• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

This is where my inexperience costs people time. I'm sorry, I am a dumbass and did not post up anywhere to wait so I cannot blame you for posting. The RP isn't started yet.

That being said you can leave the post up there. Don't delete it, that will break my tiny coal of a heart (probably not but I'll feel like a dick for sure) my goal is to start posting when we have ten people accepted. We are at seven right now with three work in progress character sheets, so we should be good in a day hopefully.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

This is where my inexperience costs people time. I'm sorry, I am a dumbass and did not post up anywhere to wait so I cannot blame you for posting. The RP isn't started yet.

That being said you can leave the post up there. Don't delete it, that will break my tiny coal of a heart (probably not but I'll feel like a dick for sure) my goal is to start posting when we have ten people accepted. We are at seven right now with three work in progress character sheets, so we should be good in a day hopefully.

oh sheet I'm sorry I didn't see this until just now

Lol youre good you can leave your post up as well. No harm no foul, it won't take anything away from the RP or get in the way of anything.
LOL ye, I felt to bad, I deleted it, I can always repost when we officially start and add/subtract what I need to in that time. Don't want to have it bog down with too many people makeing the mistake cause they see more people who've posted

deianeira deianeira actually it'll be a little longer. Your code doesn't work with my phone so I need to be home on my computer. So maybe 1.5 hours.

1. Is there still a waiting list or am I free to make my CS?

2. I noticed another OC has a Telekinesis quirk. Is it alright if I have basically the same thing except fleshed out a lot?

1. Is there still a waiting list or am I free to make my CS?

2. I noticed another OC has a Telekinesis quirk. Is it alright if I have basically the same thing except fleshed out a lot?

I'm gonna allow character sheets until we have 12 characters accepted. Before I was going to base it on the interest thread, however that's not a merit based way to have slots filled. Should be based on who wants it more.

You can make that power, but tbh I'd prefer more variety. Your call though.

deianeira deianeira

About your character. You're accepted. One thing though. Please make it so that there's a delay with the eye contact thing. It's kind of a one shot instant victory if you just make eye contact once and poof, fight over. That can definitely be the end result of training your character up though, like their final form is just a flash freeze and it's over they're stone, super quick and efficient, but as of now I'd like it to be less one-shotty. Hand contact can be instant but one question, is it a creeping change? Or do you just touch them and they're done? Honestly I'll leave that to you I guess the challenge is touching them, being less of a physical fighting quirk.

Other than that I really like your character and the quirk is unique af happy to see that.

Jet Jet
Okay, thanks. Perhaps that is one of the things I should have her work up to, what with quirk training and all!
Definitely excited for this!

Jet Jet
Okay, thanks. Perhaps that is one of the things I should have her work up to, what with quirk training and all!
Definitely excited for this!

Yeah I don't want to take away from the power ceiling of the quirk. Off start though something that has one shot potential like that in a non obvious fashion is just a bit op. I appreciate the understanding and thanks for the hype.

I'm thinking that you can have it be a creeping power, like the villain who has decay as his power. Once trained up it becomes faster and faster until it's a flash over of stone.

What did you have in mind, if you don't mind me asking?

Basically I was thinking of using an advanced form of Telekinesis that gives the user control over attractive an repulsive forces along with attractive forces. Also I figured I'd give it the generic nerf of "you can't manipulate or move organic material other than yourself" and gave a variety of SOO (Symptoms of Overuse) These include but aren't limited to: Shortness of breath, Vertigo, Nausea, Lightheadedness, vomiting and unconsciousness. I was also going to put in a carry limit that would induce the SOO if they were exceeded. It's a quirk I've used in a few other rps so I've been able to develop it a bit.

Basically I was thinking of using an advanced form of Telekinesis that gives the user control over attractive an repulsive forces along with attractive forces. Also I figured I'd give it the generic nerf of "you can't manipulate or move organic material other than yourself" and gave a variety of SOO (Symptoms of Overuse) These include but aren't limited to: Shortness of breath, Vertigo, Nausea, Lightheadedness, vomiting and unconsciousness. I was also going to put in a carry limit that would induce the SOO if they were exceeded. It's a quirk I've used in a few other rps so I've been able to develop it a bit.

So you mean control over gravity and magnetism? Or just pulling and pushing stuff away from yourself?

So you mean control over gravity and magnetism? Or just pulling and pushing stuff away from yourself?

An easier way of thinking about it would be Universal Pull (without moving organic material) and Almighty Push from the Naruto Shippuden series

An easier way of thinking about it would be Universal Pull (without moving organic material) and Almighty Push from the Naruto Shippuden series

Ah OK. That's alright by me. The inorganic matter only is a good nerf. We are first years so adjust power accordingly but no reason that the power ceiling can't be strong enough to throw around cars and boulders.

The reason I keep talking about ceiling, and this goes for everyone, is that there will be time skips that allow for real growth. Not lip service about "training and getting better!" every episode is followed by a time skip with an explanation of what happened in the blank period. You'll be allowed to ratchet up the power. The end game is us being a bunch of certified bad asses.

Jet Jet

Ooh, I didn't even think of that! I like that better than what I was going to do with it haha.

As for the eye-contact aspect, I changed it to have a 5 second delay. She has to be holding it for the full 5 seconds, leaving herself vulnerable. If it breaks, she has to start over. Even then though, with how inexperienced she is, her target may be able to jump out of their shoes before the transformation actually traps them, as I planed for the transformation to start from the bottom up. It's a similar case with the touch part of her quirk. It could start to work immediately, but the larger her target is, the longer it takes for them to actually be turned to stone. For example, there would be quite a difference between turning a pencil to stone (almost instantaneous) and a full grown person (she would have to maintain contact for at least 30 seconds, I think).

How does that sound? I actually really liked the idea of 'creeping' stone, so I think I may have took it and ran, a bit.

Jet Jet

Ooh, I didn't even think of that! I like that better than what I was going to do with it haha.

As for the eye-contact aspect, I changed it to have a 5 second delay. She has to be holding it for the full 5 seconds, leaving herself vulnerable. If it breaks, she has to start over. Even then though, with how inexperienced she is, her target may be able to jump out of their shoes before the transformation actually traps them, as I planed for the transformation to start from the bottom up. It's a similar case with the touch part of her quirk. It could start to work immediately, but the larger her target is, the longer it takes for them to actually be turned to stone. For example, there would be quite a difference between turning a pencil to stone (almost instantaneous) and a full grown person (she would have to maintain contact for at least 30 seconds, I think).

How does that sound? I actually really liked the idea of 'creeping' stone, so I think I may have took it and ran, a bit.

Yeah that's actually a bigger nerf than what I was expecting, you can make yourself more powerful than that but it's all your choice (nothing makes me happy apparently lmfao) . However you do it I trust you, you're accepted so whatever adjustments you'd like to make you can do without changing your accepted status, you don't strike me as the power tripping type so Ill let you do you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back