• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom other sky | ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ—๏ธ

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
pookie pookie
Question regarding the rp lore. I read back through the story and unles I missed it..uhh is this rp taking place after..or during the time when the organization was still around? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Also since my character would've been part of the organization, do I need to add in the "spells" section he can make that dark portal thing? Or is that a given?

Yup, I put my cs up before the fact she put up the announcement. Im going to copy everything then delete it. Finish it up then send it to her through dm.
I'm trying to do the same, but tests about pasting a modified CS into a DM cause the code to break down. You have that problem?

I'm trying to do the same, but tests about pasting a modified CS into a DM cause the code to break down. You have that problem?
if you have the bbcode turned off (and thus the full suite of rich text editing options are turned on and available to be clicked), it will mess with the code

if you already have bbcode toggled on, i'm not sure why it would be doing that

if you'd like you can dm me the code as is and i can try and troubleshoot why it's misbehaving?

I'm thinking the rule still applies, hence why they brought it up

yeah but people still have their cs up

Thatโ€™s because they did it before Pookie announced we were supposed to DM her first. Anyone currently working in their CS will have to message her from then on.

Yup, I put my cs up before the fact she put up the announcement. Im going to copy everything then delete it. Finish it up then send it to her through dm.

animegirl20 animegirl20 nothingness and tsurene have it right, i'd prefer if you dm'd it to me

pookie pookie
Question regarding the rp lore. I read back through the story and unles I missed it..uhh is this rp taking place after..or during the time when the organization was still around? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Also since my character would've been part of the organization, do I need to add in the "spells" section he can make that dark portal thing? Or is that a given?

the organization has been disbanded following sora's actions in kh2

your character's inherent dark abilities (portals) and nobody element (i.e. demyx's water, axel's fire,) are a given. portals you can likely leave off, though i'd recommend putting his elemental abilities (even if they are not strictly "elements") on there just so i know what they are
those are sort of like freebies, if he knows any magic outside of that, that'll be under the same guidelines as those without nobody powers
which is nothing too strong off the bat, try and keep it thematic to the class you chose, etc

if you have the bbcode turned off (and thus the full suite of rich text editing options are turned on and available to be clicked), it will mess with the code

if you already have bbcode toggled on, i'm not sure why it would be doing that

if you'd like you can dm me the code as is and i can try and troubleshoot why it's misbehaving?
I think I have a fix. Pasting it first to a word program than copying from there to the DM seems to work. I lose some links embedded in text, but that can easily be redone. I wonder if they are the problem? Hmm. Testing will be required.
Thank you for your offer! I think I'm okay and rather enjoying problem solving this.

Edit: Nope. Not the embedded links. Oh well, I have a work around still.

I think I have a fix. Pasting it first to a word program than copying from there to the DM seems to work. I lose some links embedded in text, but that can easily be redone. I wonder if they are the problem? Hmm. Testing will be required.
Thank you for your offer! I think I'm okay and rather enjoying problem solving this.

Edit: Nope. Not the embedded links. Oh well, I have a work around still.
okey dokey! i wish you luck then :3 lmk if at any point you need some help

animegirl20 animegirl20 nothingness and tsurene have it right, i'd prefer if you dm'd it to me

the organization has been disbanded following sora's actions in kh2

your character's inherent dark abilities (portals) and nobody element (i.e. demyx's water, axel's fire,) are a given. portals you can likely leave off, though i'd recommend putting his elemental abilities (even if they are not strictly "elements") on there just so i know what they are
those are sort of like freebies, if he knows any magic outside of that, that'll be under the same guidelines as those without nobody powers
which is nothing too strong off the bat, try and keep it thematic to the class you chose, etc
Oh, alrighty!
Thank ye, uhhh...where would I be putting his nobody element? Would that also fall under the 'spells' section?

Oh, alrighty!
Thank ye, uhhh...where would I be putting his nobody element? Would that also fall under the 'spells' section?
you know, even though my main oc is going to be my nobody
i hadn't really thought about it LOL i likely would've figured it out when i got there, but i had yet to consider it among the other stuff i've been thinking about
so i've come up with a few options you could do, lmk which one you like best and if it requires your cs' code to change, i'll give you the relevant section to splice in

PurWmtu.png
G3X6p4Z.png
LFt7JUw.png
H7Cfsna.png
7BytTnl.png

you know, even though my main oc is going to be my nobody
i hadn't really thought about it LOL i likely would've figured it out when i got there, but i had yet to consider it among the other stuff i've been thinking about
so i've come up with a few options you could do, lmk which one you like best and if it requires your cs' code to change, i'll give you the relevant section to splice in

LFt7JUw.png
Ohhh! I do like this idea, it might be simple to do it this way.

Also, a question just popped into my head regarding the entirety of the roleplay. So, just how long have our characters been in 'Other Sky'. Since the world of 'Other Sky' is the world(s) of Kingdom Hearts...when the characters went to 'bed' and woke up in this world...did their world get 'replaced' with this game world or are they inside of the game world? If they are inside of the game world..how long were they there..that we would've had nobodies of our characters?

