• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
girl i had to change that reaction from a like to a mf KNIFE - i dont know about captain but i see theo and raph butting heads and clara avoiding him because of how flirty he is (she'd find that annoying despite his charm)

WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS LOL i thought it was a knife. legit thought "oh that makes sense because they killed it and you stab people with knifes if youre mentally unhinged". please forgive me i slept for like an hour in total 😂

WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS LOL i thought it was a knife. legit thought "oh that makes sense because they killed it and you stab people with knifes if youre mentally unhinged". please forgive me i slept for like an hour in total 😂
AHHHHHHH I AM SO SORRY TO HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO RUIN YOUR AMAZING THOUGHT PROCESS!!! I LOVE THE WAY YOUR MIND WORKS!

Lol that's okay you can stab him with the pen

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT PEN USED AS A KNIFE BEFORE BUT I LOVE IT! HAS ME DYING RN! Also I love Theo!!!! 🥰🥰🥰
SMH I know so many people are gonna hate him but I'm trying to plan a redemption arc for him eventually so if you wanna toss anything his way I'll pick at the scraps lol

yall liking it with the PEN is killing me lol. ive never thought to really look any closer at the little icons for the reactions so thats on me. and theo reminds me of a younger clara so i get it! she's definitely not going to be someone people get along with easily - she will have random bouts of aggressive jealousy and random days or moments of coldness. im trying to start her off a little more digestible in the roleplay. i see her and theo butting heads a lot and having interesting arguments or conversations. i dont wanna put too much here since this isnt the plotting thread but if you have any ideas for him my characters are always open for plotting

WanderLust. WanderLust. Theo is accepted! What with his tough guy whatever-it-takes attitude and little sister soft spot, he and Vasu have a lot in common! Maybe they can be gambling buddies, provided they don't let the games come between them too much? Vasu is a sore loser but he also respects the strategies of a superior player.

Just a note, Theo's fears section is currently blank! But I'll leave it at your jurisdiction if you wanna fill it in.

WanderLust. WanderLust. Theo is accepted! What with his tough guy whatever-it-takes attitude and little sister soft spot, he and Vasu have a lot in common! Maybe they can be gambling buddies, provided they don't let the games come between them too much? Vasu is a sore loser but he also respects the strategies of a superior player.

Just a note, Theo's fears section is currently blank! But I'll leave it at your jurisdiction if you wanna fill it in.
Fixed! I spend all day staring at these character sheets and then still somehow always manage to forget something SMH

Physical
Strength 12
Speed 13
Endurance 13
Agility 13
Flexibility 9
Dexterity 9
Swimming 13
Stealth 12

Magic
Transfiguration 13
Charms 18
Potions 18
History of Magic 11
Defense Against the Dark Arts 18
Astronomy/Divination 10
Herbology 17
Care for Magical Creatures 15
Flying 14
Healing 16
Apparition 13
Legilimency/Occlumency 10

Virtues
Responsibility 18
Kindness 17
Ambition 15
Creativity 9
Intelligence (book smart) 12
Wisdom (street smart) 11
Openness (to new ideas) 13
Courage 17
Serenity 13
Charisma 12

RICARDO

Ricky
Straight
Male
Secondary
"Ricky"
AT A GLANCE

Full Name: Ricardo André Pitanga
Name Meaning: Ricardo means brave prince, André means manly warrior, and Pitanga is another word for cherry
Birthdate: October 21st

Nationality: Brazilian
School: Castelobruxo
Year: 7th
House: Sylphs
Wand: Alder, Phoenix feather, 12 1/2 inches, reasonably supple
Pet: If Pygmy Puffs are allowed, then Ricky has a pink one. I don't know if these would exist without the Weasley twins?

Blood Status: Half-blood
Patronus: A black pegasus
Boggart: It will turn into one of his friends and duel with him
Quidditch: He doesn't play
Preferred Classes: Magizoology (basically care for magical creatures) and charms

Appearance: Ricardo has caramel blonde hair that goes to the back of his neck and blue eyes. He has limestone colored skin, thin lips and a triangle shaped face. When he smiles he has dimples that line the corners of his mouth and ears that appear to be a touch too large for the sides of his head
Scent: Sicilian oranges and something that is woodsy and salty
Height & Weight: 5'7 and 149
Body Modifications: He doesn't have any
Physical Disabilities: Same as above
Faceclaim: Tom Hiddleston
THE DEEPER STUFF

