Other Obscure fandoms you'd like to RP

Currently trying to recruit for a Monster Hunters RP me and a friend are hosting!
Really excited for it but not many people seem to know about MH ;-;

Smallville or lucifer,

For me its been hard to find. Praying to get either one this year please

i'd have to say toilet bound hanako kun(its popular due to unique artstyle,anime,characters, but not a well known level its a rlly great anime),ddlc(obsecure on this site),owl house,kill la kill(a iconic studio trigger anime but i see little to no rps on this anime),love chunnibyo, and other delusions AND probably the most obsecure fandom no one has ever heard about sanrio boys.
I personally love Hanako-kun! I only watched the anime, and my favorite is Tsukasa! I also love crossovers...Which is normally the deal-breaker with people, lol.
It makes me cry because I once wrote a Hanako-kun + Twisted Wonderland crossover one-shot because the Halloween event sucked in the Twisted Wonderland game, and I thought Tsukasa was a scary fricking villain. So??? why not both lmao?

it's a book fandom and no one writes for it, but i'd kill for a plot in the world of the stalking jack the ripper series! or even trigun, though i think trigun is gaining some popularity due to stampede.

So many of the fandoms I want to RP are this! :specialeyes:

I think the most obscure fandom that I really, really want to play at this very moment is The Last Halloween. It's a horror-comedy webcomic, and most webcomics don't get big fandoms in the first place; this particular one is also on hiatus, has been for a while, and is probably going to be for another year because its creator, Abby Howard, is working on the video game Scarlet Hollow.

But The Last Halloween is so good, I love it. It has some of most enjoyable monster designs, and maybe the coolest worldbuilding, I have ever seen. The general idea is that monsters burst through into the human world one Halloween night and promptly start killing tons of people; it is basically the apocalypse. The person tasked with going on a quest to save the world is a ten year old girl who, let's be real, was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and who is not into the idea of doing this because she knows she's ten years old and is most likely just going to immediately die horribly.

And there's a whole lot more going on than just that but that's the basic gist of it and it's so good. Robert the doll is a character. I want the opportunity to roleplay Robert the doll so badly, he is my favorite.

I'm also really craving a Keroro Gunso/Sgt. Frog RP and no one plays from that anymore. Especially not canon characters from it. :closedeyescryingfrown:

Hot Wheels Acceleracers
SD Gundam
Transformers (prime, RID 2015 and Bayverse)

The want to rp these are soul crushing

There's this old web novel called "Sailor Nothing" that I just love.

It's one of the first dark deconstructions of the Magical Girl genre (it even predates Madoka Magica).

Taking obscure as I haven't found any RPs for it, currently Buffy/Angel or Lockwood and Co.

Love a good bit of supernatural/paranormal hunting shenanigans!

Also really would love to do a His Darkest Materials RP although my penchant for wishing to explore fandom universes but not enjoying playing canon characters really sabotages my chances at such a thing.

Last edited:
Taking obscure as I haven't found any RPs for it, currently Buffy/Angel or Lockwood and Co.

Love a good bit of supernatural/paranormal hunting shenanigans!

Also really would love to do a His Darkest Materials RP although my penchant for wishing to explore fandom universes but not enjoying playing canon characters really sabotages my chances at such a thing.
Heck yes- I love all of those~

one that i've picked up more recently has been subnautica.
i've been interested in the series since the first game came out, but i only just now (in the last couple months) had the opportunity to play it and below zero. the world and lore are so interesting to me in the same way james cameron's avatar is, and so i would love to write for something in that setting. ... probably more in the time of the first game rather than the second, though.

Every time I've looked at this thread before I haven't had an answer because the overlap of 'world open enough to RP' and 'fandom I am interested in writing in' is limited but I was staring at bookshelves today and...

Rachel Caine's Weather Warden books.

I don't think I've ever met anyone else who's read them; she's much better known for other stuff (the Great Library, and before that Morganville Vampires) but every now and then I go back and re-binge all of Weather Warden and it's CHOICE. Elemental magic filtered through science, political corruption, demons and djinn, motorcycles and fast cars... it's technically urban fantasy, but not like any urban fantasy you've ever read, and it would be so much fun to play around in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back