Other Random question of the day

People, how many times do I have to make it clear: Keep casual conversation out of this topic. Please do it in another topic or in DMs, but not here.

Random question of the day:

Do you hate it when Reddit makes up bullshit stories?

People, how many times do I have to make it clear: Keep casual conversation out of this topic. Please do it in another topic or in DMs, but not here.

Do you hate it when Reddit makes up bullshit stories?
I just dislike Reddit in general for a number of reasons, that being one of them.

I'm a Reddit tombraider. I only read it for supplemental theories and such, and those are usually ancient. Therefore, I rarely find those.

I couldn't care less unless it got very popular and talking a load of rubbish. Thus it'd be unavoidable. The site usually gets a "HA HA HA Hell no" treatment from me, unless it is a means to an end of which I need. Like reading a bunch of rookies trying to discuss the ending of a video game. Those usually are a great laugh. The ones I found look like they didn't even pay attention, or were sleep-playing. Impressive.

Lunar Dragon Song (Genesis) is one of the worst games I played because of its battle system. You go through an area and either get experience OR money, not both. Considering that it's an RPG you kinda need both. Which makes things unnecesserily grindy and tedious to go through. As much as I loved Lunar franchise, I didn't have patience to play this game beyond the tutorial story arc.
So if the system was improved to what the original Lunar games had, even if simplified, then it would definitely make the game better and maybe I would even play it.

Enchanted Arms.

Get rid of all the current characters and make completely new ones. Obliterate the story, just take some dynamite to it. Start something fresh, add in plot twists.

I would fix fallout 4. 76 was doomed from the start, but at least country roads could be used for listening, as well as meming. When you have that storyline, and you clearly replace the female soldier lines with a lawyer, and finally they change their minds with character story last minute but keep the roles, you know it's going to get irky. When it takes mods to patch it, you know it's borked. When LL however starts making mods of quality even higher than that on a common basis, and there's SFW options even better than your paid mods and some Nexus mods, you know something has gone horribly wrong. Or it's been years since it was out.

My "fixes" would be resolving the endings where the majority no longer need the complete obliteration of the institute nor BoS. Instead takeovers could be possible depending on factors upon both current choices and character stats like charisma. Though some are cult like, so member obliteration would happen in any number of ways.

Add in the Enclave. Basically rip off America Rising, but it takes far longer and needs a number of logistics and time to build up. Outposts and spaces needing to be made to increase population, training facilities, storage, etc. This would be crossed over with its own pros and cons for other factions. Institute is easiest. The majority of its needs are in that ruin. All you'd need is more resources to build more synths, but the way they're handled could require you making certain measures to cover it. The Enclave wouldn't be a insta-threat, nor be the #1 enemy. Their choices would correspond with events committed over time. If they followed the similar premise as that mod, there could be an option to overthrow leadership or even just inspire someone else to take it over. They, you, or story events could make them more tame, more indifferent, or absolutely genocidal. We care about that story potential as well as RPG stuff.

Gunplay would not be exactly changed. If anything it'd be built upon. There would no longer be that autohealing of crippled limbs. Though they may be harder to cripple if armored, or by endurance. Thus, it'd take higher caliber weaponry, explosives, and certain melee weapons to get it crippled without suddenly murdering the NPC or player. We would readd the text bar to choose and see dialogue, and expand upon that. Voice acting would stay in.

We'd have fixed that Preston spam glitch before release. Bring in some features from new Vegas and expand upon them. Primarily the whole and better ammunition concept, and factional reaction. Now, there is some existing story elements such as with kel', that shows some care went into it but got rushed, abandoned, and/or not followed through. Certainly retain those and their feeling, but make the whole main narrative that. It's a fallout game, so those wanting a full "my story" thing can still do other things or ignore the main story. We'd fill the sea with more life and locations as it was seemingly planned. You however, are not bamblasted into being a good guy. That's your choice. Enough of the always a hero crap.

