• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC: The Underways of Gethamane

Main
Here
Lore
Here
Max's real skill is actually just dodge. Specifically dodgeing until people crash themselves.

I probably should have, but the initiative charms in dodge were just so appealing. I was also trying to build with the initial premise of the game in mind, otherwise I would have had a meatier investment in larceny.

I wanted to get more Charms from my Martial Arts style, but I needed so many others I had to put them on my wish list.

I wanted to focus on my spellcasting, but I have Charms from multiple Abilities on my to-get list.

I figured I'd have plenty of chance to catch up in other abilities outside the core spec. Hopefully I can lean on excellencies for the short term.

it wasn't a criticism on ym behalf, it was interesting to note, that is all.
I could have gone wild, literally, with Survival, and have a familiar that is insane, but I wanted a more low-tone character, and to see where she grows.

One thing that sucks for me is having to spend 4 Merit points on getting the Martial Art background. I guess I could have gone with regular melee Charms, but I wanted to try my hand with my MA style.

I figured I'd have plenty of chance to catch up in other abilities outside the core spec. Hopefully I can lean on excellencies for the short term.
it wasn't a criticism on ym behalf, it was interesting to note, that is all.
I could have gone wild, literally, with Survival, and have a familiar that is insane, but I wanted a more low-tone character, and to see where she grows.
It is a clear fact that even with a Essence 5 build, there will be Charms that we want that we can't start with because we run out of available Charms.

Yep, I knew I'd want this core kit regardless of locale, so it's all natural development from here.

Looks like we are one Caste short of a perfect Circle. Just need an Eclipse and we are all set.

Where did everyone come from? And how did they get to Gethamane?

My character roams the north and could meet everyone who travels there. Especially if they are ill prepared for the climate.

I came from the Threshold area, in a non-specific town. Duncan ran north to get away from those after him from the Wyld Hunt.

I'm from Eagle's Launch on the Blessed Isle, but was performing a archaeological dig in the northeast when I Exalted.

I came from the Threshold area, in a non-specific town. Duncan ran north to get away from those after him from the Wyld Hunt.
Max is mostly in the same boat, I picked Port Calin for his hometown. Apparently, there's a trade route that leads straight to Gethamane from there.

I'm from Eagle's Launch on the Blessed Isle, but was performing a archaeological dig in the northeast when I Exalted.

What would she do and where would she go after Exalting? Perhaps she tried to tried to get lost in the wild, a part of her trying to kill herself before the "demon" got full control? Only to be rescued by Snow Blossom?

I can see Max and Duncan meeting in a port, and getting along well. Maybe each afraid to let the other know his secret, but finding some camraderie between them. And then the Wyld Hunt appears, and both say at the same time "They are after me! They are after you?!" And then they join forces.

I am debating wether to take the Scarred by Nightmares or the Elixir as my character's Initiation. The Elixir would make her more of an ascetic person as in having a strict diet and not indulging in life's temptations. While the Nightmares will likely give her a bit of a darker tone.

What kind of tone/feel are you looking for Snow Blossom to have? How would you want the shaping ritual to interact with the rest of the character's skillset? Perhaps those questions might help you decide .-.

You have good scores in Survival, Medicine, and Lore, which lend to the idea that you created your Elixir while in the wild.

However, your Lore specialty is in the Fae and one of your major negative intimacies is about the Fae as well, which gives you a good reason to be scarred by Nightmares.

Also Shadow, you have Terrestrial Sorcery but no spell. Please fix!

What would she do and where would she go after Exalting? Perhaps she tried to tried to get lost in the wild, a part of her trying to kill herself before the "demon" got full control? Only to be rescued by Snow Blossom?
I like the idea of a nearly suicidal Deunan running off into the wilds of the north, and running into Blossom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back