• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Iron Itsumade -
"Night Time, Bird Village, The Higlands"

“I like to tinker and work with metals.” Isa grinned. “But if that’s okay with ya? It’s only for the two weeks I’ll wait for Moss.”

O Ancient Loki, he sounded like he is waiting for his Prince Charming.......Cook charming?

Zer0 Zer0

- Iron Itsumade -

"Hmmm, my weapons are my precious babies. Come back tomorrow and tell me all about your experience in metal work, then I'll give you a test. If you're good enough then yes, you can work here." smiled Sen, nodding.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Iron Itsumade -

“Alright.” Isa grinned like a cat. “Then I’ll come back around the morning? Or noon?”

After knowing the time, the redhead went to the Chickadee inn, and checked in. Waiting for Moss to connect him again tonight.

Zer0 Zer0

- Iron Itsumade -

"Six the morning." grinned Sen. "We start the day early in my shop."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Iron Itsumade -

243447AE-5A98-4AF6-B08E-11F9E935D0F1.jpeg “Alright.” After talking with Moss to let him know where to find him, the redhead slept.

In the next morning, Isa woke up with a start. Silently gasping for air as he shuffled himself to sit. His nightmare this time seemed to be less horrifying, saved by a familiar voice who brought him back from turning into demon.

Are his goals shifting? He still needs to think about it.

With a stretch of his bare arms — now marked in black ink that made him smile and pray —- Isa got ready and left the tavern. Orange, yellows, and baby blues colored the morning skies. Birds chirping as it greeted those few who were awake. Like the red headed satyr woman who carries a five barrels on her own and a blonde lady lightly plucking her violins strings to check on the sound. The redhead seemed to gotten distracted by the melodious sound that he bumped into someone and quickly apologized.

”I’m sorry! I didn’t see where I was-

“Nah, it’s fine.” Said the smooth accented man. Isa looked up and blinked. Oh! It was the blonde man from yesterday night. Now with a closer look, he seems princely in his own right or a knight with that wooden sword on his side.

”I got distracted. I hope I din’nt-“

”Oh, no. I’m quite fine, thank you.” Isa replied quietly, grinning a bit.

”Oh good. I bettah get goin’. Good morning.” Said the blonde with a bright puppy smile.

”Good morning, sir.” He watched the swordsman leave before going towards the smithy where it’s smoky once more. Not seeing the blonde man’s puppy smile turn into a worried frown. “So dat’s who buggin‘ James. He seemed nice though. Not annoyin’. Odd....pfft-!” This should be funny to watch.

Once Isa reached the smithy, he knocked on the doorframe and went inside with a greet. Wearing without the purple torn coat and just his long sleeved shirt, pants, gloves, and boots. “Ready to be tested, Sen.” He said with a grin.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Iron Itsumade -
"The Next Day, Bird Village, The Higlands"

That night, Moss tired voice sleepily murmurred inside Isa's head again, saying he's safe under a hole in the snow next to a half burried autumn pine. He was glad Isa was settling well in the village and told him that the husband of Chenglei, Master of the Rising Crane Dojo, sells wonderful ramen called "Golden Goodness" in the Vermillion Den. He believe his name was Kenen? Or Kenren? He wasn't sure, but it was delicious, if ever Isa was craving some hot soup. James the bookshop owner of the Snowy Owl also knew some ruins around the area if Isa wanted to go exploring.

The next morning, Sen greeted the biker with a, "Morning, Isa! "I'll be right with you in ten minutes, just need to make some adjustments to a suspension coil ." The blacksmith was seated on a stool across a blue haired woman, a tattoo on her nape, and a mechanical arm stretched on the table where Sen was tinkering on a half disassembled forearm with brass gears and copper wiring. "Minnie, this is Isa, the one I told you about last night. Isa, this is my wonderful wife, Minnie." He beamed at her.

Sen said that he forgot to tell Isa that Smoky was at the back of the smithy, in the large tool shed next to the lumber yard, and hidden under a wide stone trapdoor that'll appear if you said the words, "Crucible Steel". He gave him the keys to the padlocks of the toolshed and trapdoor and there was Smoky, with something dangling from the handlebars: Moss' nail cutter. And beside the motorbike was a bulky package wrapped in familliar red cloth, the ancient weapons and strange giant killing gear from Elunore.