the dlc would be fixed in this way: throw out paid mod bullshit. Just tune that into the game. Keep nuka world, automatron, and far harbor. Since you can be hyper evil by default, the narrative's start of NW is not as fixed. Automatron would be deeply expanded upon with existing and new parts, but depending on the story choices, resources, and settlement development, you can build your own synth. Prior to deployment, you could get a menu akin to character creation of you try making an android. Yes, it's categorical. We ain't fucking greek. Use gynoid if you want specifics, or capitalize Android.

alternatively if you're all for the institute, recovered it's tech, or occupied it, automatron would allow you to make android synths, but not outside. If it was lost or damaged, you're done m8. But the older standard could be done. Honestly, I don't know how to improve far harbor. I'm sure there's something. We'd make an entirely new dlc that'd be focused on a more sea based environment. We'd do a doom styled Easter Egg-like alt ending, where you meet the strongest enemy in the entire video game. You have to do a literal boss fight, where you fight a certain two entities, before you meet your most harrowing challenge. MechaHoward.

He arrives from the ceiling slowly floating down, and is followed by three vertibirds. They deploy power armored BoS with heavy weapons, as he taunts you one final time. It is meant to act like a sense of dread and/or been betrayed. But does not affect relation with factions unless you've already pissed off the BoS. Then the real war starts as he hurls a mini nuke at you like liberty prime. His abilities being a plasma spam from both hands and his eyes that cover most of the room he faces, but with the ability to jump over or try to dodge. His other attack is speeding to you and smacking you with a legendary power fist, that electrifies you. In-between, he menacingly floats in the air looking down at you. He also carries a missile launcher. By the end of the fight, any PA you have has been effectively broken. You're low on ammunition or you won by merely bashing him in a melee charge, his minions litter the battlefield, pieces of destroyed vertibirds everywhere. But you should have a sense of satisfaction. Now, you can dominate the world.

that's how I'd fix fallout 4.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

First of all, fix the writing. The best part of the Mystery Dungeon games were their more detailed and more mature stories. The beats of a good story are in there, if I remember well, but it was hidden under a thick coat of cheesy, kidsey dialogue. Get rid of all the crying and tone down the power of friendship (TM) a bit, and that plot would shine through a lot better.

Secondly, overhaul the autolevelling system. In these games, your team members at home gain experience just like the ones in your party. I understand why they did this, it can be tedious levelling each individual member in the old games, but they overdid it. Not only did it get rid of any reason to visit the earlier levels (besides recruiting), but it's overwhelming to bring a teammate you've left out for a few dungeons and now they've gained 10 levels. A better setup would be for this experience gain to be capped at a certain amount, resetting when you bring them into a dungeon. Alternatively, the amount of experience gained by at-home teammates could be a much smaller amount, maybe 5-10% of the experience earned by active members?
(As a side note, the concept that your moves could level up for more power/pp was a great idea. Keep that.)

Finally, fix the team leader-changing system. Or more specifically, incorporate it into the main game instead of forcing you to do it separately. This is the least egregious of the three, but it's still annoying that I can't make any meaningful progression or incorporate the main characters into the party. It's potentially game-breaking too, if you use the aforementioned experience share mechanic to overlevel your main characters. The best fix is to do what the former games did and shunt the team-leader changer into the postgame and let you include you hero and partner into that party.

I wanted love Gates to Infinity so badly; Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky (the earlier Mystery Dungeon titles) were some of my favorites. But the writing and the experience share kept me from really enjoying it.

I'm stunned by the fact that Kazami always manages to turn his answers to simple questions into an entire essay. I don't know how he does it, but I'm stunned.

What's the sickest burn you've ever heard in a rap battle?

*in thick American accent* What the hell's a prom?

Back in muh day, we had uh presidential battleship to straighten them there peasants out. Ain't no freaky jig gonna hold me down from achieving muh goals. Homeschooled and eternal self teaching gang ahoy.

Alright gentlemen, we got em.

Because he's an SCP, and if caught he has the ability to reappear pretty much everywhere if unobserved. Having the ability to copy oneself, the only logical solution is to put them into multiple books and other media not already breached, for constant observation. Thereby, Waldo hides to escape containment, so the containment is to ensure they're stuck in a permanent state of hiding. Otherwise ████ ████ ███████ ██ ███.

Yeet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back