• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (CLOSED) —INHERIT THE EARTH.

leviathan.

road shimmer, wiggling the vision
[div class=bgBefore] [div class=bg] [div class=wrapOuter] [div class=wrapInner] [div class=left] [div class=main] [/div] [div class=mainUnder] [div class=buttonWrap] [div class="buttonFirst" style="margin-left: 0;"][div class="button mainbutton selectButton"]
main#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button vesselbutton"]
vessel#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button historiabutton"]
historia#
[/div][/div] [div class=buttonFirst][div class="button notesbutton"]
notes#
[/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class="content maintab reveal"] [div class=scroll] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] there are wondrous things. [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/fe/9d/e0fe9d96495501579c515149fb4b6cb6.gif') repeat, url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rgdhmpnb362vh7n/Image.02.jpg') 20% 5% no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] Welcome to Feyst, a realm of strange magic and wonders that vastly outstrip our own—a place with heroes (debatable), monsters (a certainty), and mortal races plentiful and diverse (though some would have it otherwise).

The entire realm, from the dwarven mines in the Far North to the great floating isles of the Southern Reaches, runs on magic. It's as commonplace as air and the basics are effortlessly easy to learn—even the poorest kobold day-laborer has a cantrip or two under his belt. Feyst's societies practically run on it: human aqueducts, dwarven furnaces, even elven politics—and why wouldn't they? It's an endlessly renewable resource ripe for the taking: cheap and quick.

Except for when it isn't. [/div] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] there are
magical
things. [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] It starts when the gods stop talking.

It is almost imperceptible—the gods of Feyst are usually reticent, choosing to watch over the mortal realm from their own planes rather than interfere too heavily. But, sure enough, clerics and priests across the land notice the unusually empty silence that answers their prayers. Dubbed the Holy Silence, churches across the land gain power as desperate crowds turn to the faith in droves due to the strange absence that leaves even the highest clergy baffled. Already a realm with considerable civil and international unrest, tensions heighten as the Holy Silence stretches into six months, badgering at the fragile peace Feyst has kept for decades. The Silence only serves to heighten the already unfathomably large gap between the highborn and lowborn, as the rich and powerful slowly lose their Gods-fearing ways.

In addition, an Imperial Collective formed in response to the growing political turmoil across all the nations of Feyst. A loose alliance made up of several powerful monarchies (mostly men, elves, and dwarves) in Feyst, it dedicates its vast resources to suppressing commoner rebellions and riots in the allied nations and promote highborn interests, further disenfranchising the poor.

In the eighth month on what has come to be called the Silent Year, as commoner dissatisfaction and aristocratic entitlement reach a fever pitch, the first cases of magerot start appearing. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] there are dangerous things. [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] There's something rotten in Westerlain, the verdant region in the very heartlands of Feyst—people are losing their magic. At first, it starts with one or two cases among the slums, rare enough to be a fluke. But then it explodes, the infection suddenly spreading rapidly through the slums and into wealthier areas and ultimately to other nations with frightening speed, transmitted by unknown means.

An unknown curse, plague, or spell that appeared during the eighth month of the Silent Year, magerot is an affliction that does not discriminate, affecting any sentient creature with magical ability. Magerot is not deadly in the directest sense, but magically imbued races such as the elves, devils, and dwarves slowly lose more than just their spells. As magerot spreads like a wildfire, it takes lives as public infrastructure (run by magic) breaks down, hospitals go out of commission (natural shamans and doctors long replaced by magical clerics and healers), and all but the manually reinforced structures crumble into rubble (only the fabulously wealthy can afford the coin for manual labor, many buildings are held together by nothing more than novice spells and a prayer), among other things.

Faced with this fast-spreading plague, instead of rallying, the Imperial Collective (and anyone who could pay them enough) migrated to the Illederes, a series of floating islands above the Illederon Steppes and erected a Great Barrier, a powerful magical abjuration around the isles, creating a golden refuge for the rich and uninfected, leaving the rest of the realm to sort out the catastrophe by themselves. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] we get what
we deserve. [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] A year into these dark times, things have somewhat stabilized, though there are frequent riots in every town square with dark forces coming out of the woodwork to pull the strings, and resentment towards the Imperial Collective has almost simmered to a head.

A storm is coming, and it might take the realm of Feyst along with it.

But there is hope.

An apostate, a drunkard, a swindler, a hick and a fool all walk into a bar. All of them outcasts, all of them infected.

