• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Our Shenanigans

- Frozen Mine -
"Mysterious Portal, Heart of Windshear Mountains "

Isa stoically replied. “I’ll be no different to a demon; just in a human body.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss just stared at Isa wondering how he could stay very calm about that. "What do I do if that happens to you? How do I bring you back?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

His cheeks turned red and stared at the ground. “I-I don’t know. I’ve never had anyone else try to bring me back before...I usually get into fights to calm down or just stay away from everyone.” Isa lightly swayed in his spot, pondering of what Moss could do. Then remembered something and quirked a smile.

”Just be you. I think I can calm down if you just be you.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

So I just talk to you?" said Moss, uncertainly. He looked unsure if being himself was actually going to work. "Are you going to attack me? Breathe fire? Will you have claws, are you going to poof in and out of existence and teleport and pounce me? Do I need to knock you over the head? What do you look like in demon form?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

A fine brow raised. “ . . . I’ve been having claws, I just bite them off so my gloves can fit. I don’t think I’ll be focused enough to poof in and out. Nor use fire. If knocking me on the head is what you need to do, then go ahead. I’ll understand with a headache.” His grin grew into a smile.

”I don‘t know what I look like or what I will do when I’m angry, but I’m pretty sure I won’t attack you first. I’ll attack what aggravated me first. Like I said, I never had anyone offer to talk me down before, so who knows? It might work. Stranger things has happened before.” Isa shrugged.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

Moss nodded at him determined that if that ever does happen, he'll help. "I'll try my best not to make you mad too, though that may not work, since, you know, if you troll me, I'll troll you. But, yeah, Isa, I'll . . . I'll talk to you? Give you hot food? Become fluffy and then hug you? If you ever turn into a demon. " he clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"Also," and here he pulled out what looked like a hygiene kit, "you don't need to bite your nails, you can borrow my nail cutter. Oh, and I have this too!" And he pulled out a vial labeled in Moss' large loopy handwriting: Citrus Light. "This is a moisturizer, good for dry, rough skin. If ever your scars feel like their being rubbed raw by your clothes or tight, or itchy, you can use this if you like."

x1 Citrus Light: +1 Condition when used during a long rest.
Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

“I can see it now.” Isa said, his smile growing warm. “Your fluffy self hugging a snarling me . . . That’s an image, heheh.”

”Trolling is trolling. I won’t get mad at that—- I haven’t gotten mad at you yet, have I?” Then the redhead blinked owlishly when Moss talked. Surprised that he’s sharing his items. Like the lotion. Curious as he is, Isa lightly held the vial and took off the cork to take a whiff. He hummed, happy with the citrusy scent. Then he looked at Moss as he corked the vial, his cheeks turned pink. “Thank you~ This is very sweet of ya, Moss.”

Oh gosh, he can finally have a bit of relief whenever his scars itched!

”Um...t-then can I borrow your nail clippers?“ He asked. Holding the vial close to his chest. His first gift from Moss~ If he could sprout wings, he’d fly up in the clouds by now.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

Moss chuckled. "I wonder if that'll look like me hugging a snarling cat." He handed him his entire hygiene kit, except for an onyx comb he found back at Elunore, which he started to use to comb back his silver bed hair.

"Weeell, you did hit me with your bedroll for assuming your surprise tease was flirting." He grinned, moving over to the fire to see if their breakfast was cooked and also to be out of Isa's range in case he did decide to hit him again.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

“We’d probably look that way.” Isa agreed, snorting in amusement as he took out the nail clippers. He coughed, face turning red again as he pouted at Moss.

”That’s not flirting-! I’m more annoyed than angry.” He grumbled, clipping his jagged nails in a straight and blunt edge. “At least I don’t try to karate chop someone when they are checking my temperature.”

The meat is cooked, tender and ready to eat.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss chuckled. "Did I karate chop you?" He sliced off a piece of the meat and chewed. "Heeeey, you can cook!" he smiled, slicing another tender portion. "Crockpots are great, I can't wait to get to The Highlands and sell some of the stuff we found. Then maybe I can afford one. Can I borrow your pot whenever we cook?"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Clip!

”You almost got my nose.” Isa admitted, his pout softening to smirk when Moss exclaimed. Clip! “I saw and tried out what you did before.” He said, proud of himself to have Moss like his cooking. The redhead nodded, tilting his head up a bit as he tucked the citrus lotion in the upper inner pocket. “Sure! Go right ahead!”

