Other Random question of the day

Divorced my mother.

(Although tbf I have no idea if that was midlife crisis generated or just like ... needed to get out of there.)

My dad's started drinking the past few months. Not badly that I know of (at least, I've never been around him drunk). It's just kind of a culture shock, since my parents were both really conservative Christians when I was little. They've both gotten a lot more relaxed in general as I've grown up. For example, they were very anti-tattoo when I was little, and then they each (now divorced) offered to take me to get a tattoo on my 18th birthday.

I haven't watched either one in so long but I will take The Amazing Race over Big Brother only because they go to different locations and it's somewhat funny to see how contestants act in their surroundings as well as each other.

I feel like I was roped into watching Big Brother once, but I otherwise don't watch either.

But my Physics teacher junior year apparently tried out for the Amazing Race once, so I guess that one since he's cool.

Currently?

Elon Musk. Going against the law to reopen your stores in a mass pandemic really sends the wrong kind of message to everyone. And saying that it's ok, he's ready to pay whatever fine the county gives him for this. It simply shows that people with a lot of money can pretty much do whatever they want without a fear of consequences, because they can just throw money at it and make it disappear.

But you can't do that with a virus.

Ergo bad role model, I simply hope other companies don't follow suit.

The WORST?

Uh

Wow, look at this list I have... so hard to choose...

In general, I'd say Kanye. Not only does he keep claiming he'll run for president and then push back this decision (therefore showing how much he's not going to do it), but he's married to a woman whose family is famous for doing--what was it again? Oh, that's right. NOTHING. He's been a complete asshat of late, and yet a friend of mine continues to listen to his music and defend him. I DON'T CARE HOW DEEP HIS LYRICS ARE IF HIS PERSONALITY DON'T MATCH.

And that's without going into whatever it is he's had going with Taylor Swift, who I'm not the most fond of either, but at least she doesn't make me roll my eyes out of my skull.

Random question of the day:

What's one show that you liked and shouldn't have been cancelled?

The one that sticks in my mind is In the Flesh.

A zombie TV show, but not of the action-packed apocalypse variety. It's set afterwards, when they find a way to rehabilitate the "partially deceased" and bring them home.
It only had nine episodes (two series), and maybe it would have just gotten silly if it carried on, but... still. It was done well, and a really interesting take on the genre.
Here's a trailer anyway, or just the first few minutes on BBC America (warning for some zombie-esque gore!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back