• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Frozen Mine -
"Mysterious Portal, Heart of Windshear Mountains"

With his spear slung across his back, Moss walked barefoot across the old mine railway and stopped at the banks of the frozen river where Isa had fallen through the ice. He put the kettle down, shrugged off all his clothes except for his pants, and then jumped into the hole. The water was cold and sharp, just the way he liked it, and he propelled himself towards the mute darkness of the river bottom, peace washing over him as he listened to the sounds of the water.

He had the urge to help Isa do more than find his uncle. Make him talk to cure him so that he wouldn't turn into a demon. The thought was horrible. Such a nice man didn't deserve such a fate. But killing was such a serious thing. Would Moss help him do that? Moss had no right to judge his uncle, but he didn't want Isa to turn into a demon either.

He reemerged, sweeping his wet hair back out of his eyes. Moss scrubbed himself clean, then dove back down to explore the bottom and just swim just because.

After exactly ten minutes, Moss came splashing back into the room with wet footsteps, the kettle full of water. His breath coming out in wisps, his lips slightly purple from the cold.

"You said you were looking for leads of that flthy uncle of yours. Did you find anything in Cascata dell' Oceano?"

He sat across him, making sure not to splash Isa in his passing, and moved around the erupe meat that had been sizzling in the pan since a few minutes ago. Moss placed the oriental kettle on the fire.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Next Day -
"Frozen Mine, Mysterious Portal, Heart of Windshear Mountains"

When he heard wet footsteps, Isa peeked over his shoulder and greeted Moss with a grin and a wave. He blinked owlishly, once again surprised by Moss’ actions and words. Then he stared at the fire in front of him, brows furrowed sadly.

”No. My lead turned out to be a dud.” Isa sighed. “The store owner mistaken someone else as my uncle.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"Alright." said Moss, looking at Isa thoughtfully. "When we get to a settlement, I'll help you ask around for him, if you like, Isa. What does he look like? And what clues do you have in finding him?" They talked about this as they had breakfast. Today's tea was assam, cardamom pods, dried oranges and the valerian blooms from yesterday. It was strong black tea spiked with oranges. The meat was plainly seasoned with just salt and pepper, but he braised it with the dregs of the fatty soup from yesterday to give it that extra flavor from the bone marrow.

Katsuya Katsuya

5C87C1C8-B552-4127-93C9-727307E86C06.jpeg
- Frozen Mine -

3C100664-7F6B-41A4-B347-CF92D3948D91.jpeg. Isa stared at Moss, smiling timidly. “Okay. Thanks, Moss.” The redhead described his uncle, his age, how he has salt and pepper hair, should be around his mid forties by now, every physical scar that’s visible. He even told him that he’d go to inns and bars in order to hear gossip about weird deaths that sound similar to his experience or of a scarred man that’s been hanging out in the shadows. Then he mentioned about his dreams.

“I’ve asked Ancient Loki to help in my search of my uncle too and he’s showing me the same dream. Of this leather bound book that has a swirling stone like a button for the book strap, laying on this wooden desk with scattered paper. I go near it and before I can open the book, a hand would grab my wrist and forces me to face this masked guy-“ Isa did his best to describe the white-haired mask and shuddered.

“I don’t understand it, but I’m keeping my ears and eyes open to look for this guy or the book I saw.” The redhead nibbled on his fork and sipped the tea, sighing happily at the warm leaf water keeping him warm too.

”Née, Moss? How come you’re now interested in my uncle? You weren’t like this before. So what gives?”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss nodded, scribbling with his charcoal stick on his journal as he listened. "Like this?" he held out three sketches of his uncle, the book, and the masked figure. Th-the drawings left much to be desired.

"I want to help you, Isa. You're my friend, and I don't want you to turn into a demon." He placed a hand on his shoulder. "Until our travels make us part ways, you can count on me to help." He thought for a moment. "And help catch him too." That was it. He was finally deciding to get involved in Isa's desires. Even if it will involve the killing of an absolute stranger to him.

He went back to eating his braised erupe meat. "So, what are we going to do today?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa stared at the drawings. Then he lightly poked the picture of his uncle. “He’s taller than the white mask guy.” He pointed out, grinning at the merman. As funny as the drawings were, the redhead appreciated the effort.