Clip!

”Thank you for the nail clippers. I needed this.” Isa mentioned, looking at his now neatly cut nails. His hands didn’t look as scary now —- it’s still scarred and dark but with the nails cut, his hands looked more human-like. The redhead tucked away the nail clippers in the hygiene kit before putting it in Moss’ bag. Then he walked over to the fire to eat breakfast. “Now I just hope it tastes good.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"When did that happen?" asked Moss, forgetfully. He helped himself to a third serving of the sizzling meat. He silently contemplated how quickly Isa learned how to make his dish. He knows a lot, he even engineered Smoky and doesn't brag about it, and his magic got them out of a lot of pinches yesterday. And he was nice. Darn. He was like the whole package. He looked handsome when he smiled too.

Is it strange to have a crush on someone and not care they had a body that was blackened and looked like it was rotting? Something must be wrong with Moss. "O, thanks!" he said distractedly, coming out of his thoughts. "You can use my nail clippers any time, Isa, take em any time you want. And this tastes good!"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

“Four- no, wait . . . Six days ago? I think?” Isa replied, tilting his head to the right as he pondered. At the compliment, the redhead swayed in place, smiling wide when he saw that Moss is eating his third plate of food. Yes! He didn’t char anything and it’s his first time making this sort of dish too~

He mentally patted himself in the back.

After swallowing a spoonful, he cleared his throat. “I’m relieved that you like it, Moss.” Isa wondered if he was too obvious at showing his interest towards the merman. Making breakfast for him, giving him gifts, opening up, and hugging him- He hoped he wasn’t so obvious to freak Moss out. . . No matter how funny he can be with his spazzisms. “Would it be okay if ya taught me any other dishes that ya know?”

Would it be too intimate to cook together again???

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"'Course, what's your preference? I know sushi, maki mono, nigiri, ramen, pasta, takoyaki, and grilled meat. I'm not so good at baking or deserts, but I can make a fluffy three cheese butter croissant, and coffee bagel." he listed with his fingers. "I can teach you how to swim too, which is more important."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

“. . .M-Maki mono?” Isa asked. Then he perked up like an excited puppy, his smile turned a bit nervous. His face turning entirely red like his hair. “I’d like that—- t-to learn how to swim. Ummm-“

”W-W-Where would we practice swimming though?” He hoped not in the cold rivers near here. The redhead is not going to survive if he does swim in the rivers....again.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"I was thinking in The Highlands since it's warmer there." said Moss, finally putting down his plate, his tummy full. "Speaking of, anything else I could help you with the portal?" He mused suggesting being Isa's fluffy orca hoodie or couch, and maybe say something along the lines of: I'll protect you from the cold while you work so that your cough won't get worse, but that was silly.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

He sighed in quiet relief and nodded, coughing into his fist. “Hmm...well...I-I mean-“ Can he ask for that? Maybe he shouldn’t. Most people wouldn’t be willing to be a fluffy orca hoodie. Besides Moss would be leaning on him and he’s going to be super distracted from not just the fluff, but also it’s a fluffy Moss-

He coughed again. His neck turned red too. “It wouldn’t be a bad idea to show ya more mechanical workings like the portal and another set of eyes would be helpful.” Isa grinned, putting his plate down. “For now though, what would ya like to do? I did say that you need a break and I’m willing to accomplish that.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"A break, hmmm . . . I just cook or read for breaks, but I don't want to use any of our supplies and I don't want to read Ninjas of Love yet --- I'm to scared to read the last chapter. O!" His eyes lit up. "Could you please teach me how to ride Smoky? I can clear out the snow and rocks in the tunnel."

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Isa grinned and nodded. “Alright. You might need the practice for your swimming machine anyways.”

The redhead helped Moss clear the way, using his fire to melt the deeper parts of snow. The rest he shoveled with a loose piece of wood. One the tunnel was clear and without much rocks around, Isa pulled Smoky out. Patting the cushion lightly.

