• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC — INHERIT THE EARTH.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
i've honestly done nothing like this before but I do love the concept, world building, and detail you both put into this! so of course.. I want a part of your journey!!
but I also love to learn about new things and throw my oc's into things that is beyond their control! that is also extremely fun!

I get off work in a couple hours and will have some time to write out a fairly thorough character proposal... I think a bard would have ample material for tales and poetry, but much like in reality right now, limited ability to perform if people are cautious of groups for fear of catching the rot. Very intrigued! Looking forward to that paragraph :)

gouache gouache
lmao dw i put in no details this is all faust and their brilliancy oifdjadsf Im just here for emotional support/hurting. BUT!! super excited to hear what you got man!

swamp fairy swamp fairy
sounds like a plan >;o

sdks sdks
ooo yeah, definitely! I hope you'll fine something in the lore you'll get to work with on your chara.

sdks sdks tl;dr yes and no.

while there are some who do not practice magic because they cannot or chose not to because of ethical, religious, or other reasons, the idea of magic as it is is virtually known to all the peoples of Feyst, even the isolated communities.

however, knowledge of magerot is a little less ubiquitous. although there are cases in nearly every populated nation in feyst and pretty much every small settlement, select nomadic/isolationist groups such as the orcish clans who roam the arid plains or extremely reclusive monastic orders, have no idea what it is and are extremely unlikely to get infected.

although i will say magerot’s means of transmission hasn’t yet been determined, proximity is a definite determining factor in getting infected.

( a more comprehensive explanation of magerot is going to be posted along with the cs thread when it is up, so don’t worry about taking notes on that though lol ^^ )

as for how information travels through the land: that is quite complicated, and there are numerous ways that that can happen—sending spells, traditional messages, information brokers, word of mouth, etc. so i can’t really give u an extensive answer on that. but pertaining to magerot’s rise into the public knowledge, it was a combination of everything: rumors, gossip, national decrees, etc. all contributed to the dissemination of information.

i hope i answered most of it? feel free to ask me to clarify tho!

oh and almost forgot @ everyone developing their characters, remember to closely read each role's suggested motivations!! you can make up your own, but please take a gander to use them as a guideline as to what a strong motive would look like.

i've been in too many an adventuring party where there was no motive for them to work together so im tryna not let that happen here either wink wonk

I get off work in a couple hours and will have some time to write out a fairly thorough character proposal... I think a bard would have ample material for tales and poetry, but much like in reality right now, limited ability to perform if people are cautious of groups for fear of catching the rot. Very intrigued! Looking forward to that paragraph :)
tumblr_inline_p0rvf1uOe11thvcp8_540.png

oh yeah btw faust, what do you want me to put for birthplace lmao? i have legit no clue of any cities in feyst

alabast alabast rayray u can either a) make it up and get my approval b) tell me what u have in mind and i'll make it up c) use a random dnd 5e destination!

although feyst is pretty meticulously developed plot and arc-wise, i'm always open to collaboration and the weaving of new lore.
that goes for everyone here. (: pms are open so y'all can discuss your hometowns with me.

orrrr you can wait until the loremaster's files thread is up and pick a town from thereee...!! so many options! i like to keep it loose!

gouache gouache i feel like that could be the bard or the warrior role: the warrior is already a sad drunk prior to the adventure and the bard can b a lil silly

entirely new roles are currently not on the table until applications have been posted for all the premade roles and i feel like i could take on another player. which might not happen! i'm a first time GM and i wanna keep it light. but who knows?

i shall put this up in the psas also!

I... I was about to ask where all this information was and I realized the code has more pages. :closedeyescryingfrown:

alabast alabast rayray u can either a) make it up and get my approval b) tell me what u have in mind and i'll make it up c) use a random dnd 5e destination!

although feyst is pretty meticulously developed plot and arc-wise, i'm always open to collaboration and the weaving of new lore.
that goes for everyone here. (: pms are open so y'all can discuss your hometowns with me.

orrrr you can wait until the loremaster's files thread is up and pick a town from thereee...!! so many options! i like to keep it loose!

gouache gouache i feel like that could be the bard or the warrior role: the warrior is already a sad drunk prior to the adventure and the bard can b a lil silly

entirely new roles are currently not on the table until applications have been posted for all the premade roles and i feel like i could take on another player. which might not happen! i'm a first time GM and i wanna keep it light. but who knows?

i shall put this up in the psas also!

NO NO I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE VILLAGE IDIOT LMAO KJDFHKJHDG but yes I will most likely choose the silly bard

I... I was about to ask where all this information was and I realized the code has more pages. :closedeyescryingfrown:
AW I'M SO SORRY U MUST HAVE BEEN SO CONFUSED D:

NO NO I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE VILLAGE IDIOT LMAO KJDFHKJHDG but yes I will most likely choose the silly bard
OOP my bad! but village idiot is a real good trope i use it a ton lmao 👀 also looking forward to ur app brah!

SIDfj open to options, or indecisive 🤔
stop undermining my authority dummy

also will there be a character sheet given to us for reference for the apps? I'm assuming so- but just a dumb little cute silly question from me!!!!

Shit, lmao. Okay, this kind of changes the character a bit but it's okay. I have one that fits.
Err... what kind of patron are we talking about here though?
i'm open to changes within reason, dw too much bout that! and by patron, the otherworldly being that the warlock made a pact w to get their magic!
you can take one from dnd 5e or make up ur own (pending approval!). here's a helpful primer on the warlock class if you want it: Warlock

dragonsfire dragonsfire
i like the way you think >;o
great weather indeed 👍 it's good weather where i live rtn, actually. Usually it's pretty rainy but it's been sunny all of last week :'D

gouache gouache
Yep! once the cs thread is up, a template will be provided.

swamp fairy swamp fairy
feel free to use dnd guides for warlocks if you need ideas for patrons! ex. Feys, fiends, hexblade (literally a magic weapon lmao) etc.

I thought you wanted political tension

I was pronouncing "magerot" in my head with a French accent and I just now realized it's MAGE ROT. Not majeroh. Fuck me.

Dude, I didn't even realize until I read this. I've been practising those throaty sounds for nothing. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back