However the subject turned to a darker turn and the redhead looked at Moss. His brows furrowed in worry. “Are you sure? If you want out on the catching, I won’t stop ya. ——- I’m going to search again!” He grinned, gritting his teeth. “Hopefully, not drop into another mine shaft. Again.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"I'm sure, Isa." said Moss seriously. "I don't want you to turn into a demon." He paused. "And I don't want you to be sad because you think you're gross or something. A life lacking hugs is a sad life." He chewed on his meat. " Can I help you look for whatever you need for the portal? The sooner we get out of here the better."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa nodded to Moss’ help in searching, sticking a chunk of meat in his mouth. Indigo eyes shifted at the ground, head lowered, and shoulders hunched. A corner of his mouth quirked up, feeling humbled and touched. He hadn’t thought about his life like that before. A life without hugs is a sad one . . . He didn’t want to be sad anymore.

It’s nice to feel a little care . . .

A darkened hand roughly ruffled red hair as if to stop feeling the fluffy feels and Isa took another, but bigger bite. Only to choke on it. So he quickly patted the lower part of his neck where it meets his chest in hopes for the food to go down.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"Isa?!" said Moss in alarm. He dropped his food, then actually sommersaulted over the campfire, and then immediately hugged Isa in a heimlich maneuver.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

After three pushes, Isa managed to cough up the chunk of meat that lodged in his throat. Gasping and heaving in relief as air flowed back in his aching lungs. Leaning heavily on Moss, the redhead took deep breathes in attempt to calm down his coughs.

”T-thanks.” He coughed and sighed. Ignoring how freezing wet Moss is and how his clothes soaked up the leftover droplets. As he reassured the merman that he is fine now, Isa stabbed that same chunk of meat and ate it; this time, chewing it first before swallowing. His reasoning? “Better not waste good food.” He deadpanned and took a sip of tea. The merman literally somersaulted over a fire to save his life. The least he can do is eat every bit of food he makes, among other things. Finishing his meal and speaking on lighter topics, like the materials he needed, Isa grabbed his coat and zipped himself up.

“I’ll come with ya this time.” Isa said, grinning. “That way, you don’t need to worry about me like last night.”

Zer0 Zer0

299629e002357e9e2638da0b9f9859ce.jpg
- Where are we? -
"Frozen Mine"

"You don't have to eat it if it's dirty, but thanks for respecting my food." said Moss, pleased. He wrote and sketched out the things they needed, showing Isa his drawings for correction until they were set. Moss didn't trust their stuff to be safe while they were gone, so he packed up the dried erupe parts and everything else to carry them all with him. He saved up the bit of last tea in his flask, then straightened up, stomping out the fire and making sure not a living ember was flicking.

He nodded at Isa. "Alright, but you lead the way."

+7 from having a comfy sleep with a player character, good food, and some pampering.

The mine was deep, dark, frozen over, caved-in in many places, with rickety, rotten wooden support beams, and slippery slopes. Moss lit up his oil lantern and hung it around his belt. He followed Isa through the maze-like pathways, marking corners they passed with a slash of pink white chalk. He didn't talk much, and instead focused on listening and watching, as they climbed up frosted rock faces, walked carefully along the edges of cliff-sides that opened to gaping darkness below, and then roped down deep shafts.

They came upon many dead ends, broken railways, the metals twisted by frost and time, and pits where ore was excavated long ago. None were ragnite, though. As they delved deeper, the air became harder to breathe in some chambers, and it was freezing cold.

About four hours of fruitless searching, the two were climbing back up a shaft, when a sudden rumble from far away to the south, like the sound of tearing metal, splintering ice, and falling debris shook the cavern. Moss lost his grip on the ice wall.

"Isa!" he yelped, hand outstretched, falling into the darkness.

SPLASH

His oil lamp went out; powerful dark water was rushing him away, slamming him into jagged rocks and ice.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- We’re screwed -
"Frozen Mine"

Isa packed his items as well, leaving only Smoky behind, hidden under the stairs’ shadows and behind Isa’s simple illusion. “It would be too heavy.” He reasoned, shrugging his shoulders. Wearing his trench coat and gloves, raven staff tightly wrapped around his waist belt, the redhead nodded and led the way in the mines.