Sen's test was a breeze for Isa, and the blacksmith was so satisfied he trusted him with the important work of crafting the trigger and firing mechanisms of his matchlock rifles, and the suspension coils and power box of a couple of prosthesis of a few bandits and templar soldier clients of his.

Yes, Isa learned as the few days passed by, that bandits and templars visited the village, but didn't fight each other nor arrest Sen for all the mechromancy he was doing. It seemed that his wife Minnie was no other than The Daughter of Giantsbane. She was one of the seven bandit warlords, though she neither looked nor acted like a crook, and it was her iron rule, subtley felt in this village that didn't have any guards that kept the order around here.

Sometimes though, Isa would notice shadowy figures moving under the cover of darkness, or behind walls in the village. Asking around, they seemed to be the silent guardians of the place, who answered to the Dojo Master and the Vermillion Den owner.

Moss's voice talked to him every morning and evening, asking how Isa was faring in the smithy and if the people were kind to him and that they had better, and telling him that he himself was okay. Always okay. Too okay, maybe? But Moss' voice was always reassuring and sure.

Then, on the third day, a horn sounded in the distance. In the distant merchant's road, there was a company of armored chocobos running towards the village, their riders, templar knights carried the banner of a silver tree.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Iron Itsumade -
"The Next Day, Bird Village, The Higlands"

When Minnie turned around, Isa blinked owlishly. She looked very similar to someone he’s seen but- oh. Oh! Minnie looks very similar to Abigail in Elunore. Blue hair—Though Minnie’s is a boy it while Abigail had long hair — cooling gaze, even the clothes looked similar. White sleeveless shirt tucked in dark brown pants and boots. Belts strapped and crisscrossing her legs, chest, and hips. Around the shoulders and draped down her back is a long soft teal scarf that’s pinned with mistletoe.

Sen’s wife stared at the redhead, her lips quirked into a subtle smile. “Welcome to Bird Village, Isa. Please watch over my husband, he may be a bit crazy, but has a good heart.” She chuckled at Sen’s exclamation. When Sen passed him the garage key, Isa went over to check on his bike and paused at the sight of the nail clippers. Shaking his head as he smiled warmly.

“Oh Moss...” He muttered, amused and tender. Spotting the bulky package, Isa wondered if he should tell Sen about this contraption as well, but waited until the both of the, had a break from working others’ orders. He was glad to have passed and even have Sen’s confidence to work on the harder sets of orders.

As the days passed, Isa noticed how the Templars and Bandits would quietly ignore the other unless needed. Not picking fights or getting arrested and that’s because of Minnie’s iron rule of no fights. You wanted to fight? Then go outside of her territory. It’s fascinating how this woman can watch everyone without watching everyone —- or that’s what Isa believed. Until one night, he spotted shadows among the shadows. Figures hiding in plain sight of the Raising Dojo and Vermillion Den. He found that interesting too as one day, eating the famed ramen Moss was talking about, Isa asked Kenren if he was one of the guards like James. “This is really good.” He muttered, slurping up the rest of the dish.

Whenever Moss talked with him, Isa would always ask “Are you doing okay? Are you fine?” and Moss would always respond “I’m okay.” It sparked suspicions within Isa and he prayed every night to Loki if he can watch over him. Let him know should something dangerous happen to Moss. James’ words about creatures of the Void caused Isa to worry that there might be one out there right now, but it can’t be.....right? No way. Right?

”Everyone is very nice to me, Moss. The ramen tasted good too! You should try some when ya get here.” Isa replied, grinning. “Please stay safe, Moss.”

On the third day, when Isa was coming back from delivering a new weapon to a customer, he whipped his head around at the sound of the horn. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the silver tree. Then he ran to the bookshop, to Vermillion Den, to Raising Dojo to tell each owner the same thing: “There’s a whole army of Templar knights coming this way with a flag raised high.” Then he ran over to Sen to tell him the same thing as the knights got closer and closer.

Zer0 Zer0

sdfsdf.jpg
- Iron Itsumade -
"3 Days Later, Bird Village, The Highlands"

Sen adored his wife, always looking at her like she's cool.

