Other Random question of the day

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Random question of the day:

Have you ever had that awkward moment where someone remembered your name, but you didn't remember theirs?

No answers yesterday. What a shame.

Random question of the day:

Have you ever had that awkward moment where someone remembered your name, but you didn't remember theirs?

I have this literally ALL the time, and in reverse too. (Well not now since I don't actually see any people because Covid.)

It's worse if you don't even recognise their face and they know you and start talking to you and you're like "whaaa....? whooooo?"

As the above said, all the time. I have a terrible memory for names, it’s bad enough that it could tale me weeks, months even if I didn’t have much contact with someone, before I stopped forgetting their name. The most awkward is forgetting someone’s name mid-conversation after having asked their name during that same conversation.

As the above said, all the time. I have a terrible memory for names, it’s bad enough that it could tale me weeks, months even if I didn’t have much contact with someone, before I stopped forgetting their name. The most awkward is forgetting someone’s name mid-conversation after having asked their name during that same conversation.

Ask them for their business card or ask their name again saying "I'm not sure I caught your name ...?" It's much much less embarrassing than when you've known someone by sight for years but you can't ask them their name because they would be super offended that you didn't know after all that time had passed. XD

At some point google will create an app that you can point a camera at someone and will use facial recognition to give you their names.

Nope. Fight with my mom all the time we disagree on most points. Love my mom but she frustrates me, as I do her, we are slowly working through our issues. But yeah no, no not a momma's girl!

I don’t even know who that is, let alone understand his political positions, much less could I hope to ever understand the intricate web of tensions, interactions and ramifications of the people in power and in general of the time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back