Ohhh! I do like this idea, it might be simple to do it this way.

Also, a question just popped into my head regarding the entirety of the roleplay. So, just how long have our characters been in 'Other Sky'. Since the world of 'Other Sky' is the world(s) of Kingdom Hearts...when the characters went to 'bed' and woke up in this world...did their world get 'replaced' with this game world or are they inside of the game world? If they are inside of the game world..how long were they there..that we would've had nobodies of our characters?
so the mmo other sky has, up until the first post i make IC for the rp, simply been a video game that those starting there have been playing on their computers

the "dream" i described that then became the "character customization" is essentially their dive to the heart
but instead of what normally happens, when they finish their dive to the heart they're going to wake up inside a world that up until that first post in the ic thread, was nothing more than a video game

how when where and why your character is a nobody is up to you, but the keybearers being transported to other sky is not the inciting incident that caused any nobodies because it's not a sundering of heart and form, no darkness has caused this

keybearers are the only ones who have to start in other sky
and if nobodies who are not keybearers are in other sky when the rp starts, they got there through means outside of how the keybearers got there
(sneaking in via portals like axel did to roxas's simulation, or something similar)

now if you want a narrative where because your nobody's somebody is being chosen to go to other sky as a trainer ground to see if they are worthy to wield the keyblade
your nobody got sucked in as a sort of accident bc the magical entity that dropped them there
mistook your nobody for also just being the somebody
that's fine, and is a fine way for them to be in other sky
but they will not have been inside other sky prior to the rp, because no one has been
up until it starts, it was simply a video game people were playing

so the mmo other sky has, up until the first post i make IC for the rp, simply been a video game that those starting there have been playing on their computers

the "dream" i described that then became the "character customization" is essentially their dive to the heart
but instead of what normally happens, when they finish their dive to the heart they're going to wake up inside a world that up until that first post in the ic thread, was nothing more than a video game

how when where and why your character is a nobody is up to you, but the keybearers being transported to other sky is not the inciting incident that caused any nobodies because it's not a sundering of heart and form, no darkness has caused this

and if nobodies who are not keybearers are in other sky when the rp starts, they got there through means outside of how the keybearers got there
(sneaking in via portals like axel did to roxas's simulation, or something similar)

now if you want a narrative where because your nobody's somebody is being chosen to go to other sky as a trainer ground to see if they are worthy to wield the keyblade
your nobody got sucked in as a sort of accident bc the magical entity that dropped them there
but they will not have been inside other sky prior to the rp, because no one has been

Alrighty, sorry that this might be complicating things but I do have some further questions and just some concerns to make sure that my nobody's story and the somebody's story makes sense before we start writing history and such.

So, Other Sky has just been a game this whole time prior to the start of the roleplay, thats fine with me. Although from what you're saying...there is no way a person could've become a Nobody through the normal means of KH outside of Other Sky. (i.e being attacked by a heartless or losing their heart somehow and the husk becomes the nobody. Or in this case of my character, his heart was conjoined with his sister/twin and something happened that his heart was taken from her and his body became the Nobody.) Is this right?

If this is the case, would Nobodies even be possible to exist prior to the whole incident with being taken into the game of Other Sky? If so, then I am wondering...would Heartless and the such been a thing in the real world prior to going into the game? If not...then...would something like this be possible:

Lets just say for the hell of it, I'll come up with a random scenario and you tell me if it's possible.

Lets say his twin had gotten very sick prior to joining the game, he went to a shrine thing somewhere and offered to give up anything so that she would be safe. In the case of this, his heart was given up to her..she gets better, but at the cost of his body(husk) being turned into a nobody..but if nobodies dont exist in this world...his (form?) was taken into the world of Other Sky where he lived for a small period of time to be able to even be part of the Organization...Since the organization does not exist in this current version once we enter the game as you said.

Would that work? This is at the thought that Heartless and Nobodies DONT exist outside of the game.

pookie pookie Alright, a re-evaluation of my character concept has me shifting to a โ€œnormal personโ€ classification. However, I wanted to see if her gaining a Keyblade down the line would be acceptable? It would be at the end of a personal arc of her defeating an old tormentor and saving an old friend in a little bit of a riff of the Sora and Riku relationship.

So, Other Sky has just been a game this whole time prior to the start of the roleplay, thats fine with me. Although from what you're saying...there is no way a person could've become a Nobody through the normal means of KH outside of Other Sky. (i.e being attacked by a heartless or losing their heart somehow and the husk becomes the nobody. Or in this case of my character, his heart was conjoined with his sister/twin and something happened that his heart was taken from her and his body became the Nobody.) Is this right?

