• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Re:dux

Walking took a lot of the anger away. Even though the environment was the complete opposite of pleasant, Lull walked through it anyway. It was difficult to judge the landscape in these tunnels, so he set about trying to find natural light. Pinpricks from entrances, anything that might allow their escape.

Ironically enough though, Lull thought it might be safer in the sewer than anywhere else. Of course, the echoes were problematic, as the three of them together could never move quietly, but that was that. They were also a light source. But at least Lull had his sixth sense to help him through.

He himself walked almost silently. Slowly and methodically, he leaned into his steps, creeping steadily forwards only for his quiet to be interrupted by the tottering of Lois.

"Oh, stop it," Lull eventually spat at her. "Even if you can't see, look where you're going."

The boy said they had no connection. His words were acid and ate into Lull. He had touched her. That was all.

Now, with every touch Lois gave him, every time she stumbled into him, laying her palms against his back to steady herself before righting herself, he felt not the heat of her body but the heat of his own. Warm as a gun barrel.

There was a change in the lighting ahead though. The glow of the stick took on a different meaning as the night's glow took over. Lull didn't let them approach it, but turned. "The surface is just as bad as down here. Any idea where we are, where we should go, and how far we should go to get there?"

Business.

He looked mostly at Trevor, knowing Lois would be worse than useless.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

Charlotte nodded and lowered her gun as Sisceal went to fetch some of the clothing the man wore. Charlotte didn't object. In fact she thought it was smart. It's not like the other man would be needing it anymore.

"Good, because the less you know the better you're off." Charlotte answered as they got ready to embark again. When Sisceal asked if there were any complaints Charlotte gave a quick shake of her head. "The faster we're out of here the better. Oh, and here." Charlotte tossed Sisceal the gun she got off of the dead mercenary. "I'm pretty sure you know how to use it considering your occupation. Just make sure a bullet doesn't end up in my direction unless it's saving my ass." Charlotte hated putting trust in others but this situation caused for a slightly different approach to her usual tactics. This place was unknown and were filled with who knows what. Having someone watching her back would actually be a slight relief.

They had been walking for a good forty-five minutes in silence before Charlotte finally spoke.

"Do you have any idea where we are going? We didn't take this long to go in and we weren't going at this pace." Charlotte stopped and put her hands on her hips, while thinking. "This place is like a maze at night. Everything looks the same. The buildings, the streets, the tunnels an--" Charlotte went silent when she thought she heard something. The next moment a light appeared. It was blinding as it cut through the darkness that Charlotte's eyes had been used to. The girl raised her gun at the source, curious if it was another monster that populated the area. Her eyes soon told her the figure was at least humanoid. The place didn't seem as abandoned as she hoped.

"I got a gun," Charlotte called out. "so unless you want a bullet, I'd suggest you tell us who you are and why you're here."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Axeykins Axeykins

"You have nothing to worry about. I know how to use small fire arms proficiently enough. At least enough to be more of a help than hindrance." He stuck the firearm in the holster at the side of the shirt. Far faaar more preferable than using his belt loop like before. Far easier to grab in a pinch too.
"I have absolutely no idea where we're going. I'm even more lost than you are down here." He scratched at the side of his head. "And day or night this place is a maze. In fact, how can we even tell if it is night or day down here?....you know what? No need to answer that. Don't even want to know that answer right now." He waved the notion away. Now was not the time to doddle.

He didn't even see the figure until Charlotte began talking to them with her gun out and at the ready. Another human! or what looked like one and they looked to be talking! Too far away to hear but they weren't shooting first. As a precaution he pulled out his gun, then brazenly moved towards them. "I've got one too!" His voice cracked like a prepubescent teen. "You don't start anything and we won't start anything alright? We can try and start this thing by talking first."

