• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Original Plots - Fantasy & Modern

Meredith

of Fiendish Intent
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Look! Another original plot interest check.

It's come to this again.

I'm putting up an interest check for various 1x1 ideas (which will likely be updated in time) as I've found myself with a reduced number of games. Keep in mind, school is starting in a few weeks, which means that my activity will drop after school starts! I'll be making sure I'm able to play in all the 1x1s I plan and start with you guys.

My partner requirements are thus:

•  I expect you to brainstorm with me! It's not fun to be the one planning everything. In regards to this, I also expect your character to be at least as proactive as mine during the game - I will not consistently carry the story along for your character to react to.
  • The plot(s) and characters should evolve as the game goes on - otherwise 1x1s get really dry, really quick.
  • I'd like at least one post a week. I can't reply to games every day, and I don't expect you to, but it should be relatively active.
  • I only roleplay in literate style (paragraph form) and prefer third-person narrative. Writing should also be in past tense, please! Any post length over one paragraph per post is acceptable.
  • I'd prefer a partner under the age of 18.
  • Please at least be able to play both genders. I'll play male, female, or otherwise as my main - you can choose. However, I expect to see both male and female side characters/NPCs.
  • Please use a legible font and font colour. I can't read super-small font, as my eyes aren't great, so default size or bigger would be A++

Now for the plots that I have! Keep in mind that regardless of a plot's implications, I don't do romance for the sake of romance - if the characters fit that way and it develops, sure, but I'm not going to do insta-romance. Plots with hearts are current cravings.

Note: If there is interest in certain ideas that could lend themselves to groups, such as The Wanderers, I have no issues with turning one or two of these into collaborative group games.

Medieval Plots (Or Old-Timey Technology)

The Wanderers (Any gender combo)

This pair or group of adventurers have been together for a while, have recently met, or are yet to meet at the start of the game. They find themselves to be distant amongst old friends, and ill-met amongst others. This may be due to race, temperament, job choice, etc.

This party is recruited into doing odd and sometimes dangerous jobs.

Think traditional pathfinder/DnD-esque plot. Main plot(s) TBD.

When The Cat's Away (Preferably MxM)

The head honcho of a large Assassin's guild has recently been killed by a bounty hunter.

This takes place (at least initially) in a relatively large city. This city is famed for its architectural beauty, compared to other places of the time, and extensive library. What most people don't know is how much of an underworld it houses.

One of the characters is an assassin, the other, a bounty hunter of the city.

Nobody's sure what's going on right now - chaos has erupted. Main plot(s) TBD.

Arranged Marriage (Preferably MxF) ♡

One or both of these characters has not found themselves predisposed to the idea of a political marriage, for their own reasons (which will likely be uncovered in character creation.) The son of a noble family is to be married to the daughter of a family that, while starting to lose their wealth, are still powerful in their home kingdom. The families hope to merge their wealth and favour in the next generation. Sub/main plot(s) TBD.

Optional: This could turn into a survival story, if disaster strikes while the pair are travelling, or something else similar.

Modern Plots (Slice of Life)

We're What? (Preferably MxF) ♡

This is a superpowered plot.

One day, they showed up on your door. Arguing with your parents, most likely, leaving you sitting in your bedroom as you hear their voices raise. You'd known you were special, powered, even before.

Whatever went down that day, you knew after that they wanted you, and you had to run.

Somebody's after you, and you have to find out who, banding together with whoever you can - even if they originate from the other side.

(This plot will require each of us to have characters on both sides.)

Fandom List

RWBY

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)
Welcome to Nightvale

Black Lagoon

Black Cat

That's all I can think of for now! Feel free to message below or PM me if you're interested.

If you want to do a plot that's not here, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Hey, I'm loving the post, would love to do a RWBY based roleplay even more, or maybe if you aren't feeling the RWBY rp, I would really like to try When The Cat's Away, sounds very interesting and like we could make that more long term than most Roleplays.

Hmm...only for under 18?  O.o

I find a lot of older 1x1ers won't play with a minor anyways - even in non-romance games. Not sure why, honestly. I might be accepting older members depending on what they're wanting to play.

Hey, I'm loving the post, would love to do a RWBY based roleplay even more, or maybe if you aren't feeling the RWBY rp, I would really like to try When The Cat's Away, sounds very interesting and like we could make that more long term than most Roleplays.

If you wouldn't mind butchering the fandom, we might even be able to merge the two. I'm not sure, it's late and I can't brain right now. 

PM me with some thoughts on what you'd like in the roleplay?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find a lot of older 1x1ers won't play with a minor anyways - even in non-romance games. Not sure why, honestly. I might be accepting older members depending on what they're wanting to play.

If you wouldn't mind butchering the fandom, we might even be able to merge the two. I'm not sure, it's late and I can't brain right now. 

PM me with some thoughts on what you'd like in the roleplay?

That actually sounds amazing, I don't even think we would need to butcher it as I feel like they both would fit in, beacon already does have such a big crime underworld I doubt that there wouldn't be Assassins and some sort of Mercenary. Shoot me a Pm?

@Meredith Age does not denote wisdom. How long you have breathed in this world should not change who you are, anyway. But I digress.

I mostly play fantasy since realistic bores me...I mean we are roleplaying 24 hours in realistic world anyway so escaping to fantasy world would be a better thing to do, right?

If you're okay with an old cat like me, The Wanderers or Arranged Marriage perked my interest.

@Meredith Age does not denote wisdom. How long you have breathed in this world should not change who you are, anyway. But I digress.

I mostly play fantasy since realistic bores me...I mean we are roleplaying 24 hours in realistic world anyway so escaping to fantasy world would be a better thing to do, right?

If you're okay with an old cat like me, The Wanderers or Arranged Marriage perked my interest.

I mean, I like realistic actionish games, but otherwise I go mostly fantasy. 

//The rule is there because I get rejected from 1x1s for being a smol child more often than I like, and people knowing I am small stops the whole 'I'm interested. Wait. 

Nevermind, tiny child' thing.

Could you PM me with what you think you'd like to do in one/both of them? Like.. what you'd like to see in that type of game. I need to go pass out for tonight, so that's fun, and I'm not quite as on-the-ball as normal~

I'd be interested in RPing with you! All of your requirements are apart of the sort of things I look for in a partner myself, so, that's a relief, haha.

Anyways, I'd be interested in The Wanderers and Arranged Marriage, as well as anything in the RWBY fandom.

Send me a PM! Maybe tell me a little bit of what you'd like to see in either RP? :3

As of this post, I am now closed for 1x1s.

Check back later to see if this thread's been bumped with another notice!

just to be clear, I was rejected, correct?

i think so.

I looked through the plots and couldn't quite find one that suited - but at this point I've got lots of planning going on.

I'll definitely check back on your thread if I'm looking in future, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back