Other Random question of the day

Don't pay attention to that garbage they are nothing but back stabbing, front stabbing, selfish, self-indulged, self-righteous, dicks who should all be thrown on an island to fight it out Gladiator style until only one is left alive. That last one will be stranded on that island until they die.

*Sigh* As someone who worked in a record shop for a long time, I hate this topic. Artists who can make money are allowed to make a living off of their work. Not everyone is so lucky, and those I've seen smack talk about those who make it big are often bitter that they have to work two to three day-jobs to make ends meet while their work with their band goes nowhere. I understand both sides of the story, but I don't enjoy it when the conversation turns to "sellouts."

I would say that “selling out” is sometimes just the natural progression of a band or artist. If their music becomes more “mainstream “ is that selling out or is their effect on popular culture just more apparent? Does taking that route mean that artists can continue making the music they want to make later in their career? Or maybe artists just start to suck after a while, and money just polishes up their turds.

Random question of the day:

Do you hate it when YouTubers make questionable decisions that benefit them on a finiancial level?
So you are asking if I hate people for making the financialy intelligent decision?

If they didn't make the financialy intelligent decision I would question their intelligence.

Do you hate it when YouTubers make questionable decisions that benefit them on a finiancial level?

I hate it when anyone makes a questionable decision. I hate it more when people project imaginary deeds or motivations onto that person or start hating them or their work over a situation they don’t understand.

Hate? No, I do not react so strongly to such things anymore.
I feel disappointment instead - especially when someone spends years building up their channel by extolling the importance of interdependence and transparency, only to throw it all under the bus for a couple of Ks. But I'd argue one cannot make an intelligent financial decision by undermining one' own integrity. Much like trust, it is not always renewable.

Was new to uni and the internet wasn't on for another week. Partner and I decided to race each other on the floor, like caterpillars. Wrapped ourselves up in soft blankets for the least friction on wooden floors and boom, wriggling nonsense. Ended up feeling ill for the rest of the day thanks to the heavy blankets, laughter, nonsense cardio and summer heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back