All of them desperate for a way out. Maybe just desperate enough to band together.

Maybe, just desperate enough to succeed together.

[div class=clickDiv]The apostate has a missing god's prophecy.[/div]
[div class=clickDiv1]The drunkard has the grace and brawn of days past.[/div]
[div class=clickDiv2]The swindler has tricks up their sleeve.[/div]
[div class=clickDiv3]The hick has a surgeon's hands and a sharp mind to suit.[/div]
[div class=clickDiv4]The fool? Well, the fool is not what they seem.[/div]
There's no punchline. It's not the beginning of a joke.

It's the start of a journey.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content vesseltab"] [div class=scroll] [div class="post" style="margin-bottom: 20px;"] [div class=postWrap] [div class="tile" style="margin: 0 5px;"] [div class=title] greetings & salutations! [/div] [/div] [div class="headerBase" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 7px 0 8px 10px; margin: 0 5px;"] hey guys, my name is faust (they/them)! this is my first time hosting an rp (with the amazing alabast alabast as my moral support whats up ray)!! INHERIT THE EARTH is a lovechild of all my fantastical guilty pleasures—d&d 5e (obviously), sorcery! by steve jackson, naddpod, stormlight archives (plus a little bit of fantasy high)—and i'm very excited to share it with you.

the story is about 5 unlikely heroes who go on a journey to find the lost city of El-Kaor, the legendary Citadel of the Gods to seek divine help to cure magerot and perhaps find out why the gods have gone quiet just when their people needed them the most—all while a catastrophic war is brewing on the horizon and certain powers that be scheme to stop them at any cost.

i'm anxious to get started but before we get down to it, there are some ground rules you need to know. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] laws of the land. [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/67/d9/c6/67d9c675ceaa1a73bb8a2e3a812f8630.jpg') repeat, url('') left top no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] [rule 01] — GM's word is law, as always.

[rule 02]not first come first serve. i will be admitting characters that i feel will be the best fit for this rp.

[rule 03] — there will be a discord ooc along with one on-site! the invite will be pmed to you along with a little ic message upon acceptance.

[rule 04] — 1-2 paragraphs minimum, but this is highly fluid. one liners are highly discouraged, but allowed when the situation calls for it. i'm a firm believer in quality over quantity, though i'd love if you tend to write more. literacy is a must. i'm not looking for the best writers, but i am looking for consistent ones that spell stuff right. occasional errors are fine, but constant ones are frowned upon—grammarly accounts are free, and so is spell check.

[rule 05] — despite all the anonymity, emotional distance, and leeway the internet provides, i expect my players to act like civil human beings. anything else will result in an instant ban. let's all be reasonable, capisci? RPN rules apply.

[rule 06] — my GMing style is proactive and very involved in the style of D&D, which is why i'm not taking a player role of my own! expect npcs, pace control, and lots of plot on my part (hopefully)! and as little railroading as possible, but you know, sometimes it can't be helped :p

[rule prime] — i am not interested in running a rp that dies after a few weeks. players are required to be active & post often—at least two posts a week. obviously, there are circumstances where this can be flexible, but you are required to notify me in advance! if you do become inactive without prior notice, you will be given a 3-day warning before your oc gets killed off or made a npc. to that end, GM's updates are scheduled every saturday with possible minor scene/npc posts in between !!

[any questions?] — PM me, post in the thread, conduct a blood ritual to connect our minds, etc. & i'll try to answer the best i can! [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content historiatab"] [div class=scroll] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] dramatis personae. [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('') repeat, url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b4/11/51/b41151b811f8b3c29e5f65973b7356d8.jpg') center no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] every story has its heroes, and these are the ones for ours! these roles have been designed with motives in place so the characters can mesh well together with each other and the plot. however, character discussion and development with the GM (me!) is highly encouraged. my pms are always open!

taken by alabast alabast ! — ❝ the priest. ❞
a holy magus from inside the Great Barrier, the priest is a well-intentioned, if rather sanctimonious, worshipper of ____. while spending an afternoon in prayer within the security of the Illederon Keep, the priest received a prophecy a year and eight months into the Holy Silence that compelled them to go with four other heroes on a quest for the lost city of El-Kaor to cure the common peoples of the accursed magerot. met with skeptical disbelief and outright denial from their fellow worshippers, the naïve priest left on their journey to the city in disgrace, ignorant of how their actions are rousing the scrutiny of...certain powers that be. recently, they've been staying in a seedy inn in Waterdeep, a waystation for middling adventurers and disheveled wanderers in the vain hope to find the rest of the prophesied five. they haven't had much luck, but that all changes when...