In the ramen shed in the Vermillion Den, Kenren nodded gracefully, his golden hair ornament glinting in the afternoon light, as he brushed the feathers of a crooning chocobo. "Yes, I do my part. You'll find our village a safe place to rest in from all dangers outside and within." he smiled when Isa said the ramen was good. "It's my husband Chenglei's recipe!" he enthused. "He would cook this up for me whenever I'm sick, or if it's a particularly cold evening. He is a very warm and caring man." he sighed, clearly still lovesick. "You can say that I am a hopeless ramen-tic for him~"

Moss was glad Isa was doing well. In his last message, his teeth was chattering from the cold wherever he was. He looked forward to that ramen too, and ended his message with a, "Yes, I always d-do my b-best to be safe, Isa, and take only preplanned r-risks. Good night, filos mou."

On the third day, James told Isa it was alright, Minnie will take care of it; Kenren on the other hand, went with Isa to the dojo to reassure Chenglei that he'll go meet the Templars with Minnie; Sen went to look for his wife, just as the company stopped an arrow's shot away from the village, and a lone rider approached the village gates.

"Hail, Giantsbane's Daughter!" said the rider, dismounting from his chocobo. "I bring a message from Inquisitor Giovanni, as you know, we have been on the hunt for two thieves since six months ago. We had word that one of them was spotted here." and he held out a wanted poster Isa had seen around the village that had a bounty as large as a tyrant monster. "We humbly request permission to search and question the villagers once again for the next three days."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Iron Itsumade -

Isa simply slurped the noodles as he watched the love struck Kenren be all swoon-y. Thinking about Moss once more that day.

Isa came out of Sen’s smithy and quietly stepped towards the village gates. Passing by Chenglei who is leaning against his dojo. On his right side of the hip, a black sword ready to serve it’s master who is currently staring at his husband and the lone rider. The redhead stood slightly behind Kenren, peeking out playfully.

“Greetings, rider.” A woman’s voice rumbled like a thunder; seemingly low and purring. It was soothing to hear but- WHEN WAS SHE NEARBY?! Sen found her quickly! Isa jumped as Minnie stepped forward with her husband beside her. Despite her small height and boyish face, her presence demanded attention and courtesy. Winds danced with leaves, causing her teal scarf to billow with each step. Her blacken earring jingling. Sunlight reflected back from her right mechanical arm as her cool gaze stayed on the rider and his group.

As they listened, Isa’s eyes stared at the picture, showing nothing on his face. It’s that guy-! The one in his dreams! He’s here?! The redhead didn’t move or talk.

Minnie narrowed her icy eyes. Her usual neutral expression turned steely cold as her lips tightened. “Too long. One day of searching. Otherwise, I refuse to lend anymore help on this search of yours.“

Zer0 Zer0

- Village Gate -

edd705bf5cc00410ce4ff6ccce34f54a.jpg

"Very well, my lady, I shall relay your words to Inquisitor Giovanni." said the messenger, bowing without showing any emotion except for his pleasant face. The messenger rode away, and the same horn sounded, and the company moved forward, a man in an iron mask in the lead.

This man rode a winged lion, and he barked orders for the company of knights, about sixty in number to search the village, and they scattered. He dismounted, he was tall, standing a foot above the tallest man in the company, broad with large arms, and on his side, a long sword with a handle that looked half a gun trigger. There was an older man beside him, who had a long ratty face, and wore robes of black and gold. He carried a floating book with him where a quill was whizzing to and fro across the pages, writing by itself.

"Lady Giantsbane." the large masked man bowed slightly. Isa could see ugly burn marks across the chin and neck that wasn't hidden by the mask. Minnie knew this man as Inquisitor Giovanni, a hunter of mechromancers for the last twenty years who's sense of justice was old fashioned blood and brimstone. No mercy for his guilty quarry. And infamous for collecting trophies, usually body parts, of the mechromancers he's killed. He and his knights had fought against Minnie and her crew years ago, not just to claim The Highlands for farming lands, but also for Sen and James' heads for dabbling in mechromancy and researching the artifacts in the Sunken Temple and surrounding ancient ruins, and making their knowledge public. They ceased when the Grand Cleric, Val Royeaux, head of the Templar faction ordered a ceasefire and signed a treaty with Minnie to stop the bloodshed.