Right then a sharp pang struck in his lower back. Damned device tried to readjust soon as it felt his muscles tense up again along with an odd misstep on the decline of the terrain. Unfortunately due to damages and levels of strain malfunctioned instead. With the grace of a newborn deer he went careening towards them. Barely managing to regain stability before a collision could occur.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Pai Chan Pai Chan

Last edited:
!!Warning!! Charlotte and Sisceal - Cult encounter - Trap

BANG! The sharp clang of metal on concrete exclaimed from behind charlotte. A metal gate had fallen down from the ceiling preventing them from going the way they came. The lights flickered off. Charlotte's eyes picked up about half a dozen humanoid heat signatures emerge from the walls. Three of them circled the off balanced Sisceal. As quickly as they appeared they vanished back into the walls. Leaving one heat signature at the end of the hall where the original figure stood. Another bang of metal on concrete came from in front of the pair.

In the moment of black confusion Sisceal felt foreign things fastened on his forearms, thighs, and abdomen. Each foreign object felt as if it dug into his skin with several prongs. A cold heavy metal mask was latched onto his face.

The lights flickered back on. Charlotte saw a young girl, in her teens, strapped to an upright neon X. She had devices similar to what had been placed on Sisceal on her body. A crude mask that covered the eyes and ears. Heavy bands on her arms and legs. A metal bar had been pierced through her breasts and her nipples had been skinned off. Large screws drilled just under her collar bone held her up on the X along with the leather straps on her neck and extremities. Dried blood stained her skin where here mutilations had occurred. The only thing she wore that could be considered clothing was a crude chastity belt.

The difference in what was attached to Sisceal and the girl was that Sisceal's had knobs over each individual eye and ears as well as knobs on the bands on his arms and legs. The metal gates separated the pair from the girl. They were left in silence with out an explanation.

Axeykins Axeykins Pai Chan Pai Chan

What ever relief Trever had with Lull's arrival was washed away. He was a rude and impatient adult who seemed to lack a plan. "I don't know man... I just came down here with some friends on a dare." Out of fear and paranoia he constantly looked over his shoulder. He would grip his pipe for comfort. "Didn't you come to rescue us? I told you I don't know where we're going. We were just looking for a place to hide..."

There was sweet fermented smell coming from the direction the group was heading. The occasional bug buzzed around Lull's face. The source of the dim light of the night came from a pipe that had been busted in from a cave in of earth from above.

0stinato 0stinato

The lights went out and Charlotte spun around as she heard a harsh sound behind her and immediately a sinking feeling of dread started to come over her. She had been in this type of scenario before. She could only see heat signatures appear around when Sisceal was. She raised her weapon but couldn't fire without also hitting the man as well. Just as quickly the figures seemed to disperse and disappear. That's when the familiar sound to the first made Charlotte turn again. The lights came back on and there was a girl strapped upright to some kind of torture device where the man Charlotte had seen before was. The girl was separated by metal gates. The mercenary turned back towards Sisceal and noticed he was strapped down similarly like the girl.

"Are you serious?" Charlotte exclaimed. The blackout lasted for mere seconds and it took that short amount of time to completely subdue the man. Charlotte quickly made her way to him and checked his restraints. They seemed pretty solid but Charlotte think a well placed shot would still do the trick of getting them open. Then she'd worry about the things covering his eyes. While she worked on the restraints while pondering what exactly this was all planned for. Why only Sisceal while leaving Charlotte alone? Why the girl on the other side being shown off? Intimidation? Or a form of showing off?

Things had moved so fast that he had lost sense of all time and the area around him. He was stiff as a board, his breathing was rapid and strained. He only knew Charlotte was there. He could tell only by the feel of her messing with the restraints on him and her voice. Though that was muffled by something covering his ears.

"Wh...what the Hell." Near hyperventilating, he attempted to move his hands to feel the device, discovering one of two things. For one, there were things over his eyes as well, allowing some relief in the fact that he was not permanently blinded by whatever had happened to him and two was that he was not restrained on anything as first thought and could move around freely. He had merely so frozen in fear that his body locked up.

"Oh thank God! you're still here..." Clumsily reaching out until he made contact with Charlotte in some way, any way he could to make sure she was real and not some other trick. He felt horrible for fucking things up yet again, putting them both in danger again. All because he couldn't get it together in the time they needed it the most. Continually being useless and made even moreso by whatever contraption was strapped tightly to him this time. "What happened? Are we still in that alley, thing? A-Are you alright?" Panic filled words vomited out of his mouth at rapid fire.