The deeper the pair went, the colder Isa felt. Despite his teeth chattering, paling face, and red nose, the redhead stayed quiet. Making sure that they weren’t being followed by something dangerous and only talked when he had to. After four hours, he felt hopeless, and suggested to go back up the shaft-

Only for a loud rubble shake the cavern, debris falling over them, and Moss yelled out for him. Isa reached out with wide panicked eyes.

“Moss-!”

Isa had a second to realize that he was falling too, his grip slipping from the shaking. Then he felt his body go into shock as he splashed into dark freezing waters. Air left his lungs in bubbles. He can feel himself being dragged away by the strong current, spinning him around as he felt jagged rocks and ice cut him. Cold piercing through his muscles and jabbing into his bones, making it hard for him to move. But he saw a flash of silvery grey hair in front of him and he made a reach. Just to be hit by something.

Zer0 Zer0

- Where are we? -
"Frozen Mine"

It was all rapid swirling dark, their sides slammed into the ice until with a break of sunlight, the two came shooting down a small icy waterfalls. Everything tumbled upside down for Moss. before splash he fell into water again, this time calmer, and he was able to grab on to a ledge --- no, it was a giant bone jutting out of the ice, and scrambled up, coughing, wincing, as pain shot from his back.

"Isa?!" he coughed, fumbling for his oil lamp. He lit it back up and the yellow glow flared in the darkness. Moss was surrounded by piles of bones, large insects scuttling away from the light at his feet. The air was thick and tinged green. He felt nauseous. "Isa?!" he called again, shining his lamp over the inky black water.

Katsuya Katsuya

-1 Hp for Isa and Moss. They are both bruised.

- Where are we? -
"Frozen Mine"

Moss quickly grabbed Isa's hand and hauled him out, remembering in alarm that Isa did not know how to swim.

Katsuya Katsuya

- We’re screwed -
"Frozen Mine"

As he was hauled out, Isa coughed. Heaving out water onto the icy bone, he weakly scrambled to safety. His freezing hand held Moss’ tightly like a lifeline even when he was on all fours as he gasped for air. Then he peered through his wet fringes, grinning unsurely with tinted blue lips.

”T-t-thanks, Mo-Moss.” He coughed. “S-s-saved me again.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Where are we? -
"Frozen Mine"

"No problem, filos mou." Moss grinned back at him and squeezed his hand. He winced as he stood up and looked around them. "Where are we?"

The cave smelled of decay, green tinged frosty mist swirling about their feet. There was a skittling and clicking sounds all around the land of bones they were in. And then, long hairy spindly legs emerged from the crevices and holes beneath the rocks and bones, long feelers attached to the shiny heads of large pale bugs came twitching towards their direction, curious, shying away from the light every time Moss moved his lamp.

There was a squishy goopy plopping, in a black smelly puddle some feet away from them at the dim edge of the lantern, black shapes curled and bobbed on the surface. Many large black worms bobbed their heads out. Holes where razor sharp teeth lined opened, popping out a repulsive fleshy eyeless head. It was just one hole of claw like circular teeth. And they slowly moved towards the two.

Katsuya Katsuya

- We’re leaving! -
"Frozen Mine"

Isa stood up with him, not willing to let go just yet as a familiar rancid smell invaded his nostrils. Slightly hunched over as he glared through his red hair, clearing his throat. Staring as the spindly legs emerged from the crevices and holes. He had enough potential deaths for today!

His eyes quickly roamed around the area before staring at somewhere he couldn’t see but he can tell. Something was there and it was safer compared to here. He can hear the slow tapping getting closer. Suddenly, Isa wrapped his arms around Moss’ waist, pulling the taller man close as he muttered his spell. Flashing the merman with a devilish grin.

”Let’s go!” With that, he tugged Moss towards the river and leaped off without fear. Ashes trailed behind them as blue flames whirled around them; burning them from their shoes up to their heads. Disappearing from the insects before they touched the water.

Then the merman will find himself in a different area with a shivering Isa holding onto him. Blue flames licking their clothes, but it didn’t hurt at all. It’s like having a heater nearby whenever the fire touched his skin.

Zer0 Zer0

- Bone Pit -
"Frozen Mine"

"Urgh, disgusting." said Moss, looking sourly at the worms. "Looks like we have trouble." He pointed his spear at the writhing black worms. Suddenly he was hugged. "Isa, we're going to be okay, it'll be alri --- er?" he realized he was casting a spell and spotted his devilish grin. "Wait, not the water!" yelled Moss.

