• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy On Treacherous Tides & Whirling Winds

ooo, i love me some pirates.

i'll get looking through the lore when i'm not half-asleep ++ hopefully get a cs up tomorrow.

LAST CALL MATEYS! All aboard if interested as named slots are nearly entirely filled and we'll be setting sail soon!

PIRATES WANTED. Wait, that reads like a bounty...
HIRING PIRATES!

I'd be interested very much. Had a couple o' pirate characters, and I think I'd like to transfer them. Say, boatswain open? Or a sort of a contractor for the lack of better word?

I'd be interested very much. Had a couple o' pirate characters, and I think I'd like to transfer them. Say, boatswain open? Or a sort of a contractor for the lack of better word?
The quartermaster is basically the boatswain. Right now the only named slot left open is another surgeon, or general crew, but being general crew doesn't mean he can't specialize... and there are holes in the ship! He is needed! -hold out contract-

As a person who knows a fuckton about ships from personal experience, I highly disagree with this statement XDDD
Lol, my husband worked on ships (might end up having to go back to a ship eventually too for work), HOWEVER. Pirates don't use the same things the same way. Modern professions/ranks aren't what pirates used, lol. I also didn't include the role of powder monkey for various reasons, or a gunner, etc. Basically after some deep dive research I decided for RP the Quartermaster would be a combination job.

That's why I did not refer specifically to modern jobs, but 13-16 century ones ;)
Ah, too bad. I don't think just a general crew job would fit the guy I had in mind, unfortunately.
Lol, like I said they can specialize, they just wouldn't have a named role for it.

Yes yes and yes please
-holds out contract-

I'm confused, as it kind of looks "you can be [the thing], but you cannot be [the thing], because it's a part of another guy's job".
I'm saying he can do the work, he just wouldn't get a named role. Though honestly if you really really really really really really really -breathe- wanted it I could just make a named role for it. Tell Noble Scion Noble Scion her PC doesn't have to do two jobs, lol.

I'm saying he can do the work, he just wouldn't get a named role. Though honestly if you really really really really really really really -breathe- wanted it I could just make a named role for it. Tell @Noble Scion her PC doesn't have to do two jobs, lol.
Nah, I wouldn't want to take away from their character who was established far before mine.
Just a price I have to pay for being late to the party, and wanting to RP a very specific dude who'd not stick in privateers for various reasons.

Maybe I'll come up with someone else instead.

Nah, I wouldn't want to take away from their character who was established far before mine.
Just a price I have to pay for being late to the party, and wanting to RP a very specific dude who'd not stick in privateers for various reasons.

Up to you, offer is there though.

I really don't mind if you want to split the role up. If it makes it more fun for you, I'm all for it x3

Rethought some things... navigation taken too? <--genuinely lost the role link
Yup, the only open named role is Surgeon right now. You can use the tabs at the top of the thread to see the character stuff.

Oh, I just referred to the message that said "nearly filled".

Well, shit, I just don't fit do I? XD
JUST TAKE THE DAMN OFFER, lol! We're ALL FINE with adding you as a Bosun -drags you even if you're unwilling dammit cause it aint that big o' a deal- XD

JUST TAKE THE DAMN OFFER, lol! We're ALL FINE with adding you as a Bosun -drags you even if you're unwilling dammit cause it aint that big o' a deal- XD
Mate, this is really uncomfortable. First come first served, after all. The fact I'm late, and want to transfer a very specific person into this is entirely my fault, and it's not fair to take away from another player who was here first :C especially if the role barely fits what I had in mind, and makes me wonder if I can deliver it properly.
I want to join, i really do, being very passionate about all things marine - hell I didn't sail for six years now and I fucking miss it to the point of depression almost so don't think I'mnoping out for the lack of interest - but I do have a certain sense of... idk, justice maybe? It's really not right in regards to Scion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back