• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom other sky | ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ—๏ธ

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
this is a little psa for everyone: though it feels a little moot to say it at this point but salkjdhfkgk
i feel obligated to remind everyone that at the top of the cs thread, i asked you guys to PM me your forms before posting them in the thread. at this point i probably won't ask you guys to delete or anything, and i'm not upset
but i just wanted to point it out because it is important that we're all on the same page going forward awlskdjfkg
no one's in trouble! i'm not upset
i just, as admin/gm,
have a responsibility to stand by the things i say are the rules LOL
so i just needed to point it out and ask for more careful consideration of instructions next time it comes up

that being said, thank you all for your hard work on your profiles
rei+kenzo15.gif

and now onto my responses to everyone!

Hey question do we have control over our character deaths or will it be determined by if their health runs out? pookie pookie
HP running out does not mean your character dies, no one's character is going to die unless the player has expressed a direct interest in killing them off to me. HP running out just means that your character is going to be indisposed. Whether that's lying on the ground too injured to even stand, whether it's unconscious, whatever being unable to fight means to you!

pookie pookie two questions:
1- Iโ€™m gonna have some secondary weapons/gear, one of which is a shield/barrier gauntlet that helps with tanking and surviving hits needed for Blue Mage tricks. This okay?
2- The Realm of Darkness appears to affect the flow of time for those within it when compared to the Realm of Light in some games. Is that something you are keeping for this rp?
Q1: That's fine! It's very common for tanks in a lot of games to have a shield in addition to their weapon. If you want to have a lot of additional weapons to start, just run then by me to make sure. Eventually you can have as many secondary weapons as you want, but to start I might limit you to a handful
Q2: If you want me to, sure! So far you're the only player who has mentioned an express interest in the Realm of Darkness, and it was not yet on my radar for story stuff since the RoD tends to be more mid/late game narrative action. So if you have a particular interest in having the flow of time be whacky, we can keep that.

pookie pookie Before I start with the CS,you're still going for Gaia for the Final Fantasy world?
Yes! Sorry I didn't get around to responding to you on the interest check, I got busy with coding the CS and managing the OOC thread (along with irl stuff askjhg). I'll give the links you posted a once over later today, but I don't anticipate them being an issue in folding into Gaia.

Hey yโ€™all! Iโ€™m sure some of you didnโ€™t realize yet, or missed this part of the info. But just a reminder that we canโ€™t use AI for our FCs.
Gt9dZSF.jpeg

I definitely understand if yโ€™all didnโ€™t know, since AI art has been flooding the homepages of Pinterest so it got mixed up with art by real artists. I can help yโ€™all choose alternatives with the same hair/eye color you have in mind that have sources to artists ^^
yes! AI art is not allowed, and I appreciate tsurene's offer to help those who might need assistance. I can also help in this regard if anyone is struggling with their face claims. Pumpkid Pumpkid in the event you were not aware, the current fc you are using for your oc is unfortunately AI. i know it's getting way hard to tell, and i don't fault anyone for finding them and not knowing it was. please let me or tsurene know if you need help in finding something similar that isn't AI !

Whoops, I completely missed that rule xox

I'll change mine later today.
no worries! let me or tsurene know if you need help

this is a little psa for everyone: though it feels a little moot to say it at this point but salkjdhfkgk
i feel obligated to remind everyone that at the top of the cs thread, i asked you guys to PM me your forms before posting them in the thread. at this point i probably won't ask you guys to delete or anything, and i'm not upset
but i just wanted to point it out because it is important that we're all on the same page going forward awlskdjfkg
no one's in trouble! i'm not upset
i just, as admin/gm,
have a responsibility to stand by the things i say are the rules LOL
so i just needed to point it out and ask for more careful consideration of instructions next time it comes up

that being said, thank you all for your hard work on your profiles
rei+kenzo15.gif

and now onto my responses to everyone!

HP running out does not mean your character dies, no one's character is going to die unless the player has expressed a direct interest in killing them off to me. HP running out just means that your character is going to be indisposed. Whether that's lying on the ground too injured to even stand, whether it's unconscious, whatever being unable to fight means to you!