"You look well." said the Inquisitor in a deep voice, totally ignoring Kenren, Sen, and Isa. "Word has come to me of an otherworldly abomination that was sighted first close to your village: giant centipede like body, a hundred human arms for legs, and it flew. It chased a man with silver hair, a horn on his head. We also gathered that it appeared around the same time as this man came here. Witnesses said he told them that he came from Windshear, via the ruined portal in the Sunken Temple. He was looking for a man with red hair, blue eyes, by the name of Isa Bianchi." his calm, but cold gaze turned on Isa, before returning to Minnie. "And not long after that, we received word that the thief we've been searching for months was spotted here. It seems too much of a coincidence. Do you know anything about these things?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Village Gate -

Maybe it was the hoard of riding Templars coming in or how deadly calm Minnie is, but Isa felt nervous. Not for his safety but of something else. Red flags waving high in his mind as he watched a large man on a winged lion come close to the imposing Lady Giantsbane.

Minnie nodded respectfully. “Inquisitor Giovanni. You seem healthy again. I’m glad Renee’s efforts were not in vain.”

As he recalled his information to the lady and her group, Kenren can feel Isa grabbing onto the back of his shirt at the mention of Moss. His hand trembling. The redhead’s face stayed cheerful and waved casually at the inquisitor when he looked at him coldly.

“Ah. I’m aware of the portals, Isa, and the horned man. Not about your thief or much on the creature.” Minnie replied. “The horned man and Isa warned me about the portals. So I sent men to investigate the portals as soon as I first heard about it. Those two are not suspicious since they upfront told me.”

Well no, Isa told James about the portals, but the redhead guessed that James must have told Minnie through ley messages. Minnie continued.

”This horrid creature —- it’s called the Tuilpost. It’s causing too much of a stir for my liking. Some of the traders that came by started talking about it. Flew over their heads and was chasing after a strange bear whale and after that chased after the horned man while he was chucking javelins. Any reason as to why you, of all people, are interested in the Tuilpost?” She asked.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Village Gate -

"It is dangerous and must be destroyed." said Inquisitor Giovanni. "Like you, we wish to keep the peace and protect the trade routes. We'll be putting up bounties of the creature. Tuilpost. " he chuckled. "Cute. Who coined that term?"

"I did." said Sen.

The Inquisitor, chuckled as though Sen was childish. "Tuilpost it is. Well, I'll be proceeding with the investigations, Lady Giantsbane." he bowed again. "You, boy, you fit the description of who that horned man was looking for." he said to Isa. "Come here, I have some questions for you." and without waiting for a reply, walked outside the village where a tent had been set up by the soldiers.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Village Gate -

Isa blankly watched the inquisitor go inside his tent. His lips pinched in a flat line. “Do I have to go?” He muttered in utter annoyance that only a teenager can achieve. Minnie quietly chuckled, holding onto Sen’s hand.

”Don’t be a brat. Go and hear what the inquisitor has to say.”

”I don’t wanna. He might punch me and knock me out.”

”He won’t. He knows I’m vouching for you and Moss, so you’re safe.” Minnie replied. Not facing the redhead.

”. . . Don’t waaannnnnaaaaa~ ouch!”

”Go.” Minnie said calmly. Like she didn’t just take three steps just to kick his knee.

”Fine. Fine! I’m going-! I’m going. Yeesh!” Isa stomped his way to the tent, pouting. Gloved hands in his pocket as he said out loud. “You could have said please, at least!”

Everyone can see Minnie rolling her eyes, a smirk stretched across her face. “He takes after you too much, Sen.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Inquisitor's Tent -
"Outside of the Village Gate, Bird Village, The Highlands"

"That makes it sound like he's our kid or something." said Sen, bewildered. Then he gave Minnie a secret smile, and squeezed her hand warmly.

"I will wait for Isa to come out." Kenren told Minnie reassuringly. He looked back to give Chenglei a smile. He nodded at the tent, then looked back at him meaningfully, before going over to lean outside the gates, watching as Isa stepped in.