(bold emphasis mine)

hey there! i have been building an application & keeping tabs on the ooc, and i was hoping you could tell me where this was said? i have flipped thru a few pages and i just want to make sure i'm not totally adhd phasing a pookie post out of existence. they told me they would be watching movies with family so they haven't hit me back up on discord yet to clarify lmao!

as far as i know in my chats with pookie on discord, the standard lore applies. Other Sky is just a gamified way to justify isekai'ing keybearing ocs into the KH verse. nobodies and somebodies are still functionally the same.

(bold emphasis mine)

hey there! i have been building an application & keeping tabs on the ooc, and i was hoping you could tell me where this was said? i have flipped thru a few pages and i just want to make sure i'm not totally adhd phasing a pookie post out of existence. they told me they would be watching movies with family so they haven't hit me back up on discord yet to clarify lmao!

as far as i know in my chats with pookie on discord, the standard lore applies. Other Sky is just a gamified way to justify isekai'ing keybearing ocs into the KH verse. nobodies and somebodies are still functionally the same.
Heeyy! I might've been confused when I read it all, but regarding where Pookie had stated this was here:

How when where and why your character is a nobody is up to you, but the keybearers being transported to other sky is not the inciting incident that caused any nobodies because it's not a sundering of heart and form, no darkness has caused this

I might've been confused like I said, but from what I gathered here and from what you're saying..I think?
So do Nobodies/Heartless and the like NOT exist outside of the Other Sky world? Or..do they?

I'm sorry if I might be asking repeating questions or getting on anyone's nerves about this, I just don't want to mess this up is all x.x

I'm sorry if I might be asking repeating questions or getting on anyone's nerves about this, I just don't want to mess this up is all x.x

omg no worries! i was just frantically looking between pages trying to see if i could help pookie out and wasn't sure where the info was coming from. thank you so much for pointing this out to me! i wouldn't worry too much about making mistakes, this is all in the early stages and coordinating a big group of people is just naturally going to get a little helter-skelter before we all hit our stride. having questions about early world building is normal.

but now that i have this quote, i see where the confusion is!

Other Sky is more like the narrative trappings of the heart dive/dream cinematic for the beginning of kh1. it does have it's own space your character can occupy as a world, but you should consider it more like the hundred acre wood, you're just changing out the jump into that world through a book for a video game.

nobodies and somebodies exist, just in the way they would anywhere else in the kh universe. other sky isn't a barrier to them existing either way.

omg no worries! i was just frantically looking between pages trying to see if i could help pookie out and wasn't sure where the info was coming from. thank you so much for pointing this out to me! i wouldn't worry too much about making mistakes, this is all in the early stages and coordinating a big group of people is just naturally going to get a little helter-skelter before we all hit our stride. having questions about early world building is normal.

but now that i have this quote, i see where the confusion is!

Other Sky is more like the narrative trappings of the heart dive/dream cinematic for the beginning of kh1. it does have it's own space your character can occupy as a world, but you should consider it more like the hundred acre wood, you're just changing out the jump into that world through a book for a video game.

nobodies and somebodies exist, just in the way they would anywhere else in the kh universe. other sky isn't a barrier to them existing either way.
Thank you so very much.
So from what I am getting at this to be put as bluntly as possible. From your final sentence there, Nobodies and Heartless exist one way or another even before the group or people got sucked into Other Sky.

If this is correct from what you're saying..the world outside of Other Sky is like the beginning of KH1 where Sora, Riku and Kairi were on Destiny Island..which was technically already part of the KH worlds..just one part of many..and wasn't until the whole incident of everything that Sora was brought into a more larger understanding of it and the whole events of the game started, yes?

yes, this is correct! i think that puts it succinctly.
edit: at least i think it is (leaving plausible deniability for pookie to correct us both bc im a bimbo)

if there are any additional bits and bobs then pookie will definitely fill you in once they get freed up to reply, but i hope i could at least make it easier for you to consider how you want to approach what you want to write. thank you so much for being so patient, btw!

Last edited:
yes, this is correct! i think that puts it succinctly.
edit: at least i think it is (leaving plausible deniability for pookie to correct us both bc im a bimbo)

if there are any additional bits and bobs then pookie will definitely fill you in once they get freed up to reply, but i hope i could at least make it easier for you to consider how you want to approach what you want to write. thank you so much for being so patient, btw!
No worries! I dont mind changing it after if things are not as you stated.

Although getting this cleared up really did help out! Thank you so very much for your help, with this info I can at least start working on my CS a bit more...since I was stuck for a good while just trying to figure this all out.

terriermon-digimon.gif

Introducing bunnicula bunnicula as Other Sky's new moderator !

Hi everyone! So sorry I've been MIA most the day, but I just wanted to come on really fast to make an announcement. She's already been in this thread a bit today, but I'd like to introduce you all to Other Sky's new moderator! She's going to help me manage things. She's also going to get permissions to accept profiles! So when you're done with your CS if you'd like you can send it in a group DM to both she and I, or you can just send it to me (with the knowledge I will be passing it on to her in the event I'm too swamped to handle it at that time myself).
โ €

Users who are viewing this thread

Back