Pai Chan Pai Chan Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

A speaker crudely mounted in ceiling above the pair shrieked loudly before a voice came booming through, "GOOD MORNING! Oh geez... was that... was that too loud?" The voice became lower as if the person behind it moved away from the mic, "It's not broken... It doesn't need to be fixed... ugh... just adjust it a little bit..." A couple more seconds passed and the voice came back to address the pair, "Is this better? Yeah? Well it doesn't matter let's continue. I'm glad you made it this far... though... you're a bit older than I thought you'd be." A whisper came into his ear. "Oh, I see, so you're not the kids I was expecting. Fate is really something huh. It has a way of brining people together. I'm still happy though. Oh so happy. More souls we can save, you will soon learn to appreciate life and the resilience of being human."

Pai Chan Pai Chan Axeykins Axeykins

As Charlotte released Sisceal from his restraints she was immediately dismissed of personal space as the man reached out to touch her. Her being noticeably shorter than the man his hands found her forehead and hair. She quickly grabbed his wrists and put them at his sides.

"Calm yourself!" Charlotte hissed as Sisceal's mouth began to move a mile a minute. "I'm fine. It seems we have walked into some type of trap. We are surrounded by raised walls on both sides and there is a girl strapped down in a similar fashion to how you were." Charlotte took another look at the young girl. "Albeit, she's in much worse condition and there is a gate between us and her." A loud speaker's feedback cut off Charlotte from relaying any more information to Sisceal. A man spoke seeming to confuse the pair with some other prey he was hunting.

"Well, I'm sure this is obviously a misunderstanding." Charlotte called out. Not sure if the man could hear or not. The man sounded like a nutcase and she didn't like anything that he last said. "I've only come to scope out the area before my team on the outside follow after. We should talk this over in person rather than in..." The girl looked around briefly. "whatever fashion this is. All I know is that you've got us in a trap intended for someone else." Charlotte hoped her bluff sounded believable. Because the truth couldn't have been anymore different. But she'd be damned if she was going to end up like that girl on the other side of those gates.

Axeykins Axeykins Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

The poor distraught mess of a punk woke with a jolt. Desperately attempting to fling his limbs about only to be met with the firm grip of leather straps and metal shackles pinning him down. He tried to scream but a long tube ran down his throat. Keeping him breathing and heart beating as these...maniacs poked around inside of him. Pulling at wires and veigns. Exploring deep into the tissues of his muscles, curious of the mesh of metal and flesh within.

"Shh. Shh. It is alright bright one, we are doing as you need." The prophet emerged from somewhere behind his head. Stoking his hair in a motherly fashion to soothe him. "You wanted some of the giant's parts yes? I happily report we are working on granting your wish. Seeing what we can salvage and the most proper use for it. For now we are merely seeing what you need." He ran his hand along the man's body as he looked him up and down with joy. "Corrupted as your mind and outer casing is, it is astounding how much His work has stood the test of time and the elements. Truly remarkable... Aren't you excited to become a masterpiece in his grand scheme? You will absolutely love it dear brother. I know you will, it's all you've dreamed of!" M1's joyous laugh rang through the surgery area like an angelic choir. "His work and Master's in one. A glorious example of perfection in the highest form."

"Sorry. Sorry. I should be good now." Sisceal cleared his throat and grabbed the sides of his pants to keep from figeting or touching anything else in a panic. His head swiveling all around as he tried to find some angle to hear her better with. Her and a new voice that came over some sort of speaker system. Thank God for the feedback of the system, otherwise he would have thought they were surrounded again and most likely drawn his gun.
"Yes, can we please discuss this peacefully?" He nodded in agreement with Charlotte. The best he could do in this state of blind and half deaf and not make the situation even worse. "Face to face as my partner here suggested. Wouldn't that be better than this?" His voice came out louder than intended but not like that could be helped much.