Four giant black hairy legs reached out of the darkness for Isa's back, followed by red hugging fangs the size of swords, as the biker leapt towards the water without fear; Moss twisted in mid-air, the hairy legs brushed Isa's back. And then there was the crunch of wood as the fangs collided with Moss' shield. Blue flames whirled before his eyes, and he landed on solid ground instead of water, his heart hammering.

"Wh-where's the spider?! What happened?" He looked around them. There were no giant insects. The rotten smell was behind them. There was no sound of rushing water, but the clicking and scuttling was still there, faint from afar behind the two. They were in a sloping tunnel that led up into the darkness beyond the light of the oil lamp. Behind them seemed to be the edge of the bone pit. The air was still tinged green and a little bit nauseating, though it was cleaner here.

"Where do we go, Isa?"

Katsuya Katsuya
Health: Bruised | Toughness: 16 +2 R.E. | Spell DC: 13 |Manna: 4/5
Combat: +3
Condition: 7​

Weapon: Crude Lance | + 1 Combat, Light. Wt. 1. A short spear made of wood and scrap metal.
Shield: Wooden Shield | +1 Toughness. Wt. 1. Made of autumn wood with a dented metal trim.
Armor: Silk Shirt | +1 Toughness. Wt. 1.
Accessory I: Winter Coat | Wt. 1. Reduce cold weather DC by 1.
Accessory II: Climbing Gear | Reduce journey DC of alpines, mountains, highlands, and caves by 1. Or +2 to climbing if not journeying.

Alchemical = 10+53 | Metal = 2 +44
Total Carrying Capacity: 10/25
Roleplay Points: 1

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.
  1. Memento | A box made of blue coral with an engraving of him, two merman, and one mermaid. Moss stores his favorite tea blend here.
  2. Box of Blue Volcanic Ash | Can be sold for 5 alchemical. Gift from Isa. Moss ain't selling it.
  3. Plush Sleeping Bag | Wt. 1. Gives a comfy rest. +1 to Condition.
  4. Flint and Steel | Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  5. x3 Oil Flask | 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  6. Oil Lamp | Wt. 1. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Stays lit for 8 hours on 1 pint of oil. Can be hung on belt.
  7. Lashings | Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  8. Battle horn
  9. x36 Spices | +1 to cooking rolls. Includes seasoning such as salt. 1 spice may be added per 1 cooking roll.
  10. x13 Fresh Ingredients
  11. Pocket Watch | Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.
  12. x6 Cheap goods | 2 sets of worn clothes, old mess kit, vintage oriental kettle, wooden comb, pouch of drawing charcoal and chalks.
  13. x4 Common goods | 1 set of traveling clothes, 1 journal, Second-hand book: Ninjas of Love Vol. 1, Vial of Citrus Light
  14. x9 Hygiene Kit: +1 Condition when used during a long rest. +1 to Crafting Disguises. Also contains cosmetics and all manner of bubble bath bombs.

- Magical Items -​

1. x1 Spell Scroll: Ley Line Message
    Send a 30 words audio message to anyone you've personally met. Target can reply in the same amount of words.
    • Range: Anywhere in the same realm of existence as you.
  2. Mysterious Glass Jar
    Contains the bone of an animal.

- Unequipped Gear -​

1. Worn Seraph Blades
    Crude. Dual-Wield daggers. +1 Combat. Once per turn, you can attack twice but each attack has -3 to combat rolls. No penalty if making only 1 attack. Two-handed.
  2. Unidentified Gear | Weight 4. 2 strange rusty swords, 1 red cloak with a gears and wing symbol, 2 broken box machines linked to a strange contraption. The items are beyond repair. Requires some disassembly and research to create a blue print of this gear and figure out how it works.

- Junk -​
  1. Bag of Malachite Powder | Can be sold for 10 Alchemical.
  2. Mithril Key | Can be sold for 5 Alchemical.
  3. Onyx Comb | Can be sold for 5 alchemical
  4. Jade Ring | Can be sold for 15 Alchemical
  5. Scrap | Can be sold for 14 metal. When smelted and turned into steel ingots, can be sold for 24 metal.
  6. Scrap | Can be sold for 16 Metal. Or forged into steel ingots for 32 Metal.
  7. Hollowed Unicorn Horn | Can be sold for 10 Alchemical. Gift from Isa.

