• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice [OOC] - To Stand Against the Crimson Tide

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Update time! Per Sherwood...

Well, here is another update on the Eternal Hospital Stay for poor Sherwood. I am feeling much better today, but the downside is that I have multiple leaks in my right side lung, keeping my chest tube in. If the docs pull it out now, the leaks would just have my lung collapse again and they would have to replace the chest tube. If there is not any progress, the next step is a much more invasive operation to open up my side and do a surgical repair of these leaks, leaving the chest tube in until I heal from the worst of the operation and can then start to look for a discharge date of about 5-7 days from then. I am sooooo done with this, having spent the past three weeks in the hospital.

Well, a bit of good news. I should be able to go home in about two to three days. It all depends on my chest tube when it comes out. If my lung starts to collapse, I get to leave with a take home tube to keep me breathing. If It stays inflated, I'm out of here in probably 2 days. I am so happy. I've been in the hospital for over 3 weeks so far, and this is going to be such a great change.

I'm happy to hear the doctors think it's safe to send you home! I hope your lungs stay precisely as full as you want them to, for as long as you want them to.

Here's an update on my illness. I have my chest tube clamped, and assuming that there is no problems overnight, I'll get it removed in the morning and be home hopefully Thursday. I am so excited to be out of here after spending nearly a month in the hospital.

Here's an update on my illness. I have my chest tube clamped, and assuming that there is no problems overnight, I'll get it removed in the morning and be home hopefully Thursday. I am so excited to be out of here after spending nearly a month in the hospital.
🤞

Water Aspect DB
E3
Join Battle 9 (+5/5m)
Evasion 4 (+2/4m), Parry 5 (+3/6m)
Black Jade Grimcleavers: 12 dice (+5/5m); 19L/4
Clinch: 8/8
Black Jadescale Cloak: Soak 11/8

Stealth 9 (+6/6m); Senses 8 (+5/5m)

OOC using a Withering Strike to try and knock the wind out of her. Adding the Charm Divine Predator Strike: he adds (1 + attack roll 10s) dice to the post-soak damage of a withering attack, maximum (Strength).
Str 5 + DBT 5 + Brawl 2 + Accuracy 4 + Excellency 5 + Stunt 2 = 23 dice

11 successes to hit; adding +3 dice to the post-soak damage.

Assuming she doesn't change her DV, I hit with 6 successes. I don't see a Soak rating listed for her.

Cost: 1m, 1wp;
Mins: Strength 3, Essence 1
Type: Simple
Keywords: Withering-only
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Hybrid Body Transformation
Flesh and Essence swelling with the unleashed power of her almighty rage, the Lunar assumes a dread warform. To use this Charm, Hybrid Body Transformation must be active. The Lunar gains the following
benefits:
She adds (Strength) to the raw damage of her withering attacks.
• She adds (Strength) dice on feats of strength and movement actions.
• She adds (Strength) natural soak.
• She treats her Strength as (Essence) higher for determining what feats of strength she may attempt.
However, the Lunar suffers the following drawbacks in this state:
• She suffers a −1 Defense penalty that can’t be negated.
• She loses the benefits of resonance with artifacts, and becomes dissonant with any artifact she’s not normally resonant with.
Special activation rules: When the Lunar uses Hybrid Body Transformation, she may reflexively activate this Charm.

Her soak is 11! She'll raise her Parry to 8. DBT adds to damage, not attack rolls. Did you want to spend 10m on the excellency instead of 5 by stunting in a second attribute at 5?

Your damage would be 7 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 = 23 - 11 = 12 dice of damage if you spend the extra motes on the excellency, 17 + 1 + 2 - 11 = 9 dice of damage otherwise. Assuming you don't want to spend any motes on the strength excellency to boost your damage further.

Tachyon Tachyon feel free to declare yourself one of the two soldiers who carried Sjet into the tower, if you wish. I forget if you know anything about medicine, but you certainly know how to carry someone.

Her soak is 11! She'll raise her Parry to 8. DBT adds to damage, not attack rolls. Did you want to spend 10m on the excellency instead of 5 by stunting in a second attribute at 5?

Your damage would be 7 + 5 + 5 + 3 + 3 = 23 - 11 = 12 dice of damage if you spend the extra motes on the excellency, 17 + 1 + 2 - 11 = 9 dice of damage otherwise. Assuming you don't want to spend any motes on the strength excellency to boost your damage further.
Yes, please! I'll roll the extra 5 dice here.

Edit. Ignore the first roll; it logged it before I had changed the number/faces of the die. Now I just need to calculate my damage.

3 successes over her DV of 8 + 10 Str + 10 from DBT + 7 damage as a light melee weapon - 11 for her soak = 19
So you spent 10m on the Strength Excellency (Stunting in Stamina to increase the cap to 10?). Then you also spent 5 more motes on the Strength Excellency to boost your damage by 5. DBT only adds your base Strength to your damage, so 5. So 17 total motes on this attack?

So 3 net hits + 3 divine predator strike 10s + 7 weapon + 5 strength + 5 excellency + 5 DBT - 11 = 17 damage, right?

Oh, and I completely forgot Garret has a permanent -1 DV from DBT! Were you accounting for that previously when under attack? If not, no worries, I'll try to remember it in future.

Also, a quick update on Sherwood's status. He has a large air bubble in his right lung that the doc's have put in a new drainage tube to keep his lung from collapsing. He should be getting out of the hospital on Monday, and he's pretty depressed with having to wait to get home. After all, it's now been a full month that he's been in the hospital.

So you spent 10m on the Strength Excellency (Stunting in Stamina to increase the cap to 10?). Then you also spent 5 more motes on the Strength Excellency to boost your damage by 5. DBT only adds your base Strength to your damage, so 5. So 17 total motes on this attack?

So 3 net hits + 3 divine predator strike 10s + 7 weapon + 5 strength + 5 excellency + 5 DBT - 11 = 17 damage, right?
Ok, lets finish this up.

Edit: 7 successes

Also, a quick update on Sherwood's status. He has a large air bubble in his right lung that the doc's have put in a new drainage tube to keep his lung from collapsing. He should be getting out of the hospital on Monday, and he's pretty depressed with having to wait to get home. After all, it's now been a full month that he's been in the hospital.
Damn, that is depressing! I completely understand being excited about being discharged after being stuck in the hospital for so long.

Edit: 7 successes
Good hit! It's amazing what a Lunar can do against armour with their bare hands!

Elishar, Archon of Air, attempts a Decisive attack against Garret now that Sjet is out of sight. She's rolling 13 dice + 1 success. If Garret doesn't have a way to parry ranged attacks, he'll need an appropriate stunt or he'll have to use his Dodge. Garret will have to beat her Stealth roll with a Perception + Awareness roll or the attack will have Surprise and his DV will take a -2 penalty.
All right. Lets make some rolls.

I'd like to spend 2m to use my Perception Excellency to give me a total of 7 dice. With my Charm of Sense Sharpening Change, I reroll 1's until they don't appear.
6 Successes! Woot!

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to be able to boost my Dodge DV enough to defend against the attack. I do have lots of health levels, and the healing Charm Halting the Scarlet Flow. I guess this is where i get my tusk broken to go with my character pic.

Oh, hey, the site exists again! Tomorrow or the next day I'll get back to this. This combat is almost over, after which we move back to narrative time and you can all post freely as you meet each other.

Nope! The battle is chaotic, and Sayuri only has her senses for a guide. It's very difficult to tell who is friend and who is foe. Nott has more information than you, and could potentially provide some guidance, but he's currently occupied with first aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back