"Oh no worries by friends. You are safe here and peace is all around. Right Jimmy boy?" A man's voice screamed for help. He was quickly muffled, "Jimmy is in the process of learning too. So are you guys. We'll meet in person, but you have to have patience. Which is your first lesson... Unfortunatly for Lucia..." Four simultaneous clicks came from the bindings that where on the purple haired girl's limbs. She began to squirm violently then screamed in pain as the bindings began to constrict on her arms. Her bones began to crack under pressure. "LUCIA! TODAY YOUR LESSON IS YOU CANNOT RELY ON JUST ANYONE TO HELP YOU. AS YOU CAN SEE THEY WILL ONLY ACT IN THEIR OWN SELF INTERESTS. HANG IN THERE AND WE WILL MAKE YOU WHOLE ONCE AGAIN!" He shouted over the girls screams.

Axeykins Axeykins Pai Chan Pai Chan

Trevor huffed at Lull's silence. "Another useless adults..." He mumbled under his breath before walking ahead of the group. As he pressed forward the ground began to feel wet and the air smelt foul. He waved his arm around his head to swat at the dozen of flies that were buzzing around. "What is this?" Beneath the hole was a large pitcher plant. He reached his hand out to touch it when a figure was thrown over the hole into the plant. From the body that was thrown a rectangular device fell of its person and clattered on the ground. Lull sense mass amounts of electricity radiating from a person standing above the hole. They stood there for a couple seconds before turning and walking away.

"Hello? Hellooo~" A child's voice emanated from the radio on the ground.

0stinato 0stinato

Well, shit. Charlotte thought. They were dealing with religious fanatics. Most likely a cult. Which meant being rational was out the window. They were deeply rooted in what they believed and nothing would sway them. Nothing outside of a bullet, anyway. Charlotte had one or two run ins with this type but she didn't like being on the side with the disadvantage. The best she could do was hope Sisceal concealed his weapon since Charlotte's were already exposed, aside from her knife. And she was pretty sure they were on camera.

When the girl on the other side of the bars started to scream Charlotte pondered to herself. She wondered how long the torturing had gone on for. Could the girl be saved? Was she mentality broken, already? If she was then saving her wouldn't be worth the effort. She'd be dead weight and having one person barely keeping up was already one too many. Charlotte shook her head. Why was she even considering a rescue? There was a very simple solution.

Charlotte raised her weapon and aimed. One bullet fired, aimed at the girl's head. If anything it was a mercy killing. Charlotte would have wanted the same if she were in the girl's situation.

"There!" Charlotte called out. "She learned her lesson. Besides, she was too broken to learn anything else. And patience can't be afforded here. If we talked then you'd know what's at stake." Another bluff. Well, half of it. Charlotte was growing tired of the abominations this hole in the ground kept tossing her way. She wanted to be done with everything as quick as possible and there was, still, a ways to go. Getting out, getting Sisceal back, getting properly resupplied, coming back, finding what she needed (which was still an unknown in location), and then getting back out in one piece--preferably.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Axeykins Axeykins

"What are you doing?!" Sisceal hissed. If he could have given her a stern glare he would have. Firing her gun off at something in the dark again was madness. Made even worse in the grasps of this lunatic cult bugging them. "Sorry for my friend's impulsiveness! It's been long day and we're both tired and sore, you know how it is?" A nervous chuckled forced itself out of him. "We're good on learning anything of that nature if you don't mind, personally I've already found and have a 'truth' myself. Anyways, if you don't mind. All we want is to talk so we can find the way out of here and we're in a bit of a rush so don't have any time to spare. We've got some important business to take care of, people to get back to. So may we please meet and talk to you right away?"

Evangeline "Eva" Cross/Arthur "Hutch" Hutcherson

Clop. Crack!

It was done.