Q1: That's fine! It's very common for tanks in a lot of games to have a shield in addition to their weapon. If you want to have a lot of additional weapons to start, just run then by me to make sure. Eventually you can have as many secondary weapons as you want, but to start I might limit you to a handful
Q2: If you want me to, sure! So far you're the only player who has mentioned an express interest in the Realm of Darkness, and it was not yet on my radar for story stuff since the RoD tends to be more mid/late game narrative action. So if you have a particular interest in having the flow of time be whacky, we can keep that.

Yes! Sorry I didn't get around to responding to you on the interest check, I got busy with coding the CS and managing the OOC thread (along with irl stuff askjhg). I'll give the links you posted a once over later today, but I don't anticipate them being an issue in folding into Gaia.

yes! AI art is not allowed, and I appreciate tsurene's offer to help those who might need assistance. I can also help in this regard if anyone is struggling with their face claims. Pumpkid Pumpkid in the event you were not aware, the current fc you are using for your oc is unfortunately AI. i know it's getting way hard to tell, and i don't fault anyone for finding them and not knowing it was. please let me or tsurene know if you need help in finding something similar that isn't AI !

no worries! let me or tsurene know if you need help
I'll change it. I woke up in the middle of the night and used a different one in a panic before just going back to sleep lol.

I do have a question, what if the art looks AI but it's not? I understand how nowadays it's hard to differentiate between AI and actual art. Can we still use those or do you still prefer 2d?

OH SWEET JEEZUZ I MISSED THAT TOO!! GOD..X.X

IM NORMALLY ON TOP OF RULES LIKE THAT..MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME LATELY
it's alright! in the immortal words of hannah montana, everyone makes mistakes akjsdg

I'll change it. I woke up in the middle of the night and used a different one in a panic before just going back to sleep lol.

I do have a question, what if the art looks AI but it's not? I understand how nowadays it's hard to differentiate between AI and actual art. Can we still use those or do you still prefer 2d?
you're okay! you're not in trouble, i just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't know

well the art you used, although ai, is 2d, so i'm not sure what you mean by that
(and 2d or 3d is fine so long as it's not irl)

but yes, so long as it is not generated by artificial intelligence, even if it looks similar to ai, that's fine !
because obviously the algorithm was trained on something, so the artists it stole from is going to have art that looks similar to the theft

it's alright! in the immortal words of hannah montana, everyone makes mistakes akjsdg

you're okay! you're not in trouble, i just wanted to make you aware in case you didn't know

well the art you used, although ai, is 2d, so i'm not sure what you mean by that
(and 2d or 3d is fine so long as it's not irl)

but yes, so long as it is not generated by artificial intelligence, even if it looks similar to ai, that's fine !
because obviously the algorithm was trained on something, so the artists it stole from is going to have art that looks similar to the theft
Thanks! I've been checking the original creators before picking an image. Either way, I'll get a better image.

But yeah basically what I'm saying is Ai has it's own style stolen from other people's art however, because of Ai's infamous art style, there are artists who's style looks very much like Ai but it's actually original so it gets labeled as AI art, sadly. That's why I asked just in case but just to be on the safe side I'll find one that isn't.

Thanks! I've been checking the original creators before picking an image. Either way, I'll get a better image.

But yeah basically what I'm saying is Ai has it's own style stolen from other people's art however, because of Ai's infamous art style, there are artists who's style looks very much like Ai but it's actually original so it gets labeled as AI art, sadly. That's why I asked just in case but just to be on the safe side I'll find one that isn't.
yeah! and i sourced the image you found, and the other problem that that one and many like it suffers from
is the artist isn't upfront about it being ai
they didn't toggle the "generated by ai" button on deviantart, (even though close inspection like on the earrings make it obvious)
and i had to go searching through their about section on their page before there was any written documentation of "yes, i use ai, because i can't draw"
which is frustrating and unfortunate

but so long as any art you find is from an original artist who actually drew it, that's fine by me no matter what it looks like

pookie pookie

9173e665dc7417ee934083ec5d51104b_w200.gif

My apologies for missing the instructions. Should have checked more carefully.

And thank you for your answers. I'm thinking an FFXIII style gunblade as something she used before getting a Keyblade. I may stick it in one of the gears slots.

pookie pookie

9173e665dc7417ee934083ec5d51104b_w200.gif

My apologies for missing the instructions. Should have checked more carefully.

