Other Random question of the day

Oh man that's hard. Graduating high school is my greatest accomplishment but visiting Wales is certainly my favorite memory.

Oh god the end of the decade is approaching.
I'm going to be fucking 24!
I still haven't done anything with my life.
Existential Crisis Intensifies!

Idk probably getting my black belt in Taekwondo.

Visiting London several years ago. One of the best and most memorable trips of my life. And meeting my two best friends - we all get along like a house on fire.

Otherwise, though... Kinda depressing to think that I'm at the end of my teenagerhood with nothing under my hood. Feels like I wasted my "best years".

Understandable for things like household appliances and laptops but when I buy a pair of shoes....why

Me: *buys some brush head replacements for an electric toothbrush*
Computer/Cashier: "Would you like a two year warranty on those?"
Me: ". . . They only last about 3 or 4 months."
Computer/Cashier: "So that's a no?"
Me: "That is indeed a no."

What's your opinion on warranties?
They are an essential component in terms of ensuring consumer safety in some markets, especially those who are too complex to scratch the surface with regulation. Warranties mean that whoever is making the product has to take responsibility if said product is defective, creating a bigger incentive for them to guarantee that such a thing is impossible to begin with (or at least too nebulous to show in court).

I couldn't stay away from this site forever so here I am...

To answer the question it depends on the item. It's useful for some(typically electronics), but for others not so much.

If talk is cheap, then why is phone service so expensive?
A) the first is a comparison (specifically contrasting with actions), the second is a number.
B) Years of research and development of technology, disputes over areas of service, price of materials and of course the miracle oflong-range communication

Yes We're little more than rabid animals clawing over one another for food and mates, we're just a parasite growing on the skin of a space rock that's living in an intricately crafted illusion of grandure and purpose. We cannot govern ourselves without corruption and self interest taking hold, we cannot exist on our planet without destroying its ecosystem. We as humans are innately greedy and self serving creatures; one of us is happy to live a life of luxury at the expense of thousands not knowing whether or not they'll eat at all the next day.

So yes. The world is full of cretins.

Pretty much everything tbh. (Yea, my self-esteem is that low).

Being the 'Strong One' in my family. Sounds great, but until you've been the 'Strong One' in your family you do not realize how often you have to interrupt whatever you're doing to help someone carry something heavy or move furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back