• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom other sky | ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ—๏ธ

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
O: That all works perfectly to me! Awesome, thank ye very much!

of course! you're welcome! :3

I think that Blue Mages are okay as long as you keep the character being successfully attacked by an enemy to learn the spells. It can be a high risk, high reward if the Blue Mage really wants to tank that powerful move that can potentially one-shot someone. Idk if the ability to control monsters in some games might be too overpowered, though.

I got two FCs from an 80s shoujo artist and a playlists with 2000-2010s songs!!!! I was already planning on doing an old-school RP, but I wanted to do RPG mechanics in one too so this is a nice combination. Thereโ€™s also more spiky-haired FCs to choose from lol.

Depending on what the other characters will be, Iโ€™m debating as to whether mine will either play more support roles or if one gets to have an attacker job.

Speaking of jobs, the tie in the poll is making me nervous ๐Ÿ‘€
absolutely absolutely, i figured we'd retain all of the how you get an enemy ability mechanics just since that's such a key part to the class (and also pretty fun!)
we miiiight keep it but alter it if they end up wanting to use it? like maybe a temporary turn enemy skill with like a simple dice check on my end if the enemy passes/fails the resist, or maybe turning it more into like
you can tame and retain One (1) monster as a sort of ranger companion if you like type of deal
the latter might be more fun just bc who doesnt like an animal companion askdhjfkdg
but that could definitely be balanced out if it comes up :Oc

ooohh that's so exciting !! i love that !
god i remember the playlist my old kh group had back in ~06-09
it was soooooo much emo music from the era LOL
like the entire paramore riot album, most of pretty odd, some evanescence
then we also had some yellowcard and all time low lkasjhdfdkjfg

ooo definitely ! i'm thinking i might break the roles up like they do in ffxiv. the three basic dps/tank/support, but then if you want to be specific you can specify melee dps vs magic dps etc
less like as strict rules anyone has to adhere to and more like
a lil check box on the profile as somewhere to start akshjdfkg

and omg i knoowww the dead heat it's been in for like a day and a half has been so stressful LOL esp bc i'm gonna have to make the call askjdhfkkg
so far though all of the discussion in the thread has been pretty pro-class so
we miiiight lean that way ?? esp bc as i've been saying this whole time like
it's not
gonna be super duper game-ified like a ttrpg askjdfhg it's less crunching numbers and more just
categorizing characters LOL

Lemme bully the losers that voted "no"
View attachment 1149013
(Just kidding XD)

LOOL
lo, duck of judgement be upon ye

Donald being a black mage makes so much sense because he sure as hell wasn't healing ๐Ÿ˜ก

NO FR
honestly once it clicks that he's black mage it's like OHHH
he's basically throwing neosporin at us and going FIGURE IT OUT
the way kh3 basically cemented him as an insanely powerful black mage and it's like
donald
where has this energy been babygirl
help me help you

omggg! Don't even get me started on how dumbfounded i was when he busted out THAT spell

In all of Square Enix lore, we have a damn duck as the most powerful mage.

And equally the worst healer

Guess you had to balance it somehow ๐Ÿคฃ

omggg! Don't even get me started on how dumbfounded i was when he busted out THAT spell

In all of Square Enix lore, we have a damn duck as the most powerful mage.

And equally the worst healer

Guess you had to balance it somehow ๐Ÿคฃ
HONESTLY LOL
it makes sora's party makeup the funniest thing ever
you've got goofy doing this absolute best to provide any kind of tanking ability

and then you have the most turbo dps dps players possible
with absolutely 0 support skills LOL
sora eventually gets curaga but my god does it take too long to get there

Remembering how you only get Curaga at the second to last world in KH1.
So god damn long XD
Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Literal representation of what it was like

pookie pookie another question!

Would the keyblade variations/designs/forms from 358/2 Days be off the table? Considering they aren't used often and there's a lot of potential great designs in those keyblades!

pookie pookie another question!

