• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Of Black Waters - A Witcher 3 inspired, dark fantasy RP (Accepting)

BasiliskVeranda

80s Trash
[class=biggie] width: 100%; max-width:1200px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #fff; font-weight:100; background: #000 [/class] [class=whut] background: #000;[/class] [class=handsomedevil] background: #262626; text-align: left; width:32%; float:left; color: #140033; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speakeasy] letter-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px; border-bottom: solid 10px #47302e; font-size:14px; background: #262626; padding:10px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #fff; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speaks] color: #fff; padding:15px; text-align: left; float:right; width:65%; background: #262626; font-size:14px; line-height:1.4; letter-spacing:1px; padding:20px; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=whut maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 0px; width:97%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=speakeasy maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box;[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]

"Men weren't meant to tame fire, wield water, and buckle earth. Men weren't meant to rend weapons that befit ancient things. Men weren't meant to talk to folk that were not folk, but dreams and nightmares..."

[/div]

[div class=handsomedevil]

b5bbf8fd74e1cc9bd89aa7533dbefdc8.jpg

[div class=speakeasy]TITLE:xxxx
OF BLACK WATERS

INSPIRED BY:xxxx
THE WITCHER UNIVERSE, GRIMM'S FAIRY TALES, A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, GRIMDARK FANTASY

GENRE TAGS:xxxx
fantasy, grimdark, high-fantasy, war, politics

NEEDS:xxxx
(We're going for even numbers here)

Accepting/Taking Char Sheets

BGM:xxxx
FEVER RAY - IF I HAD A HEART

GET STARTED:xxxx
IC Thread/Game Info

[/div][/div][div class=speaks]
I wish to express in this letter one simple declaration: we are fools. We are fools, and we are sorry.

As I write this, I know I am the next to fall.

Deep within the mines off of the sleepy, remote village of Claerview, there lived a legend of rare stones and a rarer sickness. A sickness that breeds other sicknesses. A sickness of black waters. Don't bring back what sparkles, it is a pretty death. This, the old women of Claerview said. And how did they know?

Stories, folklore, and fairy tales. No one is to explore, the entrance barred for good reason. We should have listened, and yet we went as adventurers are apt to do, seeking tales for our own children to tell for years to come.

After constant digging and costly ventures, we hit what we thought to be the end of the whole place. No real treasure to be found, but a flat bedrock with black water up to the calves, and some odd looking glyphs. Jeremy pocketed a few stones; they were but obsidian and ruddy quartz. No real treasure. None came to sickness. The bird of warning made no cries, and nothing was foul enough to warrant concern.

But it was foul, and it followed. It followed, and the weeks since have seen small gurglings of what we wrought.

Fletcher is dead. He died in a pool of his own blood, eyes scooped out of his head. The culprit was his elderly mother.
Kelis is dead. She died traversing the Ferrow Bog, which is home to not much else but frogs. I found her top half in a tree, and the other fused within a large stone.
Jeremy, the light of our troupe, is dead. The youth erupted via a crash of lighting, as made apparent by the scorched marks and debris about the field.
Agatha is dead. Her illnesses was the kind that seeps from the mouth. It just wouldn't stop. I locked her away to prevent the spread. She is now a heap of tar.

I do not write this to let it be known that I know I am to die. To die by sabotage from geriatric, black-watered nightmare, freakish storm, or plague-curse.

I write this to let anyone who may read this know, that this was our fault. It was our fault, and I am sorry.

I also write this because, I feel, that I am the one meant to write what I see taking shape. For why else would I still draw breath, as the others were to die so fitfully?

The months that followed proved more potent. I suspect I am here to tell you this, most of all:

Our world is changing; people who were clear-eyed have snapped at the smallest of slight, killing those around them. I know of a woman who swears she saw a slack-jawed creature erupt from the black waters of a small pond and shuffle her young son away to the world beyond. I couldn't possibly hope to catalog everything I've learned and seen, but I shall try.

I shall try, perhaps, even after death, to do this service. It is the least I can do for damning us all.

I suspect, you who may be reading this, shall now be seeing things fantastical and horrifying. I suspect you shall see what we wrought, and what we wrought was bound to happen eventually, or perhaps, had happened long before.

I shall not see the final culmination of this evil, this I know. I was dead the minute I stepped foot in those mines. And I damned a whole world to die alongside me.