Last edited:
- Bone Pit -
"Frozen Mine"

Isa sighed in relief, leaning back as he peered behind them. Listening to the faint scuttling sounds. His devilish grin softened to a relaxed one. “Behind us. I transported us away so we don’t become dinner. I don’t know where we went, but it’s a lot better than the spider queen and her buggy minions.” The redhead snorted and looked up at Moss. Patting his back gently in comfort.

“Did I scare you? Are you okay?!” He asked, brows furrowed in worry, and turning Moss around to see the shield on his back cracked. He sighed in relief again, forgetting that he is shivering from the cold and being wet. “I can’t believe you just-....anywhere is better than here. The fresher the air, the better.”

Health: 2 | Toughness: 11+1(from shield)| Spell DC: 12+5 = 17| Manna: 8/9
Condition: Bruised

Weapon: Raven staff | Mage staff. Enhanced by metal braces to not break easily unless hit by a strong or heavy weapon. Adds 1 area space away to cast spells.
Shield: Crude Fish scaled shield | +1 toughness. Wt. 1. Made of a giant fish’s scales and dented metal.
Armor: Trench coat | +1 Toughness. Long purple trench coat with a furred hood.
Accessory I: Translator’s notes |
Accessory II: Climbing gear | Reduce journey DC of alpines, mountains, highlands, and caves by 1. Or +2 to climbing if not journeying.

Zer0 Zer0

- Bone Pit -
"Frozen Mine"

"You surprised me. That's a handy dandy spell." said Moss in awe. " I feel embarrassed, swimming is my forte, but that river did a number on me." He turned around and lifted the back of his shirt. "How bad is it?"

There was a big dark purple bruise there. Suddenly, Moss realized he was still holding Isa's hand and let go immediately, the back of his neck and cheeks turning red.

"Yeah, I agree. Lead the way!"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Bone Pit -
"Frozen Mine"

Isa didn’t mind letting go of Moss’ hand, feeling his face heat up as he looked at Moss’ back. Not bringing the action to attention or the merman’s equally reddening face. “Bruised. Dark too. Can you check if I have any bruises or cuts?“

Then he deadpanned at the merman as he took off his coat. “At least you know how to swim and made it to shore. I was just a flaccid doll within the river’s raging currents and sank. It was so cold too—-it’s still cold-!” Isa shivered at the memory, lifting his shirt up.

Perhaps he was comfortable with Moss or perhaps he didn’t care much about his scars after suffering through nightmare after nightmare, but his chest and back was a sight. That same tight patterned skin littered his upper lean chest and hinted over his shoulders where the rotten skin color was edging in. Same with his back but more rectangular shapes treading down his spine and ended right on his tailbone, just between his slender hip dimples. There was a long dark bruise on his right that lead to his back.

”Sure, but I’m using my fire magic to see.” Isa said, grinning impishly.

Zer0 Zer0

Katulu Camp
281ea1c585230e7d2ea38ecfe82b67c6.jpg
- ?? -
"Frozen Mine"

fe368e13581a321355fb386a2b08cb8c.png
Moss was red when he turned around to check Isa for injuries, but the shyness disappeared when he saw all the scars and he looked grumpy again. " You have a bruise on your lower right back." He sighed, "I wish we had healing supplies. Here, use my bag to dry your clothes." He gave Isa his bag of folding and waited for him to be done before the merman did the same somewhere where Isa could not see him change.

They pressed on. Afternoon came and went and still they found nothing. Then at around what was probably dusk, the air slowly became cleaner, the dimness lighting up, as the icy tunnel they were climbing ascended higher and higher, until they came upon an opening where the sunset was streaming through. They heard what was unimistakably the sound of mining and hammering, the harsh grunts and unworldly shrieks of something not human. A rocky ledge jutted out from the opening, and there before them, a long way down was a ruins, but it was inhabited. Homes carved out of the stone and ice lay smoldering in the blue light of magical lanterns. Dark, slimy skinned katulus, their squid-like tentacled faces protruding from dark robes glided along the streets, screeching orders in what sounded like Sindarin to scores and upon scores of enslaved drows.

