into adulthood they become more solitary. Though it's not uncommon to see them roaming in pairs or a small group. Rarely more than three. They avoid being completely submerged in water, but at the same time try to get their prey wet. On rainy days they spend their time sleeping. They may generate electricity but they can be shocked.

Does this help? Is there anything else you would like to be answered about them?

0stinato 0stinato
They are called Zamtria. The ones that Lull ran into were babies, and he just left their nursery. In most cases they're friendly to humans. They communicate with sight, sound, smell, and electricity. When they gleat it's a form of marking with scent. To most people its scentless. They have a life span of 18yrs. While young they're pack creatures but as they roll into adulthood they become more solitary. Though it's not uncommon to see them roaming in pairs or a small group. Rarely more than three. They avoid being completely submerged in water, but at the same time try to get their prey wet. On rainy days they spend their time sleeping. They may generate electricity but they can be shocked.

Does this help? Is there anything else you would like to be answered about them?

Heheh, you weren't kidding when you said it's got detailed lore. That's great, thanks. I'm sure I can do something with that... This would have gone so much differently if he was kind to the little zamtria.

I won't ask too much. It's a fun scenario Lull's in, and trying to think of the next move is what I like doing in a roleplay.

To those who are participating in the Re: Dux horror, (Which I feel like is more terror than horror, due to my writing style) What are are some things you would like to see?

dang, good question. let me think on that one. Plus i'm not totally familiar with the world of this RP so I'm not 100% sure what would fit or what supernatural elements (if any) exist.

I'm lacking inspiration at the moment, but I will definitely think about and hopefully come up with ideas at some later point.

dang, good question. let me think on that one. Plus i'm not totally familiar with the world of this RP so I'm not 100% sure what would fit or what supernatural elements (if any) exist.

In this universe, all supernatural occurrences would be explained by science and technology. For example, the Zamantria that Lull encountered earlier are the direct result of Cruxious tampering with evolution.

The closes thing to ghost are DataGhost. DataGhost are people who upload their consciousness digitally to live on after they die. Kind of like Ghost in the Shell without the limitation of a BrainCase. Most have their Ghost transferred to a new body, but there are few, like Alexander Indigo (A.I.), who embrace the upside of not having a physical body. He would hack into all kinds of electronics to accomplish his goals.

In this universe, all supernatural occurrences would be explained by science and technology. For example, the Zamantria that Lull encountered earlier are the direct result of Cruxious tampering with evolution.

The closes thing to ghost are DataGhost. DataGhost are people who upload their consciousness digitally to live on after they die. Kind of like Ghost in the Shell without the limitation of a BrainCase. Most have their Ghost transferred to a new body, but there are few, like Alexander Indigo (A.I.), who embrace the upside of not having a physical body. He would hack into all kinds of electronics to accomplish his goals.

So then, I assume it is then possible for a human being to become completely immortal by using this approach?

And I would love to learn more about the fascinating creature who attacked the woman and the teen. The suspense has left me eager for more.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

So then, I assume it is then possible for a human being to become completely immortal by using this approach?

And I would love to learn more about the fascinating creature who attacked the woman and the teen. The suspense has left me eager for more.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

That is correct. It's not an uncommon practice. In fact in the first Story of Br0ken there were at least three characters who were dataghosts. One had to do it when she was a little girl. Her parents didn't want to lose their only child so they uploaded her conscious into a prosthetic body. Another was a hacker and he was being gunned down by a gang. He uploaded his conscious on the fly into an Android. It wasn't a perfect job, but he had take precautions for an emergency. The third died of Old Age. He uploaded his consciousness because his family convinced him to. His ghost went on to lead a digital revolt. That one is A.I.

For the creature, well, you already know its name.

i'm still adjusting to moving and transferring jobs among other things so i'm not able to be focused enough to write a part with the quality I'd like to. But i will try to force time away from everything to get something done. but first (i feel like i've asked this before but i can't find it if i did) what exactly is it that is the immediate danger. i don't have much to write on as is, right now and I'd like to make my post more than a short paragraph. all i know is that something hot shot out towards her and since it seems like it's my turn to write I can't bank on anyone saving my character since it's an attack from behind. so i'll need a bit more info. hope this isn't asking much.

i'm still adjusting to moving and transferring jobs among other things so i'm not able to be focused enough to write a part with the quality I'd like to. But i will try to force time away from everything to get something done. but first (i feel like i've asked this before but i can't find it if i did) what exactly is it that is the immediate danger. i don't have much to write on as is, right now and I'd like to make my post more than a short paragraph. all i know is that something hot shot out towards her and since it seems like it's my turn to write I can't bank on anyone saving my character since it's an attack from behind. so i'll need a bit more info. hope this isn't asking much.

It's fine. I tend to write with ambiguity. I tried to leave clues in the post as to the nature of the creature, but I don't mind saying what it is if it helps with the quality of your post.

The immediate danger is an underground variant of the Zamantria(Thunder Lizard). This species has a thick hide but a soft underbelly. Their neck has loose skin over it that inflates just before they spray their napalm like liquid. The skin has three compartments in it. Two of which contain the separate ingredients for the spit and the third mixes and creates the pressure for farther shots. They dig shallow tunnels in the ground to trip up those on the surface. They're highly aggressive and attack just about anything.

ah, i was thinking that if the stuff hit my character then that was gonna be it! like it was lava or something around that level of heat. I don't mind my characters taking hits if it's realistic. I'll definitely think on it since i'm traveling today and I'll try writing up some stuff tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back