• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pathfinder or 3.5? [Closed]

Oh, I see! So you are willing to take hits to gain more points and get scores you need... Interesting.

Well, we will wait for DM's ruling on it. All hail the mighty DM?

*and coming down from the heaven's bareing gifts for all ori announces*

i shall be using a 30 point make, also i have a little.. fun thing that made my little victims... i mean players try to do more spectacular deeds. a sort of reward system that gives you bonuses should you prove yourself worthy of them, basically a thing that says. "you know what, your cool i like you, heres a gold star and a candy bar." should it be a small bonus to a skill or something or simply something that says your a good person. think of it kind of like a title system. the bonuses will be superficial but still helpful.

For example spending each morning training and preparing yourself may just net you something worthwhile, or notice soemthing that has changed about your kit, or maybe spot soemthing you never really noticed before, go the extra mile, in this format of playing we can put more detail into our actions and what we do and say is fully heard.. since we aren't yelling over others.

you CAN roll if you wish 4d6 7 times, throw away whichever you wish as the 7nth and I'm willing to let you roll the bunch twice, even then if you dislike it, go for points.. I wnat you guys to suceed, failure should be an after thought, go forth and be the adventurers you so wish to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
ah crap the level uhh.... lets see... sure why not.

also, I tend to like story more then battles so... ya'll fine with me saying when yea level up? experience = the crap you've seen and survived so it makes sense to me atleast.

Okay! Will post a PDF for the character sheet in the first post. Should we send these to you when we're done? (Side note, regardless I won't be able to send mine until tomorrow as I still have the 24 hour until can access everything).

That sounds good to me ^^

Orikanyo said:
ah crap the level uhh.... lets see... sure why not.

also, I tend to like story more then battles so... ya'll fine with me saying when yea level up? experience = the crap you've seen and survived so it makes sense to me atleast.
I'll be more than happy to let myself in thy hands, Orikanyo. Like you, all I really care for is the story. I chose Pathfinder as my main workframe because it's character progression, classes, archetypes, and rules gives (more or less), detailed shape to the ideas I have in contrast with other more free-form RP systems, but that's me. I'm here to be part of an story, above anything else: to meet people, to see things, to do things, to get awesome bros and sis, fall in love hard (if possible), adventure, enlightenment, etc...

right, so.. I have an idea, more like a simple choose your own adventure deal, as it should be really. not like a two paths to one is good the other is evil, more like both will end up being rather confusing and utterly foolish, in a good way.

where you go will be up tto the lot of you, I simply give directions and what is currently happening across the world, stuff can and will happen with or without you, hell sometimes things will be better resolved without you, sometimes the small things you do will amount to larger things being easier in the future, butterfly effect style.

i will give you two options after we get the whole intro down, for which i am currently writing down a few things, imagine it as you would a normal adventure, a glorified roadtrip, walk along a path, see a tunnel, want to check it out? more detailed but thats essentually what i'm talking about. Hell your own character can HAVE a destination in mind, maybe a package to deliver, a person to assassinate, a village that needs a cure to a plague. the more pressing the matter the more you get for having it resolved, as Gm I give rewards as I see fit.

that sound fine to you all? I'll be starting during a small festival, one of my favorite goddess no less (praise be unto Sheylin), don't be afraid to do as your character would do, I'm open to all things.

Now then... how the hell do i open a thread? the times i've GMed have been IRL, haven't actually made a thread here yet... uhh...

Orikanyo said:
right, so.. I have an idea, more like a simple choose your own adventure deal, as it should be really. not like a two paths to one is good the other is evil, more like both will end up being rather confusing and utterly foolish, in a good way.
where you go will be up tto the lot of you, I simply give directions and what is currently happening across the world, stuff can and will happen with or without you, hell sometimes things will be better resolved without you, sometimes the small things you do will amount to larger things being easier in the future, butterfly effect style.

i will give you two options after we get the whole intro down, for which i am currently writing down a few things, imagine it as you would a normal adventure, a glorified roadtrip, walk along a path, see a tunnel, want to check it out? more detailed but thats essentually what i'm talking about. Hell your own character can HAVE a destination in mind, maybe a package to deliver, a person to assassinate, a village that needs a cure to a plague. the more pressing the matter the more you get for having it resolved, as Gm I give rewards as I see fit.

that sound fine to you all? I'll be starting during a small festival, one of my favorite goddess no less (praise be unto Sheylin), don't be afraid to do as your character would do, I'm open to all things.

Now then... how the hell do i open a thread? the times i've GMed have been IRL, haven't actually made a thread here yet... uhh...
ñ.n; We are in the same boat there, Orikanyo: I registered like a day ago.

well, I do know how the dice system works, look at you most recent post and click roll dice on the bottom right corner, you can also click DICE up top on that blue bar on the top of your browser and you'll find yourself on a page with a bunch of rolls done, and yours if you rolled on this page before hand. click on roll, a blue button just below your notification stuff and then you can roll as you did on this page, you can then collect the roll BBcode, copy and paste it on here to show the roll in post, another trick i found is when you roll, it puts the bbcode within the post, looks kinda icky and out of place, so edit your post by clicking edit in the bottom left and relocate the bb code as you see fit.

just a tutorial.

Hmm... As I've created a thread (this one ^^; ) I guess I'm the leading expert? O.o From what I understand you would make the thread in this section:

Dice | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

There should be a 'new thread' button at the bottom of the list so scroll all the way down.

From what I'm seeing we can create a 'Character thread' that houses our character sheets? Though I would be uncertain on that. And there's the Out of Character thread for if we don't want to keep spamming this one. It also looks like there's a support forum so if it's too confusing we can just look there.

aye I have that much down, gona be having a few tabs for stuff like initative, mechanics, a group diary page that sort of thing.

Ehm, in that regard, fellas, I have this DOCX format that I designed. It has helped me TONS and it incorporates as much as possible. Feel free to use it if you like it.

MEGA

(Uploaded it to MEGA because the site would not allow DOCX files.)

alright, just making a few changes to stuff and I'll link ya'll toe verything, sicne its a road trip adventure I'll be updating scenery and such as we go, gona take a day or so to have every basic thing up.

yep, roll the bunch twice and choose which you'd rather take. best of luck to yea.

[dice]12193[/dice]

14, 14, 12, 12, 11, 11

[dice]12197[/dice]

14, 13, 13, 12, 10, 8

that is a suprisingly moderate roll.

meh, its up to how you play the character in the end, don't let moderation get yea down. if yea don't like it, you can always go for the 30 point buy.

Welcome to the feats section! the place where everyone judges you for your choices when there is really not correct way to do things! 8throws confetti*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back