• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Okay so, since a lot of replies are overdue and some of those can't be resolved until those before have replied and the thread is just getting a mess of everyone waiting for everyone else from the dance cards cuz we aren't all in sync, I just decided to advance to the Goblet's selections! I know this happened very abruptly and without planning, so if anyone has any questions about what just happened, please feel free to ask. Also, as I alluded to in my post, Malaika is replacing Zuri as Uagadou champion on account of the latter character's inactivity. I'd like to remind everyone that posts for each character are due biweekly, please, not every three or four weeks. Over three weeks without a post is likely to result in that character losing their championship, or if a secondary, removal from the thread or relegation to NPC.

Anyway though, enough story-changing events have occurred that I think any and everyone can reply now, regardless of dance partners' activities. Up first we need captaindanger captaindanger with Raphael and Ricky, pearjuice pearjuice with Lan and Amity, and Wolfiee Wolfiee with Malaika, please!

Now, do you guys wanna resume the dancing but swap out the inactive characters for active ones, cuz it's two girls each? Or shall we skip to the feast now that champions have been announced, or just straight to tonight after the ceremony?

after the ceremony! it'll give the others time to catch up on replies while letting active players still interact

If we timeskip to after the ceremony, is it okay if Cha-Cha borrows Lis and Ricky for a little bit? irregular-neptune irregular-neptune captaindanger captaindanger
That's good with me!!

Short of wands or magic, what weapon would your characters use in battle??

also I meant to answer this??

I think Lis would use a bow and arrow (he's more of a distance fighter).

Ramona would probably use something like a Beater club/regular club or a mace... I feel like she's tough and would be a more aggressive fighter

And Kaz would probably use like a sword or dagger, though he'd be more likely to avoid conflict unless he had to

irregular-neptune irregular-neptune *folds hands sinisterly* Eggselent.

Guess I'd better answer my own question, eh? I low-key headcanon Vasu has done some prissy and expensive combat sport like fencing for a number of years, so he'd want to use a sword in battle, more specifically a rapier or one-handed saber. But the idea of beating the piss out of someone with bare fists would hella appeal to him too. Cha-Cha was selling drugs in a gang as a kid and has some experience solving problems with knives, so that's what he'd go with. Or a Smith & Wesson 9mm if he meant business.

((quick sorry in advance for everyone who gets pinged by this multi-quote lmao, i am very far behind on chatting with you all here))
not chitrita immediately trying to get intel on the other schools omg. love that for her
honeycoves honeycoves Chitrita's post is amazing!!! I really wish I'd waited just a little longer to post with Vasu. No matter though, I'm just already really looking forward to his next reply. XD

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Please post with Naomi sometime today or tomorrow!
honeycoves honeycoves Both your intros are so amazingly put together! Truly in awe of how sorted it is.
now that i'm catching up, i'd just like to thank you guys all for your kind words. they really mean a lot to me, and i'm so flattered that you guys appreciate my writing c: i'm really blown away by everyone else's posts as well, i feel like i understand your guys' characters so well through your words and they're so fun to read!!

Okay so, since a lot of replies are overdue and some of those can't be resolved until those before have replied and the thread is just getting a mess of everyone waiting for everyone else from the dance cards cuz we aren't all in sync, I just decided to advance to the Goblet's selections! I know this happened very abruptly and without planning, so if anyone has any questions about what just happened, please feel free to ask. Also, as I alluded to in my post, Malaika is replacing Zuri as Uagadou champion on account of the latter character's inactivity. I'd like to remind everyone that posts for each character are due biweekly, please, not every three or four weeks. Over three weeks without a post is likely to result in that character losing their championship, or if a secondary, removal from the thread or relegation to NPC.

Anyway though, enough story-changing events have occurred that I think any and everyone can reply now, regardless of dance partners' activities. Up first we need captaindanger captaindanger with Raphael and Ricky, pearjuice pearjuice with Lan and Amity, and Wolfiee Wolfiee with Malaika, please!
Now, do you guys wanna resume the dancing but swap out the inactive characters for active ones, cuz it's two girls each? Or shall we skip to the feast now that champions have been announced, or just straight to tonight after the ceremony?
i know that i am also behind on my replies by a few days. i am doing my best to work on my replies while i'm finishing up my final papers, projects, and exams. i understand it will be about a week late, but i'm hoping to have replies up this weekend once the papers are behind me and it's just exams that need attention!! i appreciate your patience. i'm totally on board with skipping to after the ceremony since that seems to be the consensus right now, i'm just curious what the vibes for that are going to be. is it mostly students getting settled into their boarding accommodations and getting to know each other(are accommodations just split by gender or by both gender and school) and congregating to get up to general mischievousness? and should the next replies all contain the skip/cut to the skip? sorry for so many questions! i'm still excited for this group c:

@thundercloud611 Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 @WanderLust. Please reply with Zuri and Sasha, Einar, and Kiara sometime over the weekend!

Short of wands or magic, what weapon would your characters use in battle??
also late to answering this awesome question. i feel like mey is definitely a brass knuckles girly. she gets her hands dirty and they can used both offensively and defensively. i really like the idea of chitrita using something powerfully forward like a whip, since i feel like it fits her style. but i could also see her being keen on using something like a dagger that's a little more cunning than the whip. or something biting but not deadly, like a taser lmao.

honeycoves honeycoves Excellent questions. I'll kick off the timeskip with a post tomorrow, and then everyone can follow suit. I didn't even think about the accommodations. Would you guys like to do them by gender and school, or shall we instead do random roommates? And yeah, general mischief and shenanigans are the vibe. It's the after party, if you will, but an unstructured one. So basically just free time.

i think random roommates for the most chaos! or we could do luck of the draw and have like three or four students of the same gender per room maaybe?

Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Whichever you want to do! If you have an idea already in mind for Auri's post, go ahead and have her react to the statues' announcements, but if you don't, feel free to wait for my post.
I might wait because I wanna make sure everything is how you want it! I will try and post the same day you do because I know she is due for her post! <3

The deed is done.

Dorm 1:
Ricky; Raphael; honeycoves honeycoves unnamed boy

Dorm 2:
Lanre; Odinson; Theo

Dorm 3:
Vasu; Cosmo; Lis

Dorm 1:
Gavy; Malaika; Chitrita

Dorm 2:
Ramona; Naomi; Mey

Dorm 3: