• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy of seas and sovereigns - low fantasy political drama

macrombie

redemption
OF SEAS AND SOVEREIGNS
People are willing to do whatever it takes for authority, riches, and glory. This is as true behind the elaborate curtains of Tarq's Pearlspire Citadel as it is anywhere else in the world. With the King's rule over Vysha being established so suddenly and his claim so fragile, power seems that much easier to reach. The palace holds lot of people and many rival factions. So within the walls of the looming towers, many secrets are abound that could change the histories written by the learned men. The true question is... What are you looking for? Do you want to bring honor to your Great and Noble House by serving on the council? Are you a zealous Cardinal looking to persuade the King? Or are you just a middleman stuck in the chaos of it all? And truly, the most important of the questions - are you willing to make a mark on history?

This is a political drama type story, you are free to decide your character for yourself after chatting about it with me for a little, longer post lengths preferred, posting speed can be a bit slower. I will also write for some NPCs and important plot scenes possibly. (I'll probably code something for this later too)

Write below if interested, maybe including a character idea. I think after a group of 5-8 is collected the search shall be closed.

Mostly this is an excuse to write creatively and for myself, as recently academics have taken over my life and I'm very tired of essay work.

Personally, I want to mainly play a Lady-in-Waiting - and generally would like for this to be slightly informal with things most logistical moments more improvised on the go, with character depth to taking precedence over everything else. Plot points and reactions should be discussed a bit ahead of time too, so conflict can be avoided. The themes are to be more realistic and mature, slight magical elements can be allowed however, but are to be decided by the whole group.

pls join </3

Tarq is the largest city on the Vysha island continent, along with being the biggest trading hub and the foremost seat of power. The continent itself is split up into several regions, five or six depending on who you ask.

The main religion in the world is a polytheistic one, with different patron gods for different aspects of life. In Tarq however, a city so swayed by the Great Ocean, the one God above the others is Dengiz, the Settler of Sea and according to the histories, the first to step foot on the island continent. He has a Temple in the middle of the city, and many worship him. There are also other religions brought from other places, including the Sky Serpent and the Woman of the Reef.

The Tarq Pearlshore is known for being a merchant's paradise. Surrounding what used to be pale sand there are docked schooners, brigs and other trading ships, in the most well known port in the World. Further off there is a the Vysha Royal Navy, lead by the Lord of Seas and Storms.

The current House on the Throne is Worren, their King, his Majesty Edmond the Daring having taken the place of the Queen Celice of Laerym. The Laerym's have ruled over Vysha for centuries, and their emblem of a teardrop shaped pearl resting in a shell is almost ubiquitous with the City of Tarq itself.

The worldbuilding and lore can always be expanded on with input from players! C:

Last edited:
I love this sort of thing. Playing a Lady or Lord sounds lit, so I'll just linger here to see if anyone else comes along. :3

Heyo, returning to RPnation after years and years only because I'm starving for some high nobility action, Sign me UP pardner!!!!!
Really want to write a young king who exhibits a great deal of grace.

Chompin at the bit !!!!!!
PS- What period is this taking place in? (I vote for either medieval- arthurian style what with the chivalry; or enlightenment)

Last edited:
This sounds delightful! I was thinking of a court entertainer, like a bard, who has a tendency to spread chaos wherever she goes because mischief is her dearest lady love.

This sounds delightful! I was thinking of a court entertainer, like a bard, who has a tendency to spread chaos wherever she goes because mischief is her dearest lady love.
Love this. I once heard the phrase "Show me the grace of a natural king" a few years ago and ever since then I was like "ok I need to build my castle on that"

Love this. I once heard the phrase "Show me the grace of a natural king" a few years ago and ever since then I was like "ok I need to build my castle on that"
Ooh, nice! I do love elegant royalty. I'm thinking like a spritely bard who lives by the saying, 'Why let the truth get in the way of a good story'. And she is constantly on the move because husbands tend to take exception to how sweetly she talks to their wives.

Ooh, nice! I do love elegant royalty. I'm thinking like a spritely bard who lives by the saying, 'Why let the truth get in the way of a good story'. And she is constantly on the move because husbands tend to take exception to how sweetly she talks to their wives.
Simply a little fellow. Jangling her merry bells. <3

I want to write a character with a lot of Unquestioned Authority, might have a "I AM the State!" moment. There is no difference between him (the man) and him (the king), simply Him capital H.

