Other Random question of the day

As long as it's just the character getting upset and not the player it's ok I think. I mean, if the ship got denied it means the character got rejected after maybe having some hopes up so it's normal to be upset.
Whether annoying or no, it depends on what the player writes.

Depends on the roleplayer's general attitude, the moment in the RP, what exactly the character does when upset, among many other factors. A character getting upset over a rejection, like anything else of the type in roleplaying, is by itself neutral and the surrounding circumstances and the quality of the writing are what make it a good or bad thing.

Its also worth noting that even if one finds it annoying, it's not necessarily a problem that ought to be solved. For instance, if one is in a group RP and a character after adequate build-up wants to attempt to get into a romantic relationship with another, only to find themselves rejected, its a normal thing for the character to be upset. If the player controlling the character that rejected the other feels annoyed because, say, of the feeling of guilt resulting from pitying the rejected character I would argue that in that type of situation the player making their character upset is for one entirely justified and for two not doing anything that ought to be stopped.

Plenty of times, especially when I was younger and related more to that kind of edgy music about the world being against ya in stuff (did grow more self-aware over time, but still like a lot of those songs funny enough).

To some extent XD They can make people too competitive.

Permanently ruin? I doubt it, unless one of your friends is just that sore a loser or there were already issues.

In the short-term, though, make me play Monopoly and I'll be in a sour mood for at least the next couple hours.

Not permanently, but they can leave bitter feelings for a few hours and create rivalries.

Lolol, I feel if a friendship is completely ruined because of a game, they were already gonna have some major issues at some point.down the line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back