โ€”๐•ฟ๐–ž๐–‡๐–†๐–‘๐–™ ๐–‚๐–ž๐–“๐–“ ๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–Ž๐–™๐–†๐–˜
[/div]
[/div]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]

โ€œMen were meant to die an unmemorable death, after magnificent struggle, as all other mortal things do.โ€

[/div][/div]

[/div]

Last edited:
[class=biggie] width: 100%; max-width:1200px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: center; clear:both; font-size:12px; color: #fff; font-weight:100; background: #000 [/class] [class=whut] background: #000;[/class] [class=handsomedevil] background: #262626; text-align: left; width:32%; float:left; color: #fff; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speakeasy] letter-spacing: 3px; word-spacing: 2px; border-bottom: solid 10px #47302e; font-size:14px; background: #262626; padding:10px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #fff; font-weight:100; [/class] [class=speaks] color: #fff; padding:15px; text-align: left; float:right; width:65%; background: #262626; font-size:14px; line-height:1.4; letter-spacing:1px; padding:20px; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=handsomedevil maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=whut maxWidth="800px"] margin: 0 auto; padding: 0px; width:97%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=biggie maxWidth="800px"] padding: 0px; margin: 0 auto; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=speaks maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box[/class] [class name=speakeasy maxWidth="800px"]margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; width:100%; box-sizing: border-box;[/class]
[div class=whut]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]
"Men weren't meant to tame fire, wield water, and buckle earth. Men weren't meant to rend weapons that befit ancient things. Men weren't meant to talk to folk that were not folk, but dreams and nightmares..."[/div]

[div class=handsomedevil]

709932716d729fa52041e8277290dc2f.jpg

[/div][div class=speaks]

Welcome to 'Of Black Waters': A dark fantasy RP.
Enjoy your stay in the land of Seldona

The game is simple: Dark fantasy, unlocked. Magic and monsters have always existed, but not in our dimension. Now they're here, and the party has to deal with it, as the heroes of this story. This is a 'reaching potential' type of game.

Tybalt is dead, but the black waters continue to let him leave a legacy, even in death.

His letters/pamphlets are the new survivalist bible for people who have Seen Some Shit Recently. The problem? He is also often wrong, or at least a little bit misguided.

Clues, monster info, will be given in the form of Tybalt's Letters. Think of him as a ghost party member who can't interact directly. Let's coordinate for this; we all get a chance to pen letters.

When the game picks up, you'll have an otherworldly guide, depending on the choices you make. The plot is open almost completely after we get past this first monster-slaying.

I have ideas and plans, but this is Your Baby.

You can go where your wish, and propose what you want.

Let's work together!

[/div]
[/div]
[div class=biggie]
[div class=speakeasy]
โ€œMen were meant to die an unmemorable death, after magnificent struggle, as all other mortal things do.โ€
[/div][/div]

[/div]

Oooo, I like this! Giving me some serious Berserk vibes, with the supernatural suddenly arriving into our world without much warning. What's the setting like in terms of kingdoms and such, exactly? What's the overall culture like?

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Oooo, I like this! Giving me some serious Berserk vibes, with the supernatural suddenly arriving into our world without much warning. What's the setting like in terms of kingdoms and such, exactly? What's the overall culture like?

There's more info in the main thread/lore and stuff, but basically we're building this out together. There are a few small towns to start, and then the major one is Tallis. For a simple answer: it's the New York of Seldona, so it's a major super-power, and economically booming.

I don't want to push what the world fully is, because other people might want to play Princess/Prince of Blah kingdom, or Knight of Blah kingdom, etc.

We're all [supposedly] human in this game, everything probably smells like crap, corruption abounds, and most people are just struggling to survive. Our cast are fated heroes, but they start of being fairly ignorant/weak about what beasties they really have to face, what everything means, and why they've been chosen.

It's a 'reaching potential' game. Suffice to say I have plans, but I really, really, really want people to run with their own quests, propose fun monsters, locations, and go balls-to-the-wall. Everyone starts at the same location: Medreen, and on the same quest: A Rather Large, Foul Smelling Bird.

What happens after that is really up to the players. :)

@ru

There's more info in the main thread/lore and stuff, but basically we're building this out together. There are a few small towns to start, and then the major one is Tallis. For a simple answer: it's the New York of Seldona, so it's a major super-power, and economically booming.

I don't want to push what the world fully is, because other people might want to play Princess/Prince of Blah kingdom, or Knight of Blah kingdom, etc.

We're all [supposedly] human in this game, everything probably smells like crap, corruption abounds, and most people are just struggling to survive. Our cast are fated heroes, but they start of being fairly ignorant/weak about what beasties they really have to face, what everything means, and why they've been chosen.

It's a 'reaching potential' game. Suffice to say I have plans, but I really, really, really want people to run with their own quests, propose fun monsters, locations, and go balls-to-the-wall. Everyone starts at the same location: Medreen, and on the same quest: A Rather Large, Foul Smelling Bird.

What happens after that is really up to the players. :)
Ah, alright. Got it! I think that going for a medieval German look would work very well, since this is based off of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Thanks for the answers! I'd be more than happy to help plot this out.

Ah, alright. Got it! I think that going for a medieval German look would work very well, since this is based off of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Thanks for the answers! I'd be more than happy to help plot this out.

No problemo! It was mostly ganked from the idea of "What if Witcher 3 didn't have Geralt, and nobody knew wtf was going on?" lol. There are probably more Germanic areas, but also possibly French-inspired as well. Maybe even villages stricken by Vampires who are benign and have no idea how to grapple with their relatively recent immortality/blood addictions.

It's a big world out here :) Anything is really possible.

Feel free to check out the Main thread and then the Character Sheets/Apps one, and see if it strikes your fancy!