Personality: Ricky is a brave but sarcastic person. He has a great sense of humor and gets in trouble a lot because of his scintillating mouth. He likes to joke and make light of things to ease any tension and cover up what he is feeling. Ricky is also known to be defiant. He isn't the sort to sit down and shut up or let someone boss him around. His is brave too but not fearless. He will face anything thrown at him even if he is terrified. His greatest flaws are that he acts without thinking and he is way too responsible. He is impulsive and has a tendency to jump in straight away without thinking and get himself in trouble. On the other hand, he takes responsibility for everything. If something goes wrong on his watch he blames himself. Even if he couldn't have done anything to stop it. He does good under pressure and knows how to buckle up and get serious. He is very attached to his loved ones and will protect them at all costs. He will help or rescue his cherished ones without any thought to his own safety. Ricky is rebellious. Sometimes he breaks rules just to say he did it. He is sassy too and can be snarky at times. He finds it hard to contain his emotions sometimes, which is in part why he has an attitude problem with others. He plays up the bad boy personality but Ricky is skilled at putting himself in stranger's shoes. He is able to empathize with anyone even if they are horrible and rotten. He is selfless for his loved ones and does not buckle under pressure. He will not give up on his goals no matter how out there they look to others. All in all he is a good person but Clara won't get a taste of that at all muahahaha
Positive Traits: Brave, selfless, responsible, caring, empathetic, good sense of humor, optimistic, advocative, alert, capable, consistent, dependable, good-natured, individualistic, logical, playful, protective, and realistic
Negative Traits: Impulsive, impatient, lacks self control, introvert, anxious, argumentative, clumsy, critical, difficult, easily distracted, intense, jealous, judgmental, moody, reckless, resentful, strong willed, and inarticulate
MBTI Type: ISFP. The adventurer
Moral Alignment: Chaotic good
Temperament: Choleric

Family: Marcia: mother, alive, muggle
Antonio: father, alive, pure-blood
Bruno: step-dad, dead, muggle
Miguel: new step-dad, alive, muggle
Hometown: Salvador, Brazil
Backstory: TW for domestic violence and murder
Ricardo grew up not knowing his blood father. His mother had him young and remarried early enough that most of his memories from a young age included his step father Bruno. Bruno was not a good parent or partner. He was abusive to both Ricky and Marcia. Despite putting his hands on his step-son, Ricky never backed down from the harassment he received and repeatedly stood up to Bruno. No matter what consequences came his way. Unfortunately the abuse was worse for his mom. And the older he got the more he picked up on when it came to the things that happened when he wasn't home. Growing up in the muggle world, Ricky was unaware of the wizarding world for a long time. He had things happen that he couldn't explain. But Marcia feared what would happen to Ricky if Bruno heard about what Ricky really was so she lied to Ricky. She never said it was all in his head or dismissed the random outbursts that would happen. But she never ridiculed him for it either like her husband did.
Ricky got kicked out of muggle schools often. He was bullied a lot by his peers for the unexplainable habits he had and because of his dyslexia he struggled with schoolwork. Getting booted from these places wasn't unusual but it was exhausting for him and his mom. Before he turned eleven years old his mother finally had answers for him. That he was a wizard, because his father was a wizard. She had finally received a letter saying that Ricky was admitted into the wizarding school in their country. He began going to Castelobruxo as a student, where he felt like he fit in a little better. Other students had a majority of the same problems as him with them all being first year students. But as they went on to learn magic Ricky continued to struggle because of his dyslexia. The bullying continued but gradually died down as the students got older.
Ricky has a close knit group of friends. He is friendly to anyone who is friendly to him but he holds onto grudges. So anyone who bullied him before he will not let go of it unless they prove themselves multiple times to have changed from their past behavior. He is closest to two other students at Castelobruxo, but his best friend is Cosmo, a student from Durmstrang. They exchange letters throughout the year and on holiday breaks they meet up when possible. Ricky was once friends with Cosmo's sister Clara but she became mean after their family troubles got worse. Unable to bear the pain that was losing a friend he admired so much they have become enemies. All of this is to say that he mostly hangs with two or three people at Castelobruxo but otherwise keeps to himself if not to exchange pleasantries with nicer acquaintances.
During Ricky's third year of school he went home for Christmas and found that things between his mom and Bruno had gotten worse than he could have imagined. He got into a nasty fight about his blood father with his mom. Ricky didn't like seeing his mom in pain and couldn't wrap his head around why she would stay with someone awful who treated her like shit. Before he went back to school he was able to finally convince his mom to leave him. Before she could do it Bruno found out about it and it turned into a physical altercation. Ricky accidentally killed Bruno in defense of his mom and the trial took a lot out of them. Thankfully it was properly deemed self defense but Ricky has not been able to shake how easily making the choice to fight back was.
I don't know where this fits in but Ricky's blood father Antonio had to leave Ricky and Marcia behind in fear of them being targeted by his enemies. I have not fleshed out all of this yet but Marcia and Antonio were star crossed lovers who accidentally had a kid. Marcia has never talked bad about Antonio but has always been vague and Ricky has never met his father. He does not know Antonio's identity or that he is alive

- Video games
- Archery
- Rock wall climbing
- Being picked on
Dislikes:
- Reading
- Working out (but he does it anyway)
- Losing
- Pessimists
- Bullies (ironically, he is one to Clara but thinks it is justified)
- Most healthy foods
- Not being believed
Habits:
- Ricky speaks without thinking. He will always lean back on his wits and be sarcastic or sassy. He does not know how to not be this way
- He will stand up for others no matter what consequences it brings him
- He likes that he can be hard to read and will use that to his advantage as often as he can. This is something he learned from knowing Clara for so long
- He hits people emotionally where it hurts the most. He is a good person but does not hold back with anyone who deserves to be knocked down a peg
- He paces when he is stressed out
Fears: Ricky fears losing his mom. They are close and she is his best friend above anyone else
Hobbies: Ricky is an avid gamer and will play just about anything he can get his hands on. He likes to rockwall climb and he won't do it alone but he likes to hike and go out into wilderness to get lost
Mental Disorders: PTSD and dyslexia
DATING LIFE

Relationship Status: Single
Crush(es): No one
Past Partners: He has had a few relationships in the past
Turn-Ons:
- Confident
- Having a good sense of humor
- When they take intiative
- Intelligence
- Long hair
- Easy to talk to
Turn-Offs:
- Not loyal to him
- The helpless ones
- Doesn't take care of themselves
- Dishonesty
- Boring
- Complains a lot
- Girls that aren't very feminine
Dominant or Submissive: Dominant
FOR FUN
His playlist:
-
100 Bad Days by AJR
- Mama Said by Lukas Graham
- I Lived by OneRepublic
- Afraid by The Neighbourhood
- Survivor by 2WEI and Edda Hayes
- People You Know by Selena Gomez
- Better by Gracie Abrams
- Making The Bed by Olivia Rodrigo
- What A Time by Julia Michaels

Headcanons:
- Since a plot for Clara got lost with Raphael pearjuice and I came up with the idea of a character that was her enemy first instead. This is that character
- Ricky is fluent in English and Portuguese. Both sound like his first language because he grew up in a bilingual home
- He is a difficult student because of his dyslexia. He takes a lot of notes and asks too many questions. His assignments are usually turned in a day or two late because it takes that long for him to get through reading everything in his books or on his homework. Not because he forgets about them and doesn't want to do them
- He struggles with reading out loud too. He gets made fun of for this
- He likely has talked about Cosmo and Clara before and a lot
- Ricky misses obvious hints sometimes. He is smart but he has a lot of dumb moments
- He can and will argue with anyone. He has a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut up
- He has a lot of insecurities and stress that he won't acknowledge. It isn't healthy but he's gotten this far
- The year that Ricky killed Bruno was one of the hardest years of his life. He isolated himself outside of his two close friends and went through a short period of feeling unmotivated in his classes
- Once had black hair for a while because he and Clara wanted to match but she refused to change her hair color
- He knows how to play Quidditch but is not very good at it

Plotcandies:
- Ricky is not a bad character. But he and Clara don't like each other. It is complicated because he is Cosmo's childhood friend. And Ricky has not been caught being mean to Clara. She started it but he can't forgive her for when she was mean to him. They are in each other's orbit a lot and they keep trying to one up the other *pre approved by pearjuice
- We were talking about Ricky being in the friend group with Gavy, Raphael, Kiara and the twins but our concern was that Ricky's hazing will be too obvious for the girls to sit by and not say anything when it happens. Cosmo doesn't know that Clara and Ricky don't get along because he thinks it is part of their friendship (approved by pearjuice too). I'd like some feedback on this one
- Aki and Ricky will get along. They both are driven by their desire to work hard and see results
- Ricky will get along with Lis too. Maybe they are friends before the competition and Ricky wants to go to show support? I can see them running into each other at parties and Ricky was never one of those surface level friends. I see them butting heads on things they don't agree on and both of them thinking they are right but they handle it well probably
- Ricky being there for Lis when he found out about Nestor?
- On another note, because I'm aware of the plot with Cha-Cha and Clara, I foresee Ricky trying to ruin that. Then Cosmo tells Ricky his worries and he becomes a regular problem ?
- He likes Cha-Cha as a teacher. He finds it uncomfortable and intrusive when Cha-Cha startles his thoughts to get him to focus in class. Aside from that he makes class fun and Ricky tries his best to learn from him
- Cha-cha and Ricky gaming
- Gavy noticing his beef with Clara and she decides to not like Ricky either?
- I think Raph would become friends with Ricky because of Cosmo and therefore not see the way Clara is treated by Ricky
- Cha-Cha recognizes the Winter family coat of arms because of how the twins used to send Ricky letters?
© pasta