Would the keyblade variations/designs/forms from 358/2 Days be off the table? Considering they aren't used often and there's a lot of potential great designs in those keyblades!
nope, totally on the table! i was actually thinking of maybe using a days keyblade for my keybearer too! though i haven't decided yet aslkjdfg
i've been roughing out an off limits keyblade table to go w the cs, and this is what i've got so far

Off Limits Keyblades
  • Ultima Weapon
  • Omega Weapon
  • Keyblade of People's Heart
  • Soul Eater
  • Void Gear
  • No Name
  • Crown Unlimit
  • ฯ‡-blade
  • Foreteller blades
  • Master's Defender
  • Starcluster
  • Flame Liberator
  • Sora and Riku's Reality Shift blade
Taken Keyblades
  • Way to Dawn: Riku
  • Oblivion and Oathkeeper: Roxas
  • Destiny's Embrace: Kairi
  • Kingdom Key D: Mickey
  • Rain/Stormfall: Aqua
  • Earthshaker/Ends of the Earth: Terra
  • Wayward Wind: Ventus

which should be more or less finalized, so anything else (unless i have severely fucked up and forgotten something laksjhdfgk) is on the table!

Impressed you didn't forget omega weapon XD was such a cool design in days.
Tmw my character is gonna use the umbrella keyblade. LOL jk
i loved days sm i was waaaayyyy too up the ass of the organization to not be obsessed with days LOL
i mean hey, you totally could! or the wooden keyblade or any of the joke weapons
they're not off limits because i thought it'd be fun if someone wanted to :3

I have a basic idea of my keyblader running through my head. I wanted them to emulate a bit of Terra-energy, being highly offensive and strong with some magic splashed in. I'm still processing the idea but in general that's what I have going for me. Might evolve or develop into something entirely new! Who knows XD

I also intend to make two normal characters too and max out my 3 slots XD.

Just curious regarding keyblades...might be a rather obvious answer if I'm thinking this right...but wanted to ask anyway, all keyblades must be canon ones? Or can we make our own design?

I have a basic idea of my keyblader running through my head. I wanted them to emulate a bit of Terra-energy, being highly offensive and strong with some magic splashed in. I'm still processing the idea but in general that's what I have going for me. Might evolve or develop into something entirely new! Who knows XD

I also intend to make two normal characters too and max out my 3 slots XD.
hell yeah! we love to see a big ol tank character :3c
alkhjsdkfgk absolutely go for it, we love to see maxed slots honestly LOL

Just curious regarding keyblades...might be a rather obvious answer if I'm thinking this right...but wanted to ask anyway, all keyblades must be canon ones? Or can we make our own design?
original/fan keyblades are totally fine!

LMAO
Oh- not the answer i was expecting but awesome! Thank ye
ye! i already told someone else they could, and it was a big part of doing kh rp as a teen so i don't see a reason to disallow it
obvi nothing that's just an excuse to circumvent the fact i made the ultima and omega weapons and the chi blade off limits, but i trust everyone that wants to do an orig/fan keyblade just wanna do it for the Rule of Cool and not to game the system LOL so i'm totally fine w it

i'm working on adapting a cs code (that i have checked is mobile friendly) to work for our needs
because i like them askjdfg i like when things are pretty

it's not done, and i recognize some people either don't like them or struggle filling them out (esp as this one is kind of hard to find what you're looking for)
so once it's all done, i'll be offering the ability to just fill out a plain text version that i input into the code for you
which maybe defeats the purpose of having the code in the first place, but working on adapting a code gives me a goal to work towards and an idea on what to do LOL

that being said, for those like Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi who seem to be starting to rough out their character
here are the current sections i'm thinking the profiles will have, if you want to get a head start on things