Eva held her gun to her chest as she glanced about the surrounding darkness. Above, the force field that was a poor service of protection for the Crater whirred, protesting the entrance of the two Project Black soldiers. However, it had not hindered Eva at all.
Eva stepped forward and continued looking around, allowing her eyes to begin adjusting to the dark. She narrowed her eyes and huffed, shaking her head.
"Some crater..." she uttered bitterly under her breath as her companion rushed to join her side. He had just made it down the steps that he and Eva had formed in the earth on the southern side of the crater. It did not take much for them to convince their P.B. allies to let them through, since everyone at this point had to be aware of Baron Rogers's disappearance. Eva simply explained to them that she was sent to search for him. As soon as he was found, they would return to the surface...
If they could.
She had come up with the plan to carve the steps down unto the crater, which was an agonizingly long and painful process that lasted through the entire day into twilight. Finally, however, they had made it down.
"What do you mean, 'some crater'? Do you hear yourself sometimes when you speak? You and I are both aware of the stories and rumors of this place, and I still think it's suicide coming down here! I've tried to let you down easy, Eva, but this has gone too far. We need to turn back while we still can, we have no idea what shitstorm is ahead," Hutch interrupted Eva's thoughts. She sneered and whirled around, now face to face with him.
"You didn't have to come with me, you CHOSE to come with me, Hutch. I told you that you were more than welcome to stay back, but I'll be damned if I wait another goddamned moment when I could be finding Baron myself! I don't want to hear you bitching, this was entirely YOUR choice, and frankly, I could give two shits if you turned right back around and headed back to the city. I am going to find Baron, with your help or not, even if it kills me." Her bright eyes flashed angrily as she glared at him, grip tightening on her gun.
Hutch glared back at Eva, but submitted. He sighed and looked away. "Like hell I was gonna let you come here alone, Eva. You know me better than that..."
Eva covered her sneer and stiffened. "Then shut the fuck up and follow me," she snapped back, then whipped back around and started trekking deeper into the foreboding darkness that stretched out before them. It was daunting, even for her, but finding Baron was much more important for her. She didn't care what came - she was going to find him if it was the last thing she did. She wasn't a coward, and she certainly wasn't going to let anyone or anything stop her from reuniting with her beloved.
Hutch watched Eva go, glancing around. He furrowed his brow with both concern and fear as the darkness surrounding them seemed to hiss and laugh at them, mocking their futile attempt as a search and rescue. This abyss from hell was going to claim two more victims, that much he knew. However, if he was to die, he would rather die alongside Eva. He couldn't ask for a better deathbed. Even if his dying breath was given to protect her, he would be satisfied. Taking in a shaky breath, he lifted his gun into his hands and, though hesitantly, continued on after Eva.

The crater reeked of a foul stench that was nearly suffocating the deeper the soldiers ventured into it. Eva merely tapped the side of her helmet with her hand and suddenly, a mask formed around her mouth and nose, leaving her eyes bare. It wasn't long after the mask found its place, however, that a sheer visor slipped into place in front of her eyes as well.
"V1, activate night vision lenses," Eva quietly uttered once the mask was in place. With a low whir and a bright flash of orange light, a hologram of an orange orb in the upper left corner of Eva's visor appeared. Multiple light panels appeared across the visor shortly after the orb appeared.
"Oral order, 'Activate Night Vision Lenses' acquired. Affirmative. Night Vision Lenses activated," the orb responded, bouncing as it spoke, its voice feminine and clear. The orange light across the visor soon turned to the vivid green of the night vision, enhancing Eva's sight to see through the darkness around them. It was strange to observe. Spire-like formations surrounded her and Hutch as they delved deeper into the crater.
"Hutch, keep your eyes open. There's these strange spires everywhere... And watch your step. We don't want to attract anything down here to our location."
Hutch felt shivers scurry down his spine as he worriedly followed after Eva, tapping his helmet just as she did.
"Uh-huh... As if it can't hear us talking," he replied as his mask and visor formed around his face. "V2, activate Night Vision Lenses..." he ordered his AI, and it responded just like Eva's AI had, only its voice was male. "Some equipment Sye lent us, huh?" he questioned Eva quietly, relieved he could see what was around him now.
Eva remained silent, clearly focused on their task. As she rounded the spires, she couldn't help studying them more closely. She furrowed her brow when she noticed crystallized forms on the strangely geometric ridges. They were what the previous scent was coming from. They reeked heavily of sulfur.
"Try not to touch anything..." she whispered to Hutch, drawing her attention back to the depths ahead.
Hutch was carefully winding around the spires, scoffing at Eva's words. "Uh-huh... Wayyy ahead of you..." he replied back, moving at a much slower pace than his female companion.