The dark skinned, silver haired dark elves were carefully digging through the ruins. The katulus floating above them wielding staffs that glowed with ragnite. There were machines, real working clockwork machines like the one Isa found in the barn. Working bulls of metal that dragged stones and debris away, Steampunk spiders with glowing runes that crawled along the walls, drilling with a katulu floating behind them, spell circles of wicked purple glowing and spinning from their slimy hands. And in the distance there was a huge machine. Like a tower with spider legs. It was across a bridge, moving slowly across another part of the ruins, carefully walking between ruined buildings, a net of heavy load under its metal belly.

Moss glanced at Isa. "Well, lucky day, I think we've found our forge and ragnite core."

Last edited:
- ?? -
"Frozen Mine"

When Moss passed Isa his bag, Isa simply went further in the darkness, just out of the lamp’s range to change out of his clothes and dry them. Then returned for Moss to do the same. Though the redhead turned around to give him more privacy, his face stayed red.

Time past, the air became fresher, and they pressed on until they reached to the end of the tunnel. Lo and behold, with the dusk sun‘s sleepy light, the pair can see a ruin with inhabitants walking around. Occupying the once quiet space with mining sounds and shrieks of pain from the drows.

“I wouldn’t call this lucky.” He muttered back tensely. With a stony stare, Isa crouched down, observing and process this disturbing scene, checking if there’s magic involved; he tugged Moss’ sleeve too. They should hide before they were spotted by the flying kutulus.

”Alright. We need to plan this before we do anything.” Isa mumbled quietly, taking a deep breath when another non-human like shriek echoed the air.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Katulu Camp -
"Ravine Ruins, Heart of Windshear Mountains "

matt-demino-matt-demino-illithid-web.jpg
It wasn't very clear in the fading light this far away from the dwellings of the katulus below, but Isa guessed more than forty of the squids and probably a hundred of the enslaved drows. His checking for magic though, revealed more. Invisible to the naked eye, slow blue flames grew and flickered unnaturally from him, flowing down the ravine.

Immediately, his fire came close to cool purple ones of varying shades, more smoke than fire, still invisible to the naked eye, and they felt alien. The katulus were emanating spells of revealing of their own, washed over the enslaved drows like a blanket of purple smoke. Isa's fire slipped around them, unnoticed.

The blue slowing embers of ragnite engines sparked into his vision: magical lanterns, the hearts of mechanical bulls, clockwork spiders digging, and the red resting fire from the staffs the katulus carried, a green smoke about their enchanted robes, and overhead, right above the ravine was a powerful purple smoke like a cloud, a heavy illusion and some sort of mind affecting enchantment that probably hid the ravine from whoever decided to peer down into it from above.

And there was something else. All of the katulus squid like heads were linked by fiery strings of magic, similar to ley message spells, except that theirs was more effortless and natural as though they were born with the ability to speak through each other's minds. Message spells traveled across the ley lines of Leor, but the strings of magic connecting the katulus didn't do that, instead, they traveled directly to each other's minds constantly so that it looked like they were linked by a smoky fire web, and the thickest of these lines led deep into the mountain across the bridge where the giant spider automaton was. Somewhere over there something old and powerful was always connected to the katulus, something not human, and it was this thing that Isa's fire accidentally brushed in the mind link spider web.

A very old entity, dark, hideous, and ugly in its heart, like the aura of malicious demons from the badlands, felt around Isa's flames curiously, like it didn't know what he was and wanted to know. Isa saw the darkest purple cloud, heavy and flashing with violet flames, roll towards his and Moss' direction, following Isa's fire; at the same time, one of the floating katulus,a pale teal one that had been shrieking at the slaves looked up, and then started gliding eerily up towards their ledge. It had a pale face with an ugly burn over one eye, it was cloaked in black fringed with gold, with a blue robe underneath where no legs were visible. A spellbook hung from chains around its waist, and in its hand it carried a staff of black charred bone, where a green sick light glowed from what was unmistakably a warped green soul stone embedded on the front end.

Moss quickly followed Isa and hid.

The katulu glided through the cave hole, it's one good rectangular-pupil eye searching the darkness, tentacle tendrils writhing cautiously beneath its face. It went around the icy pillars and peered into dark holes without shining a light, it passed by where Moss was crouched next to Isa, and continued deeper into the cavern, still searching.

What would Isa like to do?

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back