And thank you for your answers. I'm thinking an FFXIII style gunblade as something she used before getting a Keyblade. I may stick it in one of the gears slots.
no worries! in the immortal words of hannah montana,
everybody makes mistakes
everybody has those days
everybody knows what, what i'm talkin bout
everybody gets that way

LOL

but absolutely! i am always happy to answer what i can
and oh hell yes
i am such a sucker for a gunblade
i've been heavily considering my normie oc to wield one myself (but more 8's style)
so that should be fine!

yeah! and i sourced the image you found, and the other problem that that one and many like it suffers from
is the artist isn't upfront about it being ai
they didn't toggle the "generated by ai" button on deviantart, (even though close inspection like on the earrings make it obvious)
and i had to go searching through their about section on their page before there was any written documentation of "yes, i use ai, because i can't draw"
which is frustrating and unfortunate

but so long as any art you find is from an original artist who actually drew it, that's fine by me no matter what it looks like
That's true and I've noticed that too while double checking. Some people getting profit from it too which is unfortunate cause you didn't put in the work. :(

That's true and I've noticed that too while double checking. Some people getting profit from it too which is unfortunate cause you didn't put in the work. :(
no exactly! the person who generated that picture was doing a lot of self promoting for their webcomic which just sort of broke my heart
because comic artists are some of the most overworked, underappreciated people who destroy their bodies in pursuit of telling a story they care about
and no one ever really gives them the credit they deserve
and seeing someone just generate art with a program that stole from artists that kill themselves to make this stuff
absolutely sucks :(

The best way to find out if the art is AI or not is by reverse image searching. Pinterest has become an unreliable source to find artists nowadays, because even if the artwork DOES belong to a real artist, people just repost it without using credits. I messaged you about Autumnโ€™s FC and the owner did admit to using NovaAI and Midjourney, so make sure you check their about pages too.

If you want to choose an FC that will always come from human artists, then itโ€™s okay to pick an anime character from a fairly popular manga/anime/game series before the mid-2010s. Since AI wasnโ€™t that advanced during those times, itโ€™ll guarantee the fact that itโ€™s made by human hands.

The best way to find out if the art is AI or not is by reverse image searching. Pinterest has become an unreliable source to find artists nowadays, because even if the artwork DOES belong to a real artist, people just repost it without using credits. I messaged you about Autumnโ€™s FC and the owner did admit to using NovaAI and Midjourney, so make sure you check their about pages too.

If you want to choose an FC that will always come from human artists, then itโ€™s okay to pick an anime character from a fairly popular manga/anime/game series before the mid-2010s. Since AI wasnโ€™t that advanced during those times, itโ€™ll guarantee the fact that itโ€™s made by human hands.
honestly even before the last few years, luckily AI wasn't wide spread enough or advanced enough to look anything like it does until like sometime during the 2020s
artbreeder was the closest but it only did headshots really (it did other stuff but it looked so whack no one used it LOL)

also ! if anyone wants to use zerochan as a way to look through art easily
they have two very handy tags that you can exclude from searched
-ai art
-ai (meta)

no one has to use zerochan, but if they're struggling, it's very handy because they have a lot of tags you can narrow things down with
and as i think i said before, almost every single art piece is credited to an artist, and on that artist's page they typically have all the links of all the social media presences those artists have

You have no idea how much more powerful I can become.
View attachment 1149996
Kingdom Hearts bout to get Cheeto Chester as an NPC. LMAAOOO
LMAO
truly unhinged images
but regardless of how generally open i am this rp is still technically by application, and i still have final say on npcs, so i'd like to see you try
wink-heart-yuru-yuri-s2-ep01.gif

LOL

A Pimp Named Cheetoh. We gotta make it canon now

And yes that's a Boondocks reference ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nah I don't like to choose anime characters made. It feels weird to me.

Whelp! I didn't want it to come to this but I guess I'll just draw my OC

no worries! in the immortal words of hannah montana,
everybody makes mistakes
everybody has those days
everybody knows what, what i'm talkin bout
everybody gets that way

LOL

but absolutely! i am always happy to answer what i can
and oh hell yes
i am such a sucker for a gunblade
i've been heavily considering my normie oc to wield one myself (but more 8's style)
so that should be fine!
Gunblades are an iconic part of Final Fantasy, so feels wasteful not to try to use one even in a FF adjacent project like KH.

yeah but people still have their cs up
Thatโ€™s because they did it before Pookie announced we were supposed to DM her first. Anyone currently working in their CS will have to message her from then on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back