Everyone Everyone

"Easy. Easy. That's it." M1 spoke gently as he assisted Luce in sitting up on the operating table. Though the poor man struggle greatly still. his body felt as if they had turned it into jelly. His arms and legs nothing but numb noodles flopping about. The only thing that worked properly was his face and he was certainly letting him now how he felt through a nasty expression. "It wasn't that bad now was it? We could not use parts that you may have desired, not yet at the very least that shall come in due time as we learn more about the gifts he has given us in this beast, but we have been successful in bringing out more of your potential! How does it feel." He picked up Luce's flaccid hand and ran it along his outer casings. The large gash cut deep into his chest was pulled together firmly with steel stitching and sealed over tight with a sleek metal plating that extended to his elbow. Jutting out a few inches in a sort of wing like appendage off of his shoulder as they did their best with the seam given off of the massive frame of the corpse. They were able to extend the rest of the cut they had gotten down around his upper chest and abdomen and upwards around part of his neck and cheek, forcing it to fit by melding it as close to his flesh as possible. Making him look like some sort of...mishmashed patchwork doll.

"There is not much of the outer body we could give to you. Only a few repairs for those larger wounds you carried. The material is higher grade than we have seen in a long time. We do not know much of it at the moment and is has proven most difficult to fit to your frame." He chuckled. Looking back to the strewn out scraps of the creature. "As for the inner workings, well. you will be most pleased! With the thorough guidance of his wisdom and light we were able to give several enhancements using neural and muscular fibers found within the sorry beast. It has been most fortunate! You should feel a difference in your strength, balance and vision. Even in that odd blackend eye of yours. I cannot wait to see how much you've grown from only this once fully operational. Surely it has been a great step in bringing you back to yourself!" The prophet motioned for another member to aid him in taking Luce by the shoulders and walking him to an area where he could recover properly. If he so chose to that is.

It wasn't long after they had set him down that the fallen star made his four legged mad scramble towards freedom. Giving but a glance back to his captors who. Just.
Smiled.
The so boldly proclaimed prophet who's goons cracked him across the head to begin with, who forced him into repairs strapped to that table was just smiling so happily. An unabashed kindness and understanding and calmness even as he ran away from them, spitting in the face of all they'd done to him. Every sickly sweet word. Luce was never more happy to embrace the blackness of the pit than that moment.

( Wolflily Wolflily Pai Chan Pai Chan 0stinato 0stinato Jeda Teq Jeda Teq . just taggin everyone now that I remembered to lol. Luce is just open for anyone to interact if they want)

Last edited:
From the fact they were standing in a sewer, Lull hadn't put much stock into the stink of the place. The only part of him that cared whether he was smelling excrement or corpses were his olfactory senses, and they were trying their best to put his body into overdrive. To tell him to run. But Lull didn't run. He had done enough running. The adrenaline reserves were out. They were empty, and filling increasingly with extreme fatigue.

As such, he couldn't breathe enough to comment on Trevor's insult - barely an insult - and only reacted when he felt the crackle. It shot through his neck, and emotion clawed at his throat. Such strong electricity, and it wasn't just muscle impulses.

He looked past Trevor. The boy was looking down. There was something Trevor couldn't see. Something Lois couldn't see either.

He gripped her arm.

The plant wasn't the problem. Nor was the body. Nor was the radio. Nor was the silence... the stink... none of that.

The impulses began, slowly, to ebb. The person was moving away. They had dumped a body and walked away in complete anonymity. Perhaps even... in complete invisibility. What would draw attention the most? The limp unnaturality of a dead body? Or the person whose arms it had fallen from? A person's eye would stare at the body... work out that it was the vessel of a person... and then maybe look up. By which time, the other person would be...