Oohh hi! I haven't ever talked to an Admin before (I'm honored)! Thank you so much! :)

Haven't run a big RP in a really long time, so I'm really hoping people have fun, and we can make something wonderful together. <3

Hopefully, it works out, looks great. Just reading over all the threads, might send a character in. Just to confirm, human characters only right?

No problemo! It was mostly ganked from the idea of "What if Witcher 3 didn't have Geralt, and nobody knew wtf was going on?" lol. There are probably more Germanic areas, but also possibly French-inspired as well. Maybe even villages stricken by Vampires who are benign and have no idea how to grapple with their relatively recent immortality/blood addictions.

It's a big world out here :) Anything is really possible.

Feel free to check out the Main thread and then the Character Sheets/Apps one, and see if it strikes your fancy!
That last idea sounds really cool, actually! Reminds me of how the Vampire Chronicles deals with vampires, where the fact that they're immortal making them pretty miserable, all things considered. And having different cultures would be great! I'm thinking that my character will be a knight sent by his liege to find the Count's son who went missing several weeks before.

Hopefully, it works out, looks great. Just reading over all the threads, might send a character in. Just to confirm, human characters only right?
Aww! <3 That'd be awesome! Would be happy to have you.

Well, not quite...they can think they're human, or be vaguely aware they're not, or they can be Secret Something Or Others. As long as they're fairly unaware/not super powerful at the moment, and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have been found out as being [Species Here]/thrown out of every town, you can do whatever you want.

I am cool with anything, as long as it makes sense. Since it's a reaching potential game, they might look human for a bit, then turn into a magical donkey. Anything is possible.

That last idea sounds really cool, actually! Reminds me of how the Vampire Chronicles deals with vampires, where the fact that they're immortal making them pretty miserable, all things considered. And having different cultures would be great! I'm thinking that my character will be a knight sent by his liege to find the Count's son who went missing several weeks before.
Yeah! That sounds like a rad idea! Check out the threads and LMK if you got questions. :)

The Vampire Chronicles is rad and I encourage whoever is reading this and might want a Vampire to do just that. We don't have specific lore on vampires, so for all we know they're less "I shirk at sunlight" and more "I am addicted to the red sauce like IRL people love Sriracha" type of thing. I encourage twisting preconceived ideas of what something has to be :)

<3

Aww! <3 That'd be awesome! Would be happy to have you.

Well, not quite...they can think they're human, or be vaguely aware they're not, or they can be Secret Something Or Others. As long as they're fairly unaware/not super powerful at the moment, and it makes sense as to why they wouldn't have been found out as being [Species Here]/thrown out of every town, you can do whatever you want.

I am cool with anything, as long as it makes sense. Since it's a reaching potential game, they might look human for a bit, then turn into a magical donkey. Anything is possible.

Will send you a PM with character ideas.

Yeah! That sounds like a rad idea! Check out the threads and LMK if you got questions. :)

The Vampire Chronicles is rad and I encourage whoever is reading this and might want a Vampire to do just that. We don't have specific lore on vampires, so for all we know they're less "I shirk at sunlight" and more "I am addicted to the red sauce like IRL people love Sriracha" type of thing. I encourage twisting preconceived ideas of what something has to be :)

<3
Woo! I will, once I get the time. Gonna be busy today. I'm super stoked for this!

Will send you a PM with character ideas.
Awesome! I might have to pop away to work for a little bit, but I will await the PM with a smile on my face. I'm really happy you seem interested in a non-human character. Because that would be awesome.

Woo! I will, once I get the time. Gonna be busy today. I'm super stoked for this!
Yay! Glad you're stoked! I'm excited too! If it's a busy day, remember to take breaks and treat yoself. <3 The game isn't goin' anywhere, so take your time and play around with ideas!

Oh wow this looks very awesome indeed! I havenโ€™t had the chance to read to in-depth yet as Iโ€™m at work but Iโ€™m very much interested in this! Bring a Warhammer/40k fan I love grimdark settings!

mom thinking of making something along the lines of a smith/ex-soldier who lost his children due to this evolving world and is seeking answers. Iโ€™m kind of thinking eventually he could be a kind of Runesmith if such a thing is possible in this universe far down the road

I'm still working on my character. I'm either going to make him the descendent of a folk hero, thud giving him odd abilities and traits, or the descendent of a legendary king, and he becomes sort of an unlikely and unwilling King Arthur.

Keidivh Keidivh feel free to shoot me or Basilisk with a PM if you're interested! Character ideas very welcome, and if you wanna jump into the discord to kind of get a feel, I'm sure we'd love to work it out! (Also feel free to browse the character apps)

KingHalliwell KingHalliwell shoot us a PM!

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford hewo rusty :))))

oooo im interested, but i know next to nothing about the witcher lol. is that alright?

The Witcher is like...Shrek if it was written by George R. R. Martin. It deconstructs classic fairy tales with a lot of violence and death.
LOL It's funny because I can picture that. I saw the Netflix adaptation and it was alright, but I imagine the source material is much darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back