• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (OPEN) The True History of the War of the Ring (Lord of the Ring Alternate Universe)

Bloodshed

Meta-Magic Eight Ball
1587778004492.png
The War of the Ring: a Tale of the Victors
The night grew dark around The Prancing Pony in Bree. Men from all walks of life trudged around in the streets, filled to the brim with excrement and dead bodies. The air smelled of burnt flesh and decaying dreams. Armed guards patrol the streets bearing the red insignia of Gondor, the "last kingdom of light in a sea of darkness." A man grows brave, spitting at guardsmen, screaming at the top of his lungs "Death to the false King Aragorn! The usurper! The violat-" His voice is silenced as the guardsmen draw crimson from his neck. The man's body falls limp on the ground, a hollow shell once so vivacious and full of rebellion. Now, the voice of dissent joins the filth that cakes the ground around them. Everyone continues to walk, crushing his body under their feet. It has either become out of fear or desensitization that they no longer react so vividly to the violence around them, but what else are they to do? Join those who compose their roads? The spark of rebellion died long ago.

In The Shire, the hobbits rush about their daily work, industrial clouds caking the sky itself. Every breath of the greying fog is a lashing to the lungs of its inhabitants. The industrial age had come and destroyed the once peaceful people, now slaves to the race of man. Aragorn had promised them that he would care for them, bring them riches beyond what they could ever imagine. The true king would return, and the hobbits would serve a vital place in his new 'peace-driven' monarchy. What fools they were to follow man into this darkness? Within a little hole in the ground, a halfling removes his shirt to reveal the brutal lashings that have flayed his flesh and spirit alike. His wife conjures a salve and stitches his wounds, speaking in a cautious tone to her husband, "You got mouthy again, didn't you? I keep tellin' ya. You can't do that. The masters always get violent. They always do. Promise me you won-" The door caves in with two armed knights rushing in. Whoosh! Whoosh! In two swiped of their blade, two nasty hobbits are wiped from existence.

In Gondor, the sun rises red once more for blood has been spilled this night. The King awakens from his slumber. Aragorn dresses in his robes and approaches his balcony. Outside stand his citizens, caked in filth and musk. He can smell them all from here, and he relishes in it. The crowd of thousands cheers his very appearance, unaware of the damage that he has wrought. He raises his hands above his head, and the roar of the crowd grows louder and more deafening with every inch that his arms rise. This is his empire, one built on lies and deceit for the true history of the War of the Ring has never been told. Instead, history has only been told by the victor.

Do you remember the heroics of the Fellowship? Do you remember the greatness of Aragorn, king of men? Do you remember Sauron the receiver? Do you remember his monstrous acts of brutality? Do you remember Saruman the traitor? Do you remember Gandalf the wizard who helped to unify the armies of light? Or are you like me? Do you remember the peaceful nature of Mordor? The beauty of Sauron's love for his people? How Aragorn slaughtered Boromir in the woods only to blame it on Sauron? Do you remember how Mordor, the last beacon of light in this world, was extinguished by a power-crazed man obsessed with becoming a god? Do you remember the real Fellowship who fought back against Aragorn at every step possible? Will you help me tell their story so that it never dies?
The Premise
This is a re-telling of the Lord of the Rings by the people of Mordor. This version of the story paints forth a very different image of the War of the Ring than what has been presented to us. In this version, Tolkien's story is a story of war told by the victors, not those who fell. Mordor is a peaceful society of orcs, trolls, and other peoples who have a rich and beautiful culture, full of the greatest philosophers, artists, and intellectuals to grace Middle-Earth. They serve as the capital of the country and have provided true equity to the people of Middle Earth. Out of this great peace rose a terrible mind: Aragorn of Gondor. He is a radical man who started a movement, claiming that the people of Mordor have developed a super-weapon out of dark magic to wipe out all of Middle-Earth and establish a new world order. With his wizard Gandalf at his side, they fear mongered across the countryside and brought rebellion and distrust in the Mordorian government and the kind monarch, Sauron. They have sowed the seeds of distrust and developed an alliance to assault the people of Mordor and take power. What Aragorn does not know is that he is a puppet of the elves who want to establish an aristocracy based on Elvish supremacy above all other races. It is a deep and nasty web of lies being driven in Middle-Earth, and rebellion has started. Aragorn won the war and rewrote history as The Lord of the Rings. The culture of Mordor still survives and tells the story of the people who fought back against Aragorn, a different breed of hero who were tasked by Sauron to protect Mordor. We will be telling their story together. We will tell as they drove into enemy territory to fight back unjust Rebellion. If you are interested to tell their story, comment below! I would love to tell the story of a different fellowship with you. Perhaps you are a monk within the realm of Mordor who was chosen based on his wisdom? Maybe you were a member of Sauron's personal guard who was trusted to lead the fellowship against Aragorn's? Or were you a defector from Aragorn's regime who realized that he was spreading falsehoods against Mordor?

Perhaps you may want to roleplay a member of Aragorn's regime. A twisted Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas, or Frodo? I can accommodate that as well! We are here to tell the full story of the War, so let's do this!

Comment below if you are interested! We will create the characters in Sauron's fellowship and develop a story about the fight and failure to save Mordor. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. I was inspired by the book The Last Ringbearer with this premise. I thought it would be fun to change the moral absolutism of Tolkien's world and twist it so that it was an inaccurate account.

Last edited:
I am definitely no. Just trying to get you to join what will be an awesome roleplay *laughs in evil*
-rolls eyes- Tell you what. I will seriously consider joining this RP, but ONLY if you get rid of that infernal link >>

I'm happy to give this a go if other people join up to. you have an awesome premise dude!

I'm happy to give this a go if other people join up to. you have an awesome premise dude!
So far, we have about 4 people interested (including me). My goal is to get about 9 total to have a fellowship about the same size as that in LOTR. If you happen to know anybody who might be interested, don't be afraid to tag them. I will be posting a CS thread soon so we can get the ball rolling a tiny bit more! I am hoping that this gets some traction :)

Ayama Ayama Togy Togy Keggee311 Keggee311
Hey guys, I am starting to get all of the threads up right now! Just got up the CS.

Feel free to head over and make one @ Fandom - The True History of the War of the Ring-(Open)-Character Sheets

If you have any lore ideas and questions, send them my way! This thread is my first time hosting a roleplay, so I will be making some modifications and posting with time. OOC, Official Thread, and Lore will start up over the next few days as well. If you know anybody who might be interested, do not hesitate to stage them. Goal if nine people to roleplay the fellowship to mimic Tolkien's. We are currently at 4 people, so I am pretty happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back