Ah... I now also want to play a squire of some sort...... rly hope this rp comes through,

Hawkish cousin looking to rapidly expand his influence and territory? 👀

Interested in this. As for a character idea, I'm thinking of a scholarly, influential advisor to the royal family, with an agenda of his/her own.

Hi, everyone! Glad to see that people are interested in this C:<

If everyone who replied is willing to play, we can start during the week - I'm on break from college rn thanks to winter break so I'll try my best to progress on making the threads!

Let's talk more about character relationships in a bit, also would love any and all contributions to the worldbuilding and plot

I love this sort of thing. Playing a Lady or Lord sounds lit, so I'll just linger here to see if anyone else comes along. :3

Happy to hear that C:

Question! Will this be a realistic or anime fc?

I think anything that fits the aesthetic of the character will do

Heyo, returning to RPnation after years and years only because I'm starving for some high nobility action, Sign me UP pardner!!!!!
Really want to write a young king who exhibits a great deal of grace.

Chompin at the bit !!!!!!
PS- What period is this taking place in? (I vote for either medieval- arthurian style what with the chivalry; or enlightenment)

I think its about Age of Sail, but this is a fantasy world so there is room to play if anyone wants to

Love that idea!!! Bards are a great addition for spice

Ah... I now also want to play a squire of some sort...... rly hope this rp comes through,

A squire would be great! Especially if we can find a knight for you

Hawkish cousin looking to rapidly expand his influence and territory? 👀

Great! Would love to see some interhouse conflict

Interested in this. As for a character idea, I'm thinking of a scholarly, influential advisor to the royal family, with an agenda of his/her own.

Also great! Scholars are very important - what do you think about being part of a larger university/guild type thing?

Last edited:
There are some roles I would love to see filled out - such as the king or the queen - if anyone feels up for it

(also updated the bbcode)

Last edited:
I'd be up for playing the King! Have an idea for it that I think'd be pretty interesting to play.

I'd be interested in playing the Chancellor/Steward/Chief Minister or whatever the title this polity will use, It's always a nice counterbalance to regal authority.

If nobody else shows interest I could play a Quiet, regal young Queen whose family are well aware of how disastrous things could turn out if the new king doesn't prove himself, and is therefore offered up in order to 'Aid' him during such tumultuous times.

But if a better Queen shows up I could easily switch over to a well-renowned Knight who hides his true talents under an immense display of ego and physical prowess.

This is so up my ally! I could play a queen but I would love to play a blacksmith who becomes like an executioner/ torturer working for a sovereign :3 I like to play the cold spicy types lol

Alright! Loving all of these ideas - I'm going to open up the threads sometime today and send a link, along with a discord for OOC

Here are links to the character sheet page and the discord ooc!

Hi, would be interested in this. Am thinking of a grizzled veteran/war hero from a previous conflict, but hailing from the lower nobility with their lands and manor in disrepair due to the speculative practices of a now deceased father. This leaves this character with a great deal of debt and little choice but to meddle in court intrigue, trying to find a way to keep their house afloat and maybe serve Vysha once again.

My first thought is of a very shrewd merchant in dealings with the crown (loans and shipping etc.)
After reading about house Laerym I really love the idea of said merchant being a lost, disguised descendant with the eventual goal of returning his house to power, biding time for their reveal.
Let me know what you think.

My first thought is of a very shrewd merchant in dealings with the crown (loans and shipping etc.)
After reading about house Laerym I really love the idea of said merchant being a lost, disguised descendant with the eventual goal of returning his house to power, biding time for their reveal.
Let me know what you think.
Sounds interesting!
Feel free to join the discord server

Intrigued!

I'm thinking of maybe the King's younger sister, the popular and lighthearted princess- She seems sweet and harmless enough, but who know what schemes she's cooking up behind that innocent smile? If the King and Queen don't have their own children yet, she would be heir to the throne so maybe there is competition/beef (either real or played up for court drama) between her and the Queen.

Is there a limit to how many characters we can create? I might also thrown in a knight or ambitious young lord who's looking to make himself useful to the crown.

Intrigued!

I'm thinking of maybe the King's younger sister, the popular and lighthearted princess- She seems sweet and harmless enough, but who know what schemes she's cooking up behind that innocent smile? If the King and Queen don't have their own children yet, she would be heir to the throne so maybe there is competition/beef (either real or played up for court drama) between her and the Queen.

Is there a limit to how many characters we can create? I might also thrown in a knight or ambitious young lord who's looking to make himself useful to the crown.
i think for now, one character per person, but if we play long enough, maybe more! i want there to be an arc with delegates from other continents, empires and kingdoms

join the discord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back