Last edited:
ricky when i watch you ricky

proud of you for leaving your comfort zone twice! once to do a group roleplay and another to do a second character within the same one!! i like how for backstory its just 'ahh' right now as a placeholder lol

captaindanger captaindanger Cha-Cha usually lectures in Spanish and since Ricky doesn't speak it, I can imagine him narrowing his eyes at Ricky and thinking like, "Goddammit kid, do I really gotta say it all again in English just for your sake?" But not actually blaming Ricky, of course, cuz half of Cha's classes were in Russian as a student and he just sat there reading teachers' minds to understand their meaning. XDDD

Would you like Ricky's stats now or after you finish his form, mi amor?

If the stats are randomized you can send them to me now. I haven't decided if he will be villainous or not but I don't think that has anything to do with his scores
I think Cha-Cha will hate Ricky as a student but Ricky will enjoy his classes so it's funny he is mildly riled up about having to talk in English

Dood my DM f.cking hates me cuz I only ever wanna play villainous characters, whether overtly or not.

Aight, imma send you a very long and random string of numbers in just a minute! And Cha-Cha won't hate Ricky if the desire to learn is there and he has a valid excuse for turning his work in late, which he does. Now if Ricky is a bully that's another story and Cha-Cha will go out of his way to make his life a living hell while wearing a smile.

That is what I'm torn between. With Raphael I wanted him to lose and now with Ricky I don't know if I want him to become a bad person or if his beef should be with only one character. The only reason I didn't make him a bully is because then nobody will interact with him. But I'm sure that there will be opportunities for him to be corrupt down the line. But do I even want him to. Ya know? I'll nail it down later
The thing with Ricky right now is he only is mean to Clara. It goes both ways from what pearjuice and I have plotted but he is heinous to her. That small fact is what has led me to two diverging paths that I can't pick between. In his head he has every right to be that way to her but the way his personality is set up right now shows that he is capable of being worse but chooses to not be with anyone else

captaindanger captaindanger Theo and Vasu are bullies, so Ricky would low-key have a squad if he were one too lol. But we love picking on Clara, so isolated hatred is cool too! don't hate me pearjuice I had to say it

captain and i did an avatar themed dnd champagne for a few weeks last year and she was a fucking menace. do not let raphael fool you into thinking she only writes happy characters

you could always leave ricky open to give the option to change your mind later in the roleplay! it sounds like he may ruffle feathers either way just from having an attitude (it reminds me of clara; it probably doesnt help that they are always fighting lol)

My idea was to have Ricky become a part of the friend group that Clara likes. With Cosmo, Gavy, Kiara and Raph. On the outside everyone likes Ricky but he is a villain to Clara hidden in plain sight and ruining everything she likes. In hindsight he would have been the better champion than Raph but oh well. But now I'm on the fence

My idea was to have Ricky become a part of the friend group that Clara likes. With Cosmo, Gavy, Kiara and Raph. On the outside everyone likes Ricky but he is a villain to Clara hidden in plain sight and ruining everything she likes. In hindsight he would have been the better champion than Raph but oh well. But now I'm on the fence
Gavy finds out and his knee caps go bye-bye.

Ricky is done. I'm still on the fence with some of his history but I think he will do well in the roleplay. I chose to make him a normal person instead of a bully. He still picks on Clara because they have bad blood but that isn't to say that he can't be brought to the dark side. This way I don't have to pick anything for his future yet

captaindanger captaindanger Sorry for the late response! Somehow I missed the notification on this thread. Anyway, Ricky's form is beautiful and he's accepted! Just two minor questions I have: One, what's his Castelobruxo house? And two, Marcia is indeed a half-blood witch but she thought it best to conceal Ricky's magical heritage from him? Reading his backstory I kinda got the impression that she's a Muggle for whatever reason but I could be dead wrong.

Also, if you'd like, maybe Antonio is on the run because he dabbled in Cha-Cha's vigilante murder cult? XD And narrowly escaped arrest and has been on the run ever since. But if you have other ideas for him and his powerful enemies, no worries!

Fixed it. I must have forgotten to fix those when I was wrapping up his form ope. I changed his mom to be a muggle and chose a house

I like the murder cult idea. Would Cha-cha know that he was Ricky's dad or would they not know the connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back