• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OLD THREAD]Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP) - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kabochamp Kabochamp Just wondering if you know it’s your turn to reply with Cassia and Amelia? I’m not trying to rush you of course! Take your time if you need it! Its just that I noticed that you are still checking the thread and stuff haha was just making sure :)
I know! I keep starting my post and then something comes up! I'll have my post up soon :D

I know! I keep starting my post and then something comes up! I'll have my post up soon :D
That's fine! Was just checking because I know I have a habit of that myself haha especially if I have the page open so the alert counts as read as soon as it reloads. :'D I'll reply soon! You might need to edit your post though since it's Max's stall that has all the sweet stuff :)

That's fine! Was just checking because I know I have a habit of that myself haha especially if I have the page open so the alert counts as read as soon as it reloads. :'D I'll reply soon! You might need to edit your post though since it's Max's stall that has all the sweet stuff :)
I look forward to it! And dang! I thought it might be Dx I'll change it up now!

So I'm just spitballing here since I haven't played a HM-style game in a while but I've got a few ideas for characters that I'd just like to throw out there.

• An adventurer who uses their whole adventuring shtick to handle overtly aggressive tendencies that keep them from socializing well.

• A pair of quirky researchers from a big company in the city who've come to Kore as an unofficial branch of the corporation, often testing the area/wildlife or posting requests for the Adventurers guild. Though they still maintain a bit of harshness from their time working at the head office, both find different things about the quiet town appealing.

• An aimless drifter whose wanderings have brought them to Kore in search of new meaning.

• A rich family whose come to Kore as a getaway from the City, but has difficulty adapting to village-life.

• And finally an oddball trader who starts using Kore as a place to stock up on wares before continuing on their journey, eventually stopping by so much that they decide to set up a home there as well to streamline the resupply process. Though a melting pot of odd practices and traditions collected from their journey, this Trader often has odd wares from distant places that never fail to draw the eye.

Just want some feedback before picking one to roll with. I'm probably capable of pulling off more than one at the same time but I don't want to set anything in concrete until I gauge reactions.

So I'm just spitballing here since I haven't played a HM-style game in a while but I've got a few ideas for characters that I'd just like to throw out there.

• An adventurer who uses their whole adventuring shtick to handle overtly aggressive tendencies that keep them from socializing well.

• A pair of quirky researchers from a big company in the city who've come to Kore as an unofficial branch of the corporation, often testing the area/wildlife or posting requests for the Adventurers guild. Though they still maintain a bit of harshness from their time working at the head office, both find different things about the quiet town appealing.

• An aimless drifter whose wanderings have brought them to Kore in search of new meaning.

• A rich family whose come to Kore as a getaway from the City, but has difficulty adapting to village-life.

• And finally an oddball trader who starts using Kore as a place to stock up on wares before continuing on their journey, eventually stopping by so much that they decide to set up a home there as well to streamline the resupply process. Though a melting pot of odd practices and traditions collected from their journey, this Trader often has odd wares from distant places that never fail to draw the eye.

Just want some feedback before picking one to roll with. I'm probably capable of pulling off more than one at the same time but I don't want to set anything in concrete until I gauge reactions.
All your ideas are interesting, since you were asking for feedback here are my views:
  • Haha, I think this one will be the most fun for me personally considering my character is an adventurer. Would be fun seeing him try to contain your characters aggressiveness if you do choose this one.
  • That's a cute idea, would be interesting seeing the technology they bring mix with the simple life at the village. Might be interesting seeing some conflict between the noisiness of technology and the peacefulness the village is known for.
  • Quite a vague one, not sure what you would plan with this character.
  • Think this one would be a lot of fun as well, a lot of room for exaggeration and comedy. *pays 500 gold coins for a single loaf of bread*
  • This reminds me heavily of the Masked Salesman from My Time at Portia, if you've played that. Wouldn't mind it honestly, would probably be fun to roleplay with. Don't empty our savings though plz xP
AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat On a seperate note, I believe it is your turn to post for our little trio. If you are busy or won't be able to post soon that's fine, no worries, just let me know so I could perhaps get Rein to move on :>

All your ideas are interesting, since you were asking for feedback here are my views:
  • Haha, I think this one will be the most fun for me personally considering my character is an adventurer. Would be fun seeing him try to contain your characters aggressiveness if you do choose this one.
  • That's a cute idea, would be interesting seeing the technology they bring mix with the simple life at the village. Might be interesting seeing some conflict between the noisiness of technology and the peacefulness the village is known for.
  • Quite a vague one, not sure what you would plan with this character.
  • Think this one would be a lot of fun as well, a lot of room for exaggeration and comedy. *pays 500 gold coins for a single loaf of bread*
  • This reminds me heavily of the Masked Salesman from My Time at Portia, if you've played that. Wouldn't mind it honestly, would probably be fun to roleplay with. Don't empty our savings though plz xP
AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat On a seperate note, I believe it is your turn to post for our little trio. If you are busy or won't be able to post soon that's fine, no worries, just let me know so I could perhaps get Rein to move on :>
GrieveWriter GrieveWriter they all seem fun, flip a five headed coin to see what wins.

Given the reactions so far, I think I'm just gonna try and mash all the concepts into two or three characters and roll with that instead of trying to play eight at once.

Given the reactions so far, I think I'm just gonna try and mash all the concepts into two or three characters and roll with that instead of trying to play eight at once.
Yeah trying to manage 8 seems like hell of a lot of work haha. All the ideas sound really good by the way! :D

Either of us could go I guess, but I will be busy tomorrow so I do not want to leave you waiting.
That’s okay I can reply first, I was thinking of moving Samuel off anyways since explosiveKitten has no one to interact with and drew is floating around his stall. That and Amelia and Cassia are making their way to Max’s stall too so if I get them moved over there you’ll have more to reply to once you aren’t busy :)

Awesome! Now all I have to do is read every post up to this point and somehow insert myself in the town! XD
Haha I'm sure your character will fit in just fine :) I look forward to your post!

Also I've now updated the info page if you want to have a peek at other events for the year :)

Apologies if I barged in unannounced, but what is this roleplay about? I never saw the interest check.
Welcome! It’s a pretty lax rp that focuses on character development and relationships mostly, like the non farming parts of the harvest moon games? I’ll link you to the interest check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back