Image Reference

Class - any Final Fantasy class/job is applicable. I believe the full list is
  • Arcanist
  • Archer
  • Astrologian
  • Bard
  • Beastmaster/Trainer
  • Berserker
  • Black Mage
  • Blue Mage
  • Chemist
  • Conjurer
  • Dancer
  • Dark Knight
  • Dragoon
  • Festivalist
  • Fighter
  • Gambler/Lady Luck
  • Gladiator
  • Geomancer
  • Gunbreaker
  • Gun Mage
  • Gunner
  • Knight
  • Lancer
  • Machinist
  • Magic Knight
  • Marauder
  • Mascot
  • Mime
  • Monk
  • Ninja
  • Onion Knight
  • Paladin
  • Psychic
  • Pugilist
  • Reaper
  • Red Mage
  • Rogue
  • Samurai
  • Scholar
  • Soldier
  • Songstress
  • Summoner
  • Thaumaturge
  • Thief
  • Time Mage
  • Warrior
  • White Mage
the version of these jobs you pull from (XIV, VII, X, etc) is totally up to you. the class isn't to lock you into any certain stat numbers, it's narrative flavor for you to play with. also if you want to be a class not on this list because i either missed it out of all the ff jobs that exist, or it's not in ff just let me know and i'm sure it'll be fine

Homeworld
Heart - Choose from Dawn, Light, Twilight/Dusk, or Dark/Night. This serves as a loosey goosey morality system, and it's not something you hhve to be locked into. Much like Riku's journey as Light > Dark > Dawn, your character can go on their own growth arc. And as evidenced by Riku, Dark doesn't always mean bad. So Light doesn't have to mean good either - whatever you feel serves your character best.
Role - going off of FFXIV, pick DPS, Tank, or Support. If you want to get specific about Melee DPS or Physical Ranged or Magical Ranged DPS, or make up your own like Magic-Melee DPS or Ranged Tank, go for it.

Name
Nickname
Race - Human, Somebody, Nobody, whatever you feel applies here
Party - if they're part of a party, list it. Examples would be Organization XIII (even if orgxiii is currently disbanded, if they still identify with that, you can put it here), Other Sky if you're going to have them be part of the original VG party, or the Restoration Committee, or w/e. You can also put solo or n/a if they're not part of a party.

Departure - Dawn, Midday, or Night. This is pulled from Dive to the Heart in KH1 - it doesn't mean a whole lot mechanically, but I thought it might be fun to implement. And I might use it for when/how often i offer letting your character reach a milestone in their skill advancement (which you don't always have to wait on me to say your chara is getting better at something, but i might exp lock certain abilities and spells). I haven't decided yet though, as I'm afraid that's complicating things too much, so it might just be for flavor.

Power - again pulled from Dive to the Heart, pick either Sword (the Warrior), Shield (the Guardian), or Staff (the Mystic). This doesn't affect your class/job, and it will be separate from your role (Tank/DPS/Support) and your stats. It shows off your character's biggest strength.
Is it the Guardian: Kindness to aid friends, a shield to repel all? A focus on defense and safety?
Is it the Mystic: Inner strength, a staff of wonder and ruin. A focus on the arcane and the pursuit of knowledge?
Is it the Warrior: Invincible courage, a sword of terrible destruction. The strength to face your problems head on?
That's up to you.

Stats: Less for me to blue balls you about in encounters and more a way for people to get an idea of your character's play style and their combat strengths at a glance. Our six categories are Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Intelligence, Mind, and Speed.
Yes, I grabbed it from XIV again. XIV makes things very convenient for me, being an MMO and all aksjhdfg
STR is physical damage, DEX is ranged physical and rogue stuff, VIT is health pool, INT is damaging magic, MND is healing magic, and SPD is - well. speed. How fast can you run, how fast can you cast, how fast can you hit. I will trust everyone to be balanced about this, so I won't put restrictions on how you balance everything. But I reserve the right to rescind this if it gets out of hand alkjdfg
so far i think the best way to measure it is just do a percentage out of 100 for each? so like 32% STR and 67% SPD and 42% VIT or something, as an example.