It was spartan inside, only the bare essentials: A cot on the opposite end, a barrel with an oil lamp and water basin on the lid, a backpack hanging from a tent frame in the corner, and a large polar bear rug spread out in the center. Inquisitor Giovanni sat in front of his cot, laying his long sword across his lap.

"Sit, Isa Bianchi." he looked at him from head to toe from behind his iron mask. Isa could see a sigil carved on its forehead. "I am guessing you are a mechromancer. Let's not do magic to avoid problems." he placed a calm hand on the hilt of his blade. "So tell me, how exactly did you and your friend get here through portals that have been in ruins for hundreds of years?

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Inquisitor's Tent -

“Thank you.” Minnie nodded at Kenren and went back inside the village to watch over the questioning. Chenglei, who saw Kenren’s smile, smiled back, staying by his spot as Isa went inside. As much as the blonde wanted to run over to his love, he has to stay inside. Make sure the knights are not taking advantage as they did their search of the day.

“Nah, I’ll stay here, standing. Thanks for the offer.” The redhead was only a step inside, not going away from the only exit way out. He doesn’t trust this guy or whatever essential items this guy has. He listened then answered the question. Counting the events down by tapping his fingers.

”Saw it needed pieces. Sneaked in a kutulu camp to use the forge, stole ragnite, jumped off a cliff and that’s it.” Isa knew Minnie already knows. He wasn’t gonna lie now just because this guy is huge. Plus he wasn’t scary. If the man believed that Isa is horrified by his burns, then he got another thing coming.

Zer0 Zer0

- Inquisitor's Tent -

"What of the teleportation spell itself? How did your friend end up here weeks before you did?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Inquisitor's Tent -

“Ah! Right.“ Isa rubbed his forehead, trying to remember. It has been three days. Sure, he has a good memory, but those events blurred after the night he finally contacted Moss. The relief was so much at that time, all he wanted to do was just listen to the merman talk until he slept. Still, he’s pretty sure Minnie knows already.

”There were runes involved and it was my mistake that we got separated.” He said. Shrugging nonchalantly. “I must have messed up the runes, got him to the Sunken temple before I did.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Inquisitor's Tent -

“I don’t know. All I know is that seventeen days passed when I got here.” Isa said.

Zer0 Zer0

- Inquisitor's Tent -

"An unfortunate mishap." said the Inquisitor. "Well it is good that you arrived in one piece, though I wonder how when The Sunken Temple portal has been in ruins. As far as I've read, you need two working portals to travel between them, pity that your ordeal has affected your memory."

"You do know, that such magic is forbidden and dangerous, punishable by burning? But that can be ammended if . . . you come and join our faction. A boy with your talents has a place in our order. We can offer you safety, the freedom to tinker as much as you wish, riches, a home in Vanar, women, only tell us everything that you know in return. What do you say?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Inquisitor's Tent -

”That’s a generous offer, Inquisitor, but I must decline.” Isa grinned, leaning on the heel of his right foot.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Inquisitor's Tent -

"Well, consider it at least. You do not need to be so hasty in your decision. I'd hate it if something happened to your friend who went looking for you." The black eyes behind the mask glinted. "You may leave."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Pressing the red button -

“Okaaay~” Isa sang out playfully as he turned around. Before he’d open the tent’s flap, however, he said: “Oh! Before I go, I need to correct ya on something.”

”I’m not a Mechromancer. I use divinity. May my Ancient lord judge your soul fairly, Inquisitor.” Isa purred and he left the tent. His grin tensed and pinched as he reached Kenren. Standing beside him.

”Mind if I speak with ya about something?” He asked politely, still grinning. His hands clutching tight on his coat.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Inquisitor's Tent -

The Inquisitor just chuckled, the way a wolf would at a puppy barking as though it was grown up. He looked like he was having fun, but the way a predator would.

Outside, the man with the ratty face and a floating book and quill, watched Isa as he left, petting the large winged lion that was curled up next to its master's tent.

At the gates, Kenren nodded calmly at Isa. "Of course, come to my husband's dojo." And he let Isa walk first, him following behind like a guard.

When they reached Chenglei, he held his hand, saying, "Isa wants to talk, I suggested your dojo, Chenglei, if that's alright?" He glanced behind his husband to see if there were any students inside.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back