open!— ❝ the warrior. ❞
the warrior, once a disillusioned member of the gilded guard who protected the nobles from inside the Great Barrier, was kicked out to live on the streets after they started losing their magic. having lost everything, including their family, who they abandoned in favor for the luxurious life of protecting the aristocracy, they spend their days as a drunken vagabond until…

open! — ❝ the warlock. ❞
a two-bit scoundrel who used to rely on the gifts of their patron to steal, kill, and live life to the fullest. when their otherworldly connection stopped functioning, the warlock’s life quickly turned for the worse as they are forced to go on the run as past enemies and jilted lovers resurface and come to bite them in the ass.

open! — ❝ the healer. ❞
hailing from a small village out in the glades, the healer was a scientist first and foremost, part of the precious few that clung to the more traditional, non-magical methods of the medicinal arts, preferring surgery rather than healing invocations, salves rather than potions. when their hometown was hit hard by magerot plague, they went on a journey to gather samples and ingredients to study and synthesize a cure, determined to find any way to cure their folks at home.

open! — ❝ the bard. ❞
a traveling songster from a far away land, the bard is aghast to find themselves magicless after a week’s stay in Westerlain. unfortunately, as their remote homeland can only be reached by use of their innate racial magic, the bard is left stranded with only their wits and artistic talent to rely on. determined to get their magic back, the bard travels across the land performing, hoping to amass enough wealth to buy their way to a cure. [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content notestab"] [div class=scroll] [div class=post] [div class=postWrap] [div class=tile] [div class=title] wayfinder. [/div] [/div] [div class=headerBase] [div class="image" style="background: url('') repeat, url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/64/5f/74/645f7437335d1508b2c4e9632f158ded.jpg') right top no-repeat;"] [/div] [/div] [/div] extras.

