• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC โ€” INHERIT THE EARTH.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
woJemkezkqDgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

isn't the fbi for investigations >> ? ๐Ÿค”
what are you a cop

rip faust said that was too crack gonna have to tone it done-

on another topic tho, i cant believe we r rlly getting rolling >;o

hello everyone! now that the cs is up (which,,, hype!), ya resident loremaster is now working hard on their files (:<
if there's anything you would like to see covered/answered in the lore thread, please do tell me!!

1/3 of the way through the CS... collapses

Loving all the fun little code tricks found in the main posts so far.

[div class=clickDivx]They're fun to mess around with.[/div] [script class=clickDivx on=mouseenter]setText "Oh right, there's a little bonus stuck into the CS."[/script] [script class=clickDivx on=mouseleave]setText "They're fun to mess around with. :^)"[/script]

1/3 of the way through the CS... collapses

Loving all the fun little code tricks found in the main posts so far.

[div class=clickDivx]They're fun to mess around with.[/div] [script class=clickDivx on=mouseenter]setText "Oh right, there's a little bonus stuck into the CS."[/script] [script class=clickDivx on=mouseleave]setText "They're fun to mess around with. :^)"[/script]
o heck (: !! ๐Ÿ‘€ very interesting stylistic choice to put the whole CS ic, too! looking forward to see the completed version!

hello! this is actually really fruggin sick, you actually did a very commendable job on world building and everything! love it :')

ok anyways here's this idea:

a bard, but not your generic mus-tachio'ed man with a cool hat and a lute, but instead a lowborn human boy who is extremely desperate to save his powerfully and magically bound flute that belonged to his insert close family member here?
just an idea i thought would be cool for the bard, definitely going to be fleshing it out in my mind and/or on a doc to properly fit it into this great world you've got here

ae68ch2.jpg

ahem. onto the questions :^)
- how is magic learnt/taught? can anyone learn magic? or is there a certain aptitude necessary for someone to harness it?
- had there been any instances of magic 'failing' prior to magerot (i.e. structures falling apart or people dying as a result of some screw up)?
- where and how exactly could the healer learn their trade if physical/scientific healing had been all but entirely phased out? could it be self-taught or is that unrealistic for the skill level we're both (probably) imagining?
- animal companions? must know your thoughts. demand them.
- are there any big educational institutes, like a college/hub of knowledge in feyst?
- what sort of technological level are we looking at? classic medieval fantasy level?

hello! this is actually really fruggin sick, you actually did a very commendable job on world building and everything! love it :')

ok anyways here's this idea:

a bard, but not your generic mus-tachio'ed man with a cool hat and a lute, but instead a lowborn human boy who is extremely desperate to save his powerfully and magically bound flute that belonged to his insert close family member here?
just an idea i thought would be cool for the bard, definitely going to be fleshing it out in my mind and/or on a doc to properly fit it into this great world you've got here

hi!!! welcome & thank you for the interest! that sounds like a v interesting character, and i look forward to ur application!!

ae68ch2.jpg

ahem. onto the questions :^)
- how is magic learnt/taught? can anyone learn magic? or is there a certain aptitude necessary for someone to harness it?
- had there been any instances of magic 'failing' prior to magerot (i.e. structures falling apart or people dying as a result of some screw up)?
- where and how exactly could the healer learn their trade if physical/scientific healing had been all but entirely phased out? could it be self-taught or is that unrealistic for the skill level we're both (probably) imagining?
- are there any big educational institutes, like a college/hub of knowledge in feyst?
- what sort of technological level are we looking at? classic medieval fantasy level?
what a quality meme!!!! (: i love it!! now onto the questions:
- magic can be taught in a variety of ways. most learn it through family/informally/through work, (though there are schools!) and most don't learn much. magic in feyst has a very low entry barrier, 90% of the sentient (and even a lot of the non sentient) population can do at least some magic. however, it is very difficult to master. easy to get in, very difficult to truly be good at it.

-no actually! magic was woven into the world by the gods of feyst, intertwined with the very integrity of the realm, so it was considered infallible up to this point.

-physical/traditional healing, to clarify, have been phased out in population centers/more developed regions of feyst. pockets of rural communities and isolated villages do practice some of the old ways, and there are some traditionalists who completely rely on the art of medicine/surgery to do their work, though that number is shrinking. (until magerot happened)

-animal companions are excellent. yes.

- yes (; elaboration will come in game, but if you would like your character to be educated/aspire to be educated, pm me.

- ugh no the middle ages suck. everyone in feyst knows basic hygiene (presdigitation is one of the more common cantrips people know) and like. there are airships, due process of law, no slavery, etc. there is biomagic (skin grafting, etc), high magic (that's how floating islands work), slightly steam punkian inventions (elevators, mechanical clocks, among other things ๐Ÿ˜). so no, def not medieval--high fantasy, not low fantasy! but many nations ARE ruled by a noble/highborn class (but some do have a parliament/romanesque senate, or other forms of ruling) but yknow...they pretty much all skedaddled behind the great Barrier, leaving a huge power vacuum that many people are trying (and some succeeding) to fill.

is the theme song particularly useful to you guys or is it kinda just for fun?
it's just for fun ^^ if you're having a hard time choosing one, it can be omitted from the cs! it's just to get a deeper vibe from ur character, but it's not especially important!

it's just for fun ^^ if you're having a hard time choosing one, it can be omitted from the cs! it's just to get a deeper vibe from ur character, but it's not especially important!
hhhh phew I have such a hard time with theme songs lol. My son is now up, but I guess awaiting moderator approval? must be the bbcode

hhhh phew I have such a hard time with theme songs lol. My son is now up, but I guess awaiting moderator approval? must be the bbcode
0bd.png

ahhhh so excited!! and yeah, when ur new to the site ur posts take a helluva lot of time to get thru...it'll ease up after 10 posts tho (: !!!

yep, as Faust said before. When i first joined I was legit random posting on forum games just to get my post count up lmao

I'm so anti-social lol, I don't have the energy to do anything more sociable than post in ooc
that's fair lol i didn't really talk in the forums either tbh, since I mostly use discord.

Okay, a mod must have swung by and approved. There he is.
EDIT: If I edit the post and it goes up for moderator approval does the entire post become invisible or is it just my edit that won't be there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back