HP - just gimme a number. since we're starting at essentially level 1, it shouldn't be too high (e.g. sora's lvl 1 max hp in kh1 is 18 and donald's is 12). but if you, for example, have a high vitality stat i'll let you have a higher number (or if your chara is a "higher level"/more experienced. keybearers can't be a higher level to start but other ppl can)
Mana - same as HP, but this time INT and MND affect it rather than VIT
Special Ability- do they have a drive form? a form change? a command style? keybearers probably can't use theirs right away, but you can still pick one to have them unlock later (potentially once we leave other sky for the first time).

Weapon - self explanitory
Gear - anything your chara might have on them that isn't their main weapon
Abilities - stuff like dodge roll, strike raid, etc
Spells - spells
i won't put a hard cap on # of abilities and spells just yet, but if it gets out of hand i will awlsdfjgh

History
Personality
i might do a likes dislikes section, or a bonus trivia section, i haven't decided
but history and personality are for sure askjdhfg

I thought of maybe play as a variant of Prompto from FF15. And maybe the variant of his friend Noctis would be somewhat connected to Yozora?

Oh yeah *cracks knuckles* I love making CS.
WE'RE GONNA GET CRAZY!!
Dance Off Video Game GIF by CAPCOM
that gif omg LOL
but hell yeah! go for it :3 i am hopeful i'll have the code fixed up sometime tonight but if not then tomorrow, i'm about halfway through but most of the hard part is over

I thought of maybe play as a variant of Prompto from FF15. And maybe the variant of his friend Noctis would be somewhat connected to Yozora?
sure, i don't know anything about prompto or noctis so i have no idea if that's like an issue
but i don't see how it could be LOL
idk that yozora will show up, but if someone wants to play him he might
and maybe he will! since other sky is a game i guess it'd make sense
i just hadn't really put much thought into what if anything from kh3 we'd include, at least not in the beginning since that wasn't the โœจvibeโœจ of kh style rp i had in mind when i feverishly made the int check LOL
but i can't see an issue

i'm working on adapting a cs code (that i have checked is mobile friendly) to work for our needs
because i like them askjdfg i like when things are pretty

it's not done, and i recognize some people either don't like them or struggle filling them out (esp as this one is kind of hard to find what you're looking for)
so once it's all done, i'll be offering the ability to just fill out a plain text version that i input into the code for you
which maybe defeats the purpose of having the code in the first place, but working on adapting a code gives me a goal to work towards and an idea on what to do LOL

that being said, for those like Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi who seem to be starting to rough out their character
here are the current sections i'm thinking the profiles will have, if you want to get a head start on things

Image Reference

Class
- any Final Fantasy class/job is applicable. I believe the full list is

• Arcanist
  • Archer
  • Astrologian
  • Bard
  • Beastmaster/Trainer
  • Berserker
  • Black Mage
  • Blue Mage
  • Chemist
  • Conjurer
  • Dancer
  • Dark Knight
  • Dragoon
  • Festivalist
  • Fighter
  • Gambler/Lady Luck

• Gladiator
  • Geomancer
  • Gunbreaker
  • Gun Mage
  • Gunner
  • Knight
  • Lancer
  • Machinist
  • Magic Knight
  • Marauder
  • Mascot
  • Mime
  • Monk
  • Ninja
  • Onion Knight
  • Paladin

• Psychic
  • Pugilist
  • Reaper
  • Red Mage
  • Rogue
  • Samurai
  • Scholar
  • Soldier
  • Songstress
  • Summoner
  • Thaumaturge
  • Thief
  • Time Mage
  • Warrior
  • White Mage
the version of these jobs you pull from (XIV, VII, X, etc) is totally up to you. the class isn't to lock you into any certain stat numbers, it's narrative flavor for you to play with. also if you want to be a class not on this list because i either missed it out of all the ff jobs that exist, or it's not in ff just let me know and i'm sure it'll be fine

Homeworld
Heart
- Choose from Dawn, Light, Twilight/Dusk, or Dark/Night. This serves as a loosey goosey morality system, and it's not something you hhve to be locked into. Much like Riku's journey as Light > Dark > Dawn, your character can go on their own growth arc. And as evidenced by Riku, Dark doesn't always mean bad. So Light doesn't have to mean good either - whatever you feel serves your character best.
Role - going off of FFXIV, pick DPS, Tank, or Support. If you want to get specific about Melee DPS or Physical Ranged or Magical Ranged DPS, or make up your own like Magic-Melee DPS or Ranged Tank, go for it.