[1] the loremaster's files

[2] character application thread

[3] main thread

[4] soundtrack

[5] art credit, 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
hidden scroll — code by nano
[/div] [/div] [class=bgBefore] background-color: #dac9a6; [/class] [class=bg] padding: 5% 0 calc(5% - 20px); width: 100%; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jk2ea2mvose6qd8/texture.01.gloss.png') repeat-x, url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g6p88b8jukoahn5/texture.02.BG.png') repeat; background-size: 20px 100%, 128px 128px; font-size: initial; [/class] [class=wrapOuter] margin: 0 auto; width: 90%; max-width: 1300px; min-width: 300px; [/class] [class=wrapInner] margin: 0 -10px; width: calc(100% + 20px); max-width: 1300px; min-width: 300px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; [/class] [class=left] margin: 0 10px 20px; flex: 1 1 300px; max-width: 800px; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; min-height: 300px; [/class] [class=main] width: 100%; height: calc(75vh - 30px); max-height: calc(700px - 30px); min-height: calc(300px - 30px); background: url('https://i.imgur.com/8DHlodC.png') top left no-repeat; [/class] [class=mainUnder] width: 100%; height: 30px; background: #de735b url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0y672c8rxd521y6/texture.04.tilev3.png') repeat; [/class] [class=buttonWrap] position: relative; margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; max-width: 198px; height: 0; [/class] [class=buttonFirst] display: inline-block; position: relative; margin-top: -21px; margin-left: 10px; width: 38px; height: 42px; [/class] [class=button] position: absolute; margin: 6px 0px 0px 6px; width: 20px; height: 20px; border: 5px solid #f3ecde; background: #de735b url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g6p88b8jukoahn5/texture.02.BG.png'); transform: rotate(45deg); color: transparent; font-size: 1px; line-height: 0; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=right] position: relative; margin: 0 10px 20px; flex: 20 1 500px; max-width: 1000px; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; min-height: 300px; [/class] [class=content] position: absolute; pointer-events: none; height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: hidden; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .75s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=scroll] padding-right: 100px; width: 100%; height: 75vh; max-height: 700px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; [/class] [class=post] padding: 5%; width: 90%; background: #f3ecde url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e0jzbzym83cbgl3/texture.03.content.png') repeat; font-family: Book Antiqua; color: #554236; font-size: 1em; line-height: 130%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=postWrap] margin: 0 -5px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; width: calc(100% + 10px); [/class] [class=tile] margin: 0 5px 20px; flex: 1 1 200px; display: flex; align-items: center; background: #554236 url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0y672c8rxd521y6/texture.04.tilev3.png') repeat; [/class] [class=title] width: 100%; color: #ffffff; font-size: 2.5em; line-height: 100%; font-family: Abril Fatface; text-align: center; [/class] [class=headerBase] margin: 0 5px 20px; flex: 30 1 200px; max-width: 765px; border-left: 15px solid #de735b; [/class] [class=image] width: 100%; height: 80vh; max-height: 400px; background: url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c65l5lvhu76dkmx/texture.05.image.png') repeat, url('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rgdhmpnb362vh7n/Image.02.jpg') 20% 5% no-repeat; [/class] [class=basics] display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; margin: 0 3% 16px; padding-left: 5px; border-left: 2px solid #554236; width: calc(90% - 7x); font-size: .9em; line-height: 110%; text-align: left; font-style: italic; [/class] [class=basicsInfo] flex: 1 1 150px; max-width: 375px; [/class] [class=hoverButton] background-color: #554236; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=selectButton] background-color: #554236; transition: background-color .5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=reveal] pointer-events: auto; opacity: 1; transition: opacity .75s ease-in-out .75s; [/class] [script class="button" version=2] (= select "main") [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=mouseenter] (removeClass "hoverButton" "button") (= hover (index (split (getText) "#") 0 )) (addClass "hoverButton" (+ hover "button")) [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=mouseleave] (removeClass "hoverButton" "button") [/script] [script class="button" version=2 on=click] (removeClass "reveal" "content") (removeClass "selectButton" "button") (= select (index (split (getText) "#") 0 )) (addClass "selectButton" (+ select "button")) (addClass "reveal" (+ select "tab")) [/script] [script class=clickDiva on=mouseenter] setText "A priest, a warrior, a warlock, a healer and a bard all walk into a bar." [/script] [script class=clickDiva on=mouseleave] setText "An apostate, a drunkard, a swindler, a hick and a fool all walk into a bar." [/script] [script class=clickDiv on=mouseenter] setText "The priest has a missing god's prophecy." [/script] [script class=clickDiv on=mouseleave] setText "The apostate has a missing god's prophecy." [/script] [script class=clickDiv1 on=mouseenter] setText "The warrior has the grace and brawn of days past." [/script] [script class=clickDiv1 on=mouseleave] setText "The drunkard has the grace and brawn of days past." [/script] [script class=clickDiv2 on=mouseenter] setText "The warlock has tricks up their sleeve." [/script] [script class=clickDiv2 on=mouseleave] setText "The swindler has tricks up their sleeve." [/script] [script class=clickDiv3 on=mouseenter] setText "The healer has a surgeon's hands and a sharp mind to suit." [/script] [script class=clickDiv3 on=mouseleave] setText "The hick has a surgeon's hands and a sharp mind to suit." [/script] [script class=clickDiv4 on=mouseenter] setText "The bard? Well, the bard is not what they seem." [/script] [script class=clickDiv4 on=mouseleave] setText "The fool? Well, the fool is not what they seem." [/script]

Last edited:
Ayama Ayama
I'm glad to hear you're interested!

OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
And yes, as Ayama said above, this is a regular rp. We are using some elements of dnd (such as the races, gods, and perhaps certain settings such as Waterdeep), but the general world is different.

I'm excited to try out for any of the remaining character roles :) Please tag me when applications open..

Wash Wash
Hi! We're glad to hear your interest and see your application! The cs will be up once more interest is shown around this thread :')

Thanks! Junji Ito is my jam.
And so is high fantasy. I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across one with a fleshed out setting AND unique plot! It makes me super excited! ^_^

morning bump! so glad we got more interest during the night!! (well, my night anyway. est kid here!!)

swamp fairy swamp fairy
we're just getting some code ready for the cs- the ooc will be up sometime today though. Apologies for the wait :')

shapeshifting shapeshifting gouache gouache
glad to hear you're interested!

in general, thanks for everyone whos shown interest so far <3 it's a great thing to wake up to, haha

By the way, are the character roles first come, first serve, or are we sending in applications? Also, is there room for more characters of different roles, or were you guys set on just the ones that were listed?

swamp fairy swamp fairy
There are applications- character sheets will be posted on the cs, and the ones selected will be announced on a tbd deadline. If you have an idea for a role you think would work (or any questions in general) feel free to dm faust/leviathanthekid about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back