”Sit here and wear this-“ Isa passed Moss the goggles he’d usually wear during travels. “Once you’re ready, you turn this key and gently twist the right handle. Start off slow.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

After Moss washed the dishes, he stood in the tunnel, hands glowing white. Icy blue runes swirled upwards. His glowing skin cracked and flaked away, revealing black blubber fur, and there he was as a fluffy orca. He used his wide fin paws like shovels, grabbing mounds of snow and tossing them outside after Isa, or patting them down to make a more even path in the tunnel. The space was cramped, and every now and then when they passed each other, the orca carrying snow above Isa, his long fluffy belly fur would brush against the biker. There was a wrenching of wood and metal, as he squeaked-grunted and pulled off the railways from the ice and put them far away where they wouldn't snag on Smoky.

He stared at his fin that got cut after that. And pressed it on ice, as he shrunk back down to Moss again, teal eyes blinking open, then went back to their camp to wrap the cut in cloth. He didn't want to use the purple one Isa had tied around his shoulder.

Fully clothed now and wearing his winter coat, Moss sat on the cushion. "Whoa!" The weight of the bike surprised him, and he steadied his legs to keep Smoky straight. "She's really heavy." He tried to put the goggles around his face one-handed, the other on Smoky's handle to keep her from falling on her side.

"Okay, so . . ." he cautiously turned the key and gently twisted the handle.

Smoky revved to life.

"Isa, I did it!" said Moss excitedly.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Frozen Mine -

Whenever they had to pass each other, Isa would lean in a bit to lightly nuzzle his cheek on the brushes of fur. Holding back and biting down his happy smile. It’s so hard not to-! Moss is sooooo warm and fluffy as an orca. However when Moss went back to wrap his hand in something, Isa searched in his pocket and took out one of his gloves. When the merman came back with a cloth, the redhead reached out to hold his hand, palm up.

”Here.” Isa quietly offered his glove and gently placed it in Moss’ hand. “This can make sure the bandage doesn’t fall off while riding my bike —- better yet, wear the both of them. It’ll be cold in here.” He passed the other glove to Moss too before letting him go; it wasn’t as if Isa held onto his hand tightly or anything close to a grab. It’s more like his hand hovered underneath Moss’, the heat coming from his hand is apparent like feeling a fireplace. The merman will feel oddly cold there after Isa dropped his hand away.

Isa chuckled as Moss got excited, nodding in approval. “Yea, ya did.” Clearing his throat, the redhead explained on what to do while riding his bike. “Keep the handles straight like this-“

He leaned in, chest pressed on Moss’ back as his arms cocooned him in while grabbing onto the handles. The merman can feel his warm cheeks close to his own as Isa tucked his head over Moss’ shoulders. Then he moved the handles, hands over his own. “There.” The he moved away, grinning as he stood beside the bike. Out of Moss’ way.

”Now you place your foot on the pedal and you‘ll be riding.” Isa said, placing his hands on his hips. “Just remember to twist the handle gently as you press the pedal down real slow like.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

Moss was so distracted. He was so red. It's day time, Isa was flirting. Wasn't he? What did he say? Twist the handle ---

VROOM

Smoky shot forward and crashed into the wall; Moss was thrown off his seat and slammed into it. He rolled away from Smoky groaning in pain. He looked dizzy, clutching his scratched forehead, muttering an angry string of Nazja curses. He looked so embarrassed.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Frozen Mine -

“Moss?!”

Isa ran over to the merman, sliding to his knees, and leaned over him. Warm hands gently pulled Moss’ hand away from the scratch on his forehead and the redhead hissed. His brows furrowed in worry.

”Moss? Can ya sit up? How many fingers am I holding?” He lifted two dark fingers. His indigo eyes examined his scratch and hummed in slight relief that it’s just a scratch. No blood, but he might be getting bruises...again.

“Want me to help ya up?” He asked softly. Thinking he should get ice in case of a bump.

Zer0 Zer0

- Frozen Mine -

"Uh, three?" he said groggily, "I thought I had your gloves." he held Isa's hand with his gloved ones. He looked at his own, confused. "O, no, that's your skin . . . " he focused his eyes, feeling Isa's rough palms. His face became red again and he quickly let go, not looking at him.

"No, I'm alright. I've been through worse." he stood up wobbly, leaning on the ice wall. A bump swelled from his forehead. "This is nothing. I hope I didn't damage Smoky." He knelt beside the bike and tried to push her back up. "Can we try again, but this time, could you be thiiis far away from me?" he stretched out his arm fully. Then he realized something. "Not because I think this your fault or that I don't like you or anything!" he added hastily. "I --- I . . . I'm a no-touch learner. I learn better when no one is touching me or, is very close to me."

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back