Name
Nickname
Race
- Human, Somebody, Nobody, whatever you feel applies here
Party - if they're part of a party, list it. Examples would be Organization XIII (even if orgxiii is currently disbanded, if they still identify with that, you can put it here), Other Sky if you're going to have them be part of the original VG party, or the Restoration Committee, or w/e. You can also put solo or n/a if they're not part of a party.

Departure - Dawn, Midday, or Night. This is pulled from Dive to the Heart in KH1 - it doesn't mean a whole lot mechanically, but I thought it might be fun to implement. And I might use it for when/how often i offer letting your character reach a milestone in their skill advancement (which you don't always have to wait on me to say your chara is getting better at something, but i might exp lock certain abilities and spells). I haven't decided yet though, as I'm afraid that's complicating things too much, so it might just be for flavor.

Power - again pulled from Dive to the Heart, pick either Sword (the Warrior), Shield (the Guardian), or Staff (the Mystic). This doesn't affect your class/job, and it will be separate from your role (Tank/DPS/Support) and your stats. It shows off your character's biggest strength.
Is it the Guardian: Kindness to aid friends, a shield to repel all? A focus on defense and safety?
Is it the Mystic: Inner strength, a staff of wonder and ruin. A focus on the arcane and the pursuit of knowledge?
Is it the Warrior: Invincible courage, a sword of terrible destruction. The strength to face your problems head on?
That's up to you.

Stats: Less for me to blue balls you about in encounters and more a way for people to get an idea of your character's play style and their combat strengths at a glance. Our six categories are Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Intelligence, Mind, and Speed.
Yes, I grabbed it from XIV again. XIV makes things very convenient for me, being an MMO and all aksjhdfg
STR is physical damage, DEX is ranged physical and rogue stuff, VIT is health pool, INT is damaging magic, MND is healing magic, and SPD is - well. speed. How fast can you run, how fast can you cast, how fast can you hit. I will trust everyone to be balanced about this, so I won't put restrictions on how you balance everything. But I reserve the right to rescind this if it gets out of hand alkjdfg
so far i think the best way to measure it is just do a percentage out of 100 for each? so like 32% STR and 67% SPD and 42% VIT or something, as an example.

HP - just gimme a number. since we're starting at essentially level 1, it shouldn't be too high (e.g. sora's lvl 1 max hp in kh1 is 18 and donald's is 12). but if you, for example, have a high vitality stat i'll let you have a higher number (or if your chara is a "higher level"/more experienced. keybearers can't be a higher level to start but other ppl can)
Mana - same as HP, but this time INT and MND affect it rather than VIT
Special Ability- do they have a drive form? a form change? a command style? keybearers probably can't use theirs right away, but you can still pick one to have them unlock later (potentially once we leave other sky for the first time).

Weapon - self explanitory
Gear - anything your chara might have on them that isn't their main weapon
Abilities - stuff like dodge roll, strike raid, etc
Spells - spells
i won't put a hard cap on # of abilities and spells just yet, but if it gets out of hand i will awlsdfjgh

History
Personality

i might do a likes dislikes section, or a bonus trivia section, i haven't decided
but history and personality are for sure askjdhfg
Oh love the sheet format! ๐Ÿ‘€

Question about the stats. Will we run on a max amount of stat points? If so, how many do we have to start with to divide it amongst the six categories? ๐Ÿค”

Oh love the sheet format! ๐Ÿ‘€

Question about the stats. Will we run on a max amount of stat points? If so, how many do we have to start with to divide it amongst the six categories? ๐Ÿค”
oh ! thank you ! i'm so glad ;v;

and honestly how we deal w stat numbers is one of the things i've got
less of a concrete idea on aslkdjfg
partly due to i think trying to find a compromise between those of us who are down w/ classes and stats and the ones who maybe aren't so jazzed

as it stands i was just thinking like, each category maybe is just
health bar style, you fill it up out of 100
something like this?
b9BvB29.png

but honestly i am completely open to ideas if you've got a better one LOL

pookie pookie It's because of the potential power of the Blue Mage job that made me want to ask. Like tsurene tsurene suggested, I'm thinking the character has to get hit by the attack to learn the skill, with a limited number of "slots" to hold on to.
I'm thinking of pairing this with a backstory of someone trapped in the dark realm. Their Blue Mage abilities allowed them to survive, but perhaps taking on characteristics of the local population.

So to be clear... pookie pookie are we doing the Stat or class thing at all? Just so that I know what I'm preparing for my cs is all?

After reading through the rough or final version of the sheet I may or may not stick around for this. If not then I apologize.

:: EDIT ::
One of the reasons for why I am bringing this up is because I've had bad experiences with using stat systems. I am aware you are not trying to "blue-ball" us or anything, but with certain stats..that might be higher or lower..I've experienced people getting overly upset or just being specific about certain stats, coming up with something along the lines saying "You shouldnt be able to do this...or that because your stat isnt high enough." While I can accept this from the GM saying it, it is really upsetting when ya hear it from another player who is making the decision and you're going by a stat which in the end is more of a chance system.

Last edited:
You shouldnt be able to do this...or that because your stat isnt high enough." While I can accept this from the GM saying it, it is really upsetting when ya hear it from another player who is making the decision
Ngl but who in their right minds would jump in and say "UHM ACHSKYUALLY" that's some grade-A BS if they aren't the GM. Sorry you had to experience that.
I believe (correct me if I am wrong though) that the stats are generally for flavor. It's to showcase what your character is good at and what they lack more so than just being this stat ensures you do everything in your field perfectly or terribly.

*EDIT*

Taking another glance it seems to also flesh out your role in a group format. Let's say you dip hard into Str and Vit. You're definitely a tank character if that's what you're intending to do for your character. The stats aren't mega-important but they hold value for both flavor and what you're expected to be capable of.

Last edited:
Ngl but who in their right minds would jump in and say "UHM ACHSKYUALLY" that's some grade-A BS if they aren't the GM. Sorry you had to experience that.
I believe (correct me if I am wrong though) that the stats are generally for flavor. It's to showcase what your character is good at and what they lack more so than just being this stat ensures you do everything in your field perfectly or terribly.
Yeah...you'd be surprised how many times I've dealt with this experience before, and it can be quite troublesome. I've dealt with this way too many times over and its honestly ruined my experience and in general taste for almost any rp that has any form of stats system in play.

IF the stat system is just for 'flavor' as you're putting it, then I may be more okay with it and be able to tolerate it. However, then that kind of makes me wonder the need for the Hp system. I get the idea of needing it to kind of determine how much you can take for getting hurt before you're out of combat...but this isn't us being in the KH "game"...while the game idea that we're playing in the KH universe, would the need for a HP system be necessary? Like, how would one determine how much 'damage' or how much one would be losing Hp when getting hit in a roleplay?...and what would happen if you lost all your Hp, would you pass out/die?

Only reason I bring this up about Hp is because if we were to roleplay this or lets say take this into a 'real' situation, you can get hurt and keep fighting and a person doesnt have a Hp meter, but getting hurt or exhausted to the point of you have no more energy to still stand or just bleeding or hurting too much to be able to continue fighting rather than just your Hp determining both how much your stamina is and how 'healthy' you are..

Idk if that made sense, I truly hope it does. x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back