Lull felt himself snarl as he concentrated. He focused on the way the person was moving. If he could memorise the way they walked, he could be aware of them later. Whoever they were. Whenever they had taken the life of this person - or, whenever they had picked up the body - they weren't interested in Trevor.

Still holding Lois' arm, ignoring anything she might say, he approached the boy. He was memorising the gait of the assailant walking away. His tiredness threatened his concentration.

"Tell me what the body looks like," he said to Trevor, his voice low, steady. "And take that radio. Turn it off. And for the love of hell, don't touch that plant."

He could only imagine what that plant would do to human flesh. Would it be covered in acidic fluid that would cause more than a rash? Or would it release spores that would choke the three of them?

And the radio? Lull wanted to crush it under his heel, to crush it and to scream into the darkness he'd had enough, enough of this, I'm only here for one reason and I've found her and I'm getting out of here, so shut up, I'm not your fucking charity, nor am I your fucking saviour, save yourself or die, save yourself or fucking die! but the sound might...

"Do it," Lull breathed. "Do everything I say. Don't make me threaten you, kid."

He growled the last word. Kid. Responsibility. Unwanted care.

He hated caring.

He remembered a quote, although he wasn't sure who it was from. He remembered it in Ema's voice. She had cornered him once, upon watching a film, and told him, "Something in it reminded me of you. In the film, the protagonist - the playwright also - says, and it's kind of true, he says, 'I don't care. I have never cared. I hate caring. Caring is about shit.' and I thought of you. Sounds like something you'd say."

And it was. In this moment at least.

He held his sister by the arm in between his filthy fingertips, standing in a sewer, faced with a corpse in front of him, and with a boy who spoke to him like he didn't expect Lull to kill him, and it was true. Caring is about shit.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

"Huh..." The man behind the speaker went silent for a moment after the gunshot. The sound of the girls flesh and bones being crushed replaced her wailing until the bindings severed her limbs. "We should not mourn the lose of this child..." He spoke through tears to the others behind the comms, "God has called her home." A low pop of a party popper came through the speaker. "As for you young lady we'll thank you. You have shown Lucia the mercy of God. Remember God will call you home when it is your time."

The gate closes to Lucia slowly rose up. "You may proceed forward. Don't you two worry. We do look forward to meeting you, and your friends. You just have to have a bit more patience. Oh, you'll need this. GIVE IT TO THEM!" Someone opened one of the tiles on the ceiling and dropped a key down to the pair. "That should get the mask off... Though if you're truly wish to meet in person show your resolve. Will you sacrifice an eye?"

Pai Chan Pai Chan Axeykins Axeykins

The person whom had given off the immense amount of electricity was hard to read. It was as if it had been surrounded by an electrical field that distorted its movements to Lull's sensors.

Responding to Lull's questions, Trevor replied. "It's a man in P.B. body armor." He peeked over the lip of the plant watching the man's body dissolve from the acidic fluids of the plant, careful not to touch the plant. The boy took a step away from the plant and scanned the ground to find the black box from where the child's voice was coming from. He was okay, at least as okay as he could force himself to be. Until Lull opened his mouth again. Trevor's life had been threatened so many times down here that the idea of being betrayed by Lull had made him start to panic. His hands began to shake and knees quiver. Before he realized it he screamed and ran around the plant. He had to get away. Everything wanted to kill him down here. He had no Idea where he was going, but he had to get away from Lull. He was a dangerous man. The deeper Trevor ran past the plant the thicker the cloud of spores were.

Trevor's scream echoed through the sewers. The intense electricity Lull sensed earlier began to return much more quickly than it left. Who ever it was had began to run back towards them.

0stinato 0stinato

The crystallized sulfur like material gave off a dim yellow glow as they reflected what little moonlight reached the bottom of the crater. The chirping of crickets was all around them, but would instantly stop the moment they came too close to a spire. After several minutes of wandering the two P.B. soldiers would find it hard to grasp their bearings. it was almost as if the ground around them was shifting or the spires, that could serve as land marks, where slowly